PDA

View Full Version : Has neocron turned into carebear'ocron???

Tupac
08-01-04, 19:34
with TH, PP1 gaurded with NPC's that are blataintly overpowered does any else think that this game for pker's is becoming less interesting?

Tratos
08-01-04, 19:35
No.

Basicly i think this will soon be changing.

~T

petek480
08-01-04, 19:36
Originally posted by Tupac
with TH, PP1 gaurded with NPC's that are blataintly overpowered does any else think that this game for pker's is becoming less interesting?
It's become boring for me. Theres like no where I can really go pking now.

Duder
08-01-04, 19:38
Wheres the post apocalyptic wastelands with player raiders raiding villages, Cities and bigger Wasteland settlements such as Tech Haven?

t0tt3
08-01-04, 19:40
Raid MB

Raid TG zones or something like Gab and S of it...
CRP or caves hey there are many places out in wasteland where you can peekaay

So dont come here and whine..

"but its huntingzones..."

Hey if they can pull out their LE and join a enemy clan they are KoS else offer us millions and we can agree about truce..

And noobs that dont want to join a clan or get pk LET THE LE STAY IN!!!!!! ffs O_o

lullysing
08-01-04, 19:43
[ edited for violation of the forum rules - flaming ] Summon your enemies to a fight in oz1, rules are that one gang goes from one side, the other comes from the other, and you'll be fighting in the middle of an abandoned shopping mall.

Plenty of places to hide, pleasantly of spaces for strategic redrawals, absolutly no fucking guards. it's just one fucking subway ride away, and you can shout insults to your opponents as they gather on their side of the tracks.

Once in the oz, only the oz rules apply.

Style
08-01-04, 19:49
safe slot and quickbelt makes da game no more exciting then an FPS.

Syntax-Error
08-01-04, 19:51
Maybe you should try some PvP and not just being a "1337" Pker

Judge
08-01-04, 19:52
Thats a cool idea. :)

08-01-04, 19:56
Passive SL gain got major boost making random Pking easier.

Jest
08-01-04, 19:57
Originally posted by petek480
It's become boring for me. Theres like no where I can really go pking now. Well gee maybe you could have come helped me in PP1 yesterday when I was fighting 6 people by myself. :mad:

REMUS
08-01-04, 20:02
did he say anything about fucking le's? outzone is a stupid place to pk, unless its an organised event, pk is random pvp isnt, for instance if you stay in pp you arnt waiting for a particualt person to come you just target kos clans and runners.

if you go to oz you will be waiting for some one specific to come becuase no one with a high rank goes to oz 1, 2... etc which takes the edge off it becuase you know exactly who you are fighting.

you are confuseing pvp and pk lully, tupac and pete where perfectly civil and showed no tint of arogance, yet you show utter distain for some one who plays the game differently.

[ edited for violation of the forum rules - flaming ] you cant take other people into consideration, you just have your way and that is it, people have different princibles and morals do not judge them by your own without takeing their perspective into consideration if you want to be taken seriously rather than adopting the "agressive carebear" approch to them. you cant box everyone in and tell them what to do they are free spirits and you can go fuck yourself if you think you can tell people what they cant and can do you jacked up egotistical fuck face.

now go shout at a wall and try to form an arguement without such predjudice.

t0tt3
08-01-04, 20:12
and that post was adressed to? :rolleyes:

Well I cant say its PvP to bash a 20/20 unclaned runner...
If I see a biotech unclaned I just goes infront of him and say boh get away I feal sorry for you hope you will find the right path, does his path chose a Bio clan then hes Kos "to bad"

Enemies are enemies nothing more or less

"thats like go to US and take all oil from texas and say hey me with the Rumba rumba gang from a desert country just wanna get some cash nothing more lets fight when I go back... KOS KOS KOS :p" :D :rolleyes: [sarcasm]

petek480
08-01-04, 20:16
Originally posted by Jest
Well gee maybe you could have come helped me in PP1 yesterday when I was fighting 6 people by myself. :mad:
Sorry, I was with alex walking half way across the map just to get to cycrow. What sucks even more is there wasn't even anyone at cycrow:(

Strych9
08-01-04, 20:16
PvP is fine. If you want huge fights against people that also want huge fights. no problem.

If you want to PK people, then perhaps its now a tad tougher than it has been in the past.

So if you want to fight people that want to fight, its still very easy to do that and fun. If you want to fight people that dont want to fight back... then I could care less.

