PDA

View Full Version : Appartment lift in the villages please.

Benjie
09-01-04, 17:50
I Seriously want an appartment lift to be put in the villages in the wastelands.

(See, heavypoker. You can suggest ideas without having to create two posts to fit it all on! :p )

Zanathos
09-01-04, 17:59
I definetly would like to be able to live in the scattered villages of neocron.

The main problem with that is that most villages only have a fraction of the total items in the game to buy.

so if you upped that number or spread out the items to other villages, then...... we could just walk to another village close by or something and buy the stuff we need.

:eek:

Benjie
09-01-04, 18:00
Originally posted by Zanathos
I definetly would like to be able to live in the scattered villages of neocron.

The main problem with that is that most villages only have a fraction of the total items in the game to buy.

Thats true, but the benefit of living in a village is it doesn't matter if you have low soulight or not.

Ascension
09-01-04, 18:07
Originally posted by Benjie
Thats true, but the benefit of living in a village is it doesn't matter if you have low soulight or not.

Why not talk about the re-inhabitants of the world after the dust of world war 3 has settled?

makes sense..

Marx
09-01-04, 18:14
onoz, people in the wastelands! (http://dirtynuke.net/people.doc)

As far as I know, this isn't going to be happening.

:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

Benjie
09-01-04, 18:19
Marx that link is useless.

Originally posted by Marx
I don't see why, the limitations of living in the village make it undesirable enough for everybody not to crowd in there. But oh well, if reakktor don't want to do it who am I to argue. :(

Ascension
09-01-04, 18:22
Originally posted by Marx
onoz, people in the wastelands! (http://dirtynuke.net/people.doc)

:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

Please sumerise.. ive just got in and cant be arsed 2 read it..

Marx
09-01-04, 18:23
They don't seem to want anything to do with the villages at the current.

=/

Maybe they want to totally overhaul them!

most likely not

Please sumerise.. ive just got in and cant be arsed 2 read it..

Wanted to make it so villages and all those abandoned yet modern places in the wastes serve a purpose.

Benjie
09-01-04, 18:31
Marx what part of that link suggests that reakktor don't want to add elevators in villages?

Marx
09-01-04, 18:34
Marx what part of that link suggests that reakktor don't want to add elevators in villages?

Nothing.

I submitted that many moons ago, as well as other ideas.

Other people submitted other ideas similar to mine and the apartment lift idea you're pushing.

I was told "We'll keep this in mind..." a polite way of saying 'no interest'.

They were told things along similar lines... Which tell me there's no interest among them at the current.

Jest
09-01-04, 18:35
Yah personally Id like the SL system to be revamped, but still allow a system for murderers. Then lessen the penalty for being red and letting those people live in the wastelands. Would be cool. :cool:

Benjie
09-01-04, 18:43
perhaps I should have made a poll.... Oh well.

Doc Holliday
09-01-04, 19:17
it would be cool to live of the land so to speak, be a scavenger or an outcast psi monk and simply never go to neocron. bit like that mutant family in judge dredd. cant remember the names of em now but that would be real cool to see

KramerTheWeird
09-01-04, 19:19
Centuri and I brought this up a while ago in some thread about making neocron more populated. It would be great if all the villages had at least one lift.

Benjie
09-01-04, 19:27
All great ideas.

Can anybody point out some bad points? If reakktor is sceptical about this idea then perhaps we can fix the problem by coming up with a sollution for the negative aspects.

greendonkeyuk
09-01-04, 19:32
who would live out in the wastelands? what factions i mean?

ANARCHY BREED!!!!!111oneone

edit: cant see any bad points.

Judge
09-01-04, 19:39
I would LOVE, LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE to see the wasteland villages have a lift each... it really would be, well uber to be honest.

-FN-
09-01-04, 19:45
omg I would so buy an apartment out in some random village and move the hell out of the city

5 stars :)

Judge
09-01-04, 19:52
With this and Marx's idea combined I would definitely move the fuck out of the city with some of my characters.

Benjie
09-01-04, 20:37
I would make a Pker character as an alt who lives in one of the villages, killing any city scum I see. I would own one of those red car thingy's to get armound and I would own a sniper rifle to make sure they can't run away, and of course a heavy duty pump gun to make a nice bloody mess close-up. I would probabally wear a kamikazi chip and I would be feared more than a Y-replicant by all.

