PDA

View Full Version : THREADS MERGED - You have played NC too much when...

Dribble Joy
07-01-04, 18:49
OK, this has been done many times before, but I have discovered something disturbing.

I no longer reffer to myself in my head as Dan.

I am now DJ, sometimes even Dribble.

Help.

DonnyJepp
07-01-04, 18:50
You need a 2nd account and more characters :D :D :D

ezza
07-01-04, 18:54
meh ive always been Ezza fromlong ago so not to bad for me, but since i play my tank and hes called Diabolus decor, kinda get worrying if i start calling my self that tbh:lol:

msdong
07-01-04, 18:55
you start to use english curse words after playing instead of you native lanuage.

extract
07-01-04, 18:55
lose youre job, youre house, and youre wife and kids.......

beat that.

Marx
07-01-04, 18:58
My nightmare is when my own name pops up on local... and Marx walks up to me, and he's all like: "Marx, your end is nigh." and I'm all like. "Dude, you're me"

Then he says "Yeah, and I'm going to take over your life and there's nothing you can do about it".

So I freak out and try to kill him but some copbot rounds the corner as I draw my weapon and he runs off to an alleyway (because it just so happens that this entire event takes place in front of the ONE alleyway in the city) and they don't beleive me that I'm trying to kill me, or maybe they did beleive me that I was trying to kill me but misinterpreted what I was trying to say. So I get locked up while the other Marx is like "OMG U tool" and I'm like "dude, not fair"

Then the cops let me out and say "PRANK'D!" and britney spears and the dude from that 70's show pop out and hug me and stuff.

Then I wake up and wonder why the hell I had a dream about nc.

Jest
07-01-04, 19:03
Originally posted by Dribble Joy
OK, this has been done many times before, but I have discovered something disturbing.

I no longer reffer to myself in my head as Dan.

I am now DJ, sometimes even Dribble.

Help. Yah its moments like those when you realize you probably play the game a bit too much. I've called myself Jest before in my head and I hate when it happens. :( My old room mate who played Cron with me even slipped and called me Jest on occasion.

ben77890
07-01-04, 19:06
you go downstairs at dinner time and ask your parents "what TL is dinner?"

and you think about building yourself some lunch/ breakfast after playing for 6 hours.

Shadow Dancer
07-01-04, 19:06
You start to hate doctors. :rolleyes:

Dribble Joy
07-01-04, 19:07
I remember when I met XanX and QD in Bristol, it seemed so... natural to call each other our char names. I didn't know QD's real name untill about 2 months ago.

ben77890
07-01-04, 19:09
you freak out and try to run for you life upon hearing the words "oooh a dragonfly"

Ormy
07-01-04, 19:14
You reduce into tears because you cant kill that damn spider with a kitchen knife.

When you see a boxing match, you think "omg they have uber force resist, HAX".

You smack the comp cos it wont work and you see little red numbers comin out the top.

Dribble Joy
07-01-04, 19:15
You drink one bottle of beer and wonder why you don't get a drug flash

REMUS
07-01-04, 19:16
i once said "lol" while i was laughing that scared me!

L0KI
07-01-04, 19:18
i went up to a policeman in the street and did the "sex" emote...

oh wait, im a liar. o_O

it would be hilarious tho, especially if you said "SEXBOOBSGEIL"

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Ascension
07-01-04, 19:19
u start using words like leet,kos,nerfed in RL (whats that) and people look at you likeo_O

"my bro was tlking bout beer.. and he said omg the taste has be nerfed"

and people went.. wtf?

Hell-demon
07-01-04, 19:24
Mate: Did you see 28 days later?

Me: Yeah it OWNED!o_O

Ghard
07-01-04, 19:30
u know uve been playing to long when u stand up out of your chair and it sticks to u

GT_Rince
07-01-04, 19:42
Originally posted by extract

beat that bitches

Snap :D

Well, almost - she left and I started playing more ;)

Tratos
07-01-04, 19:43
lol i somtimes say lol at funny things say h4x at the impossible and shout omg what the fuck and stuff, its quite scary, and being called Q so much on comms, its like THATS MY NAME DAMN IT, lol its lik me being called my nickname (podge) for 6 years and stopping responding to my real name, lol

i also complain about things being nerfed, and saying pwnd or OWNED at good things or about telly shows and stuff.....

