PDA

View Full Version : Trike / Vehicles

necrocon
08-01-04, 13:46
Okay first I like the trike I am working towards using it weather what I ask is done or not.

Missiles have the worse range ever I think on the trike other missiles shoot for ever expecialy drones I hear if you can target it you hit end of story *** I am not a droner or this would be about drones*** but I think the lock range should be a little better on the trike missiles

Next for vehicles that give cover like the 4x4 and revelor and I think the trike also gives cover shouldt that count as something for armor? on your character since the vehicles take damage that means its not hitting you right? when a mob like a chaser attacks he hurts me and the vehicle A LOT I did kill the chaser and the babies barely though I had to drive to cover a lot and I think I did some repairs while hidding not sure though healed and such

but since to efectively drive the vehicle i have to basicly not be a pistol user or rifle user therefore I am an HC PE couldnt some stuff be done regarding armor and lock of this vehicle

the 4x4 has a BIG metal thingy that interfears with vision....
what else does it do? great visual effect but thats it cant it get some loving I KNOW vehicles got a damage boost finaly so much that its hard to use just about any of them but I am a determined PE and I will use them maybe all of them even the rhino only + 20 str gun and drive hehe

When startin a PE it has a specific class called DRIVER I think
but vehicles have such high reqs that require nerfin a character cant you make it a little more worth it you put a lot into the vehicles I see that hence I will deal if you dont change it I guess till I get bored I am trying to use a pistol anyway so I will have 0 agility to use a lib and no where near cap damage on it guess its a last ditch effort not to die after my trike is in pieces

necrocon
08-01-04, 14:14
me and my silly long posts no one agrees with me?

necrocon
08-01-04, 14:31
dammit someone has to have a comment

L0KI
08-01-04, 14:34
I dont fully understand the point you are trying to make.

sorry. :(

t0tt3
08-01-04, 14:37
Originally posted by L0KI
I dont fully understand the point you are trying to make.

sorry. :(

Try babblefish.... hmm no sorry what do you want?

I would like some evil rare vehicle :D
And they should do more harm then a CS that would be cool!

necrocon
08-01-04, 14:51
Trike missiles should have longer range than a hand held missile or shoulder mounted missile

Any vehicle that has partial cover on it / takes damage should lessen the damage you take *** Example if you shoot a 4x4 for 4% damage each hit and you shoot player A for 200 damage when hes standing still if he is in the 4x4 behind that HUGE metal plate he should take say 1/2 to 3/4 damage and the vehicle take 1/2 to 1/4 damage

Instead of Both taking FULL hits since only x damage is dealt to either target how is full damage done to both vehicle and peeps

so my point is any vehicle should give some protection if it takes damage from the enemy fire

And the last refers to the PE There in some ways the prim class for driving since they never master Pistols Rifles HC Melee APU or PPU but there I think the only driver for the Trike and therefore can not use pistol or rifle efectively as a trike driver there left with HC as there only damage dealer

Thinking of that cant vehicles get an ammo storage compartment or a plain storage area at all? sort of like a mobile cabinet and if it were to blow up the parts get scatered? cause a PE cant get high HC and carry a lot of ammo at the same time :-p just full of ideas these days wish I could explain them right

necrocon
08-01-04, 14:55
Erm as to damage in some ways wouldnt a vehicle weapon do more damage than a hand / shoulder mounted weapon and not have to be skill 20000000 to use I mean vehicles have so many things that tehy can not do like go into town

*** Rhino enforcing the law in plaza 1 :-)

and maybe a vehicle that does more damage to.

The rhino has great armor though I had tupac chasing me once in my rhino all over MB zone he was hurting my armor but not to bad he got tired eventualy of costing me money (I was trying to get a friends belt he tried to fight when he was like rank 30 against tupac fool lol)

Well thanks for warning and bumpin me that was a while ago though now its a slight conversation thanks for the bump

GT_Rince
08-01-04, 15:02
Bumping your own thread and multiple posting one after another will earn you a closed thread and maybe even a warning - use the Edit button...

And, it is hard as hell to ready your threads. Use full stop and commas every now and then.

StrongSad
08-01-04, 15:54
Yea.....its called dictionary.com....

and spell checker...damn

msdong
08-01-04, 17:29
oh come on guys. he want a boost on VHC. he want protection to the driver and gunner as the "look"of the VHC implied.

the resist of VHC is not bad the last problem is damage output and player potection.

EDIT:
not shure on damage since some of the VHC are buged and i cant use it any more

-=z=-
08-01-04, 18:13
Thought I would share my experiences to give you something to think about...

I don't have enough vehicle to drive the Trike, yet.... I'm leveling repair first as this is needed to keep my vehicle in the field.

As a melee/HC PE I have used both the Reveler and the Rhino against Warbots. While it is cheaper to use the Reveler the protection from the Rhino is well worth it. I do make enough from killing Warbots to cover my repair costs at the ASG. And all the imps, rareparts, and C10s are pure profit.

The vehicle ammo is heavy, but it is cheap so recycling will help you cut down on how much you have to carry.

Even with enough melee to cap a Vien Ripper (batqueen arm helps here) and enough HC to use the Rhino gun (I think I have HC110) I still have enough str points to put into Transport to have around 50 free weight. I don't have any points in force resist as I have enough Str to use Duranit 4 armor. I have capped STR btw.

I did carry a Speed Gun for a bit, but I find the Vien Ripper to be an adequete weapon - I can solo WBs with it and enough Agility to outrun most runners.

Anyway, I agree that the Reveler should give more protection to the occupants of the vehicle. I think it does currently give some protection, but not enough.

Some vechicles should give better protection in relation to the vhc skill need to drive it. Hovers and bikes, no protection. Cars yes a little. 4X4 even more... Scorpion even more and the protection from the Rhino is great! Can't get much better than full protection:D. Not sure what the proctection from the APC is, but I suspect it gives full protection to the passengers.

Maybe if the Reveler had more occupant protection than the regular 4x4 it would be a nice epic bonus rather than the current higher hitpoints on the vehicle itself (and the low repair cost).

I can't speak about the trike yet, but I hope it is worthwile or is improved since it has the highest vhc requirment of all the current in-game vehicles.

StrongSad
08-01-04, 20:27
I meant to offense...jest little confused

necrocon
09-01-04, 09:30
The trike does good damage with the missiles.

I think all weapons to my knowledge do great damage

*I didnt think about melee since people still complain about it.

The questions here are about missile range for the trike, and about protection from vehicles.

I guess also about how vehicles take full damage and the player takes full damage.

*** one shot from a mob doing double damage, and possibly from other players as well.

Though not in paragraphs was this slightly more acceptable

*******Strong Sad does not insult people he is to busy being sad dammit get it right he is not a comedy act unless you are looking at him sheesh some people

You want to be a comedian be Strong Mad :-p