PDA

View Full Version : Drones STILL need ALOT of lovin ...

\\Fényx//
07-01-04, 05:34
ok, gonna go for something obscenely odd here, instead of a nerf thread, im askin for a boost to one of the underpowerd subclasses 8| Droners .....

I have a droner, I like playin around with drones, being a sneaky git etc tryin to pick off people that dont even know im there :) All would be fine and dandy if we did some fuckin respectable damage .....

All's good with the revenge that drone kicks ass, but, a droners a spy, a spy has fuck all STR so cant carry alot, meaning with 2 or 3 main PB drones, their carying 8-10 kami's .....

The PB drones however, they may do 'ok' damage, but the ROF is downright pathetic, Ive had times where on my PE I could outheal a TL 106(?) PB20 ..... now, get a PE that can outheal and TL105 CS .....

Theyve 'fixed' the way that drones fly at long last, Ive noticed my drones dnt get stuck in the ground anymore while outside, they 'bounce' off like they should do, but even tho its a drone, and you can just cast another one when they die, the haze you get after a single hit is so much that you cant see shit atall, so cant dodge, so you get hit again, and again, and yer drone dies by the time that haze has gone

SO heres what I suggest:

Either removal of the haze when getting hit, or a much lesser effect, no other class gets fully blinded when their hit ...
Big boost to the ROF on ParticleBeam drones and the Particle Nemesis rare drone
Boost in the damage that the higher TL drones give, their the highest TL rares in the game and do jack shite for damage, the Punisher has no use other than murdering mobs, yet this also has shite ROF (see above)
Maybe make it so that for ever 'single' BP you make from a drone when constructed makes 5 drones instead of 1, up the amount of parts needed on the ingredients list ofcourse :)

Whaddya think ? I dont wanna hear ANYONE bloody say that droners are overpowerd, need a nerf, already have enough toys etc, especially you shadow, I KNOW Im askin for something that wont benefit your APU in anyway, well APUs have enough good shit already ...

Ryuben
07-01-04, 05:39
its a good idea and as people can't bitch about it no one will take notice of it, some times i think half the people on here are jsut here for another coffee morning bitching session :rolleyes: oh is shad here

\\Fényx//
07-01-04, 05:41
Originally posted by Ryuben
:rolleyes: oh is shad here

Hope not :p

Anyways, theres a reason why theres like 3 full droners per server, 1 of thems using it to level int/dex fast, the other 2 are self masochistic bastards that like playing the most gimped gimps of all the gimped calsses in gimpocron .....

Andronicus
07-01-04, 05:45
I agree - drones are still underpowered. But I would much rather see the manueverabilty made better than the damage it deals.

\\Fényx//
07-01-04, 05:50
Originally posted by Hamlet
I agree - drones are still underpowered. But I would much rather see the manueverabilty made better than the damage it deals.

The manouverability i find on my droners allrite, Its a TL 115 poker, rest of INT in wpw, pure RCL in DEX, Cant quite use a PN yet without popping a redflash, INT's at about 101 with imps i think aswell.

Kami drones fucking fly like shit off a shovel, PN's are the same, I find it ALOT better now that you can just bounce off the floor instead of getting stuck, Also seems easier getting some height aswell now

Shadow Dancer
07-01-04, 05:58
Oh look Ryuben adding a useless troll remark, surprise!

Anyways I agree with Fenyx about droners needing alot of loving. They suck IMO. I'm not sure about them getting an offensive boost though. But i definitely thing they need ALOT of work. Maybe making it less painful to actually maintain a droner.

And fenix, honestly shut up. I don't think everyone is overpowered. Only ppus and MAYBE pes. And when was the last time I asked for something that benefited my apu?
Why don't you learn to read? Or is that too hard for you? I've never even said that droners were overpowered. I've said countless times they suck and are underpowered. But somehow you missed that didn't you? I won't even comment on the silly comment about apus having enough good shit already.

:rolleyes:

BombShell
07-01-04, 05:58
i dont think droners need a big boost but wut it hink thay need is

-slots in drones which will give them more damage and fre which will help alot.

-and able to use drones like a pistol. allowing it to hav some defence aginst someoen that finds them. like how u hold ur drone up but like a small pistol. just dont use a kami :)

and it might help lvl ur con and str better

and hav kami drone ingnore shelters or deflector :)

Drexel
07-01-04, 06:20
Gotta agree with most of that.

We need a plasma drone that does about 80% of the damage of a CS, then id be playing my droner alot more.

or, a sniper drone based on a Silent Hunter, that would rock.

Or, How about a super tuff melee drone that has to make contact with the target & does damage with little swirling blades, (damn, im getting excited).

Not sure about removing the fuziness after a drone loss, the idea is to alow the person time to escape or find the droner, after all, you did just 'die' as a drone, if you could immediatly launch a fleet of kami's then no-one would ever live through a drone attack.

Also, I still get 'stuck' in the ground when i hit it, might bounce about 50% of the time, it annoying. When was this fixed for you ?, it has happened since patch 194 for me.

So, yes, give drones some lov'n, its a fasinating angle on combat that is unique to Neocron & therefore is worthy of special attention, otherwise well be just like any other FPS.

Hippieman
07-01-04, 06:33
First I wouldnt mind them fixing the lose your faction for no damn reason while being a LE droner first.

Other then that good ideas and yatta yatta yatta.

bounty
07-01-04, 07:02
Originally posted by Hippieman
First I wouldnt mind them fixing the lose your faction for no damn reason while being a LE droner first.

From my experience, I play a non-LE droner and still have that happen to me, so i doubt that is the source of the problem. But yeah, i agree.

Mr_Snow
07-01-04, 07:06
Drones are just fubar atm, and i doubt anyone will disagree with this .

Damage RoF should be upped, they should fix that drones weight heavier then their component parts because thats just weird and annoying when you end up over weight because of this.

There are so many drone bugs that need to be fixed that Im not bothered listing them but hopefully kk will get round to it fairly soon or atleast with DOY.

\\Fényx//
07-01-04, 07:08
Originally posted by Drexel
Gotta agree with most of that.

