PDA

View Full Version : Which Mobs are you scared of?

garyu69
07-01-04, 16:17
I used to always be scared of running into a Dragonfly because those things hurt.

But since the last patch a new Mob is scaring me.

The Spidy Bots. They run so fast now that you can't even run away from them without them shooting you.

And they his like the dragonflies and it hurts :(

Jeros82
07-01-04, 16:22
I'm not scared of any mobs, only the Mad Copbot and spiderbot annoy me with there rapid piercing damage and for some reason they always attack when i have no deflector and shelter cast upon me :(

Serpent
07-01-04, 16:22
Dragonfly

nuff said

Necrosadistic
07-01-04, 16:23
Spiderbots? I dont even notice their attacks very much adn outhealing them is dead easy...

Damn warbots still scare me... They are far more dangerous than their rank, considering that if i have the same resists as I do for 100/100 fire mobs I still can't outheal them, while I can outheal the fire mobs more or less.

That's playing as a pistol PE.

Also Y reps - im instantly dead to them and also damn Johnny 5's...

naimex
07-01-04, 16:23
directly scared off..... hmm...

DragonFlies
ye dragonflies..

Q`alooaith
07-01-04, 16:29
I just rolled a new spy... everything scare's me...;)

Dragonfly's when I had my APU.. you can't run and you can't hide, best to just jump in a rhino and try to get away before they punch though the armor...

DoY bot's arnt so bad, just gotta treat them like you whould warbot's or a group of terromauler's...

Original monk
07-01-04, 16:29
them spiders cause they tend to spawn behind me when im hacking a warbot and they kill my warbotshuntmonk in 1,3 seconds...

overall: dragonflies ffcourse :) im still waiting till they make a 120/120 dragonfly, now thats competition: i think 1 dragonfly of that kind owns an army of commanders, replicants and jhonny5's :)

maybe a new PPUspell that spawns a level 95/95 dragonfly next to you ? :P hehe

ezza
07-01-04, 16:31
scared of mobs none really, sure theres some you know you will die if you fight them without a PPU but hey dont mean im scared of them.

what you never seen a dumb tank charge at a y rep only to get toasted before:D

naimex
07-01-04, 16:34
Originally posted by ezza
scared of mobs none really, sure theres some you know you will die if you fight them without a PPU but hey dont mean im scared of them.

what you never seen a dumb tank charge at a y rep only to get toasted before:D

you should try those MC5 Security Bots..

Soloing them without a PPU is a damn hard time consuming challenge..

but theres a catch.. once you kill it.. youll notice why you dont solo them... DAMN THINGS ARE LOCKED :(

alig
07-01-04, 16:35
Not really a mob and not really all guards but just the TG guards...hell, if u could shoot through zonelines, any ca that came out of nc entrance would be getting shot of tg guards all the way from tg :rolleyes:

J. Folsom
07-01-04, 16:35
Dragon flies, I took one down with a tank with a CS on test once though! Ph34r my 1337 aiming abilities!

I conveniently forgot to mention the fact that it took me about 10 minutes to do so.

Q`alooaith
07-01-04, 16:36
nooo, a PPU spell that summon's a swarm of 5-10 20/20 dragonfly's, now that's scary..

They realy should make a dragonfly boss cave, with swarm's of mutated dragonfly's and huge dragonfly's.. now there's pain..

Oath
07-01-04, 16:50
I'm scared of myself, rabbi once described me as the best mob in the game.......he was right :p

Original monk
07-01-04, 16:56
Originally posted by Q`alooaith
nooo, a PPU spell that summon's a swarm of 5-10 20/20 dragonfly's, now that's scary..

:eek:

1 of em is bad, 2 of em is deadly 10 of em is a free ticket to heaven in a speed that makes shumacher looks like a snail ..

i also like them octopusmobs that have them arms underground that follow you and catch you if you stand stilll, freaky lol : but nothing what a firebarrel cant solve :)

El_MUERkO
07-01-04, 17:00
MC5 Base commander & friends are a pain in the nuts, faction guards and copbots, Y-Reps, Kami soldiers, Laurent Hoverbots.

The Grims are slow so u can keep repositioning to take them out.

The cave mobs & bosses just require so thought and technique :)

Q`alooaith
07-01-04, 17:04
I don't think them octy mob's are that bad, one good multi energy bolt and they all die, great for farming too, as the limb's keep comming, great mid level farming... though not all that scary cause you just have to keep moving..

