PDA

View Full Version : Y-replicas and more content [pics included]

sw1tch
08-01-04, 22:48
We really need more mobs like these, they are so much more fun to fight, you actually have to work, and think to kill them rarther than the monotonous killing of mobs, that get just so god damn boring.

This is as close as mobs get to actually feeling like fighting over players rarther than just the other stupid and slow mobs.

I mean i was having a dual with a commander at the top of a steep hill, and i had to pay attention to what i was doing, popping up shooting and finding safe places to hide if he hit me lots, usually i just watch tv or something and point and click.

Here is an example of the amount there are of them out there, enough to keep just me busy for a few hours, having them all hunt me down

same spot, 3 views:
http://www.p0stwh0restores.com/uploads/switch/yreps01.jpg
http://www.p0stwh0restores.com/uploads/switch/yreps02.jpg
http://www.p0stwh0restores.com/uploads/switch/yreps03.jpg

its more fun than having an army of DoY bots after you ( they
really dont like CA runners :p )
http://www.p0stwh0restores.com/uploads/switch/doy-army.jpg

more mobs really should be made like this, and making harder and longer to kill but better xp will really stop me getting bored.

More mobs like this NEED to be added, making mobs harder and longer to kill but better xp will really stop me getting bored.
Content is already low for what could be done.

My idea for new mobs is an anarchy breed cave. Beef up the guards outside so you have to fight your way to the entrance of the cave/UG (reduct the range at which they can see you (without you shooting them) so exploring noobs wont get raped running by)

inside would look very much like uplinks UGs or in the style of military base (maybe the same as those hunting places with cyberguards in at MB).

Still more needs to be added, even using already existing content for example much harder agressor sewers out near regents fortress with 3 star agressor captains, and 2 star agressors (boss would be a 120/120 mutant gunman ewith a devourer inhand)

the list goes on, much more content needs to be added so people dont just spend their time around plaza1 jumping on lampposts.
Hopefully DoY should give us more things to do such as DoY-vs-NC wars at TH and the canyon, butwe still need more options.

Another example would be a fighting ring in PP2 where 2 players enter an enclosed cage and can fight it out to the death, bets should be able to be made on who will win. And a player on ever server be put in charge to do monthly competitions and tournaments.

shit i better stop writing, half of you won't bother to read all of it :(

MkVenner
08-01-04, 23:04
that last pic looked like fun, shame i wasnt there :P

RuriHoshino
08-01-04, 23:12
:eek:

A 120/120 mutant gunman with a Devourer??????

<runs screaming to apartment and hides under bed>

Archeus
08-01-04, 23:47
you need to head out to regants. It is just fun fun fun. Don't know about other servers but apprantly on Pluto quick belts grow a lot in the damp conditions out there.

Y-Reps are funny. After you have fought them for a while they are a little predictable, funny when you bring others who don't know though..

*zap* *zap* *zap* (Y-Rep starts to run over a hill)
(Runner runs after them)
Me: Noooo! It's a trap!!!

3 seconds later, dead runner.

sw1tch
08-01-04, 23:52
yeh regents is next on my list for exploring more into, after leveling at the same places again and again has become too tedious.

sanityislost
08-01-04, 23:59
heheheh nice pics, once i get my apu capped gona have a go at those Y reps :D

t0tt3
09-01-04, 02:58
MOBS needed badly

Dont know why KK doesnt puts in more mobs every patch that would be so cool.

Its TEH most coolest thing to see a new mob and feal the kiddie opens xmas gift again :(

To bad that wont happend :mad:

Keiron
09-01-04, 04:49
Originally posted by Archeus
you need to head out to regants. It is just fun fun fun. Don't know about other servers but apprantly on Pluto quick belts grow a lot in the damp conditions out there.
Uranus's belt collection spot seems to be the "hill of death in E_12" just south of the Cycrow GR. I have seen full op war teams get downed in that place (8-10 Grim Chasers + other assorted mobs). I think I have 2 or 3 PA's laying around in that area myself :(

StrongSad
09-01-04, 07:47
Is that so?

*GRs to cycrow with obliterator and hack tool in hand*

:D

I havent tried reegents....just heard it was insanely impossible mainly due to shear amounts of mobs causing low FPS. May have been changed tho..

Archeus
09-01-04, 10:36
Regents goes something like this. Myself a near capped spy and an APU go to recover a TL150 tool that was dropped.

*Zone Border
Me: Leaving the APC here. Everyone buff up.
*Zoned.

APU: Oooh what pretty lights, like loads of fireflys.

Me: Those aren't fire flies

APU: OMG o_O

Spy: (goes running off for his belt)

Me: STAY HERE! Wait!!

