PDA

View Full Version : Parts that hate you!

bounty
08-01-04, 01:35
I figure that since i started playing, i have had probably at least 5000 parts researched and of all of those I have never once had a liberator part. And yes, I do all of my own researching, always have. That, and I have never had a silent hunter part ever. Any parts out there that you feel you are cursed against getting them?

robinitnow
08-01-04, 01:38
the liquid plasma rifle. I have had over 20 made and I have not got one good one yet no mater the level of the con o_O

that and the CR2032 battery

greendonkeyuk
08-01-04, 01:38
sf parts, tech in particular, i waited 2 months to get my first one made. :mad:

MjukisDjur
08-01-04, 01:43
Now that you say that... I never ever got a libby part

Got 10 SF out of 100 though the last time I bothered hunting :)

Wellard
08-01-04, 14:58
I always find that I have the most trouble finding the rares that I want most!!

Bounty mentions that he was looking for libby parts, but in the last 3 weeks, I've found and traded 3 libby parts. The problems is, I wanted apu rares, been getting 20 or so rares a night.

I recently got the last part for my Holy Lightening, after 3 months of trading, and mob killing. I'm still looking for the last part to my Holy Pestilence, even after 3 months of forum threads (ingame), trading, mob killing, begging, sexing ;)

This is even though i had a couple of cabs full of rares to trade all the time!

I'm not moaning, just an observation in the spirit of the thread!

Do you think there was a stealth patch, that checks your inventory, then keeps those last rares just out of reach? :lol:

Or is this why they're called rares? ;)

Or maybe I'm just paranoid :p

Nightbrother
08-01-04, 15:28
OT: The opposite happened to me once I ressed for MjukisDjur. Before I started ressing, he said to please get him SH parts. Out of the 10-12 parts I did, 4 were Silent Hunter parts. That was crazy. Mjuk was happy, weren't you, Mjuk? :D

Warlogis
08-01-04, 15:48
Most annoying part for me atm is Redeemer's frame ... For last 2-3 mouths we collected more then 6 of each type of parts except this one! :mad:

superfresh
08-01-04, 15:59
MC5 parts. Have gotten one in 3 nights of runs. :(

Stigmata
08-01-04, 16:07
never really noticed a part that ihave had a lack of.

but i personally have built 5 libby's and i know rizzy had a shit load made, but they all ALWAYS come out un-slotted.

last 10 rares built

3 slot CS
4 slot cath sanc
4 slot anti-poison
2 slot tss
4 slot anti-buff
4 slot rog
5 slot rog
0 slot libby
0 slot libby
0 slot libby

now i refuse to build libby's

i mean ffs its TL91 or something shitty low like that.

it should be 5 slot everytime

Spoon
08-01-04, 16:29
Every time I res an Electric Tempest part, I want to set /set_killself 1.......

Oddly enough, I don't seem to get any SS parts on Saturn, it's something I need at the moment..

CerealKiller
08-01-04, 16:32
Parts that hate me.... Dimension Splitter....

Vampire222
08-01-04, 16:52
Devourer comp... everyone hates that part

ZoneVortex
08-01-04, 16:59
i was very fortunate with my pistol PE...almost always got what i wanted, almost never got melee or drone rares muhaha

out of this one awesome batch of70 or so i believe i got around 9 SF parts, 3-4 lib parts, 3 or so judge parts, 4 (one duplicate) ray of last hope part, rest were all APU rares or decently valued tank rares.

but then again...sometimes you get a batch that's like

PARTICLE NEMESIS core x3
PARTICLE NEMESIS frame x2
PARTICLE NEMESIS hull
REVENGE frame x4
Blade of Ceres tech x3

you get the idea

Kain
08-01-04, 17:18
hi all,

I was convinced for a while that the server could "see" what rares I had and therefore only give me parts I already have.

Spent nearly 2 months trying to get hold of a PE - tech. Eventually traded for it with Eric Draven. Needless to say when I had it built it was a shite 2 slot.

So last night (3 months after finally getting the tech part) I was referencing my rares app, since my paper records are out of date. Discovered I had 3 PE - tech's which I must have farmed since then.

I spend a lot of time, on Uranus, as my character OddJobs trading rares. In the last month alone I must have completed the following, all of which required some trading:

Marine x2
SF x2
SS x2
Special Riggers x3
Psi-Core x3
Judge x3 ( 2x 1 slot and a 2 slot)
ROLH x3 (2x 2 slot and a 3 slot)
Excecutioner x2 ( 1x 0 slot, 1x 1 slot)
Disruptor x2 (1x 1 slot 1x 2 slot)
Slasher
Healing Light x2 ( 0 slot, slot)
Redeemer x 2 ( 2 slot, 4 slot)
Silent Hunter ( 1 slot)
ROG ( 2 slot)
Devourer - YEAH built on monday - 2 slot but with ultima is (118 /120 /120 /120 ) - 1 slot free!!
CS x2 ( 1 slot, 3 slot)
Male x2 (1 slot, 2 slot)
Doomie x3 ( 1 slot . 2 slot, 3 slot)
Moonie x3 ( 1 slot, 2 slot, 4 slot)
Holy Anti-buff x2 ( 0 slot, 3 slot)
Holy Lightning x3 ( 0 slot, 1 slot, 2 slot)
Fire Apoca x2 ( 0 slot, 3 slot)
Holy Pest ( 4 slot)
Holy Thunderstorm ( 2 slot)
Holy Firestorm (3 slot)
Holy Cath Sanctum ( 3 slot)
Holy true sight sanctum (2 slot)
Psi-Ulitma x4
Hvy Ultima x4
Conster machina
Ress machina x2
Rep machina x2
Imp machina x2

plus some drones and slot-poo enhancers....

Not too bad bad for a clan of 3 people who dont power play.

Over time I have come to the conclussion that all parts must get dropped. (laugh if you want but there have been times I was convinced otherwise).

We all know that there are a number of "uber" rares that everyone wants. So, of course, these are harder to trade for (as everyone tends to hang onto them).
But also within the parts needed for these rares there are always one or two which seem particularly difficult to get hold of. Normally in an evening I always get more requests for these parts ( in the last few weeks ).

SF - core
CS - Frame
Devourer - frame, core
PE - tech / core
Holy Lighting - frame

Oh and as a general rule, if I dont need one of these "special" parts I either have no problem finding it or finding someone willing to trade it!!

regards,

Kain

Send me an email ( oddjobs ) if you are having trouble finding a part on Uranus ( NO MC-5 or Devourer atm. First cos I never been there { yet }, second cos I just completed it. )

Server - Uranus - Clan - << SoL >>
Characters:
Th0r - Clan leader - capped non-tech rifle PE
OddJobs - rares researcher and trader.
Carnival - APU - rares collector.
Joshua Kain - Conster / Droner who hasnt droned for 9 months.

Original monk
08-01-04, 17:45
comp of psicore and hull of devourer ...

atp if first love ...

atp of FA ...

also i made about 200 first loves in the past year: only 1x3 slots was the max i had: ultimamods where non-existent then :) or unfindable ...

so i yust bought a 4 slotter :P

same with SH .. but made a 4 slotter 2 weeks ago myself so im happy

angeldustbe4 made uncountable amount of cursed souls ... always shitslots, every constrer, every technique, nothing helped, so he also bought a 4 slotter :P much cheaper :)