Possessed
08-01-04, 20:20
Originally posted by Syntax-Error
Maybe you should try some PvP and not just being a "1337" Pker
[ edited for violation of the forum rules - flaming ]... most pkers are decent duelers and general pvpers too... the best people in each class are generally pkers, with a few exceptions ableit, but it still stands. Stop crying about being killed, not like anyone can touch you in TH now anyway...:rolleyes:

lullysing
08-01-04, 20:23
*cracks knuckles*

I have absolutly no respect for PKers, amongs other thing because the only thing they do excell at is PVPing while under a friendly PPU's buff, while attacking people that either have their backs turned or are in the mids of typing a sentence, and then zoning back to safety if things don't go well for them.

Then, if by any chance SOMEONE ELSE would be doing the exact same fucking thing to them, they will literally treat the other names like p***y, f*g or tell everyone they are carebear bitches.

I'm sorry, but the whole holyer than thou attitude is driving me nuts on these people, and their whining bring no sympathy. They will use every kind of low trick to get to their point, and then brag that they are the best or some other godamn bullshit.

I've known good PVPers. PKers generaly are not good pvpers, and in about 4/5 of the cases will abuse the "1337 trick of the week" to get ahead and to kill people.

So now they are whining because they actually have to roam around to kill people? Well then, MORE ROAMING AND LESS WHINING.

Possessed
08-01-04, 20:41
Originally posted by lullysing
*cracks knuckles*

I have absolutly no respect for PKers, amongs other thing because the only thing they do excell at is PVPing while under a friendly PPU's buff, while attacking people that either have their backs turned or are in the mids of typing a sentence, and then zoning back to safety if things don't go well for them.
Not all PKers use PPUs, though nowdays it can be considered necessary as if you kill a few people of a medium to large size clan, you will soon have everything but the kitchen sink after you, especially if its at an op owned by the clan. There is also something known as a local list, and unless its a pe or spy sniping, which are easy to avoid unless you really are a nub.... Also I remember that in beta and early retail, I never had such an adrenaline rush as when I saw the name of a well known pker in the local list... it made the game for my first few months of play tbh.

Then, if by any chance SOMEONE ELSE would be doing the exact same fucking thing to them, they will literally treat the other names like p***y, f*g or tell everyone they are carebear bitches.
Again, not every pker acts like this, stop generalising us, when I get killed, tbh I don't give a shit, I know that this is a pvp game, and if they kill me, they've won, kudos to them. Also, I will never drop anything woth more than a 5 slot shelter, which is easy enough to replace.

I'm sorry, but the whole holyer than thou attitude is driving me nuts on these people, and their whining bring no sympathy. They will use every kind of low trick to get to their point, and then brag that they are the best or some other godamn bullshit.

I've known good PVPers. PKers generaly are not good pvpers, and in about 4/5 of the cases will abuse the "1337 trick of the week" to get ahead and to kill people.
Most of the best pvpers that I've known pk... differing levels but most of them do, ofc there are exceptions, but there are exceptions to everything.... Also, I've seen far more large clans use cheap tactics than indivisual pkers... I myself and most ppl that I pk with have never even used tl 3 heal....

So now they are whining because they actually have to roam around to kill people? Well then, MORE ROAMING AND LESS WHINING.
WIth the current server pops... also, raids were fun, for both sides if they managed to get a team together

StrongSad
08-01-04, 20:42
@ t0tt3: Texas doesnt really have oil to steal, oyu may be thinking of Alaska.... o_O

Anyway, people who say PVP is down are nuts. I have seen 100x PVP in PP1 since the patch. Now people can run around with guns...and not get blasted by cops..

And that is not to say PP1 isnt the only pvp spot which has become more populated.

REMUS
08-01-04, 20:53
>*cracks knuckles*

Oh im quakeing in my boots j/k :p

>I have absolutly no respect for PKers, amongs other thing >because the only thing they do excell at is PVPing while under a >friendly PPU's buff, while attacking people that either have their >backs turned or are in the mids of typing a sentence, and then >zoning back to safety if things don't go well for them.

i think thats a little circumstantual, when you come running into pp1 you dont exactly have time to say "would you like to fight" its really the victims fault for chatting in an anarchy zone, also i know alot of pkers have ppu arse bandits following them around but some dont.

>Then, if by any chance SOMEONE ELSE would be doing the exact >same fucking thing to them, they will literally treat the other >names like p***y, f*g or tell everyone they are carebear bitches.

yet again depends on the person, not every pker is the same and not everyone conforms to your expectation of a pker.

>I'm sorry, but the whole holyer than thou attitude is driving me >nuts on these people, and their whining bring no sympathy. >They will use every kind of low trick to get to their point, and >then brag that they are the best or some other godamn bullshit.

i dont think he was whineing, i think he was complaining about the fact there are 120/120 guards which limits places where pkers can meet and fight. since pp1 is know to be a pk hot spot.

