PDA

View Full Version : New Pluto characters

superfresh
08-01-04, 15:54
A friend and I made a couple of characters on Pluto, simply because we've played Saturn since we got the game and neither of us want to re-roll.

So far seems like a cool server - it's interesting when you see someone to know that that is their only char.

In any event, we are TG. Never been a TG. Where do TG's level at low-mid ranks? I just realized aggie cellars & MB are probably out of the question, as are many of the other places we would level on Saturn. Any guidance would be appreciated. :angel:

garyu69
08-01-04, 15:55
bah! Re-roll and go FA then Join eXo :)

Doesn't TG canyon have some Caves of some sort? And then there is CRP caves

superfresh
08-01-04, 15:56
Originally posted by garyu69
bah! Re-roll and go FA then Join eXo :)

We're FA on Saturn. We wanted everything to be different. :)

garyu69
08-01-04, 15:58
What is FA like on Saturn, never played there

Devils Grace
08-01-04, 16:06
they are getin organize atm
they were stong back in the days
now NAT is back but they are still week

come and take a look for ur self

superfresh
08-01-04, 16:08
What is FA like on Saturn, never played there

It's had issues. But some veteran players just joined and are shaping it up.

deac
08-01-04, 16:12
hmm tg for lowbies is kinda hard... but just go to nc and lvl in pp and outzone... none lvls there anymore soo you should have np

besides cm is kinda soft on pluto soo "maybe" mb.... unclanned ppl then do live longer here since your most likely not a alt of some one....

Welcome to pluto and hope you enoy your stay...

Strych9
08-01-04, 16:17
Originally posted by superfresh
it's interesting when you see someone to know that that is their only char.No offense, but

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Um, not quite. For a lot of people, yes thats the case. But for a lot of people, they have alts on separate accounts.

:)
In any event, we are TG. Never been a TG. Where do TG's level at low-mid ranks? I just realized aggie cellars & MB are probably out of the question, as are many of the other places we would level on Saturn. Any guidance would be appreciated. :angel: Hit the level 3 caves, and you go for quantity over quality.

Once you can no longer get worthwhile experience out of those, wander outside. Remember, mobs attack whoever does the most damage to them. You have TG guards at the very entrance to TG, and then more at the base of that tower. You can get sweet experience just wandering around that area around the tower, and finding low lever fire mobs, and luring them back to where the guards do most of the damage.

By the time you are able to outdamage the guards, you wont need them anyway.

Just avoid the biggies- Terror Raptors, Grim Chasers, Grim Prosecutors. You can handle Doomies okay, as long as you are very careful and avoid their Elvis Hand of Doom (their right hand).

While it is a BIT of a pain to have to jump from < mobs to ** mobs, in a lot of cases its a blessing. If you can figure out how to survive, you can level much faster than someone stuck having to deal with lesser mobs.

Good luck.

Rade
08-01-04, 16:23
Originally posted by Strych9
By the time you are able to outdamage the guards, you wont need them anyway.

Nothing outdamages guards nowadays and theyll fry any low
level fire mob faster than you can say gotterdammerung.

SeXy Happy
08-01-04, 16:23
Go into NC the backdoor way, and you can make your way to P1 and level in the aggies pits there. Most TG's I know of went PP, leveled in NC, then rebelled against the city and joined TG. Easier to level that way. ;)

superfresh
08-01-04, 16:25
Originally posted by Strych9

:)Hit the level 3 caves, and you go for quantity over quality.

...Thanks a lot. :) Are those the caves in TG HQ? Always wondered what was in those.

SeXy Happy
08-01-04, 16:31
Yeah, there are 3 levels, and then right outside of TG canyons are the higher level caves that are just like the chaos caves, just no queen, but same type of mobs are in there.

•Super|\|ova•
08-01-04, 16:31
Well, there are few places I have leveld at; Gabanium (at the same time you get good loot :) ), then there are few of those towers where mutants and aggies and cyclops and butchees and such like to hang out at and finally the OutZone Storagehalls.

I'm TG on Pluto also. If you need anything just DM me and I'll see if I can help you :) I hope you will like it. See you around.

//Edit: Oh, yeah.. my ingame name is Supernova :D

Strych9
08-01-04, 16:34
Originally posted by superfresh
...Thanks a lot. :) Are those the caves in TG HQ? Always wondered what was in those. Yeah. There is actually VERY LITTLE difference in the Level 1 and Level 3 caves in TG. The worst thing in all of those caves is the < Iguana. It spits blobs at you which seldom ever hit. That aside, it and the rest of the mobs in the caves are all melee mobs, so they are EASY to deal with. You can take missions for most of the mobs in the caves. Just make a few runs and pay attention to what seems more common.

