PDA

View Full Version : WTF is with the NCPD power armor nerf !!

Xard..
08-01-04, 06:00
I've been gone for about a month ...so this may be old news for some..but wtf is with the NCPD power armor nerf !! I just got back and was checking my cabs yesterday for missing crap, only to discover to my horror that my PA was nerfed by almost half!! WTF are you thinking KK ? You turned a great PA and a prized possesion to me, into a total piece of crap :mad: Before it was better than the PE PA 4 and now it's not even as good as the PE PA 2 ! Damnit KK...thanks for screwing me (and others) over ... :mad:

Xard..
08-01-04, 06:19
I just got back to neocron after being gone for about a month, so this may be old news to some , but i was checking my cabs yesterday for missing crap only to discover to my horror that my PA was nerfed by almost half !! WTF were you thinking KK ?! You took a great PA and a prized possesion of mine (and to others no doubt) and turned it into a worthless piece of crap !!:mad: Before i left , it was a better suit than that lobster looking PE PA4 ( which i was glad for, because not all of us like the the PE PAs ) , but now, it's worse than the PE PA 2 ! Damnit KK .... thx for screwing me (and others) over .......why can't you leave some things well enough alone .... :mad:

ZoneVortex
08-01-04, 06:23
I never saw anything about it bein nerfed :eek:

\\Fényx//
08-01-04, 06:27
I noticed it right away ... Made a thread on here, and it got closed coz i was a n0rty boy and i swore ..... alot ..... The PA was great as it was, good for PE's even if it did look fuckin shite, yet last time they nerfed it and we bitched, they changed it back, this time tho looks like its here to stay, now its THE most useless Epic reward next to a cypher helmet .....

Nash_Brigham
08-01-04, 06:54
Originally posted by Xard..
I've been gone for about a month ...so this may be old news for some..but wtf is with the NCPD power armor nerf !! I just got back and was checking my cabs yesterday for missing crap, only to discover to my horror that my PA was nerfed by almost half!! WTF are you thinking KK ? You turned a great PA and a prized possesion to me, into a total piece of crap :mad: Before it was better than the PE PA 4 and now it's not even as good as the PE PA 2 ! Damnit KK...thanks for screwing me (and others) over ... :mad: One, don't think this belongs in mod forum, two, cry me a rivber than build a bridge and get over it.

Lenard
08-01-04, 06:56
im working on a program that will highlight all the changes to the item def files so i can detect stealth nerfs ^___^ and hopefully shit like this wont go unnoticed imo

Original monk
08-01-04, 10:31
Originally posted by \\Fényx//
I noticed it right away ... Made a thread on here, and it got closed coz i was a n0rty boy and i swore ..... alot ..... The PA was great as it was, good for PE's even if it did look fuckin shite, yet last time they nerfed it and we bitched, they changed it back, this time tho looks like its here to stay, now its THE most useless Epic reward next to a cypher helmet .....

with the storage cell in OZ 1 on a proud 3rd place cause of the fact it doesnt have a genrep or citycom ...

Selendor
08-01-04, 11:33
I believe it was an accidental change. I'm sure I read a post by KK saying some armour was accidentally nerfed again, as it had been before. Look for it to be fixed in the next patch I should think (whenever that is).

FirestarXL
08-01-04, 11:51
Yes, this is totally the wrong forum, and regarding the PA thing, the monk PA was also broken (reset to an earlier state) with this patch, both should be fixed with the next one.

Siygess
08-01-04, 11:55
Indeed - it's mentioned in the patch facts thread, I believe.. so with any luck, we shall see the NCPD armour back to full strength.

Xard..
09-01-04, 05:43
i didnt mean to post this complaint here....my apologies

Marx
09-01-04, 05:45
cry me a rivber

http://dirtynuke.net/river.jpg

http://image.pathfinder.com/teenpeople/images/2002/fronts/stars/110802_justin.jpg

oh babeh, anutha' thread I get 2 show my sexynis.

the cardboard box suit will be fixed soon.

Benjie
09-01-04, 08:39
Originally posted by Marx
the cardboard box suit will be fixed soon.

Reakktor made an official statement about 3 weeks ago that yes, the ncpd power armour is infact made of 80% cardboard.

Xard, If kk changed power armour for whatever reason, you can bet your mummy that they didn't do it in order to 'screw you over'.

Lenard
09-01-04, 08:48
What are the stats of the "nerfed" PA and what were the stats of the original PA?

Lenard
09-01-04, 08:51
Wow Xard sure is pissed off. You should read patch notes and stuff before you open your mouth Xard. friggin A

Benjie
09-01-04, 08:56
WTF is with you starting 2 identical threads on the same subject?
http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&postid=1148948#post1148948
http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=86908

Gotterdammerung
09-01-04, 09:23
no matter how pissed you may think you are, do not start 2 threads moments apart on the same topic

Xard..
09-01-04, 10:31
As far as the conflicting posts go, i didnt mean to post in the mod forum, that was accidental, but as far as being mad about the nerf, i am a paying customer like everyone else , and i'm entitled to complain about something i think is unfair as much as anyone else. if you dont like it then you can f*ck off. I know KK didnt do the nerf because they intended to "screw me over" . that is merely a result of their actions. the nerf being in the patch notes still doesnt change my opinion about it being the wrong thing to do ...

