PDA

View Full Version : Sick of Nothing being done? Long Post Ideas, Look Here!

MrBane
08-01-04, 02:09
A long, long conversation in the GM Chat. Heated and long winded, but many valid points put across.

Many points.

Have you ever made a post, two or three, ten or twelve pages long, and never seen anything come of it?

I'm not talking Nerf posts. I'm talking detailed, concise, explained threads about how to improve something? I know I have, I know dozens of you have.

Here it is.

Research Focus Group.

Sounds crap eh? Well, here's how it's going to work.

Those that volunteer, we will trawl these Forums as far back as we can, we will get every post that's been like mentioned above. We will take it, refine it, work it, and work it some more. We'll look at how to improve it, adapt it, alter it, implement it.

Then, once it's done, I will take it to a group of GM's and Moderators. There it will be thrashed over some more.

Once that is done, it gets taken to the powers that be.

I can promise all those stages will be achieved. Right now, I'm very emotional and worked up.

Neocron is a great game.

Neocron could be the best game out there.

I want people that want to do this. It's not going to be a push over. It's going to be long hours of discussing in IRC, or MSN, or ICQ, or something.

We're going to do it though. We're going to give Reakktor finished products that can be worked with.

So for everyone that's ever had a long, detailed post ignored, get your ass in here and get your name up.

Email me: Maloch.Octavia@Neocron.com and we can get the group organised.

I can promise you, that the finished results of our efforts, will be given directly to the people that can make changes.

Lets get this show on the road!!

Sealdude
08-01-04, 02:16
All I can say is sign me up!

IceStorm
08-01-04, 02:16
Once that is done, it gets taken to the powers that be.
Like all of Callash's droner perk ideas?

I can promise you, that the finished results of our efforts, will be given directly to the people that can make changes.
Like all of Callash's droner perk ideas?

Good luck. :-)

shockr
08-01-04, 02:22
I'd love to help with this. But I'm not sure how much I can commit to dealing with it. To be honest, of late I've seen a rapid decline in roleplay, dispite my efforts, and the goals of the factions have become so blurred with most players that I'm losing interest.

If I can help with the ideas for tradeskillers and roleplay. Call on me.

MrBane
08-01-04, 02:40
Big thanks to those that have replied in Email and PM so far.
The team is being formed as we speak, with the first few members discussing details.

Keep it coming!

Zanathos
08-01-04, 03:17
Just so ya all know, I am the first to join.

OWNED!

Sealdude
08-01-04, 04:58
I think im 3rd. Yey me!

Shadow Dancer
08-01-04, 18:39
MrBane I pmed you.

Zanathos
08-01-04, 18:48
he should be working... i think he said.... 14 hour shift rigt now so dont expect replies for at least 5 hours, assuming he doesnt go to bed right away after.

Shadow Dancer
08-01-04, 18:50
Cool. Btw is that you in your avatar?

LTA
08-01-04, 18:51
Originally posted by Shadow Dancer
MrBane I pmed you.

me to

Zanathos
08-01-04, 18:57
Yes it is, why do you ask? You wish to make fun of how hideous I look?

There ARE limited positions as we dont want this to be a big team.

Id like to get Q'Aoolith and Quantim Delta, but its not up to me :)

There good for this sort of thing id say.

LTA
08-01-04, 19:06
I do have 1 question tho
why you have to do this i always thought the purpose of brainport was for this exact thing....
If the devs ignore bp.... then they will prolly ultimately ignore you, or was we all along lied to about the brainport and it was just a provision for slapping ideas in to make us feel slightly better that we aired our idea...

i ain't putting down the idea or anything but it just makes me wonder at the point of ever posting ideas in bp in the first place....

Zanathos
08-01-04, 19:11
ReaKKtor DOES pay attention to the brainport, but not as much as you may like to think they do.

The reason why this will work out much better is.

MrBane is apart of NeMa so he already has SOME dealings with Neocron

MrBane sends us ideas.
We mould these ideas into shape.
MrBane sends our refined ideas to GM's
The GM's have agreed to look them over, and make comments if they feel the need to.
Then it is sent back to MrBane, we work through them again.
MrBane sends them to Snowcrash, which has listened to him in the past about some things which ARE or GOING TO be changed in Neocron.
Then Snowcrash shows it to the ReaKKtor team, ideas that have been pounded out, moulded, refined, touched up on, then colored and sold to ReaKKtor where they have a much more useable idea that has been thought through carefully and is completly valid to be added to Neocron.

I'm pretty sure that ReaKKtor knows of our existance, but hey, I'm just a guy he recruited :)

LTA
08-01-04, 19:39
Originally posted by Zanathos
ReaKKtor DOES pay attention to the brainport, but not as much as you may like to think they do.

The reason why this will work out much better is.

MrBane is apart of NeMa so he already has SOME dealings with Neocron

MrBane sends us ideas.
We mould these ideas into shape.
MrBane sends our refined ideas to GM's
The GM's have agreed to look them over, and make comments if they feel the need to.
Then it is sent back to MrBane, we work through them again.
MrBane sends them to Snowcrash, which has listened to him in the past about some things which ARE or GOING TO be changed in Neocron.
Then Snowcrash shows it to the ReaKKtor team, ideas that have been pounded out, moulded, refined, touched up on, then colored and sold to ReaKKtor where they have a much more useable idea that has been thought through carefully and is completly valid to be added to Neocron.