....NC rules!!1111oneoneone.........

~T

Leebzie
07-01-04, 19:45
I started to say uber all the time a while back, now all my mates have started too, even those that dont play cron :eek: Same with ownage, 1337 and nerfed now too.

And I often call my cron mates by thier cron names when im not thinking ... :wtf:

I said lol today... :wtf:

Devils Grace
07-01-04, 21:09
LOL

when i start using teamspeak i used to say " lol " instead of laughing.

and when im a sleep, my wife says that i start munbling " s d pls "

or "heal me heal me ffs"

and i say all these things in english and im not from a english spoken country... nopt even a close one

MUAHAHA man i need a vacations

g0rt
07-01-04, 21:11
Originally posted by Devils Grace
LOL

when i start using teamspeak i used to say " lol " instead of laughing.

and when im a sleep, my wife says that i start munbling " s d pls "

or "heal me heal me ffs"

and i say all these things in english and im not from a english spoken country... nopt even a close one

MUAHAHA man i need a vacations

hahaha

ive seen nibs before, but this one ;)

Revslad
07-01-04, 21:24
my lil bro fell asleep on the living room sofa so i started asking him questions about nc ans he was like give me a cst 3and wheres my ress tool and shit was so funneh :lol:

hudsonbeck
07-01-04, 21:27
Me and my friends just make it easy and use NC names in RL... we even got my wife to refer to a couple of us by our NC name...
She will say " You talk to Ron Solo today?"

I think in acronyms more now.

Sometimes i sign work emails with Hudson (my NC name)
I dont think i have accidently sent one yet :)

Hudson

Devils Grace
07-01-04, 21:29
Originally posted by Revslad
my lil bro fell asleep on the living room sofa so i started asking him questions about nc ans he was like give me a cst 3and wheres my ress tool and shit was so funneh :lol:

hahaha revs it seems me and ur bro need to go to the same psiquiatric (cant spell) dunno how):lol:

hehe really this game.....

i dl eve-online yesterday, payed 25€ for 1 month, played 1 hour, unistall, went to neocron, and listen to revs saying to me on teamspeak " im sorry telling u this but, I TOLD U SO DIDNT I"

:lol: HAHAH

Judge
07-01-04, 21:35
I have just given in and have started using words like ownage and nerfed in real day speak... it kinda sounds natural and I find that people can tell by the tone of voice what it means... roughly. Also one of my best mates plays MMORPGs (DAoC atm) and so whenever we talk we always use internet abbreviations and words. Its scary sometimes.

I do try and avoid saying "lol" though its jsut worrying when you do.

Revslad
07-01-04, 21:38
Originally posted by Devils Grace
hahaha revs it seems me and ur bro need to go to the same psiquiatric (cant spell) dunno how):lol:

hehe really this game.....

i dl eve-online yesterday, payed 25€ for 1 month, played 1 hour, unistall, went to neocron, and listen to revs saying to me on teamspeak " im sorry telling u this but, I TOLD U SO DIDNT I"

:lol: HAHAH

lmfao devil ur a filthy kimjim like my bro haha

PsiCorps
07-01-04, 21:41
Originally posted by extract

beat that bitches
sounds like hogan tbh

ronaz
07-01-04, 23:32
...you write !!!!11!1!!1oneoneone after every normal sentence (e.g. at work) :wtf:

phunqe
07-01-04, 23:39
I've posted this before, but it's worth mentioning again.

A while back a friend called me up to give me the great news that he and his wife are going to have twins.

"Yay", I thought... "2 slots".

