PDA

View Full Version : I heard...

hivemind
09-01-04, 07:04
...that when BDoY is released, there's gonna be new servers where everyone has to create a new BDoY account and new characters.

Any truth to that rumor? Or is it actually fact?

Sorry, a search for info on this returned waaaaay too much info for me to sort through...

\\Fényx//
09-01-04, 07:06
nah, MJS said all chars will remain, servers will remaina swell, as they are atm, and tbh I doubt they will add any new servers right away not atleast untill the populations go up tenfold ...

Richard Blade
09-01-04, 07:09
I have no static proof, but what I've read so far is that everyone's characters are going to be ok.
You have to buy the new "expansion" and then upgrade.
Same characters, same account.

I read that there could be a new server allowing players to start on a clean, non-economically f$cked up server.

If people who still have characters in a closed account, reopen that account before the release, then you keep your old characters. If you renew after, they are likely to be deleted.

That's it to the best of my recollection.

Regards,
RB

Edit: 3 minutes Fenyx. :D I must be getting slow.

Benjie
09-01-04, 07:46
There are a lot of 'rumors' regarding BDoY. Half of them arn't true. This one has no proof at all, I think it's also not true.

Spectra260
09-01-04, 07:48
read MJS's posts and youll find out most of the major rumours...

and BTW he said no to the character things

hivemind
09-01-04, 08:08
That's too bad. I don't know if I'm interested without a character wipe...

Original monk
09-01-04, 10:36
if they wipe our chars when doy comes then im outta here :)

i aint starting all over again because they wonna update the game lol :)

And indeed i doubt that they ever gonna reset our chars (or let us start from zero again with dOy) cause i think alot of people think the same way about this :)

about youre title .. people tell alot here :P i only believe what i see with my own eyes :)

deac
09-01-04, 10:53
new server new chars would be nice......

wouldnt even mind if they deleted all 4 of my maxed chars on pluto

Candaman
09-01-04, 11:31
i wouldn't mind if they deleted all 4 of his capped characters either

hivemind
09-01-04, 15:56
I gotta believe that in the long run a lot more business will come from new players who aren't driven off by the bored capped people. And as far as people quitting because of a character wipe, well... I don't believe it. And if a few people do leave, well, every organization occasionally needs to trim some deadwood. There would be a bigger net gain than loss.

Candaman
09-01-04, 16:05
who says capped equals bored i have 3 capped chars and i'm still having to peel myself off my computer screen to go to bed at 4 am each morning

Callash
09-01-04, 16:07
Yo Hivemind! :)

Benjie
09-01-04, 16:07
Originally posted by hivemind
I gotta believe that in the long run a lot more business will come from new players who aren't driven off by the bored capped people. And as far as people quitting because of a character wipe, well... I don't believe it. And if a few people do leave, well, every organization occasionally needs to trim some deadwood. There would be a bigger net gain than loss.
agreed.

GT_Rince
09-01-04, 16:12
Originally posted by Callash

No spamming this thread - take it to PM plz ;)

L0KI
09-01-04, 16:15
Originally posted by Callash

What he said :D

Wassup Mr Bonesteel, havent seen you for way too long!

Come back to Uranus and show all these nub PE's how to PvP Hivemind style ;)

Strych9
09-01-04, 16:15
Plus how long do you think it will take for the power gamers to get back to capped or near-capped status again?

Its not like wiping the chars will result in there being no uber chars for months or anything. Try days.

Its the knowledge of the game that gives people the REAL edge over noobs, not their characters.

I know I could start a new spy, with zero money, and have him constructing rares in maybe 2 days. Within that same period of time people can easily powerlevel just about any class to be able to hunt mobs that drop tech parts.

You would likely see the first constructed rares appearing within 4-5 days I think, depending on how efficient the trading took place.

Sure, the money reset would be nice, but if you are concerned about capped chars vs noobs, a char wipe wont change that.

deac
09-01-04, 16:18
true....

still 4-5 days is a bit low for maxing out a monks and getting decent ppu spells since you need to build 100s of shelters/heals and so on....

Strych9
09-01-04, 16:33
Agreed. I didnt say uber chars in 4-5 days. Just the existence of rares in 4-5 days.

Cause really, BECAUSE of the reset- you wont need your char to be today-uber in order to be after-reset-uber.

Even a no slotted CS would be a big deal on a new server.

So really... one could argue that a server wipe would lead to a greater inequality between vet and noob. At least now, noobs have TONS of resources to draw on (free stuff and money from vet players).

L0KI
09-01-04, 16:40
Anyone that knows what they are doing can completely cap:

Obviously, these are dependant on having your spells/weapons made by whomever makes a constructor :D

PE = 1 DAY (2 at most)
Tank = 1 week (cons 90 ish)
APU = (Psi cap again 5-7 days - INT - no chance!)
Spy = We might see dex base 90 spies within the week
PPU = if with an APU (which im SURE they will be!) could potentially cap psi in a week.

Problem is, APU/PPU combos will be EVERYWHERE!

