PDA

View Full Version : Solution to economy fuxxation?

stalked monkey
10-01-04, 06:21
This will not only help solve the economy fuxxation, but also will bring more people to different areas.

Make every area have a "money modifier" that multiplies the money drops in said area by said factor

For example, in places where people just level a lot killing the same area over an over (El farid, grave, swampcaves, CRP, whatever)
Put a low modifier, like 0.25 or something. RP reason? There are a lot of people there and neocron / doy / tg / whatever cannot afford spending so much.

Put a high modifier in unused zones... say, neocron wants that area cleared for potential expansion. Then put a higher modifier, say 1.5 or so. Best place I can think for this is in ind. area / oz

Also just as a side note, lower prices of all vehicles, this will help lower the cash chain of barter/res/cst that goes on a lot in 4 char servers. And will allow noobs to get vehicles sooner, and go exploring :)

stalked monkey
10-01-04, 08:05
Sheesh man, I must be hated... doesnt this even merit a RESPONSE?

jernau
10-01-04, 08:15
6AM in europe, midnight in the US - not peak time dude, don't take it personally.

I like the modifier idea. I don't know if it'll impact the economy much but it makes sense and might encourage more population distribution.

Not so keen on the vehicles thing. You could fix the economy side by just stopping the vendors buying keys back. I'm not sure I wouldn drop the price though as the game could use more cash-sinks not less (even though no-one buys from them at the moment).

/edit - Gotter never sleeps. Go to bed Gotter.

Gotterdammerung
10-01-04, 08:15
Here's your response. Don't Double Post. It's the same thing i just said in your other thread. Pushing people to reply will probably get you a response you aren't looking for. Give it a rest

amfest
10-01-04, 08:36
yea better money payout in certain ares sounds nice .. . . I'd have to agree about vendors not being able to buy vehicle keys and such back . .hell . . any made items back :P ...only Yo's and for a crap price that isnt' worth it. But I doubt anything could save the economy now short a money wipe and some changes. But there would be screams of bloody murder if that happened. Although I think we need more reasons to spend money. (higher Levels) Cause once you get to a certain point .. it's rares .. and you don't exactly buy those . you hunt for them . . and while hunting you get junk to recycle ammo . or you acumlate more money to buy ammo . . . and replace armor sometimes. We Need gambling places dern it!! .. and basicaly you have to pay for tokens .. .which you don't trade back for money but nice items to have .. or RP fun material. .. oops i'm getting off topic :P

oh yeah .. and i guess you like the ind area :P . ..

stalked monkey
10-01-04, 08:57
1: @ Gotter: Sorry.. Im kind of an insomniac, I tend not to realize its so late when it is :( I get cranky sometimes

2: Amfest: Yes, I love the industrial areas and the Outzone. Their the most understated places in neocron IMHO. I just love to explore, and I dont get why people DONT explore then complain why the game is so boring.

3: jernau: Nobody I know buys from the ASG except noobs, and people that need a hovercraft right now and dont have time to wait for their current one to despawn (Hapened to me once)
So I dont think lowering the prices would do too much.

4: An idea I just had for a money sink is auto-pokers and auto-repairers... but pokers would have to charge on an **exponential**
scale. So noobs with low TL implants could get pokes really cheap, but people implanting MC5 chips are going to have to part with a pretty penny. Repairs, on the other hand, would be **linearly** tied to the tl of the item vs the amount to be repaired.... but be rather high, since noobs dont use one item for long enough to really wear out.

amfest
10-01-04, 09:22
auto tradeskill has been brought up before .. and it would be a blow to tradeskills that are kind of already a joke

Also . .guess what . . the prices for vhc have been lowered a bit already :D . . and if you sacrifice not buying new armor and such .. besides by the time you can kill a hurler somewhat okay .. you can get a good amount of money by selling back the imps and junk you get from it. .. and the junk stacks in gogu .. and the imps are very light .. and the advanced bones sell back nicely .. you'll be in business in no time for a vehicle . . .

slaughteruall
10-01-04, 09:40
Honestly this has to be one of the stupidest things i have ever heard. EVERY MMOG wants or tryies to get a player run economy. And you want to take that away and make people buy from the stores and not the players. VERY smart of you :rolleyes:

Slaughter

Syntax-Error
10-01-04, 13:07
Hmm nice money idea, leave the other ideas tho. Will even work towards getting less used areas used.

Oh and gotter lay off. the post was clearly posted a long time after the original and there was NO reason for you to be so god damn blunt. just give people a fucking break for once.

Gotterdammerung
10-01-04, 13:36
syntax, you should think before you post

Archeus
10-01-04, 15:19
Tax the rich.

In ratio to how much they have in the time it took. For example if someone has worked hard to get 10 million, a small tax fee (which goes towards Faction budget). For those that make ooh say 84 million in a day or so should be taxed up the wazoo so as to make that sort of process less profitable.

That will help.

Also Ops give bonus, but if you loose an op too quickly then you should recieve some kind of serious negative effects (loose lots of cash which goes to hostile Faction budget). This would mean people hacking ops would have to guard them for a set time (maybe a couple of days).

shardl0r
10-01-04, 15:24
Yes really syntax that isn't the smartest thing to do. Its generally a good rule of life to not piss off the management.
The threadstarter bumped and doubleposted in this thread. That breaks two forum rules. Now alright, he wanted to get some attention for his thread, but that doesn't justify his actions (and its not like this is the first time he's done it) hence the warning. The forum mods are always blunt and precise or else they get walked all over. Incessantly diplomatic moderating results in spammed boards. If the rules are broken I hope they don't "give people a fucking break". IMO they're doing a fine job.

Anyway on topic:

I quite like the money 'hotspots' idea as it were. Although there would have to be some sort of transition otherwise we'll just get new places cropping up. For instance CA/DoY advertises thier Hot Game of the Month and pay double for any elimination those creatures. On the flipside they also have a list of mobs taht are no longer a threat, to which you get half the money for. Or maybe do it in areas i.e.

CA Scouts indicate that creatures found in the Wormtunnels, Point red and around Jankins Lab are growing out of proportion, CA will be paying runners 3 times the NC for each kill in these areas until the problem has come under control.
On the bright side CA is happy to annouce that the creature threat found in the Graves and sectors J_01 through 03 are at an all time low. Subsequently CA will only be paying out a third of the NC for any kills in this sector.

I dunno this could maybe be delievered to runners through the neocronicle?

Leebzie
10-01-04, 15:26
Yea , make the rewards dynamic to keep people moving around to nice fresh area. Also , when we have a higher server population, looking into giving more reward for those prepared to go off to unusual/unused areas to bring life to them.

This information would probably be accessable on the citycom, maybe as a subjection of missions ? like 'Elimination' or something... where it gives the bonus/penalty for each type of mob/zone. This couldnt change 'too' fast, so they should only adjust every couple of days.

Archeus
10-01-04, 15:49
Originally posted by shardl0r
CA Scouts indicate that creatures found in the Wormtunnels, Point red and around Jankins Lab are growing out of proportion, CA will be paying runners 3 times the NC for each kill in these areas until the problem has come under control.

Heh, and I would post to TG that CA are attempting to mine a new drug from the worm tunnels and must be stopped at all cost. That would keep the juices flowing so to speak.