Benjie
09-01-04, 10:39
I am sorry that people havn't been very understanding of your case, but next time try and approach the post in a more mature way. You will find you get a much better responce. A little advice, be a little more reserved on what you say, and when you do feel the need to say something negative, word it in a way that will make people want to read it and consider your point of view.

Xard..
09-01-04, 10:40
Keep your advice to yourself...i dont care.

Lenard
09-01-04, 10:51
You're fuggin retarded Xard, yelling at KK for a change that was unintended is stupid. Everyone else seemed to get the message.

http://www.bullshitjob.com/officespace/billlumbergh.jpg
Did you get the memo Xard? I'll go ahead and make sure you get it sent to you asap. And um... yeah.... we're gonna need you to go ahead and actually think before you post in the future... that would be great....

Edit- I just wanted to add that Xard we don't care about what you say either. The only reason that you are actually getting replies and views is that you baffle us with your imcompitence.

Its funny to see that you plug your ears when people talk yet you expect to be listened to.

Gotterdammerung
09-01-04, 10:53
Having a mom & dad that brought me up well prevents me from answering in a way you are probably more accustomed to, however act appropriately and with civility or please do not post at all

slaughteruall
09-01-04, 10:56
have you seen my stapler?

cRazy2003
09-01-04, 11:01
im pleased it is accidental anyways cos the NCPD armour really isnt in any way as good an epic reward as the others (like the reveler for example) but i hope KK come to a compromise soon anyways :D

Xard..
09-01-04, 11:49
well, getting people to hear sometimes requires a loud voice , which regardless of your peoples fragile sensibilities got you to pay attention, even if you dont care to listen. giving a crap about civilty doesnt accomplish any in this place. whatever your opinions on my rudeness are, im still getting my point across . if im not mistaken .. this is the second time the PA has been nerfed . Accidental ? i dont buy it...Just how many accidents does KK have in a month anyway. If they have this many probs with Neocron maybe they should try another line of work . As far as Lenard the forum trolls lame attempt at a flame ... im not loosing sleep over it. And as far as my rapp sheet goes ..you can shove it copbot.........and stop sending me stupid ass DMs

Gotterdammerung
09-01-04, 12:02
the single PM i sent you was done as a heads up for you, it's not something thats required and most other mods don't do it. Don't count on another one in the future as your attitude doesn't warrant it.

jernau
09-01-04, 16:15
Originally posted by Original monk
with the storage cell in OZ 1 on a proud 3rd place cause of the fact it doesnt have a genrep or citycom ...

Storage Dump is the worst. It has no value at all IMO. Though the cardboard box PA must be a close second now all classes have their PA.

Strych9
09-01-04, 16:20
Its been asked once already- but does anyone have the stats of the old NCPD PA and then the current stats, for a comparison?

I never used it before, but have it now, and it seems decent- so I guess I need to see a comparison.

phunqe
09-01-04, 16:27
OT: Office Space > all

J. Folsom
09-01-04, 16:49
Originally posted by Strych9
Its been asked once already- but does anyone have the stats of the old NCPD PA and then the current stats, for a comparison?

I never used it before, but have it now, and it seems decent- so I guess I need to see a comparison. I believe the old stats were the same as the the first Tank PA has (Obviously without the skill/stat bonuses/negatives), but I might be wrong.

Selendor
09-01-04, 18:10
CA PA was about the same as the second heavy PA, I think it was:

Requirement Str = 40 + CA Faction
Force = 45.8
Pierce =45.8
Energy=30.5

Generic Power Armour is generally more useful than it now though, because of the other boosts. I hope they fix it, but I guess there are other factions that don't have any epic rewards at all.

Mark my words though, we're going to see a lot more faction specific items in the future.

EDIT - looks like they've fixed it on the test server patch too. Haven't confirmed that personally though.

Benjie
09-01-04, 18:13
Originally posted by jernau
Storage Dump is the worst. It has no value at all IMO. Though the cardboard box PA must be a close second now all classes have their PA.
No, Black Dragon unarguabally has the worst epic reward.

Rai Wong
09-01-04, 18:16
I loved my CA PA, the nerf really sucks, my PE used to use that armor good stuff especially since now CA's epic is useless after the PA got nerfed.

jernau
09-01-04, 18:48
Originally posted by Selendor
Mark my words though, we're going to see a lot more faction specific items in the future.

I seriously hope not. Where did you hear that? They mentioned faction-specific vendors before but I've not seen anything more about faction-only items.

@benjie - ??

Benjie
09-01-04, 18:58
@benjie - ??
??

Black Dragon have the worst faction item. Hands down.

jernau
09-01-04, 19:00
Originally posted by Benjie
??

Black Dragon have the worst faction item. Hands down.

Currently they have the generic run. AFAIK we don't "officially" know what their Epic reward will be (unless I missed it).