>I've known good PVPers. PKers generaly are not good pvpers, >and in about 4/5 of the cases will abuse the "1337 trick of the >week" to get ahead and to kill people.

i think your paranoid, i know of wankers exploiting rare barrels to pk le noobs hell ive even been the victim of it recently on saturn by zone seeks clan, but still its only 1 in 50 or maybe 1 in 100 people that will do that in nc.

>So now they are whining because they actually have to roam >around to kill people? Well then, MORE ROAMING AND LESS >WHINING.

NC is supposed to be an active pk game, hell mjs has even said it and thats why safe zones are being removed in NC DOY.

your attitude sucks lully in my humble opinion it sucks bad and its not good for the game, like i said take other people into consideration.

Although i wouldnt call myself a pker, there are some clans i simply hate, THSC, DS and SXR all are on an anytime anywhere any how kos list as well as ]T[ a CM clan, i organise fight night so people can fight in a non nf enviroment in relative safety of keeping their belt and gaining con xp :) i would call that pvp as well as op warfare.

i dont know what your definition of pk and pvp is but i know Tupac doesnt deserve a wank response like this that really doesnt say anything other than "i whine about pkers whineing" it has very little relivance to tupacs topic, infact it barely has any meaning.

EDIT: lol basically what possesed said i just took longer to type cuz im reading a magazine at the same time

08-01-04, 21:06
*cracks knuckles*

[ edited for violation of the forum rules - flaming ]

REMUS
08-01-04, 21:15
Originally posted by #151988
[ edited ]

lol priceless, nice one mate!

Mingerroo
08-01-04, 21:22
Me...

I PK for fun. I die as a result, I don't mind. Not being able to go certain places is cool... I like the thrill of being hunted really. The cool thing is that those I do PK and then get hunted by are all cool players and we treat it like it is... a GAME.

We have a laugh while they hunt me, it all adds to the RP. I don't think I'm 'uber' when i get a kill, it is just a laugh. I don't get pissed off when I get killed, cos I deserve it. Anyone who thinks that PKing should be made easy in my view is missing the point. I mean, if it was easy where would the challenge be?

Mingoo

joran420
08-01-04, 21:35
PK and PvP are teh same ..... I dont gank low lvls or unclanned runners...but im not gonna walk up to an enemy and go ho hum ya wanna fight? naw im gonna just start blasting away

Shadow Dancer
08-01-04, 21:37
Originally posted by joran420
PK and PvP are teh same ..... I dont gank low lvls or unclanned runners...but im not gonna walk up to an enemy and go ho hum ya wanna fight? naw im gonna just start blasting away

This pretty much sums up my thoughts as well.

ServeX
08-01-04, 21:38
its fun, but the real problem imo is the faction guards and turret problems. Faction guards = too high rank, too hard to kill. Turrets, just lame; like faction guards. and stealth dropping turrets is even lamer. and stun turrets. etc. oh and that reminds me about parashocks...

lullysing
08-01-04, 21:49
Originally posted by #151988
[ edited ]

You just proved my point.

Judge
08-01-04, 21:55
No he didn't. You have a completely biased and to be quite honest carebear view on the game you are also overgeneralising all pkers. It is a harsh game, just live with it.

lullysing
08-01-04, 22:05
Originally posted by REMUS
Your attitude sucks lully in my humble opinion it sucks bad and its not good for the game, like i said take other people into consideration.

Although i wouldnt call myself a pker, there are some clans i simply hate ( + a list ) [/B]

That's it : there's a difference between regular players which will inevitably pvp and maxxed idiots running around and killing anything that moves in an oz cellar thinking they are teh ub4r.

Fuck, ask anybody, i fight too. Some people piss me off and i'm in a zone i can pull my gun, i punk their asses if i can. If some punkass thinks he can hack that warbot i spent 5 clips soloing by myself he will find that I am not forgiving for warbie ninjas. I've been in op wars , and we are talking 2 hours PIMP vs The gang fight over simmons factory here and not some 3 person hack team battles.

There is a difference between that, and that punk that shot 4 stacks of poison on you and just zoned. Or of that Tank down there that will not fight you unless he has a number advantage or a PPU implanted permanently on his ass. Or that APU that will claim that aiming APU spells is harder that shooting with a pistol or a rifle ( and yes, i've had this argument with somebody saying i could aim too easely).