Most caves have a large room at he end with a lot of spawns.

The caves are narrow, so splash damage stuff works well. These caves are identical to the chaos caves as well in terms of layout. Just stay out of the outdoor caves until you are bad. And I mean bad.

There are level 3 caves by the entrance to TG... and another set somewhere else in TG as well.

The OTHER problem you have starting out in TG is money- the mobs dont drop any sort of imps or anything good, so I would often do this-

At Yaegers there is a gogo, and the all-buyer guy that buys the limbs and stuff that mobs drop. Leave Yaegers (sorry if that spelling is wrong) and turn left. Run left and you will see some caves in front of you... level 2 I THINK. Those are handy for running through and saving the larger junk that the mobs drop in order to sell to the buyer by the gogo. Unless someone gives you money, this is a decent way to get it. Determine which junk has the best weight-to-selling price ration, and kill mobs until you are overweight with junk, then go sell it. :)

If the TG guards are that overpowered now, then yeah you should try to make for Neocron.

Duder
08-01-04, 16:57
Yeah everyone in pluto has at least 3 accounts, take me for example, i have 5 accounts so you see Pluto is just a expensive multi-char server LOLLOLOLOL.

ANYWAYS

If youre a TG you have 2 choices, either run to the Outzones and kill some mutants and butchees or those small bats in Outzone-6, or head over to TH and hit some crazy mobs down in the "cores".

garyu69
08-01-04, 17:04
Originally posted by Duder
Yeah everyone in pluto has at least 3 accounts, take me for example, i have 5 accounts so you see Pluto is just a expensive multi-char server LOLLOLOLOL. 5 accounts!!! Wow.

•Super|\|ova•
08-01-04, 17:06
Originally posted by Duder
i have 5 accounts

I bet you could spare me some of your money also :D

Rade
5 accounts!!! Wow.

Its duder. Sarcasm you know.

And its true, its actually a small minority on pluto that has several
accounts, but since most of the high level/high profile players
have em it seems like its common practice, its not however, far
from it.

Furion
duder has one acc...

and btw duder, u forgot the /sarcasm for the ones that didnt notice the LOLOLOLOLOL

•Super|\|ova•
08-01-04, 17:07
Originally posted by Furion
duder has one acc...

and btw duder, u forgot the /sarcasm for the ones that didnt notice the LOLOLOLOLOL

Hey!!! Don't make me look the way I really am... retard that is :lol:

Archeus
08-01-04, 17:12
Originally posted by SeXy Happy
Yeah, there are 3 levels, and then right outside of TG canyons are the higher level caves that are just like the chaos caves, just no queen, but same type of mobs are in there.

Ooh I remember spending hours as a newbie trying to walk from NC to Canyon (before I realised about NAVRAY or GR tagging) and when I got there I thought that cave was the entrance. I actually even got to see a couple of those minions before I died. :lol:

A lot of people have alternate accounts but not everyone plays them the same way as a 4 character server.

Actually one player I bumped into (who shall remain nameless), I think they had like 5+ other peoples accounts who were on holiday/away from game.

Strych9
08-01-04, 17:16
I you are a mid level tank, you can actually get pretty far through the caves if you get a lucky initial spawn... :) Same with droners. If you get lucky and NOT have a minion or two already staring at you when you zone in, if you take your time you can trudge through there even if you arent that bad. ;)

I remember the first time my tank made it through those caves solo. Lots of fusion cannon rounds and lots of medkits, and some Viper King armor.

--

Regarding the multiple accounts on Pluto- considering the whole point of a 1 char server is to have better accountability in roleplaying... so people cant PK in one char and support the PK char with a kinder, gentler peaceful alt for example... every second account on that server errodes the legitimacy of the RP.

At least on Saturn there is no pretense. o_O

•Super|\|ova•
08-01-04, 17:19
Originally posted by Archeus
A lot of people have alternate accounts but not everyone plays them the same way as a 4 character server.

Yup. Like me; I use my other account to do some experiments and just to play some different kind of characters and that way I'm just simply trying to get some interest back to this game. If it doesn't work then I'm out of NC after about 2 months :(

And the hardest thing in quitting is the community, your clan, your friends still playing NC and then it's harder to keep in touch with them if you quit :( But well, oh well... time will tell what happens o_O

Jest
08-01-04, 17:24
Yah most people I know dont have multiple accounts. My alternate PPU is basically only used for researching and hunting/leveling with people.

Thing is though, even though I have 2 accounts, I have access to 5. Friends and such, and I think thats the way a lot of Pluto is. Take BD clan BAD for example, they play on each others accounts so much I never know who is who. ;)