PDA

View Full Version : Your first memories of NC (and things you will never forget!)

L0KI
07-01-04, 15:39
My first memories on the Uranus server...

*Being taken into the rat sewers as an 0/2 and told to keep killing them till he came to get me (OpTi).

*Being taken for a ride around Jeriko in SpAcEdOuBt's Rhino Tank (he was a mid level hybrid), where we plummeted into a lake and had to swim out... there was no way out. I had to post on the forums for the reset position command :D

*Being ganked in the noob sewers by Headshot - and him looting my 3 slot smg :(

*Running around the noob sewer levelling with a level 15 spy (forgot his name :() - He ganked another spy, and then Neocorp (still playing as a synch) came and wasted us both :(
After telling Neocorp that it wasnt me that killed his spy, he gave me 20k and apologised :D - nice guy.

*Being ganked a second time, this time in the aggie cellars...

*Someone called Asshole (from a PK TG clan) teaching me the art of freezer pistols. Now when i was a n00b, this was one hell of a weapon to have - especially considering they were as strong as holy para :D

*Keypad taking me on a PK tour of Pepper Park, getting us all lost in OZ, so we had to reset position :lol:

*kEiThZ PKing me just as i got to the Cycrow GR, after a braving 2 hour run from the city all by myself. - I didnt quite get the GR. DAMN he pissed me off then. I ran past him twice before he decided to gank me.

*Me taking my clan of noobs in an APC tour (7 of us), only to be killed by an APU/PPU combo in TG (Kelrin and his crew :D - MFrZ)

*its funny, i remember how i met every person that i still talk to to this day. Amazing that 90% of them were enemies of mine at the time, and now they wanna be my friends :lol:

What do you remember the most back in your first days?

Furion
07-01-04, 15:41
i never got help from *experienced* players, so i had a lot of fun for around 3 months before i started pvp.
it was so cool when i heard the messages that gets broadcasted for the first time. also stepping into plaza for the first time.
when i joined a clan they gave me the dex 20 uzi, a 2 slot better one. damn i loved that gun, then someone killed me and stole it :(

Jesterthegreat
07-01-04, 15:51
hmm... thats so long ago i cant remember it...

i remember the only event i saw in beta-

2 FA spies had stolen something and we had to hunt them down. i got there late and about 10 peeps had gone after them. the 10 peeps were wasted by a mass WB / spiderbot / hoverbot army!

it was a trap! onoz!

we got a message to all gather at OZ station, so we rushed outside to see what was going on. we waited... and waited...

about 10 mins later mad copbots started appearing on the horizon, followed by spiderbots. they made there way over to us, we hunkered down and prepoaired our defenses... then let rip with all the firepower we could muster.

now - bare in mind this was the end of beta 4. no one knew about resists. no one had 5 slot rares (were there even many rares around?)

so there are like 20 spiderbot / copbots swarming us... then shock horror! hoverbots appear on the horizon. they make a bee line for us and start attacking!

at this point we decide it would be a good move to retreat. we all scream "fall back" and zone into the station to heal up. within about a minute warbots came in through the door.

this is where it got kinda crazy. about 20 WB's / WBT's, roughly 10 spiderbots, some copbots and a couple of the hover bomber things... about 40 runners... all squashed into OZ Station.

people were falling all around me, i had no idea what to do, i whiped out my gun and started blasting

J. Folsom
07-01-04, 15:55
The thing I most fondly remember is freaking out and getting paranoid after the first time I heard "Dangerous criminals have been spotted in the inner city limits" broadcast thing.
I'm pretty sure I wasn't the only one.

Candaman
07-01-04, 15:58
I remember being a noob spy and almost quitting after being repeatedly ganked by DIS and Mayhemmike when they were in CD only to reroll to a apu and be ganked repeatedly by CC and most of Dark spent 3 days lomming to ppu was rank /50 at the time.

Now as things would have it i'm a high ranking DarK member with DIS and Mayhemmike in the same clan how wierd things turn out

Kal
07-01-04, 16:04
Originally posted by J. Folsom
The thing I most fondly remember is freaking out and getting paranoid after the first time I heard "Dangerous criminals have been spotted in the inner city limits" broadcast thing.
I'm pretty sure I wasn't the only one.

LOL, yeah same happened to me,
i remember spending around a week in viarosso in the cellers, and saw about 3 other runners, then when i finally got shown through the subway to plaza 1 i stepped out and was like....

:eek: O...M....G

then i looked around and noticed half the people sexing each other, it looks sooooooo screwed up as a newb :lol:

also i remember my first gun after weeks of leveling with a knife, was a laser cannon and i lined up my first shot, fired, and thought what the HELL, why is everyone elses newb guns actually hurting something but not this freaking laser.

also my first plasma cannon, the first shot with that totally made up for that stupid laser

Rieper
07-01-04, 16:14
I rolled a Tangent spy.. coz i wanted to be a constructor and make weapons (no idea how it worked, but the manual said spies were the best at tradeskills) but then i went into the sewers (jan 03) and the first thing that fell off my corpse was my knife. I went back to my viarosso apartment coz thats the only GR i had.. and i didnt know how to get my knife back. thinking i'd completely fucked my char already i deleted him.

Went to char creation screen.. and thought fuck it.. i just wanna kill stuff. TANK!!!!