Why? Because they simply dont need rares. A capped Energy Beam is MORE than enough to take down ANYONE.

Server wipe = The way to go baby. I would be GUTTED to lose my SA & DS, but would make the game truly fun.

deac
09-01-04, 16:42
yeh apu/ppu will rule again with one or two pistol pes.. using blacksun

Strych9
09-01-04, 16:44
Now, if you take out LOM pills AND do a char wipe... that would slow things up for some of the classes. Wouldnt affect tanks AT ALL. Spies... wouldnt slow them from levelling but it may change some tactics. PEs... dont think it would affect them much. But monks- most people I know level as APU then LOM to hybrid. I dont know if everyone does it that way or if some people start hybrid and stay hybrid the whole time.

If people do start hybrid and stay hybrid- my hat goes off to them. I started a monk as a hybdrid, and it UTTERLY sucked.

deac
09-01-04, 16:50
kinda sucks ass to lvl a ppu from scratch too....

hivemind
09-01-04, 18:01
But wouldn't it be FUN?

To me, I can't see the business downside for ReaKKtor. They might lose a few players to a wipe - and it really is a few, because most people who say they'd cancel are fulla crap - but they'd give all the hundreds of bored capped (or bored cancelled) people something to do for months. Sure, a few people would have main-stat capped chars in a week, but that's not everyone. Most people would need to play for months to get back to where they are now, even with all the game knowlege they have.

The wipe makes sense from a business standpoint. MMOs are all about keeping people playing.

Wipe it all - OPs, characters, clans, all of it. Make it a fresh new world for a fresh new game.

Strych9
09-01-04, 18:15
I am against the wipe.

This is a persistent universe, and we simply pay money for that persistence.

Would it be fun to start on a new server? Sure- and thats why I play on Saturn, and then am saving my Pluto slot for DOY.

Zanathos
09-01-04, 18:19
Well, I heared that BDoY will turn all copbots and stormbots into little elves that will SEX J00! on site o_O

dont believe in rumours unless its specific info that MJS has stated or any other ReaKKtor employee.

Judge
09-01-04, 18:20
A char wipe would only be bad for non-power levelers. For people like me who really don't like leveling that much it will fuck us completely. I know that I "could" cap me PE in two days... but there is no chance in hell that I will. Not a chance. For a start I can't play 24/7 because of little things like school and parents, secondly I cannot belive that anyone has the patience to stand there clicking for a day, because thats basically all PvM is in NC atm... well all the places to powerlevel are. If you go somewhere interesting like hunting firemobs or Hurlers in OZ then its not gonna level you as fast. Additionally you can cap in 2 days IF you have everything already laid out and have friends in high places with money, weapons and equipment for you to use as and when you need it so that you can level to the optimum level... oh and drugs, you need lots of drugs, and a PPU... they are helpfull too.

Basically I can't be arsed with any of that shit, so fuck it I would quit.

fatwreck
09-01-04, 18:49
they shoudl at least make a new server then, so the people who want to start over can. it really might not be a bad idea in the long run. fixing the f'ed up economys, starting polotics over again, give people something to do... but then again, 4 capped chars with every artifact rare they can use is hard to walk away from

hivemind
09-01-04, 18:54
Fatty my man, you're preaching to the choir. My PE has a Pain Easer and RoG all 120s and an SA, my Tank has every rare HW with 3+ slots, a herc, and an all-120% CS, and my Spy has every rare pistol in the game with 4 or 5 slots.

I'd let it all go happily if the game was fun again....

djskum
09-01-04, 19:02
Wiping of chars would probably force me to leave. I'm not a power gamer. I've had fun lvling my chars and not racing to be this or that. A brand new server would be cool, but I wouldn't be prepaired to lose everything I've worked for 1 year. It would just be sooooo boring having to do it all again!

DjSKum

Zanathos
09-01-04, 19:03
I dont mind remaking my characters if there is a wipe.

I started playing 4 months ago.

I have a 4 month old high level tank
I have an almost capped PE 2 months old
I have a high level 2 month old PPU
I have a mid level trade skiller 3 weeks old

I have a 3 month old high level PE on pluto

I have n00b chars on uranus

I dont care if there is a char wipe

Doc Holliday
09-01-04, 19:14
i would prefer no wipe, it would break me.

oh and in response to title header.

I heard........ u might scare us all and reactivate hive.... o_O

is this true?

it would be good to see ya back in fairness.

hivemind
09-01-04, 19:21
I will come back when monks are fixed (or removed). Failing that (as it's pretty unlikely) I'll probably reactivate when BDoY's released, play for a month to get everyone remembering me, then sell my acct on eBay. Hell, the Kira Wolf account just sold for $150. That looks pretty good to me, that's a lot of Vodka and poker money...

Doc Holliday
09-01-04, 19:25
ok man worth a pop. u wanna help me out with hives con set up on the sly then buddy. :) yeah it would be good to see u back even in brief. my mate bought kiras account. i hope he didnt lose the proceeds over one game...............

take it easy man.

doc