CarniFlex
07-01-04, 23:41
you write a smiley on a job application... and then tries to erase it just to discover youre just making it worse. And wondering why the hell they didnt put a edit thingie in this.

sanityislost
08-01-04, 01:17
Well when im at work and i get a call from someone i dont wana talk to i write ONOZ or KOS on my note pad lol

greendonkeyuk
08-01-04, 01:31
Originally posted by REMUS
i once said "lol" while i was laughing that scared me!

shit ive done that too!

Flea
08-01-04, 02:37
When a 14 year old guy from the USA, wisconsin starts up with:

m8, its not my fault that you are a twat..

*sips tea* *begins brushing teeth with sugar*

nah im kidding brits, but seriously your lingo is sex

Flea
08-01-04, 02:40
Also when you accidently ask your friend how many slots he got on his computer. LOL

Vid Gamer
08-01-04, 03:10
You have played NC too much when...

you have nightmares of monkey's :eek:

Military Ten
08-01-04, 04:45
people outside the game call me Mili (Military Ten) or Raven. even Tescom. o_O creeps me out i notice i play too much Neocron when i start using NC phrases outside of the game :lol:

[edit] oh yeah this one time i got really freaked out. once i learned NC terms i went to see the doctor, i faced my mom and i accidently said, "Whos the PPU this time?" i get diff doctors each time and thinking that a PPU is like the NC doctor...i fell off my chair and started laughing when i realized what i just said

2ply
08-01-04, 05:52
When a teacher says your name, you turn around and almost say 'sex?'

When you get pissed off, you almost yell 'kos'

When someone pisses you off, you think to yourself 'god dammit, wheres my cs/hl/whatever(:p )'

Reminds me of those old 'You know you play TFC too much when...' things from awhile ago :p

ServeX
08-01-04, 05:55
you sex rl friends on aim accidently :p

SorkZmok
08-01-04, 06:07
...you laugh ur ass off reading this thread cause most of it happened to you too. o_O

sanityislost
08-01-04, 09:59
Originally posted by ServeX
you sex rl friends on aim accidently :p

lol ive been known to shout sex at G in rl and he follows up with one also.....scary

robinitnow
08-01-04, 09:59
when KK sends you an e-mail asking you to help them out with the amount of bandwidth you are using

darknessfairy
08-01-04, 10:04
I must admit i do it... I say LoL out loud... i say KOS and uber and l33t.

And i even call myself Darkness or DF.. Its just so natural to me, since people just call me that.

Im not wierd honest,,, im the normal one, its the rest of you thats wierd

darknessfairy
08-01-04, 10:04
Shit it doubled posted :/

Sorin
08-01-04, 10:07
Originally posted by msdong
you start to use english curse words after playing instead of you native lanuage.

Yup, guilty :lol: (and this from a california native)

Also when my friend and I are driving around (he used to play NC too) and we see something stupid, I say "fuckin noobs"

Whenever I hear something on TV or the news dealing with legislation, I think in my head "Damnit, what the hell is getting nerfed?"

Use the word owned in RL.

Thinking in acronyms like wtf, omg, KOS, stfu, hax, etc.

I wanna say 'sex' to people in RL and on AIM, but always catch myself, realizing they're not going to know how I really mean it and are going to think I'm some sort of perv :lol:

Napalm82
08-01-04, 10:32
You've played too much when you wanna poke the girl at the bar.

When you "Stealth" by hiding under the table (That was fun)

When you wonder who's gonna gun your Mazda in the garage.

- Napalm

Nash_Brigham
08-01-04, 10:37
Everyone eitehr refers to me as Raven, or as Wulfe in RL. I have grown use to it, and actually prefr it over my real name :D But, at work, when someoen does a better job that someone else, I have to stop myself from yelling, I so owned your ass. I stopped myself from actually saying LOL one time, but I do do alot of abbreviating of phrases now :wtf:

darknessfairy
08-01-04, 21:36
Oh oh oh i just remembered something.. I was walking to work...and about 6 Mopeds trotted past in the space of 5 minutes... I thought to myself... "WTF is this, Ped'o'cron?"