I grabbed a poke tool and decided to make some money, not knowing i needed to skill implant. First person i decided to poke (i said does anyone need an implant :p) was milksh@ke! first person i ever met...

went to pepper park sewers after i levelled a bit, using the navray after i posted in the runner to runner help forum.. someone responded :) i saw two runners (spies) with plasma pistols run past me.. and i thought one day i wanted to do that.. to this day i have not wielded a plasma pistol..

i was then recruited into Liquid Tech by the infamous pacman (to all who knew him, i still have the feeling he was ginger magician, he later rerolled and cleaned out UK USA ranger's cabs) There i met shadowfax, Notorious M.I.G (these were the two people i saw in the sewers! freaky or what?!), waterlilly godspeed and others..

a few days later lilly quit the clan, and Pacman literally went crazy.. he actually deleted the clan.. it was kind of odd.. he had split personality disorder i think. Lilly joined =SSC= and then i went up to QD and told him i wanted to join.. he added me and we went from there.......................

:D

Original monk
07-01-04, 16:17
my first walk to techhaven :P

it was insane lol, trying to run away from hoverbots with a team of about 10 noobs, priceless

will never forget that, -> stingray, psilok, mystical etc

all in beta4 it was sooo fun

Candaman
07-01-04, 16:19
i rememeber selling a 7 slot EPR and 3 slot DoY Raygun to megaman for 2.1 mil (shit loads if u've only been playing a week) my friend who lent me the EPR wasn't happy though infact he still isn't a year later

ezza
07-01-04, 16:28
i just remember wandering around the city as a noob, seeing the little hover things fly by with the rain coming down though the gaps in the sky line, very bladerunner.

mentioned it inanother thread, but back when i was a noob in the CA i remember looking up at the city admin building thinking damn it looks big, there the right guys to work for.

the first time in PP was great, massive war going on, dunno who was fighting, ended up getting ganked by some tank lol all sorts of fighting going on outside the neofrag in PP1 must of been about 15-20 people in the area just fighting.

the first trip to the MB was fun as well, there was about 6 or 7 of us who start off, then as we got further from neocron the numbers started dropping off, got there with 2 members, the rest died to evil dragonflies and warbots

J. Folsom
07-01-04, 16:32
Originally posted by ezza
mentioned it inanother thread, but back when i was a noob in the CA i remember looking up at the city admin building thinking damn it looks big, there the right guys to work for.

You mean this thread? (http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=86754)

:p

Anyway, I remember feeling all uber back when I didn't know there was more then the sewers for levelling, and that I was able to kill everything in the lower part of the Plaza/Via Rosso sewers. Came as a nasty shock when I discovered the outzone and storages in there.

ezza
07-01-04, 16:34
Originally posted by J. Folsom

You mean this thread? (http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=86754)

:p

:lol: yup thats the one :D

with my lovely tank picture in all his glory;)

Necrosadistic
07-01-04, 16:40
Playing NC was so much fun at first...

I was using fucking store bought weapons for ages and ages! Until I was near level ../30... I showed myy crap gun to a clanmate and she was like "OMG IT'S STORE BOUGHT!!!!!" and gave me a decently csted and slotted SMG instead...

Leveling till level 20 something in Plaza sewers level 2... Not knowing where the famous aggie cellars were, and leveling past the point where they were on total shit low level mobs...

Driving around in a Rhino with my mate Pi Patel drugged up to hell with constant zoning errors... Getting PKed for the first time when we were in the UG of someones OP "RP drinking" and shooting the bartenders....

Having points in all skills available, not all of which I have even lommed out yet...

LMAO :lol:

Q`alooaith
07-01-04, 16:53
Beta?

wandering around the city zones and trying to work out how to get from A to B, with the yell's of "subway's broken again, don't enter" ringing in my ear's... The city seamed so big...

Retail..

Gathering a group of / newb's (this was before the rank dissplay changes), and taking them into the pepper park sewer's man did they get their butt's kicked so many time's by the mob's.. them where fun time's where you had to worry about if that / tank was realy a >>>> tank who's rank was lower because of synching...

I remember DEA, joining them, getting a lift to Cycrow tagging the GR then going to do a little hunting with my UPC, then seeing Uman appear in local.. oh what fun was it to have the hello emote going just as he killed me.. oh what fun..

Then there was up at MB when HATE was attacking, running up and selling them ammo, getting shot by them so I could get back into MB quickly.. then getting ganked by the defender's because I was running ammo...:p

ahhh good times..

MrBane
07-01-04, 16:53
Spending days trying to find these Public Awareness Lectures that the tannoy kept announcing, until someone told me they don't actually exist.

BBlah.

07-01-04, 16:57
Running out to Yo's at OZ station for cheap cubes to do my research and it having a real feeling of adventure and danger (with an LE chip in!)

My first run out to TH with my main (thought I'd travelled real far out but was really disapointed with TH when I got there)

My first run back to NC from TH with my first alt (still thought it was really far and dangerous as an 0/2 tank). I distinctly remember running down the road from Jeriko to OZ station (and somehow I'd managed to miss Jeriko completely) and asking some guy "Is this the road to Neocron?" when I was literally yards from it (map? what map?)

Having to use NavRay all the time because I didnt know where the hell I was or my way around

The first time I arrived at PP subway station (still one of my fave locations for atmosphere and 'feel' in the game)

and a lot of time in beta 4 wandering around not having a clue what to do or where to go to do it (totally freaked when someone showed me the sewers)

MadJaxII
07-01-04, 17:02
First time I went on a subway in December 2002. I felt Ill afterwards.