The one thing that Ultima Online had that Neocron doesn't. A distinguished line between player killers, and normal citizens.

Heavyporker
09-01-04, 21:32
1 - where the hell would the apartments be in the villages?

2 - they're primitive, very sparsely populated, and small - bringing in apartments would not be conductive to their milieu

3 - there are, in essence, options for outcasts to live out in the wastelands - several villages already have either a gogo or gr in them or very close by, and there's the unquitbiutous wooden boxes and chairs as furniture. There's also nomad traders and street vendors/yo's in said villages. There's a point in them not having much to sell - read: pritmitive and limited resources.

Dribble Joy
09-01-04, 21:41
How about there is an entrance to an underground area (like the entrance at el farid) and there are lifts down there?

Judge
09-01-04, 21:41
Yes but people like a place to keep stuff safe... that and one other factor is what is stopping people populating the wastelands atm.

Also the appartments could be underground :)

EDIT: DJ.... wow thats scary :p

Heavyporker
09-01-04, 21:45
If the villages had the tech to dig underground and install all sorts of fancy stuff just so city-spoiled runners would come... why the brick and stone, why the adobe and wood, why the corrugated steel and wood?

Dribble Joy
09-01-04, 21:47
If we could literally buy a hut and place it near the villages, with a code to the door that would be file. But the game doesn't support that.

Benjie
09-01-04, 21:47
Originally posted by Heavyporker
1 - where the hell would the apartments be in the villages?

2 - they're primitive, very sparsely populated, and small - bringing in apartments would not be conductive to their milieu

3 - there are, in essence, options for outcasts to live out in the wastelands - several villages already have either a gogo or gr in them or very close by, and there's the unquitbiutous wooden boxes and chairs as furniture. There's also nomad traders and street vendors/yo's in said villages. There's a point in them not having much to sell - read: pritmitive and limited resources.
1: I suggest underground
2: I suggest that the story of bring them in is not the case. Replace it with "they have always been there, you just never new about it." Either that or fuck roleplay.
3: There is, in essence, an option for people to live in the villages, as there is, in essence, an option, for people, to live in plaza 1 krytens. There is, in essence, no essence, for people, currently, to live, in the villages.

There's also nomad traders and street vendors/yo's in said villages. There's a point in them not having much to sell - read: pritmitive and limited resources.
Don't change that.

Strych9
09-01-04, 21:49
Just have the apartments caves.

Surely Diamond Real Estate or Black Dragon is money hungry enough to move out into the native wastelands and impose their will, and start charging people money to live in a place that otherwise use to be free.

"Wow, you mutants have it nice out here. Peaceful and quiet. What? No security to your hovel? Let us help you. We will install some nice doors for you so you can protect your stew pots and old bags. We are sure you wont mind, in trade, that we sell some space to interested city-dwellers that need a retreat away from the ever-watching NCPD..."

It just makes sense.

EDIT:

And dont change the trader situation. If someone wants to "rough" it and live life out in the wastelands, they should have to make do with whatever happens to be nearby.

Benjie
09-01-04, 21:53
Originally posted by Heavyporker
If the villages had the tech to dig underground and install all sorts of fancy stuff just so city-spoiled runners would come... why the brick and stone, why the adobe and wood, why the corrugated steel and wood?
Heavy Porker have you been to el farid village recently? Could you tell me where it is? Is it underground? Yes it is isn't it? Yes it is! Whos a silly boy? Whos a silly boy? You are! Arn't you? Yes you are! Yes you are!

Strych9
09-01-04, 21:55
Sit Ubu Sit. Good dog.

Heavyporker
09-01-04, 21:56
El Farid Village.... is aboveground.

Go there again and see wtf you're talking about.

Dribble Joy
09-01-04, 22:00
Yes el farid is above ground, and the desert city is in the cave below.

Perhaps they could add a worm cave entrance in the side of the big dune to the north.
Inside you come into a room like one of the swamp cave rooms (I imagine it's rather wet down there, being next to an oasis.), the doors on the sides leading to a lift.?

