PDA

View Full Version : bit miffed on rare part drop being tied to combat rank

Biznatchy
08-01-04, 07:17
Here is the deal I get my PE all setup to warbot hunt like mad. I used the TAR dreaming of when I could get the Pain Easer and really rake in the parts. Well here is the bad news I get my Pain Easer its sweet but my combat rank jumps to above 50 and now warbots only drop a rare part one in like 15+. So now my whole char is useless. I cant warbot hunt with my PE, due to its combat rank jump.

WTF

Spectra260
08-01-04, 07:18
my apu has a combat rank of 63** and i dont think my droprate is that bad..not all the time atleast...i think your just having some bad luck

Zanathos
08-01-04, 07:55
It does such, it really does. But there IS also the possibility that you are unlucky.

I've had times where id kill warbots non stop for maybe an hour or almost two with my 56 combat rank on my Pistol PE on pluto.

Sometimes he got 10 rare parts, sometimes he got 4, or 3. It really does vary.

I find hunting in a team to be better though, maybe just cause you kill em MUCH faster. As well, if you got a damn good hacker, warbots can be hacked in literally 9 seconds, believe me, I've done it many times :)

Biznatchy
08-01-04, 08:48
Ok talking to some people on the server there is this deal about a rare part pool. The more people on the server hunting rare parts decreses the chance of you getting a rare. Such as the more part found in a given time fram the lower the chance till some sort of reset on the rare part pool.

??????????????????????
WTF

Ok i have a few problems with this. I dont care if someone else on the other side of the map has been raking in parts all day I dont want that to stop me from getting my parts when I do get time to run out and hunt parts.

Can anyone confire or deny this idea, it it how the server really works.

jj dynomite
08-01-04, 08:54
The thing that bugs me is me getting a Grim Chaser down to a sliver of life and a TG guard hits it a couple of times and it in turn drops a peice of flesh or something.

BTW....i'm rank 72/49 ** droning right now. I hunted for a few hours tonight and out of about 10-15 mobs that have the ability to drop rares i got a big fat 0. I did get a veh comp 8 and a veh comp part 10.

but still...

Original monk
08-01-04, 10:28
i hunted about 60 parts last night with rank 79/50 ...

a few x2 parts, 1x 3 parts, lots of imps and tons of comps 10 that i trow on the ground cause i cant carry em :/

last week a ppu accidentally gave me a psicombatbooster3 ...

91/50 and still good parts :)

all examples where in warbots and warbot titans, no diffrence in the droprate between those 2 ..

Biznatchy
08-01-04, 10:28
Neocron is like getting 3 rabi's in a room and asking a question about the bible.

You get 4 diff answers.

Jeros82
08-01-04, 10:31
Rank should not be a matter in this point, but as you all should know, a soon as a Faction Guard start to interfeer with your fight your loot will become completly F*cked.

Drake6k
08-01-04, 10:40
I think my tangent epic pistol (when I cap again) gives me a combat rank of 55. I still got very good rare part drops with that rank.... as long as your not like 70+

Biznatchy
08-01-04, 10:47
Originally posted by Original monk
i hunted about 60 parts last night with rank 79/50 ...

a few x2 parts, 1x 3 parts, lots of imps and tons of comps 10 that i trow on the ground cause i cant carry em :/

last week a ppu accidentally gave me a psicombatbooster3 ...

91/50 and still good parts :)

all examples where in warbots and warbot titans, no diffrence in the droprate between those 2 ..

So your saying combat rank doesnt affect part drops at all. Did you mean to say 60 warbots or did you get 60 parts in one night. That seems insane.

SorkZmok
08-01-04, 11:09
i hunt warbots with a rank of 83/74. 92/70 when i run out of drugs. Still i get shitloads of rares. Well most of my time....sometimes i get at least 1 rare per warbot, sometimes i get 1 rarepart in 5 warbots.

ITS JUST FUCKING LUCK!

Original monk
08-01-04, 11:17
Originally posted by Biznatchy
So your saying combat rank doesnt affect part drops at all. Did you mean to say 60 warbots or did you get 60 parts in one night. That seems insane.

i dont say combatrank doesnt affect loot: cause when i kill an agressor i only get 1 chittin ...

but still with my rank 91/50 i still got tech drops ... , then i lowerd my rank with a flashlight back to the 79/50 i normally have and hunt with.
With this rank (79/..)warbots are considerd to low rank (they appear yellow in my rpos sheme) and warbot titans are considerd neutral/equal (they appear blue in my rpos sheme) but still i got pretty decent loot: like i told ya 1 even got 3 parts :) and alot of 2 parts in 1 wb :)

There was no diffrence between the warbots and titans, they both dropped atleast as good as the other ...

That was last evening: from 6.30 to 10.30 sharp : thats 4 hours continues: 60 parts
(and 1 lowtech 4x the same one :P, i didnt res em yet so i hope its 4 comps of psicore, probably there 4 frames of veinripper)

I dunno how much WB's i killed in total ... didnt count em, take about 1 drop every 3- 3,5 warbot but sumthimes dropping 2 parts so :)

My class is hybrid so i yust go stand in front of em and kill em pretty fast wich is fairly easy, when im buffed my holy heal sanctum outheals the WB's damage ya see.