MadJaxII
07-01-04, 17:14
As a rank 40 PE, I'm scared of anything that even resembles a mob

Hell-demon
07-01-04, 17:19
Big spider and spider queen:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

They're so icky looking *shudders*

J. Folsom
07-01-04, 17:21
Originally posted by Hell-demon
Big spider and spider queen:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: You should head into the storage in outzone 2, filled to the brim with poisonous spiders of all sizes! Great fun. :P

jj dynomite
07-01-04, 17:22
Um.....Johnny 5's (before i switched to TG) and y-reps.

yup...that's about it.

jj

Jesterthegreat
07-01-04, 17:25
Originally posted by Original monk
i also like them octopusmobs that have them arms underground that follow you and catch you if you stand stilll, freaky lol : but nothing what a firebarrel cant solve :)

i have played for over a year and theres a mob i havent seen?

wtf?

what are these and where are they?

CarniFlex
07-01-04, 17:33
vote to speed up grim chasers and perscutors, make those alittle more deadly, even add some of those spiderbot sentry detector range and you have a 120/120 mob that is dangerous finally.

Most scary thought I ever had...
GRIM DRAGONFLY 90/90 small fast flying heavy damagedealing monster!

MrBane
07-01-04, 17:34
I didn't fight with a PPU stapled to my ass, so my most feared mob was Doom Harbringers and Ceres Infantry.

Jesterthegreat
07-01-04, 17:46
Originally posted by MrBane
I didn't fight with a PPU stapled to my ass, so my most feared mob was Doom Harbringers and Ceres Infantry.

ah yes... my pistol spy attempted to solo them a while ago :D

did ok (until i got hit) :lol:

nah, ceres arent too bad... doom harbringer is scary

Dribble Joy
07-01-04, 17:49
Dude, you can solo Point Red easily, Doom Harbingers are peasy.

Only thing I hate fighting is Y-Reps, hard to solo with a PE.

Warbots are mindnumbingly weak tbh, I can stand toe to toe withou s/d and beat one.

Jesterthegreat
07-01-04, 17:50
Originally posted by Dribble Joy
Dude, you can solo Point Red easily, Doom Harbingers are peasy.

Only thing I hate fighting is Y-Reps, hard to solo with a PE.

Warbots are mindnumbingly weak tbh, I can stand toe to toe withou s/d and beat one.

heh my spy can out heal WBT's and used to out heal grims (lost my 5 slot heal now though)

of course i wont be outhealin anything anymore... :(

Zanathos
07-01-04, 17:51
My Pistol PE and HC Tank fears no one!

Well, except mobs over 100 :p

But my PPU TRULY fears no one! Mwa ha ha ha ha.

My pistol PE cant outheal warbots, but can kill them without needing to take cover at all. I'm not saying that the Warbots do massive damage to me however.

I can outheal decayed horrers :)

I cant outheal decayed brutes, this things friggin hurt!

I've barely fought fire mobs so I don't know much about em.

ezza
07-01-04, 17:53
Originally posted by Jesterthegreat

of course i wont be outhealin anything anymore... :(

you can always not quit;)

Jesterthegreat
07-01-04, 17:59
Originally posted by ezza
you can always not quit;)

you can always point out a single reason worth staying?

i have capped all classes
i have capped all weapon types (except droner... TEDIOUS)
i have done PvP
i have done PKing
i have done NF vs. GM's
i have done tradeskilling
i have done all servers
i have done rare hunting
i have done rare farming
i have done rare trading
i have helped noobs
i have done test server
i LIVE on the forums
i LIVE on the unofficial IRC room

Zanathos
07-01-04, 18:06
A single reason worth staying? Because you enjoy the game.

An example.

Quake II is a decade old and I still play that game over multiplayer.

Just because you have done everything in a game doesnt mean its not worth playing anymore. That is, unless you dont like the game anymore.

Another reason worth staying, find other things to do.

Make various types of characters, like a rifle/pistol using apu/ppu.

Or a Melee Private Eye or HC Private Eye.

Heck, make a melee spy.

Or a pistol tank or rifle tank.

Or an APU Private Eye!

Make a character that you have fun using, not nessesarily good at PvP but is just fun to use.

Make player run events with all the stuff you have as prizes.

Theres probably more, but I'm not gonna mention them

Jesterthegreat
07-01-04, 18:10
Originally posted by Zanathos

An example.

Just because you have done everything in a game doesnt mean its not worth playing anymore. That is, unless you dont like the game anymore.

Another reason worth staying, find other things to do.

Make various types of characters, like a rifle/pistol using apu/ppu.

Or a Melee Private Eye or HC Private Eye.

Heck, make a melee spy.