Benjie
09-01-04, 22:04
stfu Heavy Porker, If you havn't noticed you are the only person in this thread who disagrees, and the only reason your giving is 'roleplay' I mean pulease! To be honest, I think your just trying to be the next Red Jacket.

btw I like you really, I'm just a bit miffed because I keep feeling the need to justify myself to you.

Dribble Joy
09-01-04, 22:05
and the only reason your giving is 'roleplay' I mean pulease!

Death to ye.

Benjie
09-01-04, 22:07
Originally posted by Dribble Joy
Death to ye.
Roleplay is one of those subjects where it can be written in after everybody decides whether or not it's a decent gameplay suggestion.

Dribble Joy
09-01-04, 22:10
What you meant by the comment was irrelevant.
What I was getting at is that that comment made you seem as if you didn't give a monkey's hairy buttcheak about RP.
And RP owns wrinkly left nut-sacks.

Heavyporker
09-01-04, 22:10
oh yes, lets forget that this game has a classifcation.

*pops the blue pill*

Dribble Joy
09-01-04, 22:13
Give and take on BOTH SIDES is needed.

Like my idea a few posts above, surely that can't be that bad.
Nomads/hermits are a cool idea, and having cheap and truely awefull apts outside the main watseland faction HQs is funky 2D MAX.

Benjie
09-01-04, 22:15
Originally posted by Dribble Joy
What you meant by the comment was irrelevant.
What I was getting at is that that comment made you seem as if you didn't give a monkey's hairy buttcheak about RP.
And RP owns wrinkly left nut-sacks.
I actually roleplay my character about 30% of the time. (and thats a lot for Neocron) I love roleplay, but there is no reason why roleplay should get in the way of a gameplay element.

At the end of the day the game that wins is the game that creates awesome gameplay then sticks in a poor story. The game that looses is the game that sticks in an amazing story and has poor gameplay.

When so many people have responed positively to this idea, why should a roleplay reason get in the way? Especially when a good roleplay reason can be implamented afterwards. More especially when this gameplay element can be used as an important roleplaying tool.

t0tt3
10-01-04, 03:35
Think this is a great idea.... 5 stars *****

I dont like the -17 SL and you drop 5 items... wtf
Isnt that you been kicked out from NC enough?

Neocron need sneaky killers that are out in the wastland randomly killing anything that moves like a outsider that hate anything what NC can come up with.

Let some of the runners get their homes outside NC, no not TH, MB or TG.

Give them some places out in the wasteland where they can hunt others down. Psycho killers will always live so why not have them in NC? Whit this ooh -17 u drop all your crazy cool shit aint a option for these killers.

Think that Stormbots should do some raids in each zone "nearby NC" and KoS anything that is red :D To protect their own citizens from killers.

Keep the SL thing ban them from NC fine but dont let them drop their whole set "ok done it twice killed capped tank and hey 2 CS :D" But that aint fair........

Benjie
10-01-04, 12:15
Has anybody ever played Ultima Online?

In UO being RED wasn't a bad thing. People chose to be red. They made RED characters and designed them to be PERMANTETLY red, they went around killing basiclly everybody. THey didn't live in the city, they lived outside in the forests. They had houses outside the city and they lived there.

That would suit Neocron sooooo well.

amfest
10-01-04, 13:07
they should just open up the anarchy breed apt lifts and have some AB npc sell them

Benjie
10-01-04, 13:11
Originally posted by amfest
they should just open up the anarchy breed apt lifts and have some AB npc sell them
where are they?

I'm Black Dragon I'm neutral with Anarchy Breed.

Archeus
10-01-04, 15:52
Has anybody ever played Ultima Online?

In UO being RED wasn't a bad thing. People chose to be red. They made RED characters and designed them to be PERMANTETLY red, they went around killing basiclly everybody. THey didn't live in the city, they lived outside in the forests. They had houses outside the city and they lived there.

Until they realised that Red players were having too much fun so changed the system to basically cripple any red player (worse then NC) and with griefers finding it better to take out red players.

I played in Bucc's Den on Fel and the majority of the asses were the so called good guys.

Ooh then some red players got real good, only I recall one guy killing over 20 people within an hour then teleported to jail and told he is to stop killing people or he would be banned (despite the person living with the penalty).