Walking into pepper park just to be attacked by a horde of BD, calling for backup which arrived 5 mins later in the form of 30+ friends.

My first time in my first apartment, watching the flying cop car thing fly by.

Q`alooaith
07-01-04, 17:06
just rembered some more..

Up at Cycrow getting yelled at not to kill the chaser's cause they spawn the little one's which give good XP for leveling...

L3m0n
07-01-04, 17:12
Spending all my money watching the ladies dance in the club, pp1

Ivory
07-01-04, 17:16
Getting ganked by Megaman at TH when i was a noob.

I said hi to him and he came over and killed me. That was my 1st memory and has giving me nightmares lol.

Dribble Joy
07-01-04, 17:26
Ah, t'was a cold and wet day early in November and Penny Arcade ran a short review of NC, I checked out the homepage and soon out came the Credit Card.

Tangent promised the wonders of guns and stuff and my little PE was happily running about the sewers killing roaches and poisonous spiders (that weren't poisonous, but they came under hard missions for some reason, much more cash ;))

I remember my first pistol, it was a crap colt buget, store bought, and I don't think I had any/much WEP, the aiming was shite, and I almost lept with joy when it actually hit something.

I managed to get to use a laserpistol, it was awesome, it hit and did wonderful damage.

I ventured into the PP sewers and met some random people, who let me lvl with them. One had a built smg, my jaw dropped when I saw all those numbers. How could he hit so well?!! I was introduced to player made weapons then, I knew you could get them but I had no idea how.
I now had a street model uzi.. leveling was never the same.

I was in Plaza 2 at the city com, and saw some tangents hanging about, desperately trying to pluck up the corage to ask to join their clan, one suddenly spoke to me.

'Hello' said tethryl
'eeek' said DJ
'need a clan?'
'erm... dunno, ok, yes'
'wanna join mine?'
'ok'

CLAN> Everyone meet our new member, Dribble Joy
CLAN> hehe ello...
The first of many times I would curse my char name.....

Jesterthegreat
07-01-04, 17:29
Originally posted by Dribble Joy
The first of many times I would curse my char name..... ahahahahaha :lol: :D :lol:

YoDa-UK
07-01-04, 17:32
When i think back to when i was a new player it makes me warm inside, for me back then NC was so big, so new and very confusing, I remember starting as a tank and using the subway to the outzone station, I managed to find my way outside the main gates of NC, but i had a knife out and got killed by a stormbot, anyway after finding out they will kill anyone with a weapon out, i went back again without my knife "thinking i should not carry it at all lol" I walked downt he ramp and saw a Alpha Wolf, I shit myself when i heard it roar, I ran back into NC real quick LOL.

Other memories are also when i got enough guts to venture out past the wolves, and I ran up to TH to check out what I thought was another city, back in the days of EOE, I remember my first view of a hoverbomber from underneath, I crapped myself and managed to run away from it.

Its great being new in NC, if ever I see a new player I won't tell them where togo for best lvling or crap like that, I will help them by giving them money so they can get about and buy what they need and give them a little help with info IF they ask for it, but other than that let them find out a lot about the world outside on their own, we all look back with the best memories ;)

Who here also remembers the first time they heard a cyclops launcher lol, oh my and a warbot titan, ouch!! :eek:

Also back then server populations of 500+ on pluto :confused:

Oh what happened to it all...............:(

robinitnow
07-01-04, 17:45
Me and Anima (capyoda(Ithink)) got vehrchals at the same time so we just went out for a cruse. It started with me just flooring the throttle and fling my hoverteck into the closes lake LOL oops :lol:. the ride after that was really cool because we got to see so much and most of it was at night. Back then the gyes at the side of the road big trouble and I started by going over to see what they were selling hehe. We found a load of op's that we ran into and found out wither they had geenreps or not.

being given a usi type thing

standing in plaza 1 waiting for customers and the excitement of actually getting some.

joining my first clan

joining NDA

Taking my first outpost with my first clan (me, kodi, capyoda and some other dude) then trying to defend it alone later on that night.

running up to newbees handing them a weapon and running away again.

going for a drive with my first clan on a hoverteck after the clan tank

going on my first op war with NDA and running with them all to the OP

getting wasted by a y-replicant in my jeep through the friking passengers opining

my first solo warbot titan

getting my tangent assault rifle with 4 slots and then almost loosing it after 1/2 an hour. (big thank you to the monk that kept it for me at the MB bunker)

second time at MB bunker (that rocked)

getting set apon by 5 launcher cyclops ( I had to hide behind a tree :D)

toughs DAM RATS!!!!

the joy of rig running in my hoverteck in the days when the hilly bits were not ruled by the y-replicants

seeing my first jonny 5 (and failing to kill it abysmally)

going to teckhavon for the first time (and getting badly lost)

killing a teck haven sentry turret with a sword O_o

getting wasted by a sole cluster

just plane following capyoda around the place in viaroso

threatening to kill the friendly GM in my first clan apartment before I realized who he was

running to my first clan apartment after some one was PK'ed in it. (the git ran for it)

well I could go on:D

edditied a bit in

Jesterthegreat
07-01-04, 17:49
Originally posted by robinitnow
standing in plaza 1 waiting for customers and the excitement of actually getting some.

there is a "working girl" class now days? O_o :lol:

:edit: its nothing personal... i just read "getting some" and have a dirty mind :p

robinitnow
07-01-04, 17:55
did't see that:lol:

Zanathos
07-01-04, 18:00
My first memories are way back in beta.