I'm pretty sure that ReaKKtor knows of our existance, but hey, I'm just a guy he recruited :)

Then why is it just a limited team.... surely people who created the idea would like to see how people are "refining" it etc... just wondering thats all.
Maybe you should setup a forum and basically put the idea initially down and begin to refine with all those that volounteer or sign untill you get the final or something, i just find it slightly mad that say one of my ideas can be taken, changed etc then put in and at that maybe in some other way i didn't want etc...

Leebzie
08-01-04, 19:42
Originally posted by MrBane
Neocron is a great game.

Neocron could be the best game out there.

Absolutely right, ill think about volunteering...

Judge
08-01-04, 19:59
I've emailed you MrBane :)

This is the attitude to Neocron that I really like :D

Zanathos
08-01-04, 20:04
Originally posted by LTA
Then why is it just a limited team.... surely people who created the idea would like to see how people are "refining" it etc... just wondering thats all.
Maybe you should setup a forum and basically put the idea initially down and begin to refine with all those that volounteer or sign untill you get the final or something, i just find it slightly mad that say one of my ideas can be taken, changed etc then put in and at that maybe in some other way i didn't want etc...

No no, its limited in the sense that we dont want the team to be absolutely huge. Like maybe 10 to 30 people. The real limit isnt up to me, its up to MrBane.

What we basically will do, is look through the entire history of the brain port, take all those ideas, and put them into text documents, ideas that of course are no longer relevant are tossed aside and ideas that are worth working on and getting implemented into Neocron are kept in these text documents to work on.

I think MrBane has already done that.

As well as, we find ways to improve something that is already in Neocron, or add new things into Neocron.

As an example, yesturday the few that joined, we talked about Faction sympathy, about Soul Light, about Safe zones, monitored zones, unmonitored zones, and warzones. As well as a bounty system for bad runners and about how to balance good and bad runners so that both are desireable in a way to be. And we talked about ways how NPC and shoping vendors could be affected by your soul light. Probably a few other things too.

All of this in about 2 hours.

I wouldnt mind if my idea was taken, then moulded into something that is not the original idea but is better. Or your idea may not seem pratical so we change it to allow it to be properly implemented.

We thought of throwing these things into the forum to see what everyone else sais but we decided not to.

There is plans for a web site and there is also plans to have some kind of server where at any time, we may access it, take files, upload files, etc...

Zanathos
08-01-04, 20:06
No no, its limited in the sense that we dont want the team to be absolutely huge. Like maybe 10 to 30 people. The real limit isnt up to me, its up to MrBane.

What we basically will do, is look through the entire history of the brain port, take all those ideas, and put them into text documents, ideas that of course are no longer relevant are tossed aside and ideas that are worth working on and getting implemented into Neocron are kept in these text documents to work on.

I think MrBane has already done that.

As well as, we find ways to improve something that is already in Neocron, or add new things into Neocron.

As an example, yesturday the few that joined, we talked about Faction sympathy, about Soul Light, about Safe zones, monitored zones, unmonitored zones, and warzones. As well as a bounty system for bad runners and about how to balance good and bad runners so that both are desireable in a way to be. And we talked about ways how NPC and shoping vendors could be affected by your soul light. Probably a few other things too.

All of this in about an hour or two.

I wouldnt mind if my idea was taken, then moulded into something that is not the original idea but is better. Or your idea may not seem pratical so we change it to allow it to be properly implemented.

We thought of throwing these things into the forum to see what everyone else sais but we decided not to.

There is plans for a web site and there is also plans to have some kind of server where at any time, we may access it, take files, upload files, etc...

LTA
08-01-04, 20:11

It wasn't that in that sense i mean, but what i am saying is people might wanna see how their idea is being changed or adjusted.
i for one would want to see what kinda of adjustments/tweaks etc you were suggesting for my idea as it may just fall of from what may have been the intention originally or away from the vision that was had...

Tratos
08-01-04, 20:15
MrBane, i'd love to be of assistance, as i cant get enough of this game and would love to contribute to it.

Check your Pms

~Tratos

Zanathos
08-01-04, 20:25
Well LTA, talk to MrBane then.

If im correct, he wont be home for another 2 to 4 hours.

Thats IF im correct.

\\Fényx//
08-01-04, 20:29
Empty your PM box jackass :p

Sign me up

I doubt QD's gonna get involved, doesent play anymore :\

lullysing
08-01-04, 20:30
Man, i've done posts like these a long time ago, and some things were changed ( i remember my post beta4 private beta droner post ). I've even done events for this game. So you could say i've been involved before.

I would love to help.

Judge
08-01-04, 20:31
Originally posted by \\Fényx//
I doubt QD's gonna get involved, doesent play anymore :\

Yeah, tis a shame. There was a guy who really vouched for balance :)

Zanathos
08-01-04, 20:33
I can maybe convince Quantim Delta.

and fenyx.

