PDA

View Full Version : Question: Am I an Idiot?

Benjie
08-01-04, 18:36
Today I bundled up my old playstation one and about ten games, took it down to Game and traded it all in for a copy of Max Payne II, some batteries, and *shock* *shock* *horrer!* Starwars Galaxies!

Well, it was free, kinda. So the big question is, am I an idiot?

p.s. I'll never stop playing Neocron!

*edit*
Cookie for anybody who can tell me what my signature is from.
Peice of cake and 10 cookies for anyone who can tell me the name of the girl in my avatar. (this is a real competition)

J. Folsom
08-01-04, 18:38
Yes you are, no one should ever trade in old game systems and games!

I still have an old NES lieing around, and it's the uber. Especially because it still works. :D

Benjie
08-01-04, 18:39
Originally posted by J. Folsom
Yes you are, no one should ever trade in old game systems and games!

I still have an old NES lieing around, and it's the uber.

A Nes is cool, it's Nintendo after all. I always hated the Playstation 1 though, so i don't care. It's just Star Wars Galaxies I'm worried about!

ezza
08-01-04, 18:39
i voted yes

Jest
08-01-04, 18:42
I didnt read the thread but still voted yes. :p j/k Well I still voted yes, old game systems are the win.

Zanathos
08-01-04, 18:46
Assuming Max Payne II is for the PC and you like Star Wars then I say no.

But SWG.......... Well, I cant judge, I havent played it after all.

And btw, that stuff you traded in is at least worth 100 bucks.

50 for the PS1, 50 for the games (5 bucks each)

Max Payne II = 60 bucks id say, and you said SWG was pretty much free (10 bucks?) so some batteries = 30 bucks?

So i say yes.

if you have a PS2 though, there really is no nee for a PS1.

Benjie
08-01-04, 18:52
Originally posted by Zanathos
Assuming Max Payne II is for the PC and you like Star Wars then I say no.

But SWG.......... Well, I cant judge, I havent played it after all.

And btw, that stuff you traded in is at least worth 100 bucks.

50 for the PS1, 50 for the games (5 bucks each)

Max Payne II = 60 bucks id say, and you said SWG was pretty much free (10 bucks?) so some batteries = 30 bucks?

So i say yes.

if you have a PS2 though, there really is no nee for a PS1.
naw when I say it was pretty much free, I mean it was a trade in. Actually the playstation one and the ten games came to 60 pounds, so pretty much what you said.

Urgh, this thread is stupid. I think a mod should close it.

jj dynomite
08-01-04, 19:07
Yes, Yes, Yes

I did something similar with my old Atari. I spent many years and a lot of money getting all those games and the consoul back.

Dude *slaps* think before you do something like this

Kal
08-01-04, 19:18
Yes, now wait one second while i read what you posted:p

Mumblyfish
08-01-04, 19:28
It depends. If you had Vib Ribbon, Einhander, or any of the (admittedly few) classic PSOne games, then yes.

jj dynomite
08-01-04, 19:31
Originally posted by Mumblyfish
It depends. If you had Vib Ribbon, Einhander, or any of the (admittedly few) classic PSOne games, then yes.

Final Fantasy Tactics
Monster Rancher 1

The 2 most addictive games i've ever played.

Omnituens
08-01-04, 19:34
if you had any FF (bar 9, that was poor) and traded them in, you are an idiot

or MGS

or RE

Mumblyfish
08-01-04, 19:35
Originally posted by jj dynomite
Final Fantasy Tactics

Monster Rancher 1

The 2 most addictive games i've ever played.

You get a prize on both counts. You win.

Benjie
08-01-04, 19:47
Originally posted by Omnituens
if you had any FF (bar 9, that was poor) and traded them in, you are an idiot

or MGS

or RE
I hate Final Fantasy. Stick me infront of an Atari Stfm with a copy of Dungeon Master anyday. Now that, my friend, is what a roleplaying game is all about.

And yes, I traded in FF7 and 8. I didn't like either of them very much. I always prefered Zelda anywho.

Kal
08-01-04, 19:53
Zelda is t3h pwn

Fawkes
08-01-04, 19:59
Originally posted by Benjie

Cookie for anybody who can tell me what my signature is from.

http://www.angelfire.com/clone/of_lucifer/mmmschoolboys.jpg

google ownz d=
i have no idea what this is about tho o=

Benjie
08-01-04, 20:01
Originally posted by Fawkes

google ownz d=
i have no idea what this is about tho o= [/B]

WTF? wtf is that? I have never seen that b4. lol.

It's from Tom Greens Monkey Hour. He goes to Japan and finds a drinks vending machine that says "Hey you! Why arn't you having something to drink? Choose one, making you better feeling!" And then he stands infront of it for about half and hour saying it in a stupid voice. :)

Tom Greens Monkey hour is actually pretty funny. He goes around Japan dressed as a fork waking people up in a hotell asking them if they want a free "Go Fork Yourself" T-Shirt. :p

jj dynomite
08-01-04, 20:04
Originally posted by Fawkes
http://www.angelfire.com/clone/of_lucifer/mmmschoolboys.jpg

google ownz d=
i have no idea what this is about tho o=

Talk about completly off subject.

Fawkes
08-01-04, 20:04
ohhhhhhhhkay o=

Benjie
08-01-04, 20:05
That picture is going to give me nightmares now. I mean look at it.....It's scary....