On my riflecombatspy rank 82/70 i still get good techdrops from warbots and titans, not more, not less then i was rank 50/40 ...

Also when i use a ultimated tangent assault rifle to hunt for warbots instead of a disruptor my rank drops to 50ish and i dont get "more" parts then usual..

Im not shittalking here btw :) the ideal person for you to talk about combatranks and drops is eric draven, but 2 bad he left the forum a while ago ... he was tha pro :)

good luck on youre huntingtrips hehe

El_MUERkO
08-01-04, 12:42
When my APU was 45/46 he got 5 parts from 8 warbots, now hes gets 2 from 8.

necrocon
08-01-04, 13:21
there rare what do you want 10 parts for every kill

get a clue it happens sheesh now lets relax a little

if the drops where that bad then why would High ranked players be out there hunting them cause the drops are not that bad 15+ it must be cause your smoking something are you letting someone else hack for you or something

*** uhmm no wow no parts on that one either you sure are unlucky

t0tt3
08-01-04, 13:59
Its all random......

Only time the loot affects is when then name is gray = shit loot worth nothing...

I can hunt with my 74/63 APU and get 7 techs in 15 min or so sometimes 0 but shit happends its all random..

GT_Rince
08-01-04, 14:22
Doesn't seem bad to me at all.

I was hunting WB's with Majin last night. He drove the Rhine, while I gunned. My rank when gunning is 80/56 *** and I have hack rights. We were getting at least a 50% success rate with the WB's. A few imps, WP 10's and bones.

I'm happy :)

Mumblyfish
08-01-04, 14:51
Originally posted by Biznatchy
Ok talking to some people on the server there is this deal about a rare part pool. The more people on the server hunting rare parts decreses the chance of you getting a rare. Such as the more part found in a given time fram the lower the chance till some sort of reset on the rare part pool.

That. Is. Stupid.

It doesn't work like that.

Why WOULD it? It's just a rumour that some moron started. Unless a developer says it's true, it's simply the most ridiculous thing I hear coming out of people's mouthes on a daily basis. Well, that and "But a TL180 constructor MUST be better than a TL130 one. THE NUMBER'S BIGGER!", but that's another story.

Everything has a percentage chance of dropping. Simple as that.

Spoon
08-01-04, 16:23
I think rank doesn't effect what kind of loot drops(ie;TP's, Imps, junk and Poisenglands etc.), it effects how much loot drops overall from a mob.....

Say if your 55/55* and you kill a Warbot and you get 7, 8 or 9 differant loot items from one Warbot.
Then you up your rank to 66/55**, then you start getting less loot from the same Warbot, say 5, 6 or 7 differant loot items, instead of 7, 8 or 9, that results in a lesser chance of a TP dropping......

dbarnes
08-01-04, 18:08
it may be coincidence but my 65/** apu gets about double the rares that my 65/** pe gets, maybe its purely luck because i usually hunt about the same places and get lots more rares with my apu.

Breschau
09-01-04, 09:05
It is very very difficult to tell what, if anything (I suspect there's not anything) affects rare drop rates, simply because regardless of any other factors there is a HUGE random element.

With the same character, same equipment, same mobs, and same hunting zone, I could quite easily make two seperate runs, one netting an average of 1 part per warbot, the other getting no parts at all for 30 kills. All that leaves, besides dumb luck, is weird theories about the time of day or # of people online or how many parts have been harvested so far. And they'd be just that, [weird] theories.

Original monk
09-01-04, 10:04
warbots seems gray for me: i still get loot, good loot even :P

i lommed ppw yesterday so my rank popped up to 90/50 so i gonna check tonight if i still get techs from warbots and titans, ill post my results if its the same or if its a serieus decrease in parts or not ...

Clownst0pper
09-01-04, 14:06
I got shit loot as a rifle spy, get amazing loot as a pistol spy and PE.

Tanks loot? So so, got amazing loot as melee, now im heavy combat 58/66 (uncapped) its not so great:(

Maarten
09-01-04, 14:09
As long as your combat rank is below that of the mob you killed, you'll get maximum loot.

When your combat rank is a little higher (+5), you still get decent loot.

When your combat rank is a LOT higher (+25), the loot sucks.

Nothing else influences the drop rate.

Some fairytales I have heard are:
- Don't damageboost the mob, you'll get crappier loot
- Hack with more then 3 safe dots, you'll get better loot
- Kill them as fast as possible, you'll get better loot

As long as your combat rank is below that of the Warbies, it's TOTALLY RANDOM!!

Dont Mess
09-01-04, 15:37
ok my rifle pe is 79 combat rank i kill dpoomies and still get techs but wbs less techs. i drop my rank so the wb rank is red 2 me i get 2 techs every wb. its baffeling seen as doomies are 76/76