We need a plasma drone that does about 80% of the damage of a CS, then id be playing my droner alot more.

or, a sniper drone based on a Silent Hunter, that would rock.

Or, How about a super tuff melee drone that has to make contact with the target & does damage with little swirling blades, (damn, im getting excited).

Not sure about removing the fuziness after a drone loss, the idea is to alow the person time to escape or find the droner, after all, you did just 'die' as a drone, if you could immediatly launch a fleet of kami's then no-one would ever live through a drone attack.

Also, I still get 'stuck' in the ground when i hit it, might bounce about 50% of the time, it annoying. When was this fixed for you ?, it has happened since patch 194 for me.

So, yes, give drones some lov'n, its a fasinating angle on combat that is unique to Neocron & therefore is worthy of special attention, otherwise well be just like any other FPS.

Its been about the last 2-3 patches that ive not got stuck in the ground, yea i lose speed but it bounces off for me...

I dont mean the small synapse after getting a drone destroyed, I mean the complete 'drug haze' effect you get every time your drones hit...

Originally posted by Hippieman

Yea thats also a big problem, The reason is because the drone doesent count as being LE'd, another problem is in teams, the drone doesent count as being teamed so you lose SL there aswell...

bounty
07-01-04, 07:13
Yeah sorry, more on topic, range needs increased, hitbox needs shrunk and damage should be increased just slightly. Also a new pvp friendly drone besides the PN should be added.

Their resists need reworked so that it takes more than 2 HL's to bring down. Remember this is a weapon that is suppose to subsitute someone with a gun and as of now has no shelter or def, or buffs to protect it. The entire droning system needs reworked. Drones should be less expensive to build. Mods are a really dumb idea cause building 25 PNs is time and money consuming enough as is, who wants to go through and buy 25 mods and get a constructor to add 25 mods? not me. They could do more peirce damage or something in return for not needing modded. Revenge range should be increased slightly. Can't think of anymore right now.

Keyol45743241
07-01-04, 07:36
More damage isn't a solution. What we need is: Shelterbreaking Ammo
Removal of the old and new bugs, like for example that you only do 1/3 damage of the victims maximum hitpoints with a kami, that you can't hear your factionchannel while droning or that people who join your team with +t name (or got invited by someone else already in the team) while you're droning can't hear you :rolleyes:
New toys: For example a drone that looks like a small scorpion, can't fly but delivers a devastating three or four shot poison attack before self destructing. Add to it a secondary "drughaze" effect, and the enemies PPU will dance the flying cockroach to your assault
Other new toys - we're called "riggers" after Shadowrun, aren't we? Yes, I can drive, even a rhino with imps. But where is the man/machine integration? Why ain't a rigger per se a better driver than his Monkeh counterpart? Why can't we drive and gun our vehicle at the same time, using remote control and willpower to shoot it??
Item, like an armorpart or tool or whatever, that lets us kneel while droning and removes us out of the localwindow for the duration the drone is in the air + 15 secs. Thus we won't get found too easily anymore :rolleyes: PPU nerf... most importantly. The only class whose appearance completely negates our efforts.

With the coming removal of safezones in the cities, we're going to be even more victimized then already. There must be a reason why we don't lom to the Disruptor/Obliterator setup. Make us feared out in the wastes but sucky in the city. Long distance and prepared fights, we should rule, short range and any fight that is forced upon us, we shall loose. The "sucky" and "loose" part you did allright already, now start adding some power :rolleyes::D:p

Shadow Dancer
07-01-04, 07:45
How about advanced scout drones that can stealth and use night/thermal vision? On a somewhat unrelated note, how come "spies" the masters of technology don't have more gadgets? I just finished playing splinter cell, and it would be cool if spies in general had alot more toys that could help with stealth or peeveepee.

Keyol45743241
07-01-04, 07:50
That too.. an unarmed scoutdrone, that can mark - maybe with a big red arrow pointing to it - targets (maybe visible to all, maybe only the team... discuss!) for the cost of a little bit of energy and see (and then mark of course) stealthers for the cost of a lot of energy. You positively need a team to kill the stealther since your drone is unarmed. But that marking is way better... it can be used to coordinate opfights! But untill then, the various chat bugs associated with drones need to be fixed urgently!

Besides.... Alt-D doesn't work in a drone, too :rolleyes:

J. Folsom
07-01-04, 10:52
Also, another highly super mega-important fix. (Well, if you like making screenshots anyway. :p)

Make /set ctrl_renderhud 0 work while droning!

*cough*

Anyway, I rather like the idea of having some far sturdier but slow and non-flying drones, something sort of like the TH Security Bots, except without the obscenely powerful attack. (Well, actually I'd like having that attack, but I don't think the rest of the world would :p)

Velvet
07-01-04, 12:34
Originally posted by J. Folsom
*cough*
Anyway, I rather like the idea of having some far sturdier but slow and non-flying drones, something sort of like the TH Security Bots, except without the obscenely powerful attack. (Well, actually I'd like having that attack, but I don't think the rest of the world would :p)

*sigh*
Oh whow, sitting in my app. and steering a Rhino through the wastes!:p
How about remote controlling the new flying vehicles?
I think we all can imagine at least 563 more drone types!:D

jj dynomite
07-01-04, 12:47
I think we all can imagine at least 563 more drone types!:D [/B]

Including but not limited to....

Transport drones - One that has about a 80-100 max weight capacity. Loot those mobs you just killed before somebody can come and ninja loot it.

Hacking Drones - RCL is a part of hacking, why now make it vice versa. I would like a drone that can hack and transport (see above) the loot back to me.

Ground drones - like the scorpion idea above You can even make like a mini johnny 5 drone. Shoots a POWERFUL energy blast, but is freking slow and cant hide in the air like the other drones.

There's plenty more ideas out there. I know Callash has talked to the coders about some drone ideas. Hopefully they can be implemented before or with BDoY.

jj

El Barto
07-01-04, 12:49
They need a hell of alot of changes and fixes.

t0tt3
07-01-04, 14:31
Originally posted by Shadow Dancer
How about advanced scout drones that can stealth and use night/thermal vision? On a somewhat unrelated note, how come "spies" the masters of technology don't have more gadgets? I just finished playing splinter cell, and it would be cool if spies in general had alot more toys that could help with stealth or peeveepee.