All I remember is being an HC tank huntin mobs outside TG with a ryker laser cannon and an NCPD ray gun cannon later on.

A clan asked me to join them, one that literally went around just killing people. God bless that old system.

They wanted me to join because I actually put up a good fight against 4 of them. This was in the pepper park sewers. Not the fight but where we talked. We fought in the outzone.

That and when I went to the vehicle depot at Jeriko, there was a bunch of guys in a tank just killing everything they saw, including other runners and their vehicles :eek:

Oh! And having vegetation on all the way, AND HAVING GOOD FRAME RATE TOO!

OH OH! And fighting warbots in storage cellar level 4 :)

Damn they freaked me out!

Constantin
07-01-04, 19:08
back at beta

be monk and have rank 81/xx and 5th place at serwer - damn i was so proud

see Chaos Queen spell for first time

clans.. S&P then NAT

ppl.. WaRBaBe, Kiwi, Rizzy and many more

damn InsidiousWolf with his god mode at MB bunker

first walk to MB.. damn i was dieing hundred times :)

driving APC full of clannies to help em tag GReps.. great time

Agent L
07-01-04, 19:10
being given 100'000nc in very first minutes of my char life - "first n00b that opens trade..."(incoming money wipe made ppl that generous)

stealing first customers from Ze - phantom poking as they ran by :-D - that's from my medi hall spot came from.

first folks that actually came to me : )

Maker of Stuff, idol of Quinn's childchood.

Everybody talking about "uberflashlights"

first gun - Lightwand and very first trips to outzone - I found that spot with little brigde, sometimes big scorpion spawned there so I killed her babies to get chitin everyone were looking for.

Lexxuk as a Spy - w00t!

Every spy whining when Rhyker napalm lasercannon (did I spelled it right?) got moved to cannons - changed to str.

ASG with only minatures of vechicles and KK keeping promising real ones - damn, we couldn't wait for them.

WBs in storage halls! They were big and scary! I desynced and when I relogged I appeared just infront of his toes. I swear, he looked down on me, little surprised, I started to run away to get aroud the corner, got freezed and just-just when I was about to reach safety - free GR trip.

Uberbug with stacking one-shoot damage. Ppl killed WBs like rats. Too bad I didn't :p

Exploit with stock-x - when it finally got released.
I always was aware that new exploit is in town - tips reaching 100'000'000 and everything was clear :-D

Crackheads, before they joined with Malevolence

Chaos Sisters, PEs in PA, noone belived them! And unlabeled drugs like "medic botle" that made this possible.

Taking my first deep trip to wastelands when Pluto was to be shut down - I made nearly to MB. I still have screenshoots somewhere with "ADMIN : say goodbye to your chracters".

Sploiting vendor in OZ station - that idiot was seling hacktools cheaper then buying them.

Finally getting retail keys imported from Germany for insane price - just 3 days b4 NC showed up in shop next door.

Firs log to retail just to find out that all my friends are nearly capped : )

Impressed n00bs when "Uncle" Cryton in PA patrolled sewers after I got PKed.

And my very favourite bug with trade window unable to acquire keyboard focus. After that many time, it is still with us. Each time I see numbers rising by 1 I remember cashcubes and all old times.

To you morons who wants debug NC - bugs are its heart and soul !

extract
07-01-04, 19:19
I was one of those people when i first started the game I thought noob MC5 WAS the game and stayed there til i was like /30 and had like 700k turning in those borked cpu chips.......

I was FA......and my first never to forget experience was going into pepper park without my LE and running into a BD named harvey birdman........yea my first ganking, I dm'd him cursing and shit......we talked for about 20 minutes.....turned out to be good ingame friends in the end, but ill never forget the adrenaline rush when i tried to run for dear life......

after that the first nicest experience Ive ever had, was running into a monk named foulduesa, who gave me a free viarosso apartment full of cool stuff, and some lvl 3 monk imps i needed for free.....I think its outcomes like that, that in the end kept me playing this game

Jest
07-01-04, 19:20
The first time I saw a Hoverbomber.

The first time I saw a rare weapon (Casius with a Libby at Grant :p )

The first op I ever hacked (Ceres Mine from EoB)

My first op war (Against TeCH at Tyron)

The first time I ever got parashocked and then destroyed (Redd Harvest in Industrial 2)

The first person I ever killed solo (:lol: Michael Dane with my droner)

My first kill with my PE (dog when he was camping the MB GR and I GRed through it ;))

The first op my clan ever owned (Malstrond, and still my favorite op)

Dribble Joy
07-01-04, 19:25
Being taken outside NC for the first time, and seeing an alpha wolf. Lvl 29!!!!!!! omg I'm gonna die. Most powerfull thing I had met at that point was a aggie cap.

ReefSmoker
07-01-04, 19:45
I'll never forgot wasting Nathan Profitt and his friends with a plasma pistol after he killed a few ppl at an event Snow hosted in OZ Station back in beta. First real taste of PvP and I annihilated the opposition. Got warned for fighting at the event but it was ok, I'd exacted revenge on the people who ganked Snow's little brother so I was happy.

Maester Seymour
07-01-04, 20:32
Some of my memories..