Vid Gamer
08-01-04, 22:05
I think BDoY will fix the carebear problem. :D

Judge
08-01-04, 22:06
Yeah, MJS has a new badass attitude :p

Yo ma biatch :)

Syntax-Error
08-01-04, 22:11
[ edited for violation of the forum rules - trolling ]

lullysing
08-01-04, 22:13
Originally posted by Judge
No he didn't. You have a completely biased and to be quite honest carebear view on the game you are also overgeneralising all pkers. It is a harsh game, just live with it.

So in other words, just because i believe that whining PK punks are pathetic that means i'm a carebear, that's it? Incredible.

P.S. I am for the removal of safezones as per the martin plan. Finally we'll be able to chase them wherever they go. Finally we will be able to hunt the cowards .

petek480
08-01-04, 22:20
So in other words, just because i believe that whining PK punks are pathetic that means i'm a carebear, that's it? Incredible.

P.S. I am for the removal of safezones as per the martin plan. Finally we'll be able to chase them wherever they go. Finally we will be able to hunt the cowards .
[ edited for violation of the forum rules - trolling ]

Judge
08-01-04, 22:20
No you thinking that every PKer is a whining arsewipe is a bias opinion. If every pker is that you you appear to be against anything except Duelling, that is carebear (not that duelling is carebear in itself).

Possessed
08-01-04, 22:21
[ edited ]
I could say the same about most rpers that I've met... sure be all rp and so until something doesn't go your way then go crying to someone as your perfect little world has been destroyed...:rolleyes:

lullysing
08-01-04, 22:30
Originally posted by Possessed
I could say the same about most rpers that I've met... sure be all rp and so until something doesn't go your way then go crying to someone as your perfect little world has been destroyed...:rolleyes:

No, the NC version is RP all you want until you tire of the punkasses going "sex sex sex sex sex" and then pull a gun to implode their fucking asses.

lullysing
08-01-04, 22:31
oh wait, he's a crackhead, now i know what's his malfunction.

superfresh
08-01-04, 22:36
"Carebear" and "PK'r" are both loaded terms. "Carebear" assumes there's something wrong with the time spent not fighting other players. "PK" assumes theres something wrong with the time that is.

As of now there are places in NC to be "PK'rs" or "Carebear". Places where you can safely kill other players and areas where you can't. Does it matter that there are both?

Mingerroo
08-01-04, 22:39
P.S.I am totally for PKers, just not those newb gankers who take a 2 star tank to the aggie cellars and 'pwn' twelve or thirteen 1 stripes, then proceed to stand around in P2 gloating on their 'success' and how they'll take 'anyone'.

Although I haven't see one of them since the late beta/early retail days. Some guy did that and then stood around saying "I FITE 4 FR33DOM" or something o_O

Mingoo

Judge
08-01-04, 22:41
The reason why I was generalising him as a carebear, when in all truth he may not was to show him how annoying it is when people generalise a large group of people into terms.

Syntax-Error
08-01-04, 22:46
Originally posted by Possessed

[ edited for violation of the forum rules - flaming ]

Alex The Great
08-01-04, 22:49
Hes Right Tho Most Roleplayers are Fucking pricks when things don't go there way. More so Then Pkars.

VetteroX
08-01-04, 22:50
Yes, this game is getting way more carebear, and it sucks. I cant raid TH anymore, cant raid inside mb, ( a little but not like it once was) and cant raid TG, i can raid the outside with a ppu to defend me from guards but thats it. The game isnt anywhere near as fun as it once was now. This is a pvp game and it should be up to people to defend their bases, not 120/120 npcs. The le also drives me nuts, I can name 10 people who now wear an LE because of me. My problem is, they shoulnt have the option to waer that LE... this is a PvP game, their options should be learn to fight back against me, or die. But yeah this game IS getting more and more carebear... and less and less fun.

seratoz
08-01-04, 22:53
Well said Mingeroo/Mingoo. Pking is fine and I feel it should be allowed anywhere, however the assholes that are level **/40 and kill 0/5 nubs are just idiots. When i first started I didnt mind getting pked by someone CLOSE TO MY LEVEL. However there were people like KAYNE :-) on pluto who would kill me when i was 0/14 and he was UBER. ***that pisses me off*** Its going to happen, and I dont care anymore. However once i get high enough I plan to face off with all those who pked me fairly (not out of anger). Just for a true test of skill, I love pitting my skill against others.
There just needs to be some level of honor in the game -->gank people near your level.<--

Cheers!!

08-01-04, 22:55

No, he just thinks you're a twat cause you say all PKers are assholes who think they are "uber" cause they kill all. Did you ever think that some people just like playing that way and that it has nothing to do with ego?