I agree but sadly some of the greatest SPIES in the game would be "overpowerd" lol and they getting a big nerf ;)

But hey more SPY ONLY gadgets 100% agree, no matter if its self use only in app or for droners... Just give them some love booooooost instead of nerf ;)

"NERF PPUS!!!!!!!!111111oneoneone":rolleyes:

ghandisfury
07-01-04, 15:58
Get rid of the SI when you lose a drone.
Make drones easy to see on the ground.
Get rid of drug haze when the drone get's hit.
Have all drone IMPs give + high tech.
Give us the ability to see local while droning.
Make the drones much easier to control.
Get rid of SL loss when in a team (yes it's still there).
Increase ROF by at least 30/min.
DO NOT increase damage (will overpower).

SeXy Happy
07-01-04, 17:28
Yes we need some sort of a boost, either a damage boost or a ROF boost, but for right now we are nothing in an OP battle. And to those who say, yeah but you are a droner and will never die because you can never be found. I have never been to an OP battle where the opposing team didnt have scouts running around the waste land looking for snipers or droners.

We need haze affect gone, toned down, or attributed to our body being hit (last one preferred)

TL of drones lowered, we are the one class that is constantly getting weapons made, and our weapons are the highest TL in the game. I would like one of the DEV's to get on and see how much fun it must be to make 20 Punishers, Revenges, or PN's. Thank god there are some understanding constructors out there.

Overall clipping, hitbox, manuevering interface challenges to numerous but mentioned many times over. (compass, local, le fix etc....)

There is a reason why there is only like 6 droners on Pluto, come on KK we need some loving.

monKKRE
07-01-04, 23:44
Originally posted by SeXy Happy
There is a reason why there is only like 6 droners on Pluto, come on KK we need some loving.

Only 5 now. I just couldn't take it any more and spent the last couple of days LoMing into Rifle. I never thought this day would come. I have been droning since December 2002. I just don't think KK will ever fix the drones.

Velvet
08-01-04, 13:03
AND:
up / down to change altitude...

necrocon
08-01-04, 13:29
I remember when droners got to much loving and peeps got just destroyed by exploited PB 20s in just a few hits even tanks in PA monks didnt matter *before monk armor* one drone killed my entire clan in just a few seconds was pretty messed up.

craio
08-01-04, 14:10
Well atleast we know for sure that kk knows that drones exist...
In the german post of MJS he refers to droners so...

I'd love to have a drone on tracks or wheels with decent defence but slow,then atleast droners have a possibility to defend their HQ on the inside.

I like the idea of being able to use a drone as a pistol,i would even use the kami then (incase a pk shows up behind ya,you're gonna die anyway ,atleast you would die and hurt him/her a lot)
The only thing i fear is incase they boost the drones but the slightly overdo it and people come screaming for a nerf again ,knowing kk's sledgehammer mentallity...

What i really want to know is : What exactly is kk's vision of drones/droners?The low damage weapon that finishes of severly damaged runners not in the vicinity of a ppu or an apu. Or the support type that can oppose a serious threat defending its ground?

SeXy Happy
08-01-04, 16:10
definetly need an up/down altitude ability that is a definet must above all else. That alone would make it all more enjoyable......but there is still a lot more that needs to be done as well.

Starving Poet
08-01-04, 17:53
Well I've heard droners and PPU's referred to as support characters by KK. And PPU's are definately that. But droners come off looking like your retarded step-child with the slingshot in his back pocket.

Elroy Jetson
08-01-04, 18:17
Its great that this thread has beens started cause i just started a droner just to see what its like. And OMG i'm already at -10 :eek:
and i'm LE'd. How long has this been going on? Can i never team with anybody? I honestly don't think i even shot anybody, but if somebody dies around me i get a sl hit :eek:

As far as dmg and rof i can't say as of yet, But i have had drones just magicly dissapear wich is kinda lame. Seems like more bugs in my future unless some fixes are done.

shardl0r
08-01-04, 18:30
I'd like to see:
All Kami drone bugs fixed.
Different types of kami drones that produce AoE status effects like shock/damageboost/poison and an accociated rare drone that combines all three.
All drones weighing less.
Drones resists rethought.
Either addition of couple of new rare drones, or improvement to the current PB's to make PvP consist of more than just PNs.
Slots and mods for drones.
Lower TL for the higher end drones.

What I don't want to see:
Antibuff drones.
Antistealth drones or the ability to show up stealthers. Maybe allow scout drones to see a stealther, but it should not be able to flag him for his team.
Droneacron.
Removal of a droner from the local list (This only applies if our the class gets a big boost, this would completely unbalance droners. If we get the ability to remove ourselves from the local list, then I think that the current damage our drones do should suffice).

jj dynomite
08-01-04, 18:59
I'm glad to finally see a thred that doesn't want an over boost on their fix ideas. This makes me happy to see people thinking logically.

Another big fix i would like to see is the adjustment of the current drones.
1. Pierce damage stops with the AR-1 (a dex/tl 20 drone). This sucks due to the only viable damage against psi's is piercing.
2. There are multiple scout drones. Why? How about making 1 low level scout drone that goes far and had a secent speed.
3. You can never have a non rare drone be above outstanding (for low tl) or cool (for high tl) condition. The slots idea is alright, but why not make all drones cst quality be higher across the board. You won't be able to mod the damage type, but your damage, freq, handling, and range will all finally be worth having.
4. The rk drones are too inaccurate. Drones don't have the ability to crouch to help their accuracy, so why not make them naturally aim better.
5. Drones get damaged (quality/wrecking) way too fast. It's about the same as the melee weapons before they were adjusted.
6. Give drones more life (equalivent to hitpoints). They get damaged about the same as any normal person, but while droning we cant pop a medkit in the drone or have the drone cast heal on itself.
7. The punisher shouldn't be a dex 122 drone. It is an AOE ray-cannon type weapon. The only real viable use for it is to level, but you have to be capped (without drugging) to use it, so leveling with it is pointless.
8. More rare drones plz. Nothing too extreme, but i would like to see a Fusion Cannon type rare drone. Currently there are:
8 melee rares
7 pistol rares
9 rifle rares
5 heavy rares
13 psi rares
and 3 drone rares

9. And of course....fix those pesky little bugs.

seems a bit unbalanced.

