PDA

View Full Version : Apc Sucks

necrocon
08-01-04, 13:25
so I was driving to f 12 cause I didnt have the GR marked and it was actualy open for once in god knows how long

and 5 hits blew the APC up from a TG guard 5 hits thats all the armor the apc has

anyone know what APC stands for I know its armored something
wheres the armor

Finl
08-01-04, 13:27
apc should have a big ass armors :/

tuxy
08-01-04, 13:30
the apc is ok its the guards way too strong

necrocon
08-01-04, 13:32
I mean the gunner is not protected at all its
Armored Personel Carrier? that sound right? come one I know some of you are military help us out here

okay it does have huge glass shields I guess but there like some futurustic glass though

LOL see through metal

necrocon
08-01-04, 13:33
well the APC takes HUGE damage from the decayed horror also takes less I think from a grim chaser don quote me on that though

Fez
08-01-04, 13:34
apc in real life is lightly armoured most mid-high level bulet pass threw it, but there faster and more manuvable then tanks

necrocon
08-01-04, 13:36
erm well here there barely faster I think and uhmm manuvable whats that? in this game? the hover is sort of I think the driving system or whatever needs work the only way to get a halfway decent turn is to stop turn then go again :-p okay its not that bad

but a new vehicle engine might be nice altogether

garyu69
08-01-04, 15:53
I've taken more than 5 hits in the APC against a TG guy.

more like 15 +

Archeus
08-01-04, 16:10
APC can take a good pounding up until around 30 percent I find (for all crafts), after that you are on borrowed time.

TG guards however do a serious amount of damage. I'd hop out of the APC before it blows up or move more.

Unless your carrying a lot of people the APC is not the best way to go. I recommend the reveller or if you want good speed the wheeler (for passenger) or hovertec (for speed+cheap).

msdong
08-01-04, 16:24
i think its all within the magic damage type. TG do a big deal of force damage and decayed XXX too.

a fusion cannon can do a lot of harm, maybe the TG rifles too.

retr0n
08-01-04, 16:25
In the army i was on an APC (APC Gunner) and they are pretty
fast and manuvable but they cant take much punishment
(IRL that is)

edit: spelling

// Radium

msdong
08-01-04, 17:10
k, if we look closely we talk about the fattest cratures in the game. its like wondering why you leo2 tank cant stand 3 shots of a hellfire missile.

necrocon
09-01-04, 09:34
Garyu and Archeus I would like you to take me for a ride at say 7 hits from a guard I will pay for repairs I seriously ONLY took 5 hits and at the 5th one it went BOOM

Heck well take my APC and you pay me for a new one if it blows up

BombShell
09-01-04, 09:36
i thought apc had thr worst armor

Archeus
09-01-04, 10:25
Originally posted by necrocon
Garyu and Archeus I would like you to take me for a ride at say 7 hits from a guard I will pay for repairs I seriously ONLY took 5 hits and at the 5th one it went BOOM

Heck well take my APC and you pay me for a new one if it blows up

I just said TG's do insane damage. If you keep moving past the guards, do not ID the guards (as that triggers them to start shooting faster) and the person they are trying to kill jumps out all will stop you from blowing up.

shardl0r
09-01-04, 12:39
3 Facts:
TG guards are armed with fusion weaponry.
The longer a fusion projectile is in the air for, the more damage it does.
TG guards do insane damage at close range.

Therefore, if you argro TG guards and try to drive away, you get toasted, as more distance = more damage.

The only way to save your APC if you agro TG guards is to get out and die, and hope that they don't destroy your vec after your dead.

metalangel
09-01-04, 12:41
The APC doesn't seem to protect you from stuff the way the tank does... so what's the point? It's bad enough being ganked by an APU while driving your car, but being inside a huge armoured truck should give you some form of immunity...

El_MUERkO
09-01-04, 12:59
APC armour will stop all but high velocity armour penitrating 50 cal rounds from rifles like the Barret.

In game I think its just the boost to faction gaurds thats cauing the problem, I would like to see the gunner get some protection though,

Archeus
09-01-04, 13:13
APC offers 100 percent protection in game. It will die before you do.

As for TG guards, as I said don't ID as you drive by, and hug walls hills/etc to block the shots incoming.

Btw, most funny NPC to blow up my craft was the MC5 drones. They blew it up and killed me and the passenger, but then one walked over and sex'ed my corpse.

garyu69
09-01-04, 13:42
Originally posted by necrocon

Heck well take my APC and you pay me for a new one if it blows up We can try it if you like.

I remember going through loads of guards when i was TT, hehe, that was fun trying to do the Epic.

But yeah, give me a shout sometime in game and we can give it a go

Clownst0pper
09-01-04, 13:44
OK heres the deal, Kaolin is a driver/repairer thanks to a lovely pistol Kami chip..

Driving around with my Rhino, the TG gaurds are nothing short of rediculous, ill even go as far as to say the TH turrets are also..

A TH turret takes off 5% of a rhino every hit, and with its ROF ur rhino is soon fucked.

The TG gaurds sometimes take like 10/15% off my rhino, other times they do very little.

KK please sort it, as driving around nr CRP and TH is a fucking joke:mad:

Archeus
09-01-04, 14:14
You could always become an FA or TG. :p Or just stay the hell off our land. :p