Oh dear.. I began to worry about my sanity then

RuriHoshino
09-01-04, 00:12
Originally posted by darknessfairy
Oh oh oh i just remembered something.. I was walking to work...and about 6 Mopeds trotted past in the space of 5 minutes... I thought to myself... "WTF is this, Ped'o'cron?"

Oh dear.. I began to worry about my sanity then

<wipes Diet Coke off monitor>

I wish you wouldn't do that darkness ... o_O :p

FuzzyDuck
09-01-04, 00:23
I actually consider FuzzyDuck to be, I've accepted my alternate personalty into my life. :angel:

Maarten
09-01-04, 01:30
When you yell "LAG!" if someone catches you off-guard when they throw you something.

When you start poking people in RL.

When you are shopping and looking at some expensive things you think "I can BP and construct them to save money..."

When you encounter a locked door and you mistake your watch for a hack tool.

When you get a fatal error in RL.

When you start making the hand gestures PSI monks make in RL.

When someone scares you from behind you wonder why you didn't see him on your local list.

When you start searching the local trashcans for junk to recycle.

Sorry, those weren't funny... :wtf:

robinitnow
09-01-04, 02:22
When you start making the hand gestures PSI monks make in RL

was

[TgR]KILLER
09-01-04, 02:33
even my mom calls me killer sometimes.. do does my best m8 irl.. and my younger bro :p

i'v been using the nick for ages now.. even got a shirt with on the back printed large.

[TgR]KILLER
The gib Rippers
Clanleader

same says on the front only smaller :p made it back in our Unreal Tournament time tho. for lans etc..

ow yea whats scarry to.. sometimes nowdays i don't know how to say something in dutch and i say it in english O.o.. one time in a ammusmentpark ( or how u write that :p ) me and my bro kept talking english all day.. and my mom was pissed off cause she couldn't understand a word :p

Rieper
09-01-04, 06:16
i've put aside time in economics lessons to work out uber con setups.. and i think about char setups at random points in the day :D

Military Ten
09-01-04, 06:48
my friend knelt down to tie his shoe, i walked over to him and poked him with my fist o_O;; i finally just then realized i wasnt my PPU Raven. on Uranus poking in first person..

Vryce
12-01-04, 02:33
When you dream about hacking warbots, get up in the morning to find your computer case open and all the 'cards in a pile on the floor. 8|

Dribble Joy
12-01-04, 02:38
Originally posted by Rieper
i've put aside time in economics lessons to work out uber con setups.. and i think about char setups at random points in the day :D

I will open up the skill manager, bring up my setup and stare at it for ages.

Then I will try to get Rabbi's setup to work on it and blow my brains out trying. 500hp, uber resists, good speed and only one drug? C'est impossible!!!!

SamuraiPizzaCat
12-01-04, 02:52
well i havent been playin NC enough :(
http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=87241

Flyl
12-01-04, 04:16
I lived on IRC before Neocrack so I was already upto speed with leetspeak, but I know I've been playing Neocron too much when:

People say the word 'twinkle' irl and I wonder if they're talking to me.

The power goes off and I go into a frenzy wondering if I'm missing an op war.

I daydream at school of the quickest way to get my next dexterity level.

I time myself making drinks to make sure I'm back in time to take the next LoM straight away.

NeoLauncher Pro launches automatically when my PC starts up.

My IRC idle time exceeds 2 weeks.

:angel:

Shockwave
12-01-04, 05:25
...when you cancel your sub and play something else?

Shockwave,
Formerly: "Deadlock", 53/68 LE'd Researcher/Rifle Spy, Pluto.
Currently: "Morrigun", 4-2-4-4 Bounty Hunter (Imperial), SWG.

ZoneVortex
12-01-04, 05:27
i've sat during entire biology classes with a piece of paper in front of me determining con setups and implant set ups...

:(

ezza
12-01-04, 14:09
Originally posted by Shockwave
...when you cancel your sub and play something else?

Shockwave,
Formerly: "Deadlock", 53/68 LE'd Researcher/Rifle Spy, Pluto.
Currently: "Morrigun", 4-2-4-4 Bounty Hunter (Imperial), SWG.

