PDA

View Full Version : Pluto no-parashocking proposal #2

MindMaze
09-01-04, 12:41
Ok, I've done this before about 6 months ago or so, and it didn't quite work, but maybe it will now. Ok to keep it short, why not make a little agreement on pluto to not use para? Seriously, why complain about it so much when it's in our power to not use it. Another alternative to this would be to make antishock pills come in "packs" of 4 like sta booster 2's.

Discuss.

Finl
09-01-04, 12:45
agree.

Drake6k
09-01-04, 12:48
I'm not a ppu but if it works I'd use it. Winning is everything :) and its the most fun aswell. It may be fun in a well setup fight but people fight low to win. There are many assholes on Pluto that I dont care how I kill, they just better die.

MindMaze
09-01-04, 12:48
Originally posted by Finl
agree.

Good shit.

Shadow Dancer
09-01-04, 12:51
Yes. And while we're at it let's all hold hands and bake cookie while telling stories of mischeivious little creatures in the night playing funny pranks on humans.

Then we can all dance and talk about each other's best qualities.

:rolleyes:

rofl, seriously. That's not gonna work. It's SOOOOO not gnna work. Some don't care, some will use whatever they want to win. ALOT will make the agreement then break it using some excuse "you outnumbered us" :rolleyes:. It ain't happenin.

And I doubt my enemy ppus will stop parashocking ME.

:p

MindMaze
09-01-04, 12:52
Umm... so you are saying that if you kill somebody who is parafucked you actually feel accomplishment, even if it is your hated enemy? I don't get it, this is an F P S, not a fucking static turret game. I'd rather kill my enemies using skill than kill them while they are para'd and feel nothing at all. Killing a para'd runner is absolutely NOT rewarding.

MindMaze
09-01-04, 12:54
Originally posted by Shadow Dancer
Yes. And while we're at it let's all hold hands and bake cookie while telling stories of mischeivious little creatures in the night playing funny pranks on humans.

:rolleyes:

rofl, seriously. That's not gonna work. It's SOOOOO not gnna work. Some don't care, some will use whatever they want to win. ALOT will make the agreement then break it using some excuse "you outnumbered us" :rolleyes:. It ain't happenin.

And I doubt my enemy ppus will stop parashocking ME.

:p

Umm, at least make an agreement between clans then.

Shadow Dancer
09-01-04, 12:56
Originally posted by MindMaze
Umm, at least make an agreement between clans then.

Like i said, it won't work. There's one enemy clan I have that has like 50 bajillion ppus who all love to paraspam. I SEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERIOUSLY doubt they would uphold their agreement, if they even agree to it at all.

A moment of anger, being outnumbered, seeing someone you hate, etc.... The agreement would last 5 seconds.

MindMaze
09-01-04, 12:59
Will you get out of my thread you pessimistic n00blet, thanks. How do you start saying all this negative shit when none of them have even posted yet.

Drake6k
09-01-04, 13:00
A moment of anger, being outnumbered, seeing someone you hate, etc.... The agreement would last 5 seconds.

word

Also it is rewarding to kill someone you hate and watch them get all pissed off, doesnt matter how its done. If someone can feel better than others (even if they play cheap) they will enjoy themselves more than if they play fair.

MindMaze
09-01-04, 13:03
How do you hate somebody in a game?

I don't agree at all. I can dislike somebody strongly, but if I kill him/her while he/she is para'd, I won't feel the slightest bit of accomplishment or joy. I'm not ruling out that there are more people like me on pluto. At least those people can make this agreement.

ezza
09-01-04, 13:10
its a nice idea, and be cool if everyone would do this but it wont happen cos theres always some lame PPU who just loves to para.

i mean they reach new hights of lameness with the para damage boost punch TS guards then watch my tank become toast:lol:

but anyway hope it all works out for you on pluto, i know it wouldnt on saturn though:rolleyes:

GT_Rince
09-01-04, 13:14
I partially agree... I don't think it would work for the simple reason, you see someone that has killed you time and time again, and you have a chance to get payback, you are NOT gonna be bothered how you manage that.

I wouldn't be bothered if Parashock was removed from the game in the slightest. I do agree that Parashock / kill however, is lame - but unless it's removed, it's not gonna happen.