Possessed
08-01-04, 23:09
[ edited ]
Funny, I could say the same about your attitude... I don't care about rpers and so, let them do what they want, but what I hate is when rpers start crying because people kill them, if you're a rper then you should rp all situations, unless someone starts calling you racist remarks and so. I've been called names and sworn at by rpers far more than other pkers and just the general population of NC....
[EDIT] Look who was the first party to call someone a name... the PKers? I think not. :rolleyes:

Nidhogg
08-01-04, 23:14
I'm not going to spend any more time editing this thread - next flame kills it.

N

Mattimeo
09-01-04, 01:10
Originally posted by VetteroX
Yes, this game is getting way more carebear, and it sucks. I cant raid TH anymore, cant raid inside mb, ( a little but not like it once was) and cant raid TG, i can raid the outside with a ppu to defend me from guards but thats it. The game isnt anywhere near as fun as it once was now. This is a pvp game and it should be up to people to defend their bases, not 120/120 npcs. The le also drives me nuts, I can name 10 people who now wear an LE because of me. My problem is, they shoulnt have the option to waer that LE... this is a PvP game, their options should be learn to fight back against me, or die. But yeah this game IS getting more and more carebear... and less and less fun.

To be honest, I don;t know why they aded the guards either. I'm very Anti-PK. But to be honest i think the guards were a step the wrong way, people in this game have the right to PK.

However, that being said I must strongly disagree with you on the LE issue. I think the LE should be your opt-out of PvP. I should not be forced to PvP if I don't want to, no matter what.

With the LE doing it's job, the guards are not needed. Let people play any style they want (yes even the PKer, no matter how much i dislike them).

joran420
09-01-04, 01:20
yeah the LE is great for those that dont want to PK ....I think PP guards should be removed...and TH turrets just drop their respawn time (currently 2 min 5 secs) to about 15 mins and that would allow TH raids at the same time giving plenty of time for tradeskillers and non PvP folks to get out and the PK team to come in

my 2 nc

Siygess
09-01-04, 01:40
Guys, guys, guys! What is the problem with you all? I've seen you all give well thought out arguments in the past, and often you've had valid points (even you Vet ;)).. but as soon as terms like "Carebear" and "PK'er" get thrown around, the handbags come out and everyone gets a little crazy.

I know none of you want to see a good game ruined, but believe it or not, this game is never going to turn in to the Sims, nor is it going to turn into *cough Planetside cough*.. it's always going to be somewhere in the middle. I think we're going to see plenty of changes in the future that will repeatedly swing it in favour of one game style or another, and we're going to have to like it or lump it. You may not agree with that statement, but lets face it, it's not in KK's interests to solely accommodate one camp or the other - that’s just going to alienate the other camp and cost them a lot of subscribers.

Instead, I suspect they'll try and target the "average" player, regardless of what we might think of that as a business strategy.
If that doesn't cater to the requirements of the extreme "Carebears" or "PK'ers" then that's too bad.. especially if it does turn out to mean more subscribers in the long run.

While I'm on the subjects, that's another thing this community needs to understand (and I apologise if I'm preaching to the choir).. Name calling.

Categorising each other makes us feel better about being in the group we've decided to put ourselves in, but it breeds hate and contempt for those who are different. Now I'm not saying this is something unique to this community - indeed as a race, us pesky humans have been doing this since day one.. nor am I suggesting that we should take what some of you might call the (dare I say "Carebear") approach and all hold hands, sing a few songs etc.. but for the sake of this game, it's about time everyone started to act a little more mature and even tempered about this. It is my opinion that the face this community presents to potential newcomers is far more damaging to the future of the game than anything KK has done.. and since we all still like this game, is it really too much to ask to sort our shit out for the sake of it?

Ahem. Now, I'll step down from my soapbox and try to steer my post back on course - In answer to the original question, I'd say - compared to what? To beta and the early days of retail?

If so, I'd say the answer is a firm yes. Restrictions have been applied and consequences have been implemented - some good, some bad, but all have impeded on the players ability to kill whoever they want, whenever they want. But what you need to look at is the big picture.. lets say total freedom to kill gets a score of 100, and a 3D chat room with nothing more savage than an "ignore" command gets a score of 0. I'd say in the early days, this game might have scored a 90, but now it's dropped to about 75. It's not the same game anymore, but it's not quite the drastic change that it might feel like at first. You'll get used to it, trust me.

Well, that’s it for me.. /rant off and all that.. But before I go, I'll leave you with something to contemplate.