..........but still post on the forum:rolleyes:

Drake6k
12-01-04, 14:33
For about 8 months my startup page was these forums.

I have said "lol" in real life a few times.

I call my friends noobs for every little thing they do wrong.

I compare everything someone else likes to Neocron.
"Well... in Neocron..."

I played 26 hours straight once. (ventrilo owns)

I says owns in RL.

I have moved the nc box to the front in EB.

I beg everyone I know to try it.

I sit in school with croncom and notepad open working on new setups. Found out about the blacksuns damage that way lol.

ezza
12-01-04, 14:42
Originally posted by Drake6k

I have moved the nc box to the front in EB.

lol guilty of that one myself, that is when they have a copy in

Necrosadistic
12-01-04, 15:04
A couple of weeks ago I was drunkenly sexing people at the Electric Ballroom in London... My alcoholism and sexing got too much when I climbed on the table football machine, so I got chucked out and Im probably banned now...

I also wonder why people don't have boxes around them when I look at them...

I say uber IRL all the time...

I've said some very strange NC related things to my GF when half asleep... omg our op is under attack i need to GR in... And then wondered why she wasn't calling me Logan...

Jaffo
12-01-04, 16:37
You drink one bottle of beer and wonder why you don't get a drug flash

it happens to me (light weight)

J. Folsom
12-01-04, 18:02
You make the effort to replace the standard Tank PA with the Camo Tank PA.

Erm.. That's not to say I made them, that honour goes to Gungnir, it's just that I replaced the model on my installation.

ezza
12-01-04, 18:05
Originally posted by J. Folsom
You make the effort to replace the standard Tank PA with the Camo Tank PA.

Erm.. That's not to say I made them, that honour goes to Gungnir, it's just that I replaced the model on my installation. looks at previous post looks at this post

*becomes confused*

J. Folsom
12-01-04, 18:07
Originally posted by ezza
looks at previous post looks at this post

*becomes confused* I'm talking about this. (http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&postid=1154798#post1154798)

ezza
12-01-04, 18:09
its ok i lost the plot but ive regained it now:p

mooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Shockwave
13-01-04, 16:50
Originally posted by ezza
..........but still post on the forum:rolleyes:

These are not the droids you are looking for... I can go about my business... Move along... :D

Actually I just stopped by to see if there had been anything new on DoY since I left. Lo and behold, there is! And by god am I glad I'm out. It looks like KK are planning on slowly dismembering the game as far as non-PvP players are concerned...

And I see VetteroX is still an egomaniacal asshat. :lol: :rolleyes:

shodanjr_gr
13-01-04, 16:55
Well ive said LoL quite a few times in real life.
Ive stoped my self just before i said "omg i pwnd joo" or "sex" in public (but i still think it :))
NC forums have been my homepage for 1 year.
Ive been thinking about character setups as well (especially lately since the new hybrid ts patch notes).
Ive had dreams about NC.

shodanjr_gr
13-01-04, 16:59
Originally posted by [TgR]KILLER
ow yea whats scarry to.. sometimes nowdays i don't know how to say something in dutch and i say it in english O.o.. one time in a ammusmentpark ( or how u write that :p ) me and my bro kept talking english all day.. and my mom was pissed off cause she couldn't understand a word :p

Oh yeah i got a similar problem.

My english vocabulary-grammar-spelling is far superior to my greek ones. Particularly odd considering that i am greek.

Darkborg
13-01-04, 17:12
dunno about nc but i sometimes say sentences in english without meaning too and im danish btw ( way to much vent hehehe).
Like a random sentence in english when im done i realise it.

Dim
13-01-04, 17:13
Originally posted by Jest
Yah its moments like those when you realize you probably play the game a bit too much. I've called myself Jest before in my head and I hate when it happens. :( My old room mate who played Cron with me even slipped and called me Jest on occasion.
My brother calls me Dim most of the time... makes ppl look funny at him and me...

Goa'uld
13-01-04, 17:56
You've played too much when...

