PDA

View Full Version : With some ppl wanting para removed.....

MisterP
10-01-04, 03:39
...why dont they just carry anti-shock drugs! Like stamine boosters and PSI boosters etc? Instead of winging for nerfs..

It dont really matter what class you are, the game is still going down hill if you keep nerfing stuff, its just an easy short-term way out imo o_O

phunqe
10-01-04, 03:44
problem is... anti shock drugs and the like aren't stackable... it means that you take up a QB slot just for one dose. Ok, you take it, you get shocked again... And you have to mess in your inventory. You cannot use 4 QB slots just for anti shock drugs...

Therefore, make drugs in inventory assignable to hotkeys... or make them stack in 3's or 5's...

L0KI
10-01-04, 03:45
Originally posted by MisterP
...why dont they just carry anti-shock drugs! Like stamine boosters and PSI boosters etc? Instead of winging for nerfs..

It dont really matter what class you are, the game is still going down hill if you keep nerfing stuff, its just an easy short-term way out imo o_O

Nerfing classes, weapons is one thing...

Para is COMPLETELY different. Reasons to nerf para:

- It totally nullifies the character you have spent weeks/months/ a year(?) setting up, by stopping him/her dead in his/her tracks, for som no skills n00b to come an annihilate. The n00b then proceeds to "HAHAHAHAHAHAHA" the frozen in direct.

As it stands, if you want to be good at PvP, all you need is a PPU with freezer.

It should be:

If you want to be good at PvP, you have to spend months working on a perfect setup for your preffered class, so that he is viable againt all classes, INCULDING PPU.

The antishock drugs just dont cut it. If they were INSTANT, like psi boosters/Stam boosters, and came in sets of 4, then MAYBE, i would accept your proposal as viable. However, they dont, and i wont.

\\Fényx//
10-01-04, 03:51
Para fucks up alot of fun, its insta glue, my melee tank uses slot 0 for a stam booster 2, slot 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 for antistun and slot 1 for DG ... And I still spend most the OP war on my tank pissing around with my inv getting more stams in there.

PP lastnight I was on my APU, was me and 1 PPU vs about 8 ppl, no probs with that, took down alot of them, was a laugh, my PPU wasnt parashocking, told him not to cause it fucks up the fun, then wham, 1 jackass PPU comes along, hes BD and enemies with everyone that was fighting, starts parashocking the lot of us, then was even using parabarrel ... well fuck that, I just left, no fun atall ...

Psycho Killa
10-01-04, 03:51
Parashock is for lamers

I try to only parashock when neccesary.

g0rt
10-01-04, 04:17
Originally posted by Psycho Killa
Parashock is for lamers

well said

fps and shocks just doesn't work

Archeus
10-01-04, 04:26
Anti-shock drugs work wonders (as does damage blockers). Can't stack? TAB->Right click-Use->TAB. Get enough practise you can get this under a second and you will be back to normal long before any serious damage (unless you suck and can't take more then 1 seconds worth of damage).

Try playing a PPU, you get swapping out INV speeds a lot faster.

[TgR]KILLER
10-01-04, 04:27
sure give us a bigger belt so i can carry fuckloads of drugs and shit.. and they gotta nerf para.. never minded the para realy but now its so strong u can't do shit all when your dit.. u can better type set kill self would last longer..

Rade
10-01-04, 04:28
antishocks give drugflash, and standing still for even a little under
a second gets you killed if you are the target tanks or APUs, I
realise that being a PPU standing still for a second might not
sound like a big deal :rolleyes:

**edit: altho, they are fixing para with next patch and then I
dont have a problem with it.

Shadow Dancer
10-01-04, 04:34
Originally posted by Psycho Killa
Parashock is for lamers

You parashocked me in pp. :p

Btw, Rade is right. Standing still for even a sec or 2 can mean death. And it's usually longer if you're lagging or your FPS suck.

