PDA

View Full Version : Improve the recycle skill !

Heavyporker
08-01-04, 16:47
Make it so that freezer ammo is only SOLD in Tech Haven, and fusion ammo is only SOLD in twilight canyon...

And then how about making the cloning function of recycle need 2x the TL of ammo to clone?

And the efficency increases with more skill? (meaning that someone with 100 recycle can get more clips/units from a given set of cloning stock than someone with 60 recycle)

Thats the first phase.

How about making it so that when you get all the items together to make one of those role-play items (recordable datadisc or gourmet meal), and you put the ingredients together, you get 5x of the recipe's result. This would definitely make it worthwhile to make datacubes or datadiscs or wasteland baked beans (caution - improper cooking can cause 500 points of poison damage upon ingestion)

That's the second phase.

Next, how about making it so that you get a minimum of half the parts used in the construction of an weapon/armor salvaged when you have 2x its TL (hey, since you already need 100+ recycle to get like 1 chem from a candybar...) instead of getting ONE part and three or so chems as it seems to be now...

And how about getting, say, 15 to 20 times the value of a rare's sale value in chems/parts when you get it salvaged, since atm it doesn't seem viable to get techparts back from the rare's salvage. So at least you can get a fair pile of cash or several items done. ( like, say, salvaging a broken vein ripper would get you like 30 solantium and 5 weaponparts 6s or 10 arillium and 5 weaonparts 8 or something)

That's the third phase.

So in essence, bringing about the rise of proper recycle/salvage tradeskillers - there just aren't any around because there's essentially no need for them. With those changes, you can bring much more meaning into it, and new value to Neocron.

I mean, does it not suck that someone can just sock 20 points into recycle and just basically cut himself off from the ammo shop?

Does it not suck that it costs more to MAKE a datacube than an 0/2 buying one from cryton's?

Does it not suck that like 10k's worth of ingredients are used to make ONE plate that's worth maybe 2k from the restaurant?

Does it not suck needing 100+ recycle to salvage ONE chem from a candybar or nailgun?

msdong
08-01-04, 16:55
Originally posted by Heavyporker
...And then how about making the cloning function of recycle need 2x the TL of ammo to clone?

ah i think you just need to double the TL of "Special Ammo"

this would also give some work to "noob constructors" because ppl dont like having that much recycle and use to have more const.
with TL 60 Const you cant do much "cool"weapons but are a good part of the ammo supply chain.

(hey, since you already need 100+ recycle to get like 1 chem from a candybar...)

ah no, TL80 is a cool skill, you get lots of expencive chems :)

Benjie
08-01-04, 22:13
I like it, I like it a lot. But expect a lot of No votes as it will put people out.

Lareolan
09-01-04, 06:01
I said it before and I'll say it again. Yes, it's a good idea like many many many ideas involving tradeskills before it. Will KK actually do jack about it? No. Why? Because that requires work and they don't like doing work.

Plain and simple.

Benjie
09-01-04, 07:38
Originally posted by Lareolan
Why? Because that requires work and they don't like doing work.
You should probabally stop listening to the people who start these rumors. I know for a fact that reakktor have just been buisy with more important issues. As does every other remotely perceptive person on this forum.

Sorry Heavyporker. Now back on topic.

Sorontar
09-01-04, 11:01
Does it not suck needing 100+ recycle to salvage ONE chem from a candybar or nailgun?

Exaggerating just a little bit there aren't we:p Its about 40-50 skill to get Metal D from a candybar ( dependent on Dex ).

At 100 skill which is my aim , I will be able to put large limbs into the processor and get about 8 chems out including Adiclovin.

I don't think that recycle is an underdeveloped skill when compared to others ( hack for instance ) but most people don't use it because of the boredom involved . It is under used by construction teams simply because out of all the tradeskills it is the most soul destroying job.

Of course brings some interesting things into the job or make it easier to complete. Hey why not actually find a use for all the chems available.

I don't think doubling the TL requirements for ammo is necessary , it'd just cause upheaval and much Lomming. And essentially it'd just be selfish of me to cause that many people to suffer just because I think I should be the only one who should benefit from the skill because I have developed the skill that much more.

cRazy2003
09-01-04, 11:06
Make it so that freezer ammo is only SOLD in Tech Haven, and fusion ammo is only SOLD in twilight canyon...

the rest of the ideas is probs good but i seriously dont like that one .

Heavyporker
09-01-04, 20:31
well, may not be fun having the ammo be sold only in the places those weapons are sold.. * eh?? eh? * , but it'd go a long way in encouraging the construction of ammo (that's what ammoparts in crytons are for) and the cloning of them

anyways, it'd not really cause *that* much upheaval - most people just don't bother with recycle at all - either using just a mine outpost or a cstskill buff/glove to clone a batch of low TL ammo before forgetting about it until they get a bit low.