1. Being given some nice imps by a guy called Shield & met his mate BadAtitude(aka Cyma) - who i was in the same clans with up until he left NC. Experiencing the Industrial storage halls for the first time that day was great fun.

2. Me and a few people i'd started a tiny CA clan on Uranus were in our clan appy, and suddenly this lass appeared in the doorway ringing the bell.

We kindly asked this tank to leave, and we all drew out our lil noob weapons lol. So she pulled out her's and wiped us all out.

She then had bad sl and begged to use our GR to get out so she didn't meet up with the copbots lol. (she was stood in the hallway at this time)In the end she gave us some money to use the gr and we let her go. I think she then got an arsing from her clan leader for killing us hehe

(I got no idea what her name was, but that was funny to think of)

3. My first outing to the MB and TH with Kub & Retro, long time ago now ^^ Hacked my first wbs that day :D I was totally amazed at seeing TH.
I hacked sum1 else's wb before they got to it and they pk'd meh, oops

4. My first rare, was a 2 slot PE with arti damage and range for Kena, my now deleted PE.

5. First person that pk'd me afaik was doob, i was omw to checkout the pussyclub and he got meh before i got there heh.
Also Matt UK, i'd just spent ages trying to reach CRP as i'd heard how good it was for leveling around there (the cave on uranus was shut back then for a while), i'd tried once already and the TG guards got meh hehe. Second try i'd just about reached it, when RepirDude came around the corner and killed me within a few seconds.
....i never reached the gr in time, grrrr bah

6. First person i killed wasn't for a while as the clan i made didn't really do any pvp at the time. Was ITAK-MAN, i'd just taken my new noob droner into the aggie cellers to level and he killed me whilst droning. I was about 2/5, so i logged Maester Seymour (who then was an apu) and kicked his ass with a toxic beam :D

7. First time i ever went anywhere but the sewers to level was in OZ with my rl m8, he had to log, and left me there to lvl for a bit. I tried for ages trying to find my way out, in the end i had to call him to come rescue me :p

steweygrrr
07-01-04, 20:34
Starting NC and walking straight into a clan (the Rangers).
Getting given 250k by WoK (who has now left the Rangers =()
Being given a Healing Light for free
My first OP war as a /12 noob....It was awesome, there were actually tactics involved. Of course I died cos I charged a monk with an FA and had to wait 5 mins to be rezzed but watching that battle made it all worthwhile.
Hunting at El Farid with my clanmates, ok I died like 12 times but it was SOOO much fun!
Killing a warbot titan for the first time
Finding a Core of CS as my first rare after hacking the titan =)
Rolling a tank to see what all the fuss was about...

the list goes on :)

SorkZmok
07-01-04, 20:42
Exploring the outzone and meeting my first Hurler. Boy i was so scared when i saw that guy, i just stood there and got wasted my his grenades.

Leaving NC the first time. The looks when i stepped through the main gate were awesome. Mostly cause i was stuck inside the crap noob sewers for the two weeks before.

Some guy giving me 50k when i was a 0/3. I just thought "OMG he must be RICH!"

MY first pvp experiences. Although i lost about the first 50 or so fights.

Candaman
07-01-04, 20:47
My first ever clan the almighty FLA and JNKY running me to NC on my second day in game i thought bats and stingers were the scariest fucking things in the game with jnky continously tl3 healing me and me have a -20 stamina pool and a 0 ath 0 ag speed setup i was 1337.

Getting my first 2 con lvls by clan members punching me and not telling me the key to get my fist off so i just ran at them.

Shouts out to JNKY who has recently come back to the game and my old clan leader Preacher230 umm freebaseX can't think of any others sorry guys.

Revslad
07-01-04, 21:29
il never forget hearing a butchee and a enlightend alcolite in the oz and nearly shit maself i was like omg lol:eek:

Hayato
07-01-04, 21:47
Creating Hayato lgging on to Pluto and spending a WEEK stuck in MC5 till a reroll came thru and showed me the exit.

The first time I ganked someone was at MB against a high lvl Tank PKer. We got word he was on his was out to gank us at bunker so all of us were gonna rush him.

shodanjr_gr
07-01-04, 22:21
Hehehhe, my fave noobie moments.

Getting my first dex level :)

Using my first laserblade.

Using my first plasma pistol.

Getting PKed by Megaman and Stavros down at MB.

PKing people at the MB bunker using my copot plasma rifle.

Ninja hacking an enemy OP (i think it was a Gang one) and suddenly 40 enemy tanks GR at the place and instakill me.

Getting my first rare.

Trying to find those lectures given by the NCPD

Trying to find the dangerous criminal sighted inside the inner city limits.

Soloing my first WB.

Going thru the secret passage into NC and thinking that i was uber, believing that i was the first to find it, since there was noone else around there.

Carinth
07-01-04, 22:32
Wow this is going back to beta, Carinth v1 would hunt in the pp1 sewers. He had his LE in because I was a noob and wasn't ready to fight people yet. While killing, a group of shady looking runners cornered me. They tried to insult me, saying 'I've seen your damage and it's nothing compared to mine.' 'Why don't you take off your le, panzy.' It should be mentioned that they were at least twice my rank : ) With my LE faithfuly protecting me I ignored them and continued on killing mutant scouts. This definitly left a big impression on me, Neocron was a violent and unsafe world. Thankfuly the LE gave me a chance to get on my feet before I try pvp. On a different note, it also prepared me for how immature the community can be : ) People getting their jollies harrasing someone obviously much weaker then them.