You can see the scenario. PPU and team mate see an enemy getting away from them. No-one else is around. Parashock - kill. Enemy cries because no-one is supposed to be using it. The others say "I didn't use it". Your word against theirs. A clan mate is hardly gonna grass you up...

Besides, at this point, it IS a part of the game. If someone want's to use Parashock, they can. And there isn't a damn thing anyone can do about it, even if 99% agree and 1% don't. You can call them a lamer all you like - they got the kill they wanted at the end of the day.

Edited for bad punctuation... :D

MindMaze
09-01-04, 13:15
Like I said, it doesn't have to be EVERYBODY, but at least the decent pvpers on pluto should do this. Like today, a friendly tank and I were fighting a hybrid in pp. Was a lot of fun until the hybrid got parafucked, and we easily toasted him with flamers. I just don't get why anybody likes fighting in snail mode. Seriously, don't do to others what you don't want to be done to you. If you don't want para on you, then don't para others. Simple as that.

Drake6k
09-01-04, 13:17

Ever have someone steal from you? Or random pk you and your noob friends when you reroll (everyday)? Or say"OMG HAJHAHAAHAH I R GODz0rZ YOU GUYS SUCK !!!1"? Or....

You dont know how to hate people in this game?

If you play a mmorpg enough you start to form openions on players and think that a good number of them are bad people in real life. ;)

Archeus
09-01-04, 13:18
Paras pretty nerfed right now (once the bug is fixed). Anyone who's using the low level para to stun people might want to get used to changing thier tactics in advance before the chance comes.

I'd say the pack of 4 would be a good idea for blockers (all drugs) that way they could be QB items, but once the change comes in only holy para is going to be pretty useless.

Btw some players cannot be killed unless thier para'ed but hey I'm all for it (never really used it much anyway).

ezza
09-01-04, 13:20
i saw a tank getting in on the parashock fun other day:(

MindMaze
09-01-04, 13:25
Originally posted by Archeus
Paras pretty nerfed right now (once the bug is fixed). Anyone who's using the low level para to stun people might want to get used to changing thier tactics in advance before the chance comes.

I'd say the pack of 4 would be a good idea for blockers (all drugs) that way they could be QB items, but once the change comes in only holy para is going to be pretty useless.

Btw some players cannot be killed unless thier para'ed but hey I'm all for it (never really used it much anyway).

Not really man. There are certain clans with dedicated para-ppus. Para is not nearly nerfed enough to prevent paraspam. when it's just one ppu, I guess you're right, but when we are talking multiple ppus, nah uh. The effect of the old para was still devastating, btw.

Archeus
09-01-04, 14:03
Not really man. There are certain clans with dedicated para-ppus. Para is not nearly nerfed enough to prevent paraspam. when it's just one ppu, I guess you're right, but when we are talking multiple ppus, nah uh. The effect of the old para was still devastating, btw.

Multiple PPU's? You would need +3 PPUs firing in 1-2 second intervals after each other. Even then para drugs remove the effects 1 second later (or a little longer for 3 stacks). Even then you have basically 3 PPU's sitting on thier backside unable to do anything for a good 5-10 seconds. Can't heal thier friends.

Not really worth it. Better to hit the person with one para and keep doing that until they run out of drugs.

Problem is they can be machine gunned at the moment. That will change.

Delloda
09-01-04, 14:03
hate to be a pessimistic cunt but shad's is actually right. we've made agreements with clans before...usually lasts about 3 op fights before they break it.

MindMaze
09-01-04, 14:05
Originally posted by Delloda
hate to be a pessimistic cunt but shad's is actually right. we've made agreements with clans before...usually lasts about 3 op fights before they break it.

Where is the harm in trying again?

.Cyl0n
09-01-04, 14:43
good idea sexy :)

i tried that b4 with all the major clans... it didnt work tho =(
anyways i agree if NDA , BRFT , FF , SPIRIT , SILENT etc . agree too...
then i'm pretty sure i can get all of SS not to use para...

oh well maybe we should make a meeting about that =)

.cy

/€ lol cannings.. true that'll be a prob o_o

Candaman
09-01-04, 14:44
the harm is when a clan who's name rhymes with left left comes along and fucks the whole agreement

Sorontar
09-01-04, 15:34
How quickly do the PSI mods break ?

Because if ALL Researchers refuse to BP them , and ALL constructors refuse to make them for self preservation then shop bought mods will be the only ones in circulation eventually.