Spy: (10 seconds later Dead). *1 Minute rez means he has to GR out. Now I have to find two belts.

Me: FFS, you stay here I'll go look. (Cast SC, send it off to play and run for the village I get into the village and run around trying to stay alive and find the belt among the 15-20 that are lying around).

* about 10-15 seconds later the APU comes running into the village like a bat out of hell because he wanted to see what was here. So now I am trying to keep him alive. Finally he's able to hide in the village.

Finally I head out, there are tons of belts but it is impossible to get to a lot of them, or ID from all the laser fire, I manage to get the Spies PA he dropped when he died. Finally I fall into the water and can't swim to shore in time to heal myself. I die and leave a belt with a 3 slot heal. The APU being the crazy SOB he is tries to run out unbuffed to grab my belt and run back. Not sure what he lost.

In all that time we didn't kill one mutant, and they aren't even that hard.

metalangel
09-01-04, 12:15
Myself, a PPU and a tank went out to Regant's Legacy once in a 4x4... stupidly, the PPU drove right up to the bridge leading into the actual fort, and decided we'd start the fight there.

Well, we got maybe 10 of the mutants before they were wading ashore and starting to hand out the SERIOUS pain. The PPU himself got raped trying to rezz the two of us... and, wouldn't you know it, my three slot Reeza's Gaze was in my belt! So, I swallowed as many buffs and boosters as I could stomach, jumped in the ol' APC, and drove out there. And I swear, if I had gotten back into the driver's seat ONE SECOND later after scooping my belt, I would have died.

It's a scary place. :D

RuriHoshino
09-01-04, 17:23
The last time I went there was with the clan I was in....summat like 10-12 people there...and we did manage to clean the place....after losing about half of our people there :eek:

Lord that was fun!:D

shodanjr_gr
09-01-04, 17:41
Originally posted by RuriHoshino
:eek:

A 120/120 mutant gunman with a Devourer??????

<runs screaming to apartment and hides under bed>

Heheheh yeah, call him "PPU Bane"

Zanathos
09-01-04, 17:52
I hope you dont mean more mobs that need PPU's to fight? o_O

DoY bots, NEED a PPU or some DAMN GOOD cover to hide at in order to fight them (Such as a HOUSE)

Y reps, impossible to fight alone unless your a damn good apu without a ppu.

regents legacy, too many mobs, you attack one, 15 others will come. So a BIG team is nessesary with again, a good amount of PPUs

there are many other levelin places and mobs that require a ppu or some damn good cover in order to level off of them.

I wish KK would put less emphasis in PPU nessesity.

I personally in my 4 months of play have NEVER attacked any of these "PPU" mobs except one DoY bot, fortunatly, I had a house to hid in to gather up my strength after being pwned by it.

So, mobs that are hard and long to kill yes, but ones that dont need a ppu, just brains and cover.

and dont you dare say you need those for those "PPU" mobs.

very few of them can be soloed. and you gotta be damn good, and not a spy or tank... well, maybe a tank could.

devourer doesnt hut that much btw :p My PE with LITTLE poison resist could take like, 8 or 10 attacks which is half a clip i believe.

so :p

no i wasnt standing still o_O

RuriHoshino
09-01-04, 18:08
not able to solo DoY's w/o a PPU <blinks>

ermmm....I killed three last night. Of course I'm a 51/59 spy with PA2 but still.:confused:

Zanathos
09-01-04, 18:10
In that case you probably killed them with the extreme range of rifles. (i.e. there is a certain range where you can attack warbots and not be attacked at all by them)

i dont mean to imply that you cant solo any of these "PPU" mobs, its just INCREDIBLY hard and you can die quite easily if you arent VERY experienced (even still you can die easy)

RuriHoshino
09-01-04, 19:04
Originally posted by Zanathos
In that case you probably killed them with the extreme range of rifles. (i.e. there is a certain range where you can attack warbots and not be attacked at all by them)

i dont mean to imply that you cant solo any of these "PPU" mobs, its just INCREDIBLY hard and you can die quite easily if you arent VERY experienced (even still you can die easy)

Actually, I was running around a hill keeping them (granted, one at a time and not all at once) on the far side. I have the gamma bones and as I said the spy pa2 and about 15 natural xray resist. I can take about 3-4 full shots without heal before dieing. It took about 10 minutes per but its doable.

CarniFlex
09-01-04, 19:26
My hybrid levels on doy units *blink blink* :D

sw1tch
10-01-04, 00:48
heh just explored regents, brought back a lot of memories since last time i was there was beta3.

this time tho it was mental, glad i was in a rhino otherwise i would have been mowed down fast.

http://www.p0stwh0restores.com/uploads/switch/regents.jpg