Second big moment in Neocron for me, was still in Beta but after a player wipe. I had until then spent my entire life inside the city. I joined a small clan and the leader took me on a ride in his Rhino. My jaw just about hit the floor while we drove through the waste. This world is humongous, and with graphic settings up it looks pretty too. Of course that trip ended with a couple hoverbombers trapping us on between two mountains. After that, exploring the waste was one of my favorite hobbies. The waste was filled with a lot more mobs then it is now. So it was really dangerous for someone out on their own. Warbots/Hovers/Doom Reapers en masse were pretty scary : )

greendonkeyuk
07-01-04, 22:34
wow, my first memories of nc....

hmm

my first two weeks of nc were spent in the level 1 sewers by myself stabbing rats with my penknife till about level 14. After that my bro (doc h) got into it too so i had to show him where to go and stuff. i felt cool showing someone else around. the first person i properly spoke to was white rabbit as he stood in plaza all the time jus poking everyone. he gave doc n me some money and some tips on where to go and what to do. i remember the first time we went into the sewers together and i was just learning to hack, another dude came along with a pain easer (god how i wanted one of those!) and hacked one of the doors in the sewer and went down to the underground part. doc (being doc) decided to follow this guy as i was busy fighting a rat (god they were hard) upstairs. of course 20 seconds later the door shut and he got locked in. i tried about 30 times to open the locked door but couldnt do it for some reason. i think i had only 15 points or somethin in the skill and didnt have a clue how to light the lights properly. in the end i went running out of the sewer screaming to rabbit help help docs locked in the sewer! hes gonna hate me for sayin this im sure but rabbit came back to the game recently and we had such a laugh chatting about it on clan chat.

other than that i remember the first time doc and t-x and me went into the outzone looking for the legendary launcher cyclopses that gto velina had told us about. man those times were fun.

wow nostalgia is a powerful emotion.

5 stars

ino
07-01-04, 23:47
Heh the memory from back then I remember the most was when I was real nooby like 2 months after retail got live, I was in Outzone and I met this monk that shouted that I should get the hell out of there cause some crackheads where there.. Well I thought the crackheads where some cool mobs so I charged DOH! :)

Another nice mem is first time I got up the curage on me lillte spy to go outside the city walls, asked friends on clan chat if there where any really dangerous mobs like right outside or not, and they said no. Then somewhere arround crest village I ran in to 3 Warbot titans?? They looked soo cool and I asked in clan what theese things where, and as the noob I was I had to get closer to look :) But by the time the said I should run for me life they had allready gotten interested by me and you know poff poff dead. Really wierd place to find warbots in, never ever seen them there again. But it was a scary moment heh.

Ohh and I shot one of thoose german speaking npc monks in grassland somewhere by accident, that was pretty fun the 90/90 one and I died.

Flea
08-01-04, 00:47
Originally posted by L0KI
[COLOR=skyblue]
*Keypad taking me on a PK tour of Pepper Park, getting us all lost in OZ, so we had to reset position :lol: [COLOR]

ooooooooooooo yeah, that was me, i remember that, was fun as hell.

L0KI
08-01-04, 00:55
Originally posted by Flea
ooooooooooooo yeah, that was me, i remember that, was fun as hell.

Yep, well and truly was :D

Military Ten
08-01-04, 01:03
ahh my never forgetful memories..well it was on the Uranus server where I was taught everything. Ginger invited me into his clan since I was friends with Thiwwy. then thiwwy taught me everything as a tank, he got me weapons and when i was str 19 he gave me a sexy u. laser cannon and we went to gabanium and started hunting. i uberly sexily lvled. then ginger took me and thiwwy on a ride around the map in a Troop Carrier. we went all around the map. Tech Haven, almost all the ops and Military Base. couldnt go to TG cuz we were CA.

and my other great memory was my first PvP kill. thiwwy was killing an APU left him at low health and i was an APU with Holy Energy Halo. i started to r0x the apu and i killed him. >3 my first experience with negative soullight

Style
08-01-04, 02:23
first time i capped someone in the sewe and got tracked down by his clan all the way to my apartment with the bounty system, i thought that was nang.

Trillian
08-01-04, 05:12
* Hacking my first op. It was foster, and i ninja'd it from NDA.

*DX-Defender giving me my first Liberator

* The old TeCH days, heh, those were fun.

Xian
08-01-04, 05:30
I remember first starting out and getting shown around Viarosso 2 by an old CS buddy. He explained the GRs, Gogos and how Yo's worked (over Teamspeak), along with the sewers. I thought it was a godsend as I knew absolutely nothing despite NC being the first game I read the manual for.

I spent the better part of a week inside Viarosso 2; and I was protopharm, so I didn't get shot much. I thought a claw was the coolest thing on Earth, and I almost creamed myself when I got my PE up to the required STR level for one in the sewers. At that point, my PE was a poking/constructing/researching/weaponlore/heavy combat/melee combat/very fast with high health/pistol/rifle user. The only distinct thing was I had lots of PPU with no APU at all; that had been all I'd been able to work out. Those were the days.

My first trip to MB was memorable as I ran there with the guy who helped me in the first place. He ran over a mountain top, disappeared over the ridge for a second, and ran back up cursing over the microphone, saying "go back drags, you don't wanna go that way". I asked why, and he said "fine, follow me" - lo and behold, over the ridge was a behemoth of a hoverbot. I almost shit myself. :D

Oh, and regularly pissing myself when I saw HATE in the local list. Loved that.