I know KK listens to the players, and i know Callash is trying to help us with the drone problems. So for that, I thank you.

BTW...Callash...I know you can't tell us the something special you put in for the coders, but can you tell us any of the bug fixes you submitted?? Plz??

thanks

SeXy Happy
08-01-04, 19:12
in reply

1. 65 A&W Advanced Assault Drone GA-2 DEX=65 RCL=95 WPW=65 4.26 2950 / 412 BBC 4/240 17398 493 4 x 25 prc
from neocron.ems.ru that is the highest prc. But jj still has a point.

Tl also needs to be lowered entirely anyhow on most high drones. The non rare drones are even too high. PB-20 is a TL 102 drone. Droners are the only class that needs to repeatedly make their weapons, not for the chance of slots, but because they are constantly being shot down (refer to jj's about an HP increase) or being lost (refer to jj's about bugs). We need the TL lowered so that we can actually get constructors to build batches for us, because most are pissy and wont do it because building 20 of any type of rare weapon sucks.

Also the quality needs to be upped (pt. 3), and the degregation (pt. 5) needs to be lowered. I am not talking massive amounts, but this is the reason why people don't play droners. We are massivly gimped.

ANd yes Callash could you please give us some information on what at least was submitted to the coders?

jj dynomite
08-01-04, 19:18
Sorry about that Happy....forgot about the GA-2 and the pierce damage, but it is still quite low tl/damage to be worth pvping with.

You know....1 bug that really annoys me with droners is the draw the drone and it sounds like a car starting and won't shoot. You have to relog to get it to finally shoot. Even past the fatals and the sync errors with drones.....that one really grinds on my nerves.

SeXy Happy
08-01-04, 19:22
Yeah I think the bug you are talking about is the one I have were it shoots and then the drone is just gone. I have to wait around for about 20-30 seconds and the drone will fall from the sky.....with its quality now diminished (even though I didnt use it) and reay to launch again.

Many bugs that need to be fixed and many tweaks can be added to make the droner class a fun and supportive class. Yes supportive, I don't want droneacron, but I would like to make somewhat of a difference in a battle. As it is now the only difference I can make is repeatedly flying in expensive one shot revenges into the middle of a fight.

Droners are underpowered, underplayed, moneypits that are extremely original and should be beefed up some to make it more appealing to the masses.

jj dynomite
08-01-04, 19:27
Yeah I think the bug you are talking about is the one I have were it shoots and then the drone is just gone. I have to wait around for about 20-30 seconds and the drone will fall from the sky.....with its quality now diminished (even though I didnt use it) and reay to launch again.

No....that one sucks too, but the one i'm talking about is the one where you draw the drone and shoot it, but it doesn't leave your hand. You keep shooting it and it just stays there making the shooting noise. It can't be fixed until you relogg....not even if you zone.

Arg....now i'm angry.

\\Fényx//
08-01-04, 20:10
Originally posted by jj dynomite
I'm glad to finally see a thred that doesn't want an over boost on their fix ideas. This makes me happy to see people thinking logically.

heh cheers :) well ive played APU, PPU, HC/MC/RC/PC Tank, Rifle/Pistol PE, Rifle/Pistol/Drone spy, and drones are by far the most useless, Melee still needs a boost of some kind, but atleast its on the edge of being viable if you dont mind having to work on your enemy and wear them down during the fight...

anyway, boost teh droners !

Agent L
09-01-04, 12:22
Originally posted by \\Fényx//
Maybe make it so that for ever 'single' BP you make from a drone when constructed makes 5 drones instead of 1, up the amount of parts needed on the ingredients list ofcourse :)

Excelent idea!

Less haze too.

Edit :
Make rare drones using less techparts.
Fix drone rpos in low textures (applies to hackscreen too)
Block use key while chatting.

Benjie
09-01-04, 12:28
I disagree with additional dammage on capped drones, unless it's a slight boost.

I think the lower level drones could do with a damage boost though.

Lanigav
09-01-04, 15:31
Drones either need a large increase in damage (primarily against mobs), or their rate of fire doubled from what it is now. Or a little bit of each.

That and there needs to be a way to improve quality beyond TL cap and add additional types of damage like every other weapon type item in the game can.

They need to give a small amount of strength exp, as doing endless missions to get strength up is a HUGE chore. Yes, you use your mind and not your body to attack, but PSIs are the same way, and even the weakest of people would gain some sort of muscle and strength from having to lug the damn things around all the time.

And of course, many bug fixes.

Mirco
09-01-04, 17:04
Here is what I want

1. Bugs fixed
2. Drones made more expendable. Its not a money problem its a time problem. If drones could be made in batches of 3 in the same time it takes to make one it would be great. Would cost the same in parts as it takes to make 3 today.
3. Droner removed from local.
4.I want drones to have an extra menu when you rightclick them. Here you can configure what additional damage type you want. I would want this for all tech weapons only that on drones you can only do it once.
5. I want a frequency boost or increased damage with less ammo. More armor doesnt seem right to me.
6. I want drone handling to increase drone speed and manouvrebility (arggh hard word, didnt get it right). So when you get better handling you unlock different abilities. Up/down movement or speed boost for example.
7. Drones to behave properly for other players. Drones skip and jump all over the place. This might go under bugs.
8. Fetch drones (in tandem with point 9.)
9. Drone dungeons. I imagine a dungeon where you start in an area with holes in the ceiling or that they are to small for a char to enter. I want the maze to go up, down, left and right. Every direction. It could contain mobs(not main challenge), traps that has to be timed to pass or else drone be destroyed and some nice stuff at the end. You would need a fetch drone to get the loot after other threats are gotten rid of.

LTA
09-01-04, 17:18
i blame the ppus :p

Without them no-one was sheltered or deflected.... so drones where scary cuz they hurt the unbuffed... now buffs are in play they aren't as effective...

