PDA

View Full Version : Spiderbots are bugged?

phunqe
07-01-04, 23:45
Spiderbots was mentioned in another thread just now, but I sensed a bit of off topic wandering so I thought it will better to start a new thread to get some attention from KK :)

Spiderbots are seriously screwed up.

Sometimes it takes me around 30 (yes a 3 and a 0) jabs with my capped DG on my melee tank. They go down to like 25% HLT in normal pace, but then they just stop taking damage. Then after about 20 more hits it finally dies. Is it just me or did I miss some bug listed somewhere...

Anyone? :p

Archeus
07-01-04, 23:49
Latest patch they were souped up. Very annoying now.

ElfinLord
08-01-04, 00:20
I haven't really had any problem with spider bots myself. :)

It is a pain in the ass that they move so damn fast and they have the sickest range.

Aside from that, I think they are fine. ;)

IceStorm
08-01-04, 00:31
Sometimes it takes me around 30 (yes a 3 and a 0) jabs with my capped DG on my melee tank.
I've noticed that single-shot weapons (sniper rifle, Lightbringer 2) do not kill most things in a single blast, even if that blast is greater than/equal to the damage dealt by a burst weapon (Tangent Epic rifle). I've also noticed that multiple impacts take a while to register. Usually I'll empty a clip into a monster, then while reloading its health bar catches up (happens most of the time with Warbots).

Have you tried swiping a few times, then stopping and waiting to see if the health bar catches up? If you're capped and have a capped RoF, you're probably dealing out more damage than the engine can track, so it's getting lost in the system, as it were...

Jest
08-01-04, 00:43
Bad damage? No. Shooting at me from practically the entire zone away when I didnt even walk past them? Yes. They are the bane of my existence. Ill be walking along and then suddenly start getting tagged from out of no where.

Tank!
08-01-04, 00:55
They were bugged on the test server but I figured in the next patch they fixed em, I guess instead of that they jacked em up.

Oh well, gg testing, gg...

naimex
08-01-04, 01:22
make them do more dmg !! spiderbots suck..

Ascension
08-01-04, 01:25
Originally posted by naimex
make them do more dmg !! spiderbots suck..

That happens they need a rank raise;)

They rip through monks if your not carefull.. not to mention you dont here em cos they fire though half the zone.. so half the time you dont know your being hit:eek:

rob444
08-01-04, 01:53
Same with rats when you are a low lvl. When they run away from you and you hunt them with the knife, trying to run after them and you hit, you dont actually hit on the server because the rat is 5 meters away from you serverside. I think that fast mobs are hard to kill since the clientside and serverside have a big problem to co-operate with eachother when it comes about positioning.

JiNxY
08-01-04, 10:48
These things are a nightmare for me, even when your drones like a mile up they still see it and start to attack.. with the new super fast gun they have my drone is fuzzy every few seconds.

this is particularly annoying when im trying to setup an attack on a hostile, ive spent my time finding a good spot to hide myself, launch a drone, take an obscure route to the target to mask my location, then fly over a spiderbot, DAMN!, i have to kill it, otherwise my drone takes extra dmg and i cant see, it also gives away my drones position.

spiderbot boost = droner nerf :p

Hayato
08-01-04, 11:08
spiderbots pwn my ass

Dribble Joy
08-01-04, 11:18
Spider bots were crap, for a lvl 50 mob (compareable to a Launcher) they did pitiful dmg, I think they are fun now, the small one run like mad, those little legs moving like crazy. :p

s0apy
08-01-04, 12:49
if you've noticed, nearly all the smaller mobs move a lot faster now. i've noticed crawlers, crunchers and wolves all moving at least 2 or 3 times faster than they used to. also mechturtles and all their kind move really fast. hountbots and spiderbots have a massive RoF increase too, and the range is almost across the zone. finally, their ability to spot you has reached almost the level of clairvoyance.

annoying for mid to high level players, nightmare for everyone else.

garyu69
08-01-04, 16:01
they scare me, especially when you gt jumped by about 4 of them

Quede
08-01-04, 17:41
Originally posted by s0apy
if you've noticed, nearly all the smaller mobs move a lot faster now. i've noticed crawlers, crunchers and wolves all moving at least 2 or 3 times faster than they used to. also mechturtles and all their kind move really fast. hountbots and spiderbots have a massive RoF increase too, and the range is almost across the zone. finally, their ability to spot you has reached almost the level of clairvoyance.

annoying for mid to high level players, nightmare for everyone else.

They actually run at the same speed but since they upgraded the
servers from a Pentium 233 Mhz to a new Celeron....