PDA

View Full Version : Anyone seen this?

Birkoff
09-01-04, 07:41
Bored to death of using my PPU atm... jsut can't be assed with it so been playing some1s Pe.. blah blah

BUT got this dam annoying bug.. 99% (no exageration) of the times i enter a hack screen it comes up with 1 hacks screen then about a second later it flicks to a different hackscreen. When ever it does this at the end of the hack, or when ever i hit escape it comes up with the error below and chucks me out of NC... as I'm sure u can belive this is dam annoying....and I'm getting tired of playign this char as well. I've reinstalled and it still does it.

Anyone help?

http://shatteredsun.com/NC/goddamfuckingbug.JPG

Benjie
09-01-04, 07:43
Have you tried re-installing Neocron? It's solved a problem for me in the past. (make sure you backup your patch folder first!;))

Birkoff
09-01-04, 07:45
Yea I've tried it.. as i said above :P

Still does it :(

Benjie
09-01-04, 07:51
Originally posted by Birkoff
Yea I've tried it.. as i said above :P
Oh sorry, I missed that bit.

Do you use ATI cards or Windows 2000?

Drake6k
09-01-04, 08:12
Make sure you have the latest video drivers.
Make sure Windows is updated completely.
Close all other programs before playing.
Try changing fancy graphics settings.

Birkoff
09-01-04, 08:20
I don't run an ati card no, i use XP prof

I don't trust MS update.. i don't like closing all programs

The thing is its never done this before :-/ I've played since last november and played quiet a few hacking characters.

Must be a better solution hehe

PaulVinten
09-01-04, 11:24
I don't trust MS update..

Translation: I've got a hacked version of XP pro like every other mofo here :)

I've got a full legal copy of windows XP Pro though, given to me by Microsoft themselves for free : ) Ahhh, the life of a student.

Candaman
09-01-04, 11:29
try going to microsoft.com and getting the C++ runtime drivers or summat like that

SynC_187
09-01-04, 11:39
Originally posted by Candaman
try going to microsoft.com and getting the C++ runtime drivers or summat like that

Erm... no.

However it you have C++ on your PC it becomes the default debugger. C++ will jump in earlier with abnormal program termination (almost pre-emptive). I've found it before where a program would crash, but once I changed the debugger it would struggle on.

Birkoff
09-01-04, 12:26
yeah once you install C++ it does that, usually you get the option to debug...

But thas not the point im sure its nothing to do with that ;-/

Drake6k
09-01-04, 12:51
I don't trust MS update.. i don't like closing all programs

That's just stupid. Makes a world of difference. As the other guy said I bet your xp is cracked :D. If your not willing to do the basics of fixing the problem then dont complain.

garyu69
09-01-04, 13:54
omg,

someone else has had the same thing as me.

I thought i was the only one to have seen this error.

It has only happened to me twice though.

I am running:

Win 2000 - Fully updated
GeForce FX 5600 256mb
AMD Athlon 1800
372 mb SDRAM
ZoneAlarm Firewall

but as i say it has only happened twice and there is no reason such as a system setting change i have done that would have caused it.

rob444
09-01-04, 14:03
I've seen that message alot of times, it's neocron :P

Birkoff
09-01-04, 21:11
reinstalled again.. updated XP.... reinstalled drivers and reinstalled direct X....

didn't do shit.. still happens