Maybe allow the possibilty of 1 slot drones then add some mods...

armour piercing
Shelter Piercing
Deflect piercing
Poison/Xray/fire etc
Speed/rof/dmg mods

I dunno just some alt idea :p

Blind Paul
09-01-04, 17:56
Hum ... Hooo... everybody,

as I'm a droner meself, I know why you keep asking about removeing the droner's from the local list, but am I the only one, who smells the tad stink of exploit chances... ??

yours friendly,

Blind Paul

SeXy Happy
09-01-04, 18:00
No definetly no reason to remove the droner from the local list. He is there he may not be in body but he is there, so should be seen in local. That is just one of the drawbacks that people take to being a droner. Thats one of the cons.....we need some pro's though to turn people on to droning. Right now most just use it as a leveling tool.

Keyol45743241
09-01-04, 18:49
One of the cons? You mean apart from abyssimal damage, being blinded by every hit, getting stuck with the drone about anywhere, dying when someone forces combat upon you? Your combat benefit for the pepper park is lying around, waiting for a rezzer :lol:

Why the heck do I search for an excellent hiding place and some idiot who doesn't even look at the landscape but only at the localwindow (which makes him rather smart again) can find me in seconds?

Geez, a "disadvantage" since "everyone else" is in the local window, too. But everyone else can run away! Or move! Or stealth! :wtf:

You know what the text next to my avatar says? Loosely translated: "If you have no clue, shut the fuck up" :rolleyes:. Before you complain, it's a rather famous quote from a writer :p

Ryuben
09-01-04, 19:15
drones need fixing =(

but too much would = drone pwnage

so be carefull

SeXy Happy
09-01-04, 19:16
riiiiiiiight....you seem to have some problems....why don't you let them out? Try not to keep them bottled up inside.

Look at my avatar, obviously I am a droner. But yes it is one of the cons...let me say it again ONE of the CONS. Ok? Got it? Yes there are more cons, hence the need to say ONE OF.

Anyhow, my point was that it is a con and it is a valid one. When being a droner you know you are going to leave your body....but seeing as your body still is in the local area what is the logic of having it removed from the local list?

Physical body in a local area = name in local list

Pretty simple equation. The point I was making is that we have cons and not enough pros, not near enough at all. But instead of taking away the cons, we can modify some, but not all, and not ones that make sense....see equation above.

We need boost and we need tweaking and its long over due. :rolleyes:

jj dynomite
09-01-04, 19:18
Keyol45743241

this is an important thread for a lot of us. I understand how you feel, but don't harass other posters plz. We all have our ideas, and if you disagree with one persons idea you can let it be known, but not in a tasteless manner.

My personal opinion for the "local" discussion. Keep the name on local. That person is there after all. Unless there was a change in the game that caused a droner to stealth while droning (which i disagree with), the droners' name should remain. Having a local screen in game is rather pointless, but if it is there it should get used (even when searching for a person hiding).

SeXy Happy
09-01-04, 19:21
Here here jj

one thing I will have to say is to have a local list on the droner interface. So that the droner can see what is in the local area of the drone....not the droner.

As I see it the droner is detaching himself from his surroundings completely. That is just the way it is. But the drone should have its own local list.

jj dynomite
09-01-04, 19:21
drones need fixing =(

but too much would = drone pwnage

so be carefull

Exactly Ryuben. I'm sure none of us want Dronocron.

Majority of the ideas posted so far haven't been extreme. Just a little tweekage here and there, a lot of bug fixes, and a dash of loving. Which is really what we need.

Ryuben
09-01-04, 19:24
Exactly Ryuben. I'm sure none of us want Dronocron.

Majority of the ideas posted so far haven't been extreme. Just a little tweekage here and there, a lot of bug fixes, and a dash of loving. Which is really what we need.

yeah :D thats all we really want

but could u imageine drone-o-cron

:lol: :lol:

"nerf the droners" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

*ahem*

:)

Mirco
09-01-04, 20:33
Keyol45743241

this is an important thread for a lot of us. I understand how you feel, but don't harass other posters plz. We all have our ideas, and if you disagree with one persons idea you can let it be known, but not in a tasteless manner.

My personal opinion for the "local" discussion. Keep the name on local. That person is there after all. Unless there was a change in the game that caused a droner to stealth while droning (which i disagree with), the droners' name should remain. Having a local screen in game is rather pointless, but if it is there it should get used (even when searching for a person hiding).

I dont quite understand why showing on local isnt a toggle option. I think it is usefull when locating a tradeskiller or finding a person who wants to be found. Its time saving. However, in a combat situation the local list is to me an "out of game function" that not only give an unfair advantage to some characters, but also is something that ruins what could be endless gems of gaming moments in NC. Slipping away from big groups of enemies because of quick wits and tactical thinking could be one of those moments.

If local was made a toggle key for all I would propose to cut stealtheffect on all tools in half. Imho this would give more room for skill of the player to decide a 1 on 1 battle. It would perhaps be a bad blow to the PEs and spies, but I`m sure skilled PE`s or a spies can fill the loss of stealth time with advantages local removal gives.

Now I know it might be a bad example cause in Counter-strike you usually know where the enemy is coming from, but imagine cs with local. Man that would be dumbed down. When I played cs I enjoyed the first times I played a new lvl the most. It creates a more intense gaming experience, more suspension and more uncertainty. I want this in NC and to me it is more "pure" than with local.

SeXy Happy
09-01-04, 20:40
That I could see. If it was toggleable. Or if it was turned off completely for all classes. However, the above was mentioned, what seemed to me, for only the droner class. This would not be fair and any way and would not have any reason to back it up.

But toggleable, yes. Completely turned off, yes.

Off just for the droner class, no. We are no special than anyone else.

Mirco
09-01-04, 20:47
Seems like we are on the same page here Sexeh.

LTA
09-01-04, 20:49
when i walk around twn shopping or whatever i don't have a list of peoples names who are next to me.... Only name that shows should be the name tags and i reckon even them should only be visible at certain ranges...

No local list would make things interesting... you would get the elements of suprise, people wouldn't know you where around before you even get close etc...