Benjie
09-01-04, 19:02
Currently they have the generic run. AFAIK we don't "officially" know what their Epic reward will be (unless I missed it).
I'm scared of doing my BD epic run incase I'm stuck with the DOY raygun and the cyber helmet.

jernau
09-01-04, 19:03
I'm scared of doing my BD epic run incase I'm stuck with the DOY raygun and the cyber helmet.

You won't be. They said the Epic flag will be reset when the proper run arrives.

Morris
09-01-04, 19:05
No, Black Dragon unarguabally has the worst epic reward.

Doesn't BD get the DoY raygun? I think that is actually quite nice (although I believe it does degrade and drop, which it shouldn't until the real reward is put in).

40$Poser
09-01-04, 19:12
Originally posted by Lenard
You're fuggin retarded Xard, yelling at KK for a change that was unintended is stupid. Everyone else seemed to get the message.

http://www.bullshitjob.com/officespace/billlumbergh.jpg
Did you get the memo Xard? I'll go ahead and make sure you get it sent to you asap. And um... yeah.... we're gonna need you to go ahead and actually think before you post in the future... that would be great....

Edit- I just wanted to add that Xard we don't care about what you say either. The only reason that you are actually getting replies and views is that you baffle us with your imcompitence.

Its funny to see that you plug your ears when people talk yet you expect to be listened to.

LOL

http://www.io.com/~dork/pics/misc/mr-t.gif

It'll probably be fixed or whatever so just don't go whacko or you'll end up like jacko...

http://www.mugshots.com/IMAGES/Mugshot__michael-jackson.jpg

Benjie
09-01-04, 19:17
(As long as he's innocent....)
Man Micheal Jacksons cool!........

But this is what a real musician looks like.
http://www.falls.igs.net/~pyunker/trent.gif
Anybody who doesn't know who this is instantly gets added to my KOS.

Marx
09-01-04, 19:18
Anybody who doesn't know who this is instantly gets added to my KOS

Isn't that Judas Preist?

Or Van Halen..

No, Metallica!

new nin album due out this year

Benjie
09-01-04, 19:19
Isn't that Judas Preist?

Or Van Halen..

No, Metallica!
ARGH!!! YOU DIE NOW MARX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

40$Poser
09-01-04, 19:19
is that yanni?

lol, kos me

Benjie
09-01-04, 19:21
Originally posted by 40$Poser
is that yanni?

lol, kos me
kos you.

OMG it's trent reznor stfu noobs.

new nin album due out this year
I....actually..... didn't.....know......that.......

Selendor
09-01-04, 21:26
I seriously hope not. Where did you hear that? They mentioned faction-specific vendors before but I've not seen anything more about faction-only items.

@benjie - ??

I've heard a few things.

Consider this

1) DoY is realeased, certain factions will have the free run of this superior new area.

2) Everyone moves to those factions or creates alts to check it all out

3) Or do they? Because KK make pro-city factions just as appealing by giving them certain advantages.....

Ascension
16-01-04, 19:26
Edited cos its been moved :)

Ascension
16-01-04, 19:48
or not? its on both forums?

g0rt
16-01-04, 21:36
A but of a late entry in this thread but anyhoo...

Yeah I noticed this too. What gives? So its only TL40 I know...but in ALL honesty, only cityadmin can wear it...cityadmin, for some reason, has always seemed to be a struggling faction. I really don't see why CA players shouldn't get a great piece of armor. In my opinion it should give UBER energy resist...like 30-40 in that area...why? Because the wearer is giving up PA in order to wear it...aka giving up points in his primary combat skill, and alot of resists...so he should get something GOOD back.

Strych9
16-01-04, 21:40
If we are contributing to this, let me point this out as well-

CURRENT NCPD PA stats makes it the same as Duranit3 basically- the CA PA is a tad better in terms of force/pierce and a tad worse in terms of energy resist. But once you get to Duranit4, the NCPD is pointless.

That only becomes a huge deal if you compare weights- NCPD weighs over 15, Duranit weighs over 4.

????

Now if it was boosted to what someone said it used to be- like 45ish f/p and 30ish energy, that would make it worthwhile certainly.

Shadow Dancer
16-01-04, 21:41
if I was a CA player I would complain more about the ugly appearance of the armor than it's stats. :D

J. Folsom
16-01-04, 21:46
It's already known that the "nerfed" NCPD PA is actually a bug. It's been fixed on the test server. It's just to wait until the test patch makes it into retail.

steweygrrr
17-01-04, 15:06
Originally posted by Xard..
As far as the conflicting posts go, i didnt mean to post in the mod forum, that was accidental, but as far as being mad about the nerf, i am a paying customer like everyone else , and i'm entitled to complain about something i think is unfair as much as anyone else. if you dont like it then you can f*ck off. I know KK didnt do the nerf because they intended to "screw me over" . that is merely a result of their actions. the nerf being in the patch notes still doesnt change my opinion about it being the wrong thing to do ...

Its an item
In a game
approximately 200-400kb worth of data?
Not real
GET OVER IT!

jernau
17-01-04, 15:56
Originally posted by steweygrrr
approximately 200-400kb worth of data?

Even MySQL isn't that inefficient.;)