Captain Kirk
08-01-04, 05:44
My first memories of NC is when i made my first char, a spy named Mick.
I didnt know wtf i was doin but i kept puttin my int in hack and made a livin from hackin the armour box's in the lvl 1 sewers.

Then a i bumped into a guy named Trivial (whos teh sex)
and he tried for like an hour to make me a slotted n00b pistol for my spy :)

Eventually i ended up goin FA with him and lomming to droner and constantly getting pwned by a lvl 50 Megaman. Then got sick of bein pwned, made a hybrid (DIS) and went on to keel the FA myself :D bring back the old days!!

Military Ten
08-01-04, 11:35
omg i forgot one BIG experience for me, and most people might agree

The rush and chills down your spine thinking about the "Big Yellow Ball". wondering what it might be like then suddenly your friend hacks it open you rush in find the secret door you walk inside and see a ball no larger than a spy..then you wonder.."WTF! Why is this here? It isn't so great."

Original monk
08-01-04, 11:56
Originally posted by ReefSmoker
I'll never forgot wasting Nathan Profitt and his friends with a plasma pistol after he killed a few ppl at an event Snow hosted in OZ Station back in beta. First real taste of PvP and I annihilated the opposition. Got warned for fighting at the event but it was ok, I'd exacted revenge on the people who ganked Snow's little brother so I was happy.

nathan was the 1st person i activly Pked :P

after he raped me and some other noobs with a flamer in PP1

we raped em with a small team including me, max jefferson and some people droppin by at that moment :)

i got he's 3 slot poisonflamer and sold it on tradechannel :)

after that he gave me a few mill tough ... he was the biggest exploiter alive back then (this was way before the stockx-exploit)

I miss nathan, i wonna gank em again :P

Ryuben
08-01-04, 13:54
first memory is wandering around TH on my noob hybrid....completly LOST with like 6 friends on buddy (who introduced me to the game :D) and asking where i was and laughing at me.

Throwing away my noob spell and equiping my knife as the spell was red :D didn't have my glvoe in

Being driven from TH to NC in a little red car by my m8 and constantly driveing into Y-reps chasers hovers and getting stuck in ditches rofl:lol: msut have died like 10 times

joining The Brotherhood and my first op fight @ east gate being driven there in a APC by J@cko :D

fight against NDA @ soliko man that was one of THE best op fights

getting a 4 slot chaos ava spell and clan m8 saying "this is worth like 400k so don't sell it u have to kill a shit load of mobs then this huge beast of a mobto get it and some times i don't drop" :lol: :lol:

*sigh* i miss the old days

robinitnow
08-01-04, 17:12
When I was at the Pluto dance some one found a problem with the clipping of some boxes so wee all ran into this space behind the boxed and got stuck for a while :rolleyes: .

Then when I was out I found twenty cron beer in the middle of the dance floor so I decided not to let them go to waste :D .

Unfortunately I was now so drunk that I could not move and could barly see! but I could hear and talk so I announced that Heavypoker was the winner of the beauty competition :cool: .

zii
08-01-04, 18:33
* Getting electoshocked/CS'ed by Ginger Magician in PP when we were meant to kill the BD NPCs together, when I was a rank 30-ish. My QB was full crap so there was nothing for me to loose.

* Killing noobs in Outzone wearing my first tank PA suit. I gave them a couple of seconds to say "peace", or "lvl'ing, so please don't shoot" ;)

* My first lift from TG Cannons to the city in a vechicleby a German TG guy.

* Being rank 25 and entering the Worm tunnels felling tough with my Inquisistion Armour... :)

* Hiding on the roof of the entrance of NC with a laser cannon shooting people as they left the city. Hee hee.

ben77890
08-01-04, 19:05
http://www.angelfire.com/emo/fishz/Sync.GIF

i remember this most of all...oh and having 1.2 billion credits

Clownst0pper
08-01-04, 19:41
Seeing Andy Constable with a Pain Easer, which actually forced me to level kaolin to be better than him.

Look at him now, he sucks and guess whos the better Spy? And also guess who capped before him even tho he had like 3months head start :cool:

jj dynomite
08-01-04, 19:51
I remember the medkit powerarmour for the tanks.

That was sweet.

jj dynomite
08-01-04, 19:53
Originally posted by Trillian
* Hacking my first op. It was foster, and i ninja'd it from NDA.

*DX-Defender giving me my first Liberator

* The old TeCH days, heh, those were fun.

Yeah....i miss the old TeCH days.

i join the clan and am handed 20 billion credits. Wonderful.