I think it should only show in safezones at the most

KeithMyath
09-01-04, 21:18
i'm liking what ive been reading, i just started a drone/cst/rec/sal character. it makes building the drones pretty easy, but since i havent gotten too far, i guess i dont know how bad it gets. i did just join a clan last night so now i dont have my LE. i think the space considered local around the droner (body) shoud be limited while piloting the drone, there should be no reason for the droner to be obviously visible to the people around him, this way if your hiding (and they are hiding) the local area you give off is reflected by it, also have a key that lets you see what your char sees in a tiny box in the corner, as long as you push a key. maybe make it so you can't pilot the drone while pressing the key. just two cents.

also i dont like what i hear about the sweet drone being tl120 or something like that, and only 3 rares! geez,

also RIGGERS

we totally need to be able to drive vehicles from anywhere, even if we need hacking ( to "hack" into the vehicle stations outside to have them spit out the vehicle.) maybe have the RCL replace the VHL in these cases. lord knows we dont want to have to lvl vhl.

craio
09-01-04, 22:51
Could someone explain the word 'rigger' online dictionaries keep refering to boats...

My dream PvM drone:
Dual rocketlauncher MR-type

Hm,did this thread come to attention of any official or dont they feel like giving us an hope whatsoever about the future of our profession thats getting near to extinction:(

Darth Slayer
09-01-04, 23:02
Hope not :p

Anyways, theres a reason why theres like 3 full droners per server, 1 of thems using it to level int/dex fast, the other 2 are self masochistic bastards that like playing the most gimped gimps of all the gimped calsses in gimpocron .....

Scorpius is a Droner/Cstr does that make me even more of a self masochistic Bastard......:D
I agree with you 110 % Fenyx it's actually come to the point where I'm considering Lomming to Pistol....:(
I've been saying for a while now in posts like these that they should make the PN and PB 20 drones just pure Xray or have the ability to ignore Shelter. Also the promised goodies that Callash once hinted at has never ever materialised.
Maybe I'll stick with it a while longer.

Darth Slayer
09-01-04, 23:13
Forgot this one. Now I find it actually easier to fly a drone in 3rd person apart from that whacking big drone hiding 2/3rds of the screen. Maybe change this to wireframe graphic u can see through and enabale to get around easier.

jj dynomite
10-01-04, 00:52
Originally posted by craio
Could someone explain the word 'rigger' online dictionaries keep refering to boats...

The word rigger in cyberpunk terms i believe came from Shadowrun RPG. The Shadowrun handbook states this.

"To become a rigger requires the ability to use a piece of cyberware known as a vehicle control rig (VCR). This equipment allows the rigger to cybernetically command a vehicle by jacking directly into it or to operate the vehicle remotely via a remote control deck."

Pretty much a remote control driver via mental commands. Which is basically what a droner does in Neocron.

Hm,did this thread come to attention of any official or dont they feel like giving us an hope whatsoever about the future of our profession thats getting near to extinction:(

There have been two previous threads (big ones at least) about droning in recent past. The first was about drone PA (which is a pointless idea). Callash had posted in that thread that a PA would not come to be, but he had something special planned, but the coders just had not completed the coding.

Here's the full thread...
http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=81393

The second was basically a continuation of the origional thread.

Here's the full thread...
http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=85438

Our current thread is a bit more focused on small tweeks and specific bug fixes.

All that being said...the devs do know about our concerns and we know that Callash is working on getting bug fixes which is good. We've asked Callash to post any news on what bugs he asked to be fixed, but have had no reply. We know he won't be able to tell us about the special thing he's getting us. Hopefully he(or another dev) is listening to this thread. I feel there are a lot of good ideas here that are coming from the droners themselves.

Maybe something will be done if we keep up the good ideas.

Hope i answered your questions craio

Rai Wong
10-01-04, 02:55
It isn't about removing the problems, even a particle beam cannot hurt an PE these days

jj dynomite
10-01-04, 03:16
I am really unaware as to what you are saying Rai Wong, but if you're talking about the Particle Beam/PN doing very little damage, you're right.

I had 2 OP fights today on Pluto. I used PB20s and Revenges during the first fight. I used PNs and Revenges during the second fight.
The Revenges did minimal damage. You actually have to get right up on a person with a kami drone to do any real damage. Their blast radius seems a bit small for a rare drone.
The PB20 was something to laugh at. I was more of an annoyance than a force.
The PN was about the same as the PB20 but with a bit more damage. I know full well if they were 1 on 1ing me i wouldn't have been able to take 1/4 of their life before my drone died.
After this i feel that the ROF is very weak on the Particle Beams. The damage is very low on the PN in comparison to other rare weapons.
The Revenge has a rather small blast radius, and even when it is a good blast the damage is low.
The allowable range from body should probably be a bigger ratio (meters per willpower point). I have 140 in Willpower and i could only get about 1/4 of a zone before going fuzzy.

I'll probably think of more after i get some sleep.

Archeus
10-01-04, 03:21
I'd like to see ground based drones (mechshells o_O ). Or maybe scaled down DOY bots.

Also not sure about the weight or carrying them but the single annoying thing for a good droner is getting thier drones made (as a RES/CST making them is annoying).

Btw to get the maximum effect from a revenge, blow the thing up at the persons head level.

Ryuben
10-01-04, 05:02
Originally posted by Archeus
I'd like to see ground based drones (mechshells o_O ). Or maybe scaled down DOY bots.

Also not sure about the weight or carrying them but the single annoying thing for a good droner is getting thier drones made (as a RES/CST making them is annoying).

Btw to get the maximum effect from a revenge, blow the thing up at the persons head level.
res/cst ing drones

i went to res some revenge or PN for the droner in the clan as a nice suprise for him...took one look saw both were over TL 100 and thought...hmmm maybe ill only do 5 of each not 20

o_O

\\Fényx//
10-01-04, 05:43
res/cst ing drones

i went to res some revenge or PN for the droner in the clan as a nice suprise for him...took one look saw both were over TL 100 and thought...hmmm maybe ill only do 5 of each not 20

o_O

lol yea, thought id do the same with mags, bright idea eh, i know, ill make 50 revenge and 50 pn BP's for backups, bleh feck that did 25 revenge and 15 PN before i got totally sick of it |:

kurai
10-01-04, 06:25
Just an FYI, stemming from a PM ...