"Warning! Game experience may change during online play."

joran420
09-01-04, 02:19
Im a peekayar Carebear :)

.Cyl0n
09-01-04, 02:37
Yes, this game is getting way more carebear, and it sucks. I cant raid TH anymore, cant raid inside mb, ( a little but not like it once was) and cant raid TG, i can raid the outside with a ppu to defend me from guards but thats it. The game isnt anywhere near as fun as it once was now. This is a pvp game and it should be up to people to defend their bases, not 120/120 npcs. ..... But yeah this game IS getting more and more carebear... and less and less fun.

i 100 % agree vet!

.cy

Style
09-01-04, 03:10
dont u understand? where does comparing platetside to neocron come into this? allow me to elaborate.

what me, and other people i assume is talking about here is the PVP of neocron, we are not discussing content. and what i is trying to say pvp is the same as an fps but with skillpoints, to change your style. but since combat speichilization came into it it made every class with only a choice of 2 different things u can do. where as combat speichilization was not here u was able to have PEs with a cannon, or be able to construct at same time as kill. just like any local blacksmith most probally could shoot someone down. which made this less rp and more fps like where things are limited.

and further on. pvp u fight, u die and drop your quickbelt with nothing more then a peice of armor init or if your very, very, very lucky you might get a rare or something decent.

you shoot an enemy faction they die, u gain nothing. resemblance to counter strike here? yes. resemblance to planetside? yes. bcuz, now here me out here ite, planetside u kill someone and u have access to their loot, but u get stuff back at your base for free, so its nothing speichal the loot there.

you kill an allied faction u loose sl. in planetside u kill an ally u loose some kind of points, i cant remember what but its the same.

now, let me get to that point. so u have understood me clearly instead of trying to clock what i say so i have to explain like dis.

neocron is more like planetside or any other fps with current rules then neocron was when there was no sl rule in aggies, cellers, undergrounds, caves. or with no safe slot or quickbelt. the game was original because no other game with a fps style pvp system has these rules. neocron was da only 3d fps style pvp game that had pk friendly rules.

so any of you saying to go play planetside, cs or any opther fps do not because i have probally explained on behalf of so many people who used/does play neocron.

Jake Cutter
09-01-04, 05:51
@Siygess: Well said.

@Style: I agree with you on specialisation, it did kill a lot of variety and fun.

You know what...some of the responses in this thread pissed me off so much, I was going to go off on a rant.

So, I will spare Nid the trouble of editing my post, and just keep it to myself.

Regards to some, contempt to others,
Jake Cutter

Richard Blade
09-01-04, 06:05
Neocron hasn't become too carebear.
It's become 'customer friendly'.
The guards are too strong. They've said that, and will fix them.

Neocrons population is too small to support the number of players that cap in two days and decide to start killing everyone.
With such a small population, you get the same people getting killed by the same killers over and over. That could technically resemble greifing if it happens enough. Because there aren't enough players to spread out the statistics called victims.

Neocron had to be made to cater to the victims.

I wonder how many newbies came to Saturn got leveling help and made it high enough to 'think' they could survive without the LE, just to have a killer come around the corner and whack them.
'stfu noob, put your LE in.' If they didn't put their LE in, they probably quit.
Neocron has a fairly high learning curve and to be constantly killed during your one hour of play a night, gets pretty frustrating.

We need more players for such a high percentage of killers to be running around.
Since we don't have that player base yet, people are putting their LE's in. And, yes, some might even do it because they know it pisses certain killers off. It may be their only form of retribution since they might not be able to confront the killer in a fair fight. That's just not the killers way.

I remember when Hate was a massive killing clan on Saturn near the beginning of retail in the US.
The were a PK clan before their time. Many people complained about them because of the rampant killing sprees. Heh, some of the current killers look like nOObs when you compare their exploits.(not exploiting, but tales of trouble that they caused. :D
I complained to KK about it. My main complaint was that whenever a certain PE came into my local list, I would crash, fatal, or just plain dump to desktop. When I logged back in, I'd be flat on my back. Damn, I lost more medpacks that way.
It wouldn't have been so bad, nor would I have complained, if it hadn't happened everytime I went out to level somewhere. Even places that were supposed to be unknown, nobody there in weeks, etc. He'd show up, I'd crash, lose a medpack.
If we had more players, my character wouldn't have died so much, and to be frank, the crashing was pissing me off more than the dieing. But, that PE was the one who caused it all. I can't say I miss him, but.. maybe I do. Just a little.

If you read all that, my point is that we need more players to support so many people who play with the 'kill everyone' style of play. Otherwise, the population demographics will continue to see a rise of high level LE users, and less lowbies. Maybe even a decline in new players if we get a bad reputation.