I SAID that he probably wont even be home for another 2 to 4 hours.

Even then, he may not look at them cause he may go straight to sleep.

He stayed up late, got like... 3 to 5 hours sleep, and hes working a 14 hour shift right now.... or was it 12... maybe 16... but a damn long shift at work so.... yeah.

\\Fényx//
08-01-04, 20:33
Originally posted by Judge
Yeah, tis a shame. There was a guy who really vouched for balance :)

I like 'some' of your ideas but I think your stuck in the same boat that QD was stuck in, and thats that PEs should get everything :p QD was very bias at times, tho least he thought about all the classes as do you, however with PE's their the most self sufficient class, nothing wrong with that, their use is limited during OP wars however, what pisses me off are the PE's that are permastealthed vermin, pull off 1 shit, then stealth thinkin their the shit cause you cant kill em .....

Judge
08-01-04, 21:01
Originally posted by \\Fényx//
I like 'some' of your ideas but I think your stuck in the same boat that QD was stuck in, and thats that PEs should get everything :p QD was very bias at times, tho least he thought about all the classes as do you, however with PE's their the most self sufficient class, nothing wrong with that, their use is limited during OP wars however, what pisses me off are the PE's that are permastealthed vermin, pull off 1 shit, then stealth thinkin their the shit cause you cant kill em .....

Well alot of people are bias towards their own classes.. I try not to be, maybe it looked moreso recently as I have been defending PEs against nerf posts but I truely believe that there are only a few balance issues that need to be sorted atm and that PEs deserve no boosts.

Oh might I also add that I really want to be involved in this group. A chance to effect Neocron for good... and evil MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH... *cough*. Yeah, sorry about that. :eek:

Maarten
08-01-04, 21:12
Here are a couple of my ideas:

A simple relog shortcut:
http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=74427

Some small but important things:
http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=70825

Team window upgrade:
http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=64556

MrBane
09-01-04, 01:18
Greetings all!!

Can I just say, the response has been fantastic!! I've recieved dozens of PM's and dozens of emails.

Now, I'll need to unfortunately make a few trimmings, as we don't want this group to scale out of control.

It'll be split into two groups, with at least five per side.

The one thing that quite a few people mentioned, and showed I hadn't made things clear enough.

This is not a discussion group about Nerfs and Balances.

This group will deal with feature implementations and alterations, from something obscure such as Runner Mailboxes, right through to Soul-Light alterations.

We're not here to discuss damage percentages and suchlike, that's very much a Community orientated thing.

However, those whos emails have been accepted, I've added you to my MSN list. So if you have MSN, please send me your email for that and I'll add you.

:D

A basic outline of the defined plan of action for the RFG is this:

We scour the Brainport, and take ideas that have a foundation to them.
We create a file for that post, and then make a new file, with the revised vision. This revised vision is created after debate on the subject.
The revised vision is then read by several RFG members, and re-worked if needed.
I then take it to a voluntary GM group, whom are willing to read the end results.
I then take the file on to various people that can make changes, if they are good ideas.

So we are basically handing them finished products, which should have all the flaws removed, and which will be noticed.

As I said, it is a lot of work, but lets see what we can achieve eh?
All signs are positive so far!

\\Fényx//
09-01-04, 01:38
Originally posted by MrBane
Greetings all!!

Can I just say, the response has been fantastic!! I've recieved dozens of PM's and dozens of emails.

Now, I'll need to unfortunately make a few trimmings, as we don't want this group to scale out of control.

It'll be split into two groups, with at least five per side.

The one thing that quite a few people mentioned, and showed I hadn't made things clear enough.

This is not a discussion group about Nerfs and Balances.

This group will deal with feature implementations and alterations, from something obscure such as Runner Mailboxes, right through to Soul-Light alterations.

We're not here to discuss damage percentages and suchlike, that's very much a Community orientated thing.

However, those whos emails have been accepted, I've added you to my MSN list. So if you have MSN, please send me your email for that and I'll add you.

:D

A basic outline of the defined plan of action for the RFG is this:

We scour the Brainport, and take ideas that have a foundation to them.
We create a file for that post, and then make a new file, with the revised vision. This revised vision is created after debate on the subject.
The revised vision is then read by several RFG members, and re-worked if needed.
I then take it to a voluntary GM group, whom are willing to read the end results.
I then take the file on to various people that can make changes, if they are good ideas.

So we are basically handing them finished products, which should have all the flaws removed, and which will be noticed.

As I said, it is a lot of work, but lets see what we can achieve eh?
All signs are positive so far!

Okies :) Like I said above im up for that, anything to get listened to for once :p

Tratos
09-01-04, 01:38
I've emailed you on the given address.

~T

Shadow Dancer
09-01-04, 02:38
MrBane if you don't accept someone, will you PM them to let them know?

Heavyporker
09-01-04, 20:35
I've emailed Mrbane as well.

Maarten
11-01-04, 23:14
Yes, it would be nice to know what happens to our ideas. MrBane, Please mail or PM the people who came up with the ideas to let them know what the result is of your debate.