PDA

View Full Version : Parashock an exploit?

ghandisfury
09-01-04, 17:07
Ok, holy para was nerfed (thank god), but in the meantime the effect was greatly increased on all parashock spells. Now, KK has said this is a bug. KK has also said that taking advantage of a bug is an exploit. Parashock halo has 105 ROF and insane range PLUS it uses vey little mana.....all these girlies using parashock halo, are they exploiting? I say hell ya.

athon
09-01-04, 17:12
*points to latest test server patch notes*

Athon Solo

ghandisfury
09-01-04, 17:18
Yup, but it could take quite a while for this to come to retail...like the turrets in the UG something needs to be done/said about this now (imo).

Looks like some good changes too :-)

LTA
09-01-04, 17:22
I would say no....

You can't stop people using it... why would you use hp and risk losing it when you can cheaper and easier to slot cap halos... while it's there it's usable as annoying as it maybe but it's kk's fault.

besides would a ppu who couldnt use the higher one be exploiting if he was to glue you to the floor with it?

ghandisfury
09-01-04, 17:33
Originally posted by LTA
I would say no....

You can't stop people using it... why would you use hp and risk losing it when you can cheaper and easier to slot cap halos... while it's there it's usable as annoying as it maybe but it's kk's fault.

besides would a ppu who couldnt use the higher one be exploiting if he was to glue you to the floor with it?

Yes he would because if the effect was what it used to be it wouldn't be a problem (and he probably wouldn't waist his time on it). And all these other people who are using it now are using it *because of the bug*. If there was no bug I couldn't complain.

Lethys
09-01-04, 17:49
What ghandi is saying is:

If in one patch KK accidentally made every gun, spell, drone and melee weapon (including fists) too powerful, it would be an exploit to kill anything and we would all have to sit around having milk and cookies :rolleyes:

ghandisfury
09-01-04, 18:24
Originally posted by Lethys
What ghandi is saying is:

If in one patch KK accidentally made every gun, spell, drone and melee weapon (including fists) too powerful, it would be an exploit to kill anything and we would all have to sit around having milk and cookies :rolleyes:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

No, what I'm saying is that if KK made a SMG uzi 5 times more powerfull than a Liberator, and all the PEs got 5 slot SMGs and killed everybody, would it be an exploit? Hell yes it would be. They are using a weapon not previously even looked at because it's bugged. Why are all these PPUs using parahalo? Because it has just as much of an effect as holy para at 1/5th the mana and 50x the frequency.

Gestra
09-01-04, 18:26
It must be getting hard to think up new ways to nerf ppu's so lets just get them all banned for exploiting.

Oh and holy parashock halo has a rof cap of 35/min and 100 mana to cast it yeah thats such a tiny amount compared to the 150 holy para uses.

Judge
09-01-04, 18:30
I think its half a joke Gestra... and you know full well that KK wouldn't consider them exploiting... oh wait...

:p

slaughteruall
09-01-04, 20:14
Damn who let the kids into this game? Why does everything have to be a exploit and not a bug or a feature?

Slaughter

EDIT: oh yeah you were so close on your 105/min rof or should i say 35/min. And it has less range then the holy para before the nerf. How about you do some research before you bitch about something.

EDIT2: Damn i should read the entire thread before posting.

1/5th the mana Gestra got you there and since i dont know your math skills lets say it together 2/3 rds the cost.
and 50x the ROF well i think you've learned this one already.

athon
09-01-04, 20:28
It's not like a rare is uber powerful. It's the normal spells that are bugged. So what's the problem. Everyone does it, so how is it exploiting?

Exploiting is using the game engine or bugs in the game to gain an unfair advantage. If everyones doing it how can you have an unfair advantage?

I can understand it with the turrets. The defending clan gained an unfair advantage. As long as they didn't go out of the underground all the turrets down there remained theirs.

Athon Solo

Spectra260
09-01-04, 20:40
i say yes but thats just because i fucking hate it...especially the tl 43 one or whatever it is...sooooo annoying...

i can use it on my PPU monk, but i still dont because i hate it when its done to me...:rolleyes:

i dont see why they are waiting so long to fix such and important thing...

they KNOW its bugged, but yet its been how long and still no fix...i was gonna make a whole thread about this but i guess i wont now...

Furion
09-01-04, 20:47
im not even gonna post on this subject, its so stupid....

oh wait, i just did :eek:

ghandisfury
09-01-04, 20:49
Originally posted by Furion

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Actually I was more just causing hate and discontent on the entire parashock issue.......Some interesting emails were sent from help desk on another questionable action, and they said "an exploit is taking atvantage of a bug". So what do the mods say?

KimmyG
09-01-04, 21:00
Yes ban them and cut the server population in half.

Then in these explioters abcence we can watch everyone cry cause they have to GR out instead of getting rez'ed cause every PPU user is banned.

Birkoff
09-01-04, 21:10
Originally posted by Furion

What he said