PDA

View Full Version : Increase the cost of turrets to boost the economy?

Blunt
10-01-04, 04:20
If turrets had a large increase in cost than it would create a higher demand for money, thus giving money more value. This would also make it harder for turrets to be mass produced, which would solve another problem. The bartering skill would be used more often, and may increase the tradeskiller population.

Price increases could even happen with other items or as time progresses. Aren't the prices for items the same as they were at the launch of retail? The amount of rares and money in the game is greater than it was a few years ago. Shouldn't cost of items in the game be adjusted to compensate? This way, money would never lose it's value.

Anyways, as for turrets, this would be one solution, to two problems.
Yes? or no?

Ryuben
10-01-04, 04:23
no one uses store bought turrets

they are @ 33 % or less (csted ones come out at 120% (?)

so it would mean a boost in the parts needed, which would nerf other stuff which would mean......illl let u take it from here

k thanks bye :o

Blunt
10-01-04, 04:29
Sorry I'm a noob. I didn't know they were just like weapons. I think something could be done to accomplish this, but it would not be as simple as changing prices.

[TgR]KILLER
10-01-04, 04:33
cst go to 120% just like anything else.. just found out my cst needs @ least an OP to make them nice qualty tho ;)

we'v just started to produce turrets ourselfs.. loads of bps parts chems barther cst ress. fuckloads of work

Dribble Joy
10-01-04, 04:35
money becomes more and more pointless as time progresses.

The only way money is ultimately obtained is via missions, killing mobs and owning ops.
So we have more and more entering circulation, and other than buying item parts and gel/grease/etc, none is going out.
We end up with a huge net in flow of money. so much so that, that it is of little use any more, and as we see now, the economy is driven by the good old barter system.

Flea
11-01-04, 08:04
buying ammo and drugs makes money go out.

Flea
11-01-04, 08:05
also when you lose all your cash due to bugs it goes out

Rade
11-01-04, 12:30
Originally posted by Ryuben
no one uses store bought turrets

they are @ 33 % or less (csted ones come out at 120% (?)

so it would mean a boost in the parts needed, which would nerf other stuff which would mean......illl let u take it from here

k thanks bye :o

Raising the cost would imply also raising the cost to construct
them. Duh.

XanX
11-01-04, 13:35
the easiest way is this, Clan money cap :/

Take all the clans with over 50mill and cap it at that.

At least then they will have to either keep it on them or loose it.

it sucks tho, I've been playing this game for ages, and all I have gotten out on all my chars is close to a million

But that isnt enough for the "7 million for a dev part" tossers.

Something needs to change, maybe change THE FRIGGIN RARE POOL!!!!

OMG IT IS WASNT SOO HUGE THE ECONOMY WOULDNT BE SCREWED!!

Carinth
11-01-04, 19:52
Turrets are expensive enough as it is, they die pretty fast wether it's an enemy attacking it, or a bug in the game. You can lose half of your turrets just trying to place the damn things.

Next patch will introduce player run stores. You get(i guess you buy them?) a store with a npc vendor and you can give the vendor items to sell. If people start filling up vendors with their items gathering dust in apartments, we should see at least some improvement in the economy. For instance I have a ton of melee rares that I don't care about. Every once in a while someone in my clan asks for one. If I had a store I'd offer up some of them for sale. Chances are someone in the community might like one. Maybe a new player or someone starting off again. While lookin at other stores, I might see something I would want. So money would start changing hands much more frequently, which is definitly a good thing.

Personaly I don't like money caps. They're completely artificial and ruin the atmosphere. They can be worked though, so they don't appear so silly. A cap should not be easily obtained. Part of what makes the money cap currently in place is that we're capable of making many times that number. 20mil? You could work yourself up to 100mil with some time and patience. Find a way to curb how much money we *make* not how much money we can have. If after that a cap is still necessary, at least give it a ingame reason to exist. Maybe the bank computer can not support that many digits, or having that much money will draw attention to you and have Reeza knocking on your door.

Rade
11-01-04, 19:55
Originally posted by Carinth
Next patch will introduce player run stores. You get(i guess you buy them?) a store with a npc vendor and you can give the vendor items to sell. If people start filling up vendors with their items gathering dust in apartments, we should see at least some improvement in the economy. For instance I have a ton of melee rares that I don't care about. Every once in a while someone in my clan asks for one. If I had a store I'd offer up some of them for sale. Chances are someone in the community might like one. Maybe a new player or someone starting off again. While lookin at other stores, I might see something I would want. So money would start changing hands much more frequently, which is definitly a good thing.

Not next patch, DoY. And IMO the problem lies in that there are
way to make stupid amounts of money way too fast. Those
needs to be eliminated before DoY so any new servers dont get a
fucked economy. And preferably all money should be wiped and
just let everyone keep 500k or so when its fixed.

Carinth
12-01-04, 00:59
Oopps, I thought for sure that was on the patch notes. Since it's not, I agree that something should be done before DOY.