You step outside your house, and stand there for 5 mins waiting for sync to stop :p

Opar
13-01-04, 18:00
When you go clothes-shopping and cant find that damn PA youve been saving up for.

mdares
13-01-04, 18:06
writing a GRE (graduate record examination) essay and using terms like:

woot, cuz, n00b, nerf, hax...

8|

(btw: i got full score on that essay too... after editing out the NC lingo)

Rieper
13-01-04, 21:41
i realized that i've been using sex like i use good :) most people get it tho.. i use enough slang that doesnt make sense anyhow.. wouldnt to most peeps on this forum..except possibly style, coz i've seen how he speaks :)

btw.. i get confused on occasions.. IRL Buff = Good or Good looking :D

Milksh@ke
13-01-04, 22:42
I may have on occasion woken up expecting to see an RPOS ....

*cough*

/walks away

Dribble Joy
14-01-04, 06:50
You're at an OTC (Officer Training Corps) evening and you need to cross the main hall, but you don't want the RSM to notice you and try to pull out a stealth tool.

[SP]Ostrich
14-01-04, 08:50
You realise you hate the outside world.

You dislike other people your age because they're stupid.

you hate the laws because you can't randomly pk people.

you hate your own body, because you can't mindlessly go into fights. (no gen reps)

Jeros82
14-01-04, 13:59
If you PK someone you dislike and then go in to RL Sewers and kill rats with a knife hoping you won't get caught by Guards (Cops) :p

Colt Starling
14-01-04, 14:44
for me,

1. All my dreams are in NC

2. I take a few sickies just to play this damn game :eek:

\\Fényx//
14-01-04, 14:50
.....when you start getting sick of seeing these threads pop up weekly .....

Shadow Dancer
14-01-04, 14:51
Originally posted by \\Fényx//
.....when you start getting sick of seeing these threads pop up weekly .....

:lol:

Knew someone was gonna use that one.

El_MUERkO
14-01-04, 14:52
we just had an 'addicted' thread the other day

o_O

Nightbrother
14-01-04, 14:57
Mr. Starling didn't see obviously. Colt, there's a thread like this one further down the page. It's got 84 posts so far, it has it has.

Nidhogg
14-01-04, 14:59
Thread merged.

N

ezza
14-01-04, 15:01
Originally posted by Nidhogg
Thread merged.

N

you know you have played to much neocron when you spend your time merging threads:p

Nightbrother
14-01-04, 15:03
You know you've played too much NC when you comment on the fact that someone must be playing too NC when they are merging threads. Ok, I'll shut up now. Me r lame.

Some days I spend more time perusing these forums than I do actually working. That scares me. :eek:

ezza
14-01-04, 15:38
Originally posted by Nightbrother
You know you've played too much NC when you comment on the fact that someone must be playing too NC when they are merging threads. Ok, I'll shut up now. Me r lame.

Some days I spend more time perusing these forums than I do actually working. That scares me. :eek:

or comment on the person who was commenting on the thread merge:eek:

dont need to tell me i play to much:lol:

Maarten
15-01-04, 00:58
You played too much Neocron when you know neocron.ems.ru by heart...

Almost guilty of that one myself... O_o

When people ask things like "what TL is the next gun/weapon I can use?", I always know the answer, whatever class they are playing. Then they are like "sick dude, that you remember all these things..."

Sorry, just have good memory... :)

ezza
15-01-04, 01:24
Originally posted by Maarten
You played too much Neocron when you know neocron.ems.ru by heart...

Almost guilty of that one myself... O_o

When people ask things like "what TL is the next gun/weapon I can use?", I always know the answer, whatever class they are playing. Then they are like "sick dude, that you remember all these things..."

Sorry, just have good memory... :) no definatly sick:p

Maarten
20-01-04, 12:04
Ok, thanks for clearing that up... :p

ben77890
20-01-04, 14:15
this is no word of lie i swear, last week i almost said to a friend:

my character sucks, i wanna re-roll, or lom something.

if this was in game, it would have been fine, but we were at the cinema at the time o_O