Or a pistol tank or rifle tank.

Or an APU Private Eye!

Make a character that you have fun using, not nessesarily good at PvP but is just fun to use.

Make player run events with all the stuff you have as prizes.

Theres probably more, but I'm not gonna mention them

but i dont enjoy playing...

its the repetative "cave run time" or "farm warbots" time.

im a pistol spy... im not mainstream, im not an easy class.

this class / weapon combo has no doubt been the most fun for me ever - but the game has just worn out. i rolled a droner... now i sit there in a sewer killing constantly instead lol O_o

player events? well... i aranged and lead the first ever MC5 hunt on uranus. before MC5 chips. a GM came with us to start a storyline that they never bothered with.

player events? i am arranging SUKING with Danae. i am very invilved in the community, i live the forums / irc. the community kept me here as long as i was.

Zanathos
07-01-04, 18:21
Well, if there is truly nothing left to do and you dont like the game, then I guess its like any other game that you simply dont like anymore, you stopped playing it or stop playing it.

Let me see here...

I play Command and Conquer Renegade because each battle is not ALWAYS the same, but the same stuff is always in the battles. Its fun because no two battles are identical.

I play Americas Army because of the constant fear of getting shot. I'm not the type of guy in that game to run around quickly actually LOOKING for people to kill. I move slowly, I wait for the 99% of the players that play that game just to kill people to come out so I can kill them, then get called a camper.

But hey, I KNOW your gonna come so I wait until you do :) Being on defence is different though, your suppose to camp.

The fear and adrenaline I get from Americas Army is something that is currently lacking in Neocron unfortunatly.

Too many rounds have I played where the defence just rushes in there.

I play Wolfenstein ET for the same reason as Command and Conquer Renegade.

I play Quake II - Vortex because the game is fun, although they have simplified things recently and the game is not as fun as it once was.

I play Neocron because I like everything in it, although after playing it almost constantly for 4 and a half months, I've grown bored of certain aspects of the game so I dont play it much right now unless my clan needs me, so I'm taking a break from playing it, also cause I just got a PS2 and Star Wars : KOTOR for PC just recently too.

I played Unreal Tournament 2003 because I somewhat enjoyed Unreal Tournament. UT 2003 wasnt anything special compared to UT though so I didnt play it much after, actually, its not even on our computer.

I play Unreal II XMP cause of the same reason as Command And Conquer Renegade.

I stopped playing Star Craft not just cause the game is over a decade old, but I just dont enjoy it anymore.

I stopped playing Emperor Battle for Dune becaus the game just wasnt enjoyable anymore.

I stopped playing Perfect Dark because I just didnt enjoy it anymore. I stopped playing Unreal II because the game isnt worth playing after your done beating it.

I stopped playing The Sims because I realized that its a game that lets you simulate real life......... Ummmm, DUMB.

I stopped playing many of my games because they arent enjoyable anymore.

t0tt3
07-01-04, 20:19
Originally posted by Q`alooaith

They realy should make a dragonfly boss cave, with swarm's of mutated dragonfly's and huge dragonfly's.. now there's pain..

Then you never tried lvl 2 PP sewers when you are 200 m into that sewer guess whats comming.... yea 20/20 dragonfly and pwns your ass :D "hate to be a noob ;)"

Clothing_Option
07-01-04, 20:32
Originally posted by garyu69
I used to always be scared of running into a Dragonfly because those things hurt.

But since the last patch a new Mob is scaring me.

The Spidy Bots. They run so fast now that you can't even run away from them without them shooting you.

And they his like the dragonflies and it hurts :(

Those god forsaken Yreps and DOY bots
they hit super hard
and I think thier lvl needs to be adjusted to reflect the amount of dmg you need to do to them to kill them

icarium
07-01-04, 20:52
i have 106 psi and i am a ppu, so erm very little atm lol

GT_Rince
07-01-04, 21:14
Originally posted by Necrosadistic

Also Y reps - im instantly dead to them and also damn Johnny 5's...

Yup - same here. I just try to avoid at all costs. If I see one, I am normally dead - unless I got some cover close by. My tank can survive a few hits at best.

The only other one is Hoverbots / Bombers. 'Cause my tank is Melee, I got no way to hit 'em :D

g0rt
07-01-04, 21:16
flamethrower guards in pp1

NERF

Devils Grace
07-01-04, 21:57
some said this in another thread but i think it aplyes here

unknowndevice - he is not a player, he is a mob:lol:

players i can kill hehehehe

greendonkeyuk
07-01-04, 22:41
im scared of a rare mob called an oath. normally ive never got any lager to pay him off with!

tbh though the spawn rate on the oaths is very very low indeed so theres rarely much to worry about.

mobs... as a spy firemobs usually give me the willies as i have very little fire resist..... jonny 5s on the other hand i can laugh at so i guess it evens out along the way.

other than that

err

base commander. thats it.