Won't this in effect reduce the mods effect because of reduced stats ?

Just a thought to broaden the approach , as it would eventually have to be community wide.

Furion
09-01-04, 15:39
Originally posted by .Cyl0n

i tried that b4 with all the major clans... it didnt work tho =(
anyways i agree if NDA , BRFT , FF , SPIRIT , SILENT etc . agree too...
then i'm pretty sure i can get all of SS not to use para...

oh well maybe we should make a meeting about that =)

.cy

dude, if i recall correctly we asked all of our main enemies for a no para agreement, but ur clan specifically said no, cuz "it is a weapon thats meant to be used" or something like that.

also i think its a nice idea, but theres always fucktards who like to break rules that will ruin it for everyone.....

El Barto
09-01-04, 15:39
Won't work at all, although would be nice to see some peopel do it but getting all PPUs on Pluto to do it :lol:

Vampire222
09-01-04, 16:14
how about kk with the next patch.... like they did with a le... (where the le's didnt work for a few days) remove the parashock effect for a while, thats give us a great idea on the pros and cons of removing it

deac
09-01-04, 16:38
Originally posted by Vampire222
how about kk with the next patch.... like they did with a le... (where the le's didnt work for a few days) remove the parashock effect for a while, thats give us a great idea on the pros and cons of removing it

problem is that it takes months for kk to patch anything....

wolfwood
09-01-04, 16:45
I like the idea, but people arent honest enough to be trusted to not use para. I say but the antishock drugs in groups of 4 ( like u said) but lower the time for the effect to work a little.

Shadow Dancer
09-01-04, 18:13

I don't agree at all. I can dislike somebody strongly, but if I kill him/her while he/she is para'd, I won't feel the slightest bit of accomplishment or joy. I'm not ruling out that there are more people like me on pluto. At least those people can make this agreement.

And you're aware their are people who DON"T feel the same right? *gasp*

Will you get out of my thread you pessimistic n00blet, thanks. How do you start saying all this negative shit when none of them have even posted yet.

Are you serious dude? So you only want nice positive cuddly opinions in your thread?

Why did you post this on a message board then if you didn't want all kinds of feedback? nib :p

Anyways, right now ppus can only para"spam" because the low level parashock is like holy paralysis. When a ppu uses the real holy paralysis on me, they can't really spam it.

Genty
09-01-04, 18:38
I'll always parashock aslong as it is ingame, anything that is gonna give my team some sort of advantage then I will try my best to help them out. Afterall, at less than 10 FPS in OP wars, this is NOT a FPS game, it is a MMORPG with FPS elements.

Furion
09-01-04, 18:48
Originally posted by Genty
this is NOT a FPS game, it is a MMORPG with FPS elements.

WTF U TALKING MAN!?!?!?11+1+1+1+!?? I TAUGT DIS WUZ CS 2!

Genty
09-01-04, 18:51
I don't get it, this is an F P S, not a fucking static turret game.

Just combating what was said in the quote above.....

-FN-
09-01-04, 20:09

I'm with SD on this one. I'm generally not one to flame a post, but damn, the ones like this make me twitch.

http://www.synergyxr.net/images/carebear.jpg

There are counters to Para. Use them. Or don't fight PPUs. Or bring a PPU with you. *shrug* a 'treaty' on a server like this would never work. You're asking everyone to go carebear with the *majority* of the people wouldn't want that.

MindMaze
09-01-04, 21:35
@shadow: It was a joke, you n00b. I guess you only understand jokes if they are accompanied with smilies these days.

@FN: Carebear? How the hell is making a spell that glues you to the ground and taking away every elment of skill there is in this game carebear? FFS you don't have to be in on the agreement, it could be only certain clans.

and lastly, a mandatory @ .cyl0n: you're a sexy beast :p

.Cyl0n
09-01-04, 21:44
Originally posted by Furion
dude, if i recall correctly we asked all of our main enemies for a no para agreement, but ur clan specifically said no, cuz "it is a weapon thats meant to be used" or something like that.

also i think its a nice idea, but theres always fucktards who like to break rules that will ruin it for everyone.....

yea i remember who said that... anyway the majority of us wanted and still wants to stop it...

oh well i dunno...

@EE sex ! :p

.cy