PDA

View Full Version : Neocron with better graphics

Benjie
09-01-04, 15:17
It's not hard at all to improve the graphics potential of the tecktonics engine. I have a 2 ghz pc with 128mb G-Force 3, 512ddr Ram, and I play in 800-600 resolution, even though I get the same FPS in 1600-1024. What needs to be done to increase the graphics potential of the tecktonics engine? Simple. Implament a Font size option in the F11 options menu so I don't have to resort to low resolution just to read the damn text.

Please rate this thread. I give it 5 stars because it's got to be damn easy to do and would improve the graphics on high spec machines ten-fold.

*edit* Sorry for the slightly misleading thread title.*

Rieper
09-01-04, 15:21
god yes, scalable fonts would be cool.. but first KK have to code compatibility for all the graphgics cards.. right now i reckon NC puts the same amount of strain on my Ti4600 as Doom3 will

well.. doom 3 wont stress my Geforce, because im buying a Radeon 9800 Pro XT 256 MB.. GrApHiCsPwNt :p

Benjie
09-01-04, 15:23
Originally posted by Rieper
but first KK have to code compatibility for all the graphgics cards..
Are you kidding? That would take masses of new coding, it must take months to do something like that, and yes it would be much better than an increased font size.

But A font size must take, what? A day to implament? Hell I'm tired of shit res. I want it done in the next patch.

Rieper
09-01-04, 15:28
yeah, great, implement it, but it might stop working with the next driver for your card, and it might not work with any other card (the resolution, not scaleable text)

by all means, implement it, but i dont think it will make NC graphics better for everyone, just the people with a specific set of drivers and a specific card.

Benjie
09-01-04, 15:33
Thats kind of irelevent, rieper. I run Neocron perfect, as do a lot of other people who play. It's a shame about the incompatibility, yes. Maybe start a petition on another thread or something.

just the people with a specific set of drivers and a specific card.
Thats one hell of an exaduration. It's more like that for people who have compatability problems with Neocron.

Rieper
09-01-04, 15:36
a lot of people run Neocron decently for a modern game, but considering when it was coded we should be getting insane FPS.. not just decent.. there isnt a single person i know who can run Neocron without it eating up a ridiculous amount of memory. If it was fully compatible with modern graphics cards we'd be getting 60 FPS in the wastelands.. maybe 30-40 in op wars.

Benjie
09-01-04, 15:37
a lot of people run Neocron decently for a modern game, but considering when it was coded we should be getting insane FPS.. not just decent.. there isnt a single person i know who can run Neocron without it eating up a ridiculous amount of memory. If it was fully compatible with modern graphics cards we'd be getting 60 FPS in the wastelands.. maybe 30-40 in op wars.

Originally posted by Benjie
Thats kind of irelevent, rieper. I run Neocron perfect, as do a lot of other people who play. It's a shame about the incompatibility, yes. Maybe start a petition on another thread or something.

Rieper
09-01-04, 15:38
you get 30-40 FPS in op fights? Neocron doesnt eat up 100 mb of virtual memory in your task manager?

Benjie
09-01-04, 15:40
you get 30-40 FPS in op fights? Neocron doesnt eat up 100 mb of virtual memory in your task manager?
Rieper this thread isn't about Neocron compatability! Take it outside please.

Rieper
09-01-04, 15:44
You dont seem to understand.. whats the point of a font option when the only people who use it will be newbies who level in obscure dungeons with a specific card setup? now IF you could change neocrons resolution ingame rather than logging out, then having to restart neocron it wouldnt be so much of an issue but considering the vast majority of people want to pvp and it will kill their FPS running int hat resolution i think they should concentrate on more important issues.

Who cares if everything is really pretty if you have 3 FPS :rolleyes:

Benjie
09-01-04, 16:00
You dont seem to understand.. whats the point of a font option when the only people who use it will be newbies who level in obscure dungeons with a specific card setup? now IF you could change neocrons resolution ingame rather than logging out, then having to restart neocron it wouldnt be so much of an issue but considering the vast majority of people want to pvp and it will kill their FPS running int hat resolution i think they should concentrate on more important issues.

Who cares if everything is really pretty if you have 3 FPS :rolleyes:

Do you know that the reason most people get bad fps is because of the engine? Infact my fps is for the most part decent. When I up the graphics to 1600-1024 the fps is still for the most part decent. No difference. All the problems are engine based, and inreasing rez rarely has any effect.

Archeus
09-01-04, 16:22
You know you can customize your fonts already right?

L0KI
09-01-04, 16:30
Originally posted by Archeus

I didnt :D

Benjie
09-01-04, 16:47
OMG SEX HOWT???????? WHUT DO U DU???? TO GET TUH FONTS??????

Archeus
09-01-04, 16:51
in the fonts folder (under neocron) replace the fonts in there with the ones you want (only give the same name). I changed mine to a clearer font so I could read the text better.

Benjie
09-01-04, 16:54
in the fonts folder (under neocron) replace the fonts in there with the ones you want (only give the same name). I changed mine to a clearer font so I could read the text better.
I WUB JOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Could anybody explain to me exactly how I make all the fonts a few sizes bigger? I teh computerz nubb. Now wherz the any key???

El_MUERkO
09-01-04, 16:54
I run at 1600*1200 all the time, love the small size of the rpos, gives you more room to look beyond it.