Twitch
09-01-04, 07:11
running around with crack whore in beta 4 with flame throwers and oldy moldy was a monk and we'd kill everybody lolol, beta was so much fun when it actually worked

oh and when torque and demon-surge and i would trash vehicles at mb, and stir shit up at TH

ServeX
09-01-04, 07:23
watching regulators (EON) fight r-tech in beta at jeriko. and I remember fighting at military base bunker while leveling....and making new characters every other day and each char had like 62 VHC skill :X. This was on Neptune Beta server btw.

thewarrior008
09-01-04, 07:27
the first time serve aproached me in start of retail asking me to join his clan cuz i invited him to RPD in beta when i was coleader... lol.... tat kinda stuff u neva forget... and also the mision to "proof " a player in order to join RPD in beta times was to kill someone which serve did and after tat me and him kiled his budies(the victims) 24/7 at regant while they were bubling how bad we are hahaahh IREMBA TAT OMG

solling
09-01-04, 11:08
First time i ventured from the city (was on saturn before pluto launch) we headed out and i almost shit my pants when i heard the copbot saying put ur weapon down and ran away as fast as my n00bi lil spy leg could carry me we copntinued out zoned north once and half the clan crashed :D

then we met a swarm of mutant bats thought ha we can take em we started hitting em and everyone dropped within 30 sec
10 peops or so dead from mutant bats now that was fun

slaughteruall
09-01-04, 11:12
My first OP fight. It was at northstar and was a blast. Only bad thing was a low lvl apu in the heart of tank-o-cron.

Slaughter

Siygess
09-01-04, 12:33
Hmm, I'd say that there were three early memories of NC that I remember with a strange sense of fondness:

1) Getting pk'ed by Titus Endor all the time. It was uncanny the number of times we ran in to each other. Still, at least he had the decency to gloat about it in character :)

2) The first time myself and two friends got out hovertechs. We rode from NC up to MB.. it was like easy rider, but with warbots.

3) Not getting killed by Cracky on the only occasion I met him - I was at one of the vendors in MB and he came in and shot me in the back. I lept over the counter and hid behind the NPCs (hey, I was only 25/35). He asked why I wasn't defending myself, so I opened a trade window and showed him my 2 slotted TAR. He laughed, put his PE away and left. What a guy :D

rob444
09-01-04, 14:06
When I just bought the game, created a spy char and got into a clan, they took me on a trip (I dont know where). We got to an op and there was an enemy tank on the hill far far away, he was using malediction and shot into the op. He blew up our vehicle and killed a couple of other guys in the op. I did survive by running away but then a drone came and killed my spy. After that, I've always wanted to be a tank like that :)

t0tt3
09-01-04, 17:10
Remeber when I saw monks doing HL shots on mobs...
SOOO COOL!!!!

And the first time I went out to outzone and walked to MB maan it was so big and what a rush when I saw a WB :D

subsys
09-01-04, 17:20
standing in the ground floor of a lift in vr talking to divide about nothing in perticular for several hours.

definatly the standout moment for me, first time i ever felt that this was a community not just another game!

Matthew.v.smith
09-01-04, 18:42
*using a knife for about a month because i had no money to buy decent weaponry*
*trying about 5 times to kill a knife weilding mutant each time dieing 8| (rank was Very low).*

*having to sit on top of spiders and rats to hit them with my "poor unlabled Submachinegun"* :lol:

Joining my first clan at rank 20 (still using my good old starter knife :p)Getting advice on lomming Lomed to fully Pistols got my first Good Weapon and went to celebrate by doing amazing DMG to sewer Rats and spiders :D

Eventually moved up to aggys once I had learnt all about ranks
and what they meant.
managed to kill the Corp mutants and aggys on my own.

After another month i was making aims for myself such as "reach dex 60 by today= 5 lvls) and then using this i managed to use new guns very quickly.

Went hunting with Stilgar and we used to group kill Hover bombers and me hack em
after about 2 and a half months I got my new libby @ spy and then lost it l8r by some lame SL loss from a shopkeeper :(

payed for another using my lootbelt-getrare-sell money.

Eventually after a little while i was able to PK quite well (Even with 0 resists because I had never been informed of resists)

Life went on.....about 2 months later I went FA
joined a new clan get some more lvls,spy PA out got lvl 2 set.

with the help of a m8 chenged resists.

Now im a perfectly set up spy took me a long time and a LOT of patients (several times i felt like "enough!" but i stuck with neocron :)

Matty :angel:

Head_-Hunter
09-01-04, 18:53
I started to play NC over a year ago, these are the things I ll never forgett:

-Coming out of my app seeing the city, and thinking "holy shit, how the hell should I ever get to know all this places?
-Trying to find my app (the first few days I always went off in my app)
till some told me about f9:D .
-The first time I got PK in the sewer 1 in plaza 3 by Zero0.
-Everytime when I got attacked, I was putting all my stuff in my inventory so I wont drop anything:lol:
-Walking to TH, the first time a dog killed me, the second time I fell from a cliff, the third time vokuhila and his gang killed me and after that I finaly made it:) .
-Opening a clan after 3 weeks of playing :lol: , called Neocroner mafia (being a CA:lol: :lol: :lol: ).
-Trying to walk to the MB and ending up in Tescom Uplink.
-Going on my first Tank ride outside of NC, then fallin out of the tank and didnt know where I am and waiting 30 minutes for the driver to pick my up again ( I was somewhere near Jeriko :lol: ).

ichinin
09-01-04, 20:13
- Sitting for an entire day in my appartment dragging implants in and out of myself to gain exp :D Ahhh.. the ignorance of beeing a noob.

- Getting my noob character parashocked and killed for the first time by w33man, yeah - my /15 PE must have been a real threat to him. (I pity him, really.. we were not even enemies)

- Joining a clan, only to find out that only me and 3 others were online regularly and the rest of the members were endangered species.

- Finding my first rare; outside MB, noone was present and a warbot was laying at my feet with an E-part in it.

- When i found a VERY cool place to level up as APU and also another good place for a noob sniper to level up.. *shhhh*