Originally written by craio on 09-01-04 22:19:
hey,
could you explain me how to do that calculation you did in the 'Snipers still needs some lovin...' thread,i'd want to claculate it for a PN.

thx in advance,
Craio

Originally written by kurai on 10-01-04 03:32:
Basic calc for guns is ...

{a} Damage per clip = (Damage per shot x shots per clip)
{b} Clips per minute = 60 / ( ( (60 / shots per minute) x shots per clip) + reload time)
{c} Potential delivered damage per min = {a}damage per clip x {b}clips per minute

Then you need to factor in a reduction for "random misses" - anywhere between 5 and 33%, depending on specific rifle.

I can see converting this directly being tricky for the PN.

Basic calc would work out as (using raw neocron.ems.ru numbers) :-

{a} Dmg per launch = 274 x 180 = 49,320
{b} Launches per minute = 60/ ( ( (60 /111) x 180) + 2) = 0.6
{c} Dmg per min = {a} x {b} = 29,592

{a} assumes no energy spent on shield regen, all on shots.

You'd also need to factor in "random misses" - it's been a *long* time since I've been a droner so I wouldn't like to guess at that.
If we slot that into the general comparison table for damage per minute we get ...

Silent Hunter (TL-111) 15,000
Particle Beam 20 (TL-102) 21,000
Pain Easer (TL-93) 29,000
Particle Nemesis (TL-116) 29,500
First Love (TL-114) 38,500
Disruptor (TL-115) 40,000
Liberator (TL-91) 41,000
Slasher (TL-113) 41,500
Ray of God (TL-98) 41,500
Cursed Soul (TL-105) 46,000
Ray Last Hope (TL-108) 52,000
Toxic Beam (TL-82) 56,000
Holy Lightning (TL-101) 89,000
Fire Apocalpse (TL-103) 106,000
Ok - there needs to be some offset for the different mechanics of delivery, and meatsack "safety" etc etc but that still seems rather low to me.

Keyol45743241
10-01-04, 06:44
Nah. You have to consider reload times which means either dropping the drone in front of a friend (about 10 to 20 secs) or fly it back to your body (30 to 40 secs) and then return to the fight (30 to 40 secs again). So you can safely assume once your ammo is gone, you're out of the figh for one whole minute.

Besides, a silent hunter spy could posibly remain far away from the action and fire shot for shot..... the drone is gone when you don't instantly hit the right mouse button when the HLs strike... and even then is quite prone to exploding. Since when one once has caught some interest in your Drone, he is unlikely not to kill it - when being an APU.

Add to it the fact that you're blinded with every hit... and the result is, that you can't compare drones by the raw damage value. Imho Drones should punch through every shelter&shield. No difference for spies or tanks, just the annoying PPU would no longer be that annoying, since you still could kill an APU. And if you hit a ppu with shieldbreaking fire from a PN, he could get into trouble, especially if there is more than one drone present.

Opinions on that matter? Anyone? I really think shelterbreaking damage for drones is the way to go.

amfest
10-01-04, 08:19
I think the people who mentioned slots on drones and such have the wrong idea . . . since yea you'll build just to get them blown up anyhow .. but how about this .. you still have the chance for slots but instead of a slot appearing .. the stats are increased . . . since it is mods and such that increase stats on the weapon . . . just have them increase on random if there was a chance for a slot or more .. . that would increase dmg also wouldn't it? . ..

I have also liked the idea of being able to maybe right click when you have your drone out and it fires also . . . reticle aiming that's affected by your drone skill .. fires kinda clumsy though and each time it fires .. you lose some condition so it isn't endless firing.

I also think the droner in the local list should stay but I do believe it should reduce the area you come into the local list while you are droning. Or maybe a trip wire you can setup to alert you that someone is near . .. or maybe some kinda Chameleon armor that a droner can wear that sorta trys to merge them into the landscape texuture .. not 100percent of course :P so if you are running by and catch themon local .. you still have to look at the landscape to try and find their still body.

A sorta shield drone you can prelaunch that follows you for about 5 min or so . . that acts like a shield trying to absorb enemy fire on you .. also not 100 percent absorb .. shots will still have the chance to hit you .. and it won't be able to take very many hits . . so when hit while droning .. you can drop drone and have a chance to run your tail out of there

I do like the land drone ideas .. those are cool . .. how about this .. a droner with hack skill can hack a terminal somewhere and basically log in and control their Op Turrents to help in Op wars that way also . . though I know there are issues with turrents :p

I agree Possible Droner Dungeons with places that only a drone can get to would be awesome . .. bats, snakes, scorpions and some kind of tencale beast at the end

maybe . the ability to launch a drone from a vehicle .. .lol .. not a rhino though! . .it's enclosed but vhc you can be targetted on . . (side note off subject but hell .. anyone in the passager seatof the buggy should be able to pull out their weapon and fire with limited range ;) )

bah i'm rambling .. guess we will see what happens with drones .. if anything does

kurai
10-01-04, 08:27
Hrmmm...

The table is purely damage rating data. It's not the sole criteria for a weapons effectiveness. (Otherwise there would only be one item used offensively in the entire game ... the Fire Apoc)

Use it in conjunction with delivery method benefits/problems to develop a valid comparitive argument, not as the sole element.

I'm well aware of the other shortcomings of drones, plus their benefits, same as I am for all the other weapons on that list.
Try not to include "mitigators" unless you do it for the item you are comparing it too as well, or it doesn't make for a terribly useful point.

\\Fényx//
10-01-04, 09:03
Kurai, you prettymuch summed up what I meant, for the TL and the fact they go down in 2/3 hits, the damage output of the PN is pathetic :(

masterguyver
10-01-04, 09:19
been reading the posts and here are some of my ideas, and some that are polish on other people ideas.

1. slots - sence drones are easer to distroy then weapons make chances to get slots higer.

