PDA

View Full Version : Add more noob fun!!!

stalked monkey
10-01-04, 06:40
Just a few simple ideas to add more noob fun :)

-- Allow lower TL weapons
Currently the lowest TL rifles and pistols cannot be bought at stores, which is lame, because the monsters that drop them are not easily killed by noobs at the level of the gun.
Also, add lower TL heavy weapons... perhaps just nudge down the lowest couple grenades and launchers a little bit?

-- Remove the primary newb hunting grounds and make them explore
Currently, advice from higher levels to noobs is "Oh yeah, theres a sewer right over there, go down there for a couple hours, then theres another sewer right over there, go down there for a day or so, then you'll be right as rain"
It would be MUCH more interesting to hear "Hrmm, you want to help neocron do ya? Well, I know just the place. Go out into Pepper Park... watch out for the Black Dragons mind you!! Go to the back and find the Industrial Area. Thats a great place for you to level!!"

Bleh. Sewers lvl 1 my frelling arse.

Make Industrial area have only low-level mobs (10 and below) to make it viable for fresh-out-of-MC5 noobzors.

--Speaking of MC5....
Increase spawn rate there. My first char spent 2 days there before I figured "this is dumb, i wonder what the rest of neocron is like."
Its WAY too reminicient of Anarchy Online. not that AO was really that bad, but I dont want NC == AO

Add more merchants there. Some ammo for weapons cannot be bought, I heard.
Perhaps add a merchant selling weaponparts? Im not sure if there is one at the Nomads, I havent been there in a while. If there isnt, there should be. I just have this weird idea to make a Constructor there to service noobies.

-- MB is lame.
Not only is MB boring and repetitive, but its far away. Make another levelling area closer to neocron.. perhaps in the middle of NC-TH-TG, so they could all use it. Would bring some interesting conflicts with high levels defending it so their noobies could play.

--The non-NC faction areas (more for experienced players but what the hey)
Yes, I know, it says in the manual "For experienced players."
But its still boring as all fuck to be stuck in Military Base storage areas, Tech Haven energy cores, or Canyon Caves until your big enough to venture out past all the crap outside. You figure that these powers at least have enough guards to guard the area directly outside their bases. Im thinking that the areas near these bases (OUTSIDE) should be more low level.
TH, the two zones containing the exits should contain low level monsters similar to those found outside NC.
TG, the area between the TG exit to and around the large tower should contain those monsters. Fire mobs should not spawn near the TG entrance.
MB, the area in a circle with appx. radius of the distance from MB to the bunker should contain said monsters. All bots should spawn away from that zone.

Ty for reading this :P dont forget to rate the thread.

stalked monkey
10-01-04, 08:07
I... I feel hated now....

/set kill_self 1

CMon people, i sat here for like 15 minutes thinking those up :)

Gotterdammerung
10-01-04, 08:14
Don't double post. 27 min since you started the topic, let it breathe a bit and be patient

amfest
10-01-04, 08:55
well when you create a character .. depending on profession you choose you will recieve items or a weapon . . some have the lazar rifle or gun .. . and there is a low TL nade for a tank also .. or a small cheap drone. . although for the tank with the nade or droner with the cheap drone. . they should kill with melee a few times .. and get a lil money up and head to city . get weapon parts and get those built .. there are alot of contructors and researchers that will build those for free .. especially since you don't need substance or grease for those :P
the TL 6 street model rifle is very hard to get from the mutant cause at the level you need it .. it hurts like hell

as for mc5 .. yea spawn rate should be increased . but there is quite a bit of spawn there .. the problem is .. it rotates around the map .. remember you were talking about exploring. . well explore mc5. . y ou'll find alot of critters around .. though to get to someyou'll have to actually climb mountains and jump over fences at times .. as for wepaon parts .. you can get up to weapon part 3 from mobs there .. and if you get a salvager up to weapon part 4 .. though i hear someone got 5 there .. but that's insane leveling and staying there . . .lol ... and the weapons that you can't find ammo . . guess what. . .you should leave mc5 by then .. lol.
Also for the newb hunting there are lots of places you can go hunt if you go explore. .. heck .. head for the swamp areas if you have any type of projectile weapon . and fight 4 <<<< swamp warriors .. they are slow moving and from what I know only h ave a melee attack. Go to crest village and fight . .bats .. lol plenty of spiders around . . as for MB .. yea I agree the storage halls need some major spawn rework .. . but you can always run outside and try and fight at the bunker .. get in a team and there ya have it .. . as for TG .. . the caves are a joke.. just get your missions and go at it .. . . I personally want to see a few random high level spawns around neocron . . . . outside leveling just outside the tech haven doors is a joke .. you can head east one zone from the north exit .. but that's a lil higher level spawn though there are some small level spawn .. ..actually . . head there.. . along the road F_08 I believe . .and if you make it without getting killed by something high level you'll come across a big family of DROMS (OMG!!) with a wolf or 2 . ..there you go . .instant newbie leveling!! and high level player sExin'

Leebzie
10-01-04, 15:44
how about letting lower tl come from the shop at a % around 80 , and decreasing with TL... just a thought.

t0tt3
10-01-04, 16:07
Originally posted by stalked monkey
I... I feel hated now....

/set kill_self 1

CMon people, i sat here for like 15 minutes thinking those up :)

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Pathetic..... Go to bed and if noone answers hey your post SUCKS!
To bad but thats the reponse you need to get into your head. If they like it they will even give you 5 stars :D

But ok more noob weapons that would be nice, maybe do some small NPC epic run so you don need to buy them. A small run :p
that doesnt take more then 3 - 5 min....

Morganth
10-01-04, 16:13
In response to your reference to MB being too far away and that there needs to be a place with mobs like that similar to it nearby, ever driven/walked around TH? Between TH and Shirkan Fortress is an area with WBs etc like around MB.

Archeus
10-01-04, 16:27
Originally posted by Morganth
In response to your reference to MB being too far away and that there needs to be a place with mobs like that similar to it nearby, ever driven/walked around TH? Between TH and Shirkan Fortress is an area with WBs etc like around MB.

Or just try OZ for the city folk. Loads of launchers there.