*shudders*

By the way I'm patching SW:G now, and I have encountered a patching bug. Hrmm, not a very good first impression. *looks at reakktor*

DestructionUK
08-01-04, 20:27
dammit i was gonna say tom green.... he went insane and kept saying it while squating and rubbing his stomach..... no idea about the pic tho.......................................... scary

Benjie
08-01-04, 21:02
I've now being playing Star Wars galexies for about 30 minuits, and my first impressions are......... wtf?

I finished the tutorial, entered an absolutely DEAD city, spoke to all the npc's, tryed to join a chat channel but they are all dead too.

I am completely lost. first impressions are baaaaaad maaaan.

btw I already have a Con List.

Con! The controlls are SHIT (you have to pick up your mouse about 3 times to turn around 180o

Con! The Tutorial is boring as HELL!

Con! So far I enjoyed the character creation more than the game itself!

........... Graphics are good except the city's, which look much much worse than Neocron.

robinitnow
08-01-04, 21:04
found an idit test
answere these q's

http://www.aboyandhiscomputer.com/show.php?ItemID=387&page=28

I get Normal 15

be ware some of the q's are really ambiguis

El Barto
08-01-04, 21:14
*shakes head in shame* yes you are :D

Omnituens
08-01-04, 21:14
20 - Genius

I'm no idiot.

Deanus_willis
08-01-04, 21:16
i think you already know the answer. i have star wars: galaxies and i know im an idiot

REMUS
08-01-04, 21:24
benjie i wouldnt but i dont think you are an idiot either, but then again it was an idiotic thing to do becuase you or some one who brought you the console proberbly paid £300 + if the games and console where brought new and its a perfect retro gaming console since cartridge games will eventually stop working becuase the batterys on the cart will run out :( but CD's should work untill they are worn out.

bad man *slaps benjies wrist* maybe not idiotic but not exactly a wise choice.

ezza
08-01-04, 21:27
Originally posted by Benjie
I've now being playing Star Wars galexies for about 30 minuits, and my first impressions are......... wtf?

I finished the tutorial, entered an absolutely DEAD city, spoke to all the npc's, tryed to join a chat channel but they are all dead too.

I am completely lost. first impressions are baaaaaad maaaan.

btw I already have a Con List.

Con! The controlls are SHIT (you have to pick up your mouse about 3 times to turn around 180o

Con! The Tutorial is boring as HELL!

Con! So far I enjoyed the character creation more than the game itself!

........... Graphics are good except the city's, which look much much worse than Neocron.
lol you lasted longer than me, after about 10mins i was back to playing my tank trying to forget about the 10 wasted minutes playing SWG

Shadow Dancer
08-01-04, 21:31
Benjie I love you.

Benjie
08-01-04, 21:55
Originally posted by Shadow Dancer
Benjie I love you.
I love you too.

By the way, everybody, when I looked at the screenshots for SW:G I was under the impression that it looked better than Neocron, but it doesn't. In fact it looks really ammaturish. (ignore what I said earlier about good graphics, it was night time!))

Neocron has pre-burned lighting, light effects, lots of textures, and fairly decent renduring. Everything is animated well, and the models colide with each other.

Starwars Galaxies has shit rendering, (the terrain morphs around like a playstation 1 game, how ironic) it has absolutely NO lighting whatsoever, (all the textures are bland and un lit) it has very samey texturing, and the characters move like shit! And you can walk through anything thats not terrain!

But I'm not giving up on it yet. At the moment I'm trying to get somebody to give me a weapon. Then I will probabally go look around outside of the city more.

shardl0r
08-01-04, 22:30
Give it a little bit of time, SW:G isn't an instant appeal game. Its got quite a good trade system (there are no npc created items), and its resource system is very indepth. It has a huge range of professions, and team hunting can be a lot of fun. Overall the first couple of weeks is a lot of fun.

However the SW:G experience can be summed up in a single word:

Entertainers.

Anyone who can sit in front of thier computer for 8 hours a day typing /flourish and asking for heals and tips, until they work out a macro that does it all for them, is really very easily ammused. Hell, quite a lot of the leveling grind you don't even need to be at your computer for. I mean a game you don't actually play, to play (unless you consider sitting looking at a screen 'playing').
SW:G is great until the new MMO high wears off. Then it just simply becomes boring.

Oh and a friend of mine has just unlocked his force sensitive slot (Jedi character) after spending a month, almost 6 - 8 hours a day, of play. And guess what, Jedi's aren't actually remotely worth it. They suffer perma death, and the moment you reveal yourself, you'll have an entire serverload of capped bounty hunters hunting your noobish jedi ass *g*

Agent L
09-01-04, 12:03
You should sell PS to Saddam Hussein or another embargoed dictator, as they need PSs for missile guiding, they pay lot more : D

Agent L
09-01-04, 12:09
Tom Green, from "Freddy got fingered"?
I don't like him, he's not an actor, he always acts as "Tom Green".

Benjie
09-01-04, 12:12
My end conclusion is that Starwars Galaxies<Neocron.

I'll wait for my month to end. Yeah I'm an idiot, I can't belive I traded in my playstation for that game.

jernau
09-01-04, 16:11
SW:G is total shite.

Tom Green is total shite (isn't he supposed to die of cock-cancer soon anway - hurry up asshole).

CarniFlex
09-01-04, 19:36
I just voted yes without reading what you wanted and without knowing you. Sometimes a yes vote is just too good to resist.