Archeus
10-01-04, 04:35
Originally posted by Rade
antishocks give drugflash, and standing still for even a little under
a second gets you killed if you are the target tanks or APUs,

Like I said. If you suck then you are probably going to die. If you can't survive that much damage in a second (with resists and whatnot) then maybe we don't need to nerf PEs afterall.

As for drugflash with them. Maybe I am somehow blessed or it could be a build up to an immunity to drugs (after taking all the desterol Forte in my youth) but the drugflash from para drugs is so short it isn't even noticable, and if your that upset you just pop any other drug and it removes it instantly.

I do Rhino drop attacks (drop out of Rhino, attack and enter). I am stationary for 1-2 seconds, longer with a spell running and I can get back into the Rhino alive. That is normally without any buffs running (as you can't buff when driving). I find it comical to believe that a PE/Tank couldn't take the same buffed or unbuffed (when a PPU unbuffed is very weak). An APU now would be a different story.

RayBob
10-01-04, 04:36
The drugs really need to stack. Nuff said.

phunqe
10-01-04, 04:39
Originally posted by Archeus
Try playing a PPU, you get swapping out INV speeds a lot faster.

I do not swap anything on my ppu really... other than buffing different classes then... if you have to swap your qb during a fight, then you have something in there wasting space ;)

Only thing would be to refill the psi booster slot under intense fights :D

EDIT: all if you weren't referring to the different combat/resist boosts that is :)

Rade
10-01-04, 04:44
Like I said. If you suck then you are probably going to die. If you can't survive that much damage in a second (with resists and whatnot) then maybe we don't need to nerf PEs afterall.

As for drugflash with them. Maybe I am somehow blessed or it could be a build up to an immunity to drugs (after taking all the desterol Forte in my youth) but the drugflash from para drugs is so short it isn't even noticable, and if your that upset you just pop any other drug and it removes it instantly.

I do Rhino drop attacks (drop out of Rhino, attack and enter). I am stationary for 1-2 seconds, longer with a spell running and I can get back into the Rhino alive. That is normally without any buffs running (as you can't buff when driving). I find it comical to believe that a PE/Tank couldn't take the same buffed or unbuffed (when a PPU unbuffed is very weak). An APU now would be a different story.

Of course I can survive one second if I am at full health and only
have say one APU or Tank shooting at me. And of course I wont
have a problem with drugflash if thats the first antidrug I have to
take or if I havent been stealthing. However, usually all of this
happens at once, you have stealthed twice, building up
drugflash, taken a antidrug or two, maybe an antidote which
gives alot of drugflash, and then a PPU shocks and DBs you,
suddenly you are the focus of everyone, crippled to fuck and
probably already damaged, the parashock is a deathsentence.
No other class has that power. Suddenly you go from being a
little worn down but still in combat and having fun to dead, if you
have a antishock in your QB then it might go in fast enough for
some sort of skill to matter but if you have to take another
second to dig in the inventory then the resident APUs or Tanks
will end you, and this is all really because of one spell, what the
other surrounding variables are doesnt really matter, as soon as
that parashock comes out when there have been a previous
battle of some sort you are going to be fucked.

But I say it again, after next patch I wont have a problem with
parashock. The new RoF and the old freeze and I think the spell
is fine and balanced against the antishock drugs.

Ryuben
10-01-04, 04:47
Originally posted by [TgR]KILLER
sure give us a bigger belt so i can carry fuckloads of drugs and shit.. and they gotta nerf para.. never minded the para realy but now its so strong u can't do shit all when your dit.. u can better type set kill self would last longer..

http://neocron2.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=85635

Archeus
10-01-04, 04:54
And of course I wont have a problem with drugflash if thats the first antidrug I have to take or if I havent been stealthing. However, usually all of this happens at once, you have stealthed twice, building up drugflash, taken a antidrug or two, maybe an antidote which gives alot of drugflash, and then a PPU shocks and DBs you,
suddenly you are the focus of everyone, crippled to fuck and
probably already damaged, the parashock is a deathsentence.

