PDA

View Full Version : Question about Monk Skill point placement

Strieder
08-01-04, 22:51
Im new to the game, about 2 weeks in..I made a monk last week, he is 49/41 right now, and I am not sure what to do with Psi skill points.

Right now i am at 100 base APU, 78ish base MST and 70-80 base PPW. I was told that PPW affects my spell damage, so ive been raising that. To what should I am to get my APU and PPW? I need 82 base MST correct?

Thanks all

PenguinNick
08-01-04, 22:59
personally I don't know, and also (not to be rude so please don't feel bad) half the fun is getting a set up that no one knows that is different, but IMO your PPW is good. I'd jack up ur APU now until u cap all ur spells then after capping put whatever is left (if any) in PPW

slaughteruall
08-01-04, 23:05
Yes you only need 82 base MST that is if you have a PSI core. If you can get a DS (you wont be able to for some time) you only need 78 base MST. The PPW and APU is up to you. There are numerous kinds of setups that you can do.

Also what IMPS are you using? Try to get a attack 2, attack 3 Experimental psi controler 3 and a PSI core. If and when you get a DS take out the exp 3. Also what server are you on? If your on saturn when i get back from my vacation i can hook you up with some imps.

Slaughter

Strieder
08-01-04, 23:14
Currently using Psi Memory, Exp Psi Controller 3, Psi Attack 3, and Psi Core (Thanks to my Rl friend :D thanks bro)

I should switch out the Psi Memory for Psi Attack 2?

And do you think my PPW is high enough atm to raise my APU again? Is there an average APU/PPW number to which most monks raise their skills?

Thanks =)

slaughteruall
08-01-04, 23:21
You can leave the memory 3 in for now. But soon you will want more APU then the psi lvls. The attack 2 will give you PSU+10 APU+10 and i beleave 3 to your PSI lvl maybe 2. At your current lvl PPW is less improtent really it will only add around 1% dmg to your spells.

What is your base psi lvl? Also what have you spent your INT points on?

Slaughter

Shadow Dancer
09-01-04, 02:41
Put everything into psi resist.

petek480
09-01-04, 02:42
Originally posted by Shadow Dancer
No wonder you suck.

Shadow Dancer
09-01-04, 02:43
I r0x!

t0tt3
09-01-04, 02:53
Originally posted by Shadow Dancer

That setup roxxors like can take 10000 hls omg psi resist SOOO WUBAR!!!!! That subskill really caps anything in this game. :rolleyes:

Strieder
09-01-04, 05:44
I have 100 in Psi Usage (int), and the rest in Implant. I think im at 70 base PSi.

Benjie
09-01-04, 08:59
Well, my monk has all in psi resist and it's better than ppu!!!1111one Plus I have a 4 slot unlabled nailgun and I can kill Y replicants in few hits!!111one

Strieder
10-01-04, 18:54
Would it be viable to get a high research skill on a monk? How high would I want to get my Psi Usage?

SamuraiPizzaCat
10-01-04, 18:58
if u wanna trade skill a monk its better to use PPU because of their buffs
my PPU researches 160 (glove/buff/advnerves3) but only like 155 or so psi use (all after imps)

shodanjr_gr
10-01-04, 19:01
Hm...well if you are going to be a PURE monk (apu or ppu) the majority of your points should be in APU (or PPU depending on your class). PPW does increased spell effectivness but a far lower rate than APU. But PPW also determines your mana pool.

Bottom line is, you want great damage and basic mana? Then spec more APU than PPW. You want normal damage and lots of mana (and an insane combat rank)? Spec more PPW than APU.

Strieder
10-01-04, 19:22
PPW increases combat rank moreso than APU?

And as for research, I intend to LOM to PPU once I cap, I think.

slaughteruall
10-01-04, 20:09
There is a flip point in all skills where you add more to one skill and you get a major bonus (specialization) i beleave it is 169 or so. With the PA's you cap all your spells and still get a very nice size pool. I think my APU's pool is around 360 or so 78/60 *** (i think it is /60 at least) I'm that rank without PPU buffs. Get a nice setup and you wont even need a PSI combat 3 to cap your spells.

Slaughter