Sorin
07-01-04, 22:57
Mobs that annoy the absolute living shit out of me and are THE first to die, NO MATTER WHAT:

Enlighted Preachers
Mutant Gunman
Mad Copbot
Cyberguards (all levels)
Mutant Warriors (which can hit you like 5 zones away once they've seen you :wtf: )

Mobs that scare me:

DoY Bots on all characters when they are low and mid level
Dragonflies (always :lol: )

Y Bots. Never hunted one, have only been hit by one twice, and I'm leaving it at that. I've seen belt fields around those things far too large and cluttered for me to be all gung ho and think I'm special enough to not get killed :lol: That and the stories about encounters with them aren't very comforting.

Keyol45743241
07-01-04, 23:13
Robotic Sharks... in the ocean, they were fun. But someone deceided to rather put them in one of the secret little extensions of the main sewer where you have to dive through.... which you won't survive, PPU or not, period.

Birkoff
07-01-04, 23:14
Originally posted by Serpent
Dragonfly

nuff said

What he said

Flea
08-01-04, 00:38
Giant Stinger is the only mob that makes me nervous at my level (98 str 90 con)

garyu69
08-01-04, 01:15
Originally posted by Jesterthegreat
you can always point out a single reason worth staying?

i have capped all classes
i have capped all weapon types (except droner... TEDIOUS)
i have done PvP
i have done PKing
i have done NF vs. GM's
i have done tradeskilling
i have done all servers
i have done rare hunting
i have done rare farming
i have done rare trading
i have helped noobs
i have done test server
i LIVE on the forums
i LIVE on the unofficial IRC room I challenge you to come to Pluto and go FA and join eXo :D
Bet it will be fun for you then

Military Ten
08-01-04, 01:32
hmm..i scared of..

Dragonflies as a nublet running from TH or TG. o_O They always seem to kill me and I have to get Thiwwy to come rez me. And oh yeah, I'm scared of Chasers and the 120/120 Y Reps. Chasers just completely hurt, and the 120/120 Y Reps plasma wave huuuurts! The rifle and pistol I can take. The wave just pwnz my socks. oh yeah and i'm scared of the mobs Tenshu turned into in Neofrag..Creeeepy..

Sorin
08-01-04, 01:42
Alright, case in fucking point from 3 minutes ago. The goddamn doy bots need to be removed from synch lines :mad:

I wouldn't be so scared shitless of them if I actually had the legitimate opportunity to avoid them. As it is, you never know which parts of the synch line they are camping until you are done synching and lying dead on the ground. (Thank god for the LE, otherwise I'd have so many lost items by now, solely from synch line camping DoY bots).

Damnit. FFS.

Military Ten
08-01-04, 01:43
[edited for violation of the forum rules - don't post by proxy for banned runners]

Flea
08-01-04, 02:47
thiwwy this, thiwwy that jesus christ

Sealdude
08-01-04, 02:58
Hover bots and, it may sound weak, but the mass ammounts of large spiders in the PP1 sewers (the big ones) I also hate mad copbots because they are like terminators, they will not stop ever! Me and a friend were hunting WBs be hiding behind hills (we were low levels) and a copbot came up. We couldent take it and we were dying so we hopped on our bikes and went nearly cross sector to the MB ASG. Two minutes later the same exact cop bot had chased us all the way to the asg and nearly killed us but the MB guards jumped in.

Keiron
08-01-04, 03:28
Any of the worm tunnel mobs, since you can drop into the water and die instantly to some gravity bug.

ezza
08-01-04, 03:29
Originally posted by Flea
thiwwy this, thiwwy that jesus christ lol not a big fan i take it:lol:

-=Blasehase=-
08-01-04, 04:30
teh only mob i'm REALLY scared of is the doom harbringer...

1 hit 300 DMG with blessed deflector& shelter in selfcast and MUCH PRC, FRC and FIR amor

but its fun to kill him alone as PE ^^

-=Blasehase=-
08-01-04, 04:33
Originally posted by Zanathos

An example.

hum ... thats nothing against us...

we play SUPER MARIO CART with emulator over i-net :D

Military Ten
08-01-04, 04:34
slaytor stfu he gave you a fricking Cursed Soul :P well actually i did on his guy