PDA

View Full Version : My boost thread

Judge
08-01-04, 18:14
Ok, I made a thread a few days ago whilst I was pissed off... not a great idea. But now I'm in a relatively good mood so I'm going to make another thread. A boost thread. Now I know alot of people on the forums don't actually know what a "boost" is... "Nerf?" They say... no, boost "Nerf?" No its when things get better.... "..."

Anyway. These are the things that I think should be boosted, oh and btw I'm sorry about Droners but I really haven't played one in ages and don't know how I would boost them properly (I know they need boosting, bugfixes but how?):

1) Tank AoE: Boost the damage a bit

2) Tank: When in a team with other tanks in a warzone the team as a whole gains +3 heavycombat and bodyhealth per each tank in the team. So with 5 tanks in the team they would gain +15 HC and HLT overall. This is due to their teamwork in covering fire and supporting one another. If there is a spy in the team then all the tanks gain +10 weaponlore, as he can point out the most dangerous targets to take down. This only counts if they are in the same zone.

3) Tank: Change PA to not take away Ath, but something else important... just not that important. :p

4) PPU: Increase the area of true sight sanctum

5) Spy: Create five new eyes for spies (spy only): Antistealth eye 1, Antistealth eye 2, Antistealth eye 3, "Long sight" eye combines antistealth eye 3 and rifleeye 3 and "Short sight" eye combines anti stealth eye 3 and pistoleye 3. The two named eyes would be lowtech rares with like 4 parts

6) Spy: Three new devices, with the same reqs as stealth 2, 3 and obliterator. The first (stealth 2 reqs and storebought) is an anti shelter device which takes as long as the spell to use, the second (stealth 3 reqs and storebought) is an anti-deflector device which takes as long as the spell to use, the third (obliterator reqs and a lowtech rare) is the same as antibuff spell (not sure if normal or holy... probably normal) and takes as long to use.

7) New implant: Antipara feet/legs the legs and feet each give a 50% chance that para won't take effect, so using both will give 100%. The implants also give the bonuses of advanced bones of the same name (feet and legs).

Thats all I can think of atm... I think that APU is balanced and PE is balanced.. stealth just needs some way of countering. PPUs are "ok" as such, but the taking down of PPUs needs to be spread between other classes such as the spy who needs other uses in combat. Tank just needed a bit of a boost in the OP war field, they are fine everywhere else.

EDIT: dammit, if a mod could make this a poll with a check box for each boost that would be great. Ta.

Candaman
08-01-04, 18:18
if spys get antibuff rares they won't be L tech for a start and they should be one or two shot jobs u miss ur own fault

[SP]Ostrich
08-01-04, 18:20
how about if tank PA took away TC... would that be a suitable compromise?

*DODGES SOME RANDOM FLAMES*

Judge
08-01-04, 18:20
Why? No seriosly... why? They are basically techno versions of the APU spells. Don't see what the problem is.

Originally posted by [SP]Ostrich
how about if tank PA took away TC... would that be a suitable compromise?

*DODGES SOME RANDOM FLAMES*

Yeah I was going to propse that but I didn't want to get barbecued either. Just something :p

Shadow Dancer
08-01-04, 18:26
Can I add some boosts?

Here are mine.

I'm going to make a new thread about this later anyways. :p Personally, I think we COULD decrease the importance of ppus, without touching THEM, by giving SIMILAR support roles to spies and pes. And as long as they don't outshine ppus, ppus will still be the best in their field, but by no means the ONLY defensive support role in neocron. It's sort of like paladins in DnD having access to some cleric spells. Like that. :p

What I suggest is this. I think TC should have more technological SHIZNAT for spending points in it.

I suggest 2 high level first aid tools that require TC. One can be used by the PE and spy, the other can only be used by the spy. I think these should act as healing tools that are similar to bless heal. Of course they would have to be balanced to not overpower the pe and spy 1v1. Now to balance these tools, I offer 2 suggestions.

1.You know when you get implanted, and you move reaaaaally slow? Well it could be like that. If you "heal" yourself, then you move really slow for the duration. That way it's still very useful in team battles or op fights, but still not as uber as a PPU's heal or as convenient since you can still run at full speed while healing.

2.It simply "stops" when you recieve fire. This will ENSURE that pes and spies won't be overpowered 1v1. But if they find some cover, maybe they can get some good healage. My only concern would be stealth pes + this tool. But i'll get to that later. Now if you're going to say this will be useless at op wars, trust me it won't. You're not being hit 24/7 in an op war, unless you're a fool. Many times my apu has found cover but no ppu was in site to heal me and i Got pwnd like a minute later. PPus and spies will be very much wanted and useful in an op war. More healers is ALWAYS a good thing.

Now the second tool, would be spy only. And would allow you to "rezz" a corpse. This is the future, you can use whatever RP reason you want. Alternatively, the 2nd tool can be used to prevent some healing for a small amount of time or prevent a corpse from being rezzed for a small amount of time. C'mon, that would make the spy very 1337. :p Like maybe making 2 tools. The "self" heal tool would be unusuable under fire, while the "remote" heal tool could be in effect under fire. Etc... You get the general gist.