I place my hopes in NC:BDoY to help raise the population through advertising, and to make the game play a little better with the loss of the safe zones.

Regards,
RB

metalangel
09-01-04, 12:38
Be glad NC isn't Planetside, and not just because one month of Planetside buys you three of NC :D

Planetside is TERRIBLE! You complain about weapons being nerfed, well, in Planetside, they all are! You spend ages getting points to get yourself the Gauss Rifle (for example, the NC's special rifle, the special rifle of the clan who specializes in the hardest hitting weapons) and find that its bullets bounce off the enemy like raisins off an Oldsmobile (and that's assuming you even hit, given the cone of fire sprays everywhere)

Planetside is terrible because they've tried too hard to appeal to everyone, and as a result, skill has little impact, everything's coated in nerf so the mass market idiots won't find the game too challenging.

I remember HATE, the vitriol stirred by HATE on Saturn was unimaginable, wouldn't it be funny to show them what would happen in a year's time?

The LE is the solution, and it works. Killed? Pity, but you took your LE out. Annoyed? Well, go hunt the fucker who got you :angel:

BiTeMe
09-01-04, 15:07
Exactly metalangel. I was playing Saturn at the beginning of retail and the likes of H.A.T.E. and the Knox clan would really liven things up. Sure you would die a few times and loose your weapons but because no one had any rares it didn't matter.
Now a year on we have a safe slot so our rare weapons are protected and there are still a few PK'ers around, but no clans. This game has taken a swing against PK'ers but IMHO it's much more fun with them in even if you do die occasionaly.
I remember gathering some people and we would go and hunt the PK'ers. I don't agree with PK'ing n00bs or PK'ing people who are hunting (walking half way across the map because of the new GR rules only to have to do it again when shot in the back by someone when you are at 50% health...) but everyone else is fair game.

Strych9
09-01-04, 15:51
I put the responsibility for Neocron becoming "carebearish" squarely on the shoulders of the PKer crowd.

Why?

Because it comes down to a lack of respect.

We know this game is a PvP game. We know this game is all about combat, or the support of combat. But that does not mean that you can reasonably expect to run around and kill everyone in sight... AND... have them like it and continue to be a target.

Vett, did you REALLY expect people to just keep coming back and let you kill them over and over? Are you REALLY suprised that people put in a LE so they are able to actually PLAY the game they are paying for, rather than spend most of their time looking for pokes and trying to recover items from their belts?

In a sense, I think that PKers like that are maybe even better role players than the RP folks. Why? Because it SEEMS that the PKers think that because they can kill others in the game, that they have some sort of special status. In real life if you are powerful you do get special status, and the weak suffer in real life. So, its like the PKers think that because people are weak in game, its fine that they suffer.

Its not.

The fact is that in this game, we are all equal citizens in the fact that we all pay the same to play it. As such, KK has an obligation to two things:

1. Their vision of the game
2. What the customer wants

Now #1 is up to them.

#2 is based on what people say and do. And #2 is where PKers get hurt the most. And thats because of a lack of respect for other players.

I know of two different players in Neocron that have played forever. Like everyone else in our group, they always used to yank their LE first thing when starting a new char, and never look back. Recently however, and for the first time ever, they actually put their LE back in. Thats because of random PKers just running around and killing people, enemy or not, at hunting grounds.

Should there even BE an LE in Neocron? Wouldn't bother me one bit if it was removed. But as long as there IS a LE, the ONLY thing that drives people to use it is random PKing. Now you as a PKer have to ask yourself whats more important- fighting people that dont want to fight you and encouraging the use of the LE, or fighting people that do want to fight you and not giving more people a reason to have their LE in.

Hell, EVERY TIME a player comes into the forum and asks about random killing, you know what the PKers tell that person to do? Quit or put their LE in. And you wonder why you see players using the LE. Durrrrr.

Now I too am looking forward to safezone removal. Thate because its never the carebears that beat their chest about how bad they are and then run to a safezone to heal and get tradeskill work... its the PvPers that do that. So it will be interesting to see how big and bad people still are when they lose that option (just like I want to see how some of the well known PKers would act on a server without a safeslot to protect their rares).

And all of this whining about turrets and faction guards being too hard sounds awfully carebearish as well. Awwww, poor Vet gets killed now when he raids MB. :rolleyes:

Duder
09-01-04, 16:33
Now im really deciding between who has the biggest ego, as we got our 3 sterotypes here, the "im more righteous then thou because" person, the "I have more skill then you so bugger off" and the "I hate you all 1337 pkers, you fucking ruin my precious little roleplay by shooting me without asking".