Prehaps your problem then is you shouldn't take stealth blockers so often? That is what you are doing? I am not sure what the drug flash is on them but Antidote/damage blockers/anti-para the flash is very small and really doesn't or last that long (these are the only 3 types in different strengths I carry)

Look, you and a lot of the other people whining for it's removal know full well the current glue effect on the low level spells is a problem and will be patched out? Tried Holy Para recently? Sucks up a ton of mana and takes forever to cast and 1 second later the person stuck can unstick themselves and you have a PPU drained and wasted a spell. In the time it takes a PPU to cast Holy Para the person who thinks they are about to be para'ed can run out of range of the spell if they can't handle popping drugs.

if you have to take another second to dig in the inventory then the resident APUs or Tanks will end you,

No digging. Put them in a set order in your inventory. It's what I do, and I can pop a couple various ones in a row fast.

Scikar
10-01-04, 05:01
If you stand still to pop a drug, then that gives a PPU a perfect chance to start casting a Holy Para on you. With the time it takes to cast it, it'll hit you just as the antishock takes effect.

Rade
10-01-04, 05:04
Prehaps your problem then is you shouldn't take stealth blockers so often? That is what you are doing? I am not sure what the drug flash is on them but Antidote/damage blockers/anti-para the flash is very small and really doesn't or last that long (these are the only 3 types in different strengths I carry)

Look, you and a lot of the other people whining for it's removal know full well the current glue effect on the low level spells is a problem and will be patched out? Tried Holy Para recently? Sucks up a ton of mana and takes forever to cast and 1 second later the person stuck can unstick themselves and you have a PPU drained and wasted a spell. In the time it takes a PPU to cast Holy Para the person who thinks they are about to be para'ed can run out of range of the spell if they can't handle popping drugs.

No digging. Put them in a set order in your inventory. It's what I do, and I can pop a couple various ones in a row fast.

"%#!¤%&/%&/%¤¤&

I AM NOT ADVOCATING FOR REMOVING PARASHOCK AND I NEVER
HAVE BEEN. I THINK IT WILL BE FINE AFTER PATCH.

Sheesh how many times do I have to say that. Also, Im not
talking about stealth blockers, using a stealth tool in itself builds
up drugflash.

Flea
10-01-04, 07:13
*hears SCHHHHHHH of guard flamer* *instinctivly tries to zone* BAREEEININGIGNIGNIGN of the para *is fucked*

Archeus
10-01-04, 16:19
Also, Im not talking about stealth blockers, using a stealth tool in itself builds up drugflash.

I have never gotten drug flash from a stealth tool ever. Or build up. Is this with the Stealth 3 or Obl? I have had nothing work 1-2 seconds after I come out of stealth but thats it.

Rade
10-01-04, 16:24
I had the most problem with this when I was using stealth 1, but
I still get it some times when alternating between stealth 1 and
2. Usually it will just give you a little corny vision and that really
matters but all drugflash builds up, so stealthing, antidrugs etc
together sometimes gets you really messed up, antishock isnt
that bad either but antiboost aint funny and antidote is down
right horrid.

**edit: You wont get it if you arent continually stealthing for a
while tho. Which you usually are when scouting or guerilla
fighting a large force waiting for backup.

ezza
10-01-04, 16:27
Originally posted by Flea
*hears SCHHHHHHH of guard flamer* *instinctivly tries to zone* BAREEEININGIGNIGNIGN of the para *is fucked*

i know that scenario all to well:mad:

Ghard
10-01-04, 17:07
make all the anti drugs last for a set time say 1st one 5 secs, 2nd 10, 3rd 20 secs, that way u take it b4 u go into battle and it will stop effects on you, however maby make it so that it doesent remove effects only blocks em so if your parad you shoulda taken the drug b4 it hit u.

and make the drugs like psi bosters n such with 3 charges each

t0tt3
10-01-04, 20:06
why stack the drugs just make shortcut keys for them.......