Now you can add your own tweaks or suggestions to this idea. But please read it and think about it first before you say no.
We can "lessen" the need of ppus by spreading out some of their roles to other classes, while still leaving THEM the king of defense/medic support, but not the only source. ;)

*ahem*

More ideas to come lata.

EDIT: I like the idea of spies getting some antibuff tools. But anti-anything sanctum is a big nono. Let's no make ppus gimp puppies by dispelling their shields every 2 seconds automatically. :)

Judge
08-01-04, 18:30
Oh yeah... sorry I missed two of my ideas:

8) Give Piercing Melle weapons Poison mods that do long term damage but not too fast... so not like the fire of poinson spells... a bit longer but less damage per tic. This is because the RoF of things like PoB is very high and would get 8 stacks quite easily.

9) Boost Melle damage across the board.

EDIT: I did'nt say anything about an anti-buff sanctum o_O

Shadow Dancer
08-01-04, 18:37
Originally posted by Judge
Oh yeah... sorry I missed two of my ideas:

8) Give Piercing Melle weapons Poison mods that do long term damage but not too fast... so not like the fire of poinson spells... a bit longer but less damage per tic. This is because the RoF of things like PoB is very high and would get 8 stacks quite easily.

9) Boost Melle damage across the board.

EDIT: I did'nt say anything about an anti-buff sanctum o_O

lol

You said anti-deflector sanctum. :p

Gestra
08-01-04, 18:37

6) Spy: Three new devices, with the same reqs as stealth 2, 3 and obliterator. The first (stealth 2 reqs and storebought) is an anti shelter device which takes as long as the spell to use, the second (stealth 3 reqs and storebought) is an anti-deflector device which takes as long as the spell to use, the third (obliterator reqs and a lowtech rare) is the same as antibuff spell (not sure if normal or holy... probably normal) and takes as long to use.

Not thought out enough. Would that be a capped holy anti spell ROF of 21/min or the normal anti spells of 10/min . Will spies be able to run cast this device, an apu cant do that, and will the device have a draw back like the massive mana cost of holy antibuff. And since shelter is higher than deflector, Should it not be the first device remove def?

Judge
08-01-04, 18:49
The reason that I thought to remove def first is that it is possible for PEs to reach the stealth level 2.. and would you really want a PE to remove your def then rip into you with either a PE or Libby?

Gestra
08-01-04, 19:09
The reason that I thought to remove def first is that it is possible for PEs to reach the stealth level 2.. and would you really want a PE to remove your def then rip into you with either a PE or Libby?

Yes. Shelter is more valuable than deflector.

StrongSad
08-01-04, 20:23
Yay, boosts!!

I hate nerfs...they are lame and make everyone mad

Judge
08-01-04, 20:24
Originally posted by Gestra
Yes. Shelter is more valuable than deflector.

Ok, chill. I was just trying to make a suggestion.

Rade
08-01-04, 21:48
I donno, I think the healing side of the game is pretty covered. I
would rather see other stuff. Mines, something that prevents the
target to be healed for a while, nades with weird effects, rare
nailgun (;)), teleportation, hacking tech mobs to make pets,
blahblahblah. Spies should have so much of this shit that theyd
never need to touch a normal weapon, whereas PEs should be a
mix between some nifty toys and some gunpower.

**edit: Altho NC can probably never get there, Its just my idea of
the ideal NC.

Shadow Dancer
08-01-04, 21:50
Originally posted by Rade
I donno, I think the healing side of the game is pretty covered.

Don't you want ppus to be less important? :p

hacking tech mobs to make pets,

O_o

Spies should have so much of this shit that theyd
never need to touch a normal weapon, whereas PEs should be a
mix between some nifty toys and some gunpower.

Yea I agree completely. I always thought spies should be as powerful as psis, but just with technology. Hell the word spy rhymes with psi. :rolleyes:

Archeus
08-01-04, 23:00
Very nice ideas.. some comments.

2) Tank: When in a team with other tanks in a warzone the team as a whole gains +3 heavycombat and bodyhealth per each tank in the team. So with 5 tanks in the team they would gain +15 HC and HLT overall.

This is nice but that bonus should exist only while the team are in local range (can see the health bar) and there should be a limit like no less then 3 tanks before it kicks in.

4) PPU: Increase the area of true sight sanctum

I don't think this is a good idea.

5) Spy: Create five new eyes for spies (spy only):

They would have to be E's and even then should give some serious negative effect for thier use, moreso for the pistol/rifle one.

6) Spy: Three new devices,

I think Anti-buff in the hands of a spy might be a bit unbalancing but in the hands of a PE is a bad idea as it would seriously unbalance them. Even with anti-buff the best target to hit is the attacker, not the PPU now you have an unbuffed character vs a PE. At least with the current situation the PE requires to team to do something like this.

7) New implant: Antipara feet/legs

Have T an E. The T speeds up the para timer and E gives a good chance of no effect (Even though effects are there).

Have a chest imp that does something similar for Damage Boost.

stealth just needs some way of countering.

Stealth is only really overpowered in the hands of an expert. I've seen tanks hunt and drop stealthers with no worries, PPUs can sic a SC on them to tag them or use any other number of spells to tag them.