Lullysing with his "IM NOT A PKER THEREFORE I AM ALOT BETTER THEN YOU ALL BECAUSE I ASK PEOPLE POLITLY IF I COULD KICK THEIR TEETH IN AND SHOVE A FLARE UP HIS/HER (LOLOLLOL HER) RECTUM AND I AM LIKE THE SEXY ROGUE TYPE THAT HIS HONORABLE TO THE DEATH AND I NEVER DO DIRTY TRICKS AND THATS WHY YOU SHOULDNT DO IT TOO BLAH BLAH BLAH"

Or Vet with his "STFU JUST PUT YOUR LE IN IF YOU DONT WANT TO BE PKED" and then one month later "ITS HARD PKING PEOPLE NOWADAYS BECAUSE PEOPLE PUT THEIR LE CHIPS IN, REMOVE LE CHIPS PLZ, OH AND ALSO MY PE SETUP IS INVINCIBLE IM NOT TELLING NA NANA NA NA"

Or our little righteous RP Troll Syntax-Error with his "WAA WAA WAA WHY CANT EVERYONE GET ALONG AND STOP FIGHTING WHEN IM READING OF THIS SCRIPT ON HOW WE DARINGLY TAKE QUESTS FOR JOSEPH STALIN AND HEAD FOR GRAND SCRIPTED ADVENTURE ALSO WE MUST ROLEPLAY EVERYDAY AND THE WORD PK IS A BAD WORD AND MEANS YOU ARE STUPID BECAUSE PKERS RUIN MY ROLEPLAY SESSIONS WHEN IM RUNNING ABOUT AND MY SCRIPT DOESNT SAY ABOUT A RUTHLESS THUG TRYING TO KILL ME SO STOP AND PLAY ALONG OK? IF YOU CONTINUE I HAVE NO CHOICE THEN TO STOP RPING AND GO TELL ON YOU AND CALL THE THE GMS AND SEND EMAILS TO ABUSE@NEOCRON.COM YOURE BREAKING MY LITTLE WORLD AND IT HURTS ME DEEPLY OH AND EVERYONE THAT KILLS ONE OF MY ROLEPLAY BUDDIES IS A SAD LONELY PKER THAT PKES PEOPLE FOR NO REASON AND TO KILL US YOU MUST ASK US BEFOREHAND AND TELL US HOW YOURE GOING TO DO IT SO I CAN DOCUMENT IT AND ALSO YOU MUST TELL US ALL YOUR LIFESTORY, YOUR THOUGHTS AND YOUR GENDER TO ME THEN ILL MAKE A SCRIPT FOR ALL OF US AND FANART SO WE CAN PRACTICE AND THEN I CAN INVITE YOU ALL FOR SOME TEA AT MY APT BEFORE WE DO OUR EXCITING PVP (NOT PK, PVP IS NOT PK)"

Hello!!! This is mmo is all about a post apocalyptic world, think Fallout, i suggest you all play it before coming here and POSTING WHY IS SOME RANDOM PERSON SHOOTING ME AND THEN I DIED AND HE STOLE MY PURSE =((((

GO PLAY FALLOUT

L0KI
09-01-04, 16:44

Yes, this game is getting way more carebear, and it sucks. I cant raid TH anymore, cant raid inside mb, ( a little but not like it once was) and cant raid TG, i can raid the outside with a ppu to defend me from guards but thats it. The game isnt anywhere near as fun as it once was now. This is a pvp game and it should be up to people to defend their bases, not 120/120 npcs. ..... But yeah this game IS getting more and more carebear... and less and less fun.

Originally posted by .Cyl0n
i 100 % agree vet!

.cy

Yep, me 2 ;)

MegaCorp
09-01-04, 19:48
Back in my early days i was lucky enough to take part in a large raid on the TG canyons, right into their shops and apartment areas. It was damned fine fun. Lots of fighting with players and npcs. Kind of opened my eyes to the rich potential of the game with regard to PvP.

But ... how much of that can happen today? Can TG mount a meaningful assault against NC city? They *should* be able to. Same goes for factions raiding other HQs such as MB and TH, or lesser HQs inside NC itself. Instead it feels like PvP possibilities have been shrinking, not expanding. Same goes for basic PKing.

Maybe with the changes planned in BDOY this will be turned around. Hope so.

Spook

Jest
09-01-04, 19:52
Guys I know it can be dissapointing right now, Im BD and dont have enough force to mount an op war so my choice is basically PP1, since no one comes to PP2 or 3 and ganking people gets old. BUT, guards are being lessened in test patch, safe zones are for the most part dissappearing, I think the game is going in the right direction.