2. slot items - ammo mods, increase armor mods (can use more then one type), and vector thrust ports (allow better control and controll of the z-axis of flight)

3. speed - increas depending on type. 100% on unarme scout to 25% to the heave type.

4. damage - increase so we are doing 25% less then a gun of same tl.

5. grouping - one of the bad thig about grouping is that you can loos out on xp. So make it that you can target a goup member and tell your "body" to follow him/her wile you are droning. that way you are near your group and can drone.

6. if soloing or in a op war you can get special armor that blends you into the background, but the closer the person gets the less et works and at 1-5 feet they can see your outline. Alos when using the armor the range your name shows in reduced to 1-5 feet. Also durring a op war you can instead of using a drone you can control some base defences from the main terminal. these turrets will be 2 to 3 time more powerfull then normal turets, but they are use less unless a droner is controling them.

that is it let me know what you think.

amfest
10-01-04, 09:29
5. grouping - one of the bad thig about grouping is that you can loos out on xp. So make it that you can target a goup member and tell your "body" to follow him/her wile you are droning. that way you are near your group and can drone.

OMG that would be so bad ass . . until you follow right into that perc or chaser that spawned :D

but yea that would be awesome

I still say no slots .. and just have random stat increase chances past the build cap .. as if you already threw a mod on it .. Feq: actually having effect on fequency of shots

As for turrents ... we have to state that they take time to build . . although when I think about it .. land drones would serve this purpose .. although if you use the turrent. . you have to watch the power setting..or you'll find screams of nerfage heh

craio
10-01-04, 11:00
@ jj dynomite :thx for the answers,i've honesly never heard of shadowrun besodes it being mentioned on the forum...

@kurai: thx for doing the calculating allready :) but i do think the reload time for a drone should be chosen higher.

Together with the result of thedamage output of the PN i was going to post the following for those who need some comparison:

According to rustots site a cyclops which is 50/50 should get :
274 a burst *clip(=60 bursts) = 16440 damage per launch

Hitting a wbt(85/85) is at 204 a burst so = 12240/launch

But this is not taking in to account the loss of ammo because of inflight repair.
Apperently each repair takes away 12.5 burst, heals the drone for 1/3 of his hp's but by taking the ammo it takes away 1/5 of the drones damage done per launch

This is with a fully capped PN,if another droner could post for a PN at about 128% (so 50% lower) then we could compare how the damage scales.

I wouldnt want my body to follow someone in the group,wouldnt it be easier if ya get xp depending on the drones location and not the droners.
For other groupmembers is the droner or the drone considered the xp giver?

Another suggestion : plz change the way the drones health/ammo is displayed so you see actual numbers

Archeus
10-01-04, 12:01
I think Drone meatsack protection is not an issue in the wastelands. A near capped droner can fly a Revenge all over the zone. Likewise with scouts you never fly them into visual range of the enemy.

It would be nice to have a meatsack local list, or health indicator.

As for slots, I know drones get lost/blown up but a lot of droners hang onto thier drones because its a pain to get constructed and prefer to get repairs instead.

So for slots, weapon mods, explosive ammo types for kamis (fire/poison fields). Or for a scout have it that you zoom on a person you can listen in on thier comms chatter that they say only.

Ehyuko
10-01-04, 12:33
Silent Hunter (TL-111) 15,000
Particle Beam 20 (TL-102) 21,000
Pain Easer (TL-93) 29,000
Particle Nemesis (TL-116) 29,500
First Love (TL-114) 38,500
Disruptor (TL-115) 40,000
Liberator (TL-91) 41,000
Slasher (TL-113) 41,500
Ray of God (TL-98) 41,500
Cursed Soul (TL-105) 46,000
Ray Last Hope (TL-108) 52,000
Toxic Beam (TL-82) 56,000
Holy Lightning (TL-101) 89,000
Fire Apocalpse (TL-103) 106,000
That table doesn't look quite right as far as drone damage output is concerned.

I know for a fact that in practice a PE easily outdamages a PN and that a 3 shot Silent Hunter does almost the same damage (as a PN) in a similar time. I know this because while as a droner I often attempted to hunt with other clan members and could never get aggro or loot rights due to lower damage [in fact one day a person I was hunting with kept dropping down in weapons until he found something we did almost equal damage with, this being a PN and a SH - since we were hunting warbots and I was the hacker], and because I almost never got aggro my drone was free to fire as fast as possible without healing.

Does anyone know if the data from rustots site was created using 120% damage/frequency weapons or, at least for drones, the max build quality? If the weapons being compared are 120% in their build stats [which it certainly appears to be] then that can't be a true comparison to an actual droner who must use player built drones to keep up their drone supply [PNs capping at 80% which would result in ~ 0.6 of the damage calculated in the above quoted table, bringing it much more in line with my experiences].

That would also still not include any kind of travel time to a target, which would drop that number even further.

Edit:
@craio

The player damage percentage [lower number in the stats, this is the number that can get to 500+% in monk spells] for a weapon is based on the maximum damage the weapon is able to output, that being the item damage percentage in the upper stats [that caps at 120%], thus just comparing a rare built PN with 110+% damage in the item stats [upper numbers] at 128% damage in the player stats vs a player built PN at 80% damage in the item stats and 128% damage in the player stats would yield different results.

@Archeus

My spy can also run across a zone in less then 30 seconds, with current runspeeds it's fairly easy to cover a large amount of area and just look for a name on the local list while checking the most common droning spots... which are common because there are few places in many zones [without a hovertech and without many hills or depressions] that droners can reach. It's true that longer range means there's a greater chance of targets not finding your body, but it's not something that can be relied upon [stealth, multiple targets, etc.].

craio
10-01-04, 13:27
@Ehyuko : i never mentioned a PN built with rare parts cause nobody uses that anyway ,except for bp'ing and keeping in cabs or neofrag.

The damage i posted is on a BP build PN ,which i tested myself.
I also checked the damage rustots site states ,and its correct.

Checked if that other number(the one that goes up to 120%)actually makes a difference.

bp build capped PN stats at 80% : warbot 70*3
parts build capped PN at 103% : warbot 70*3

Apperently it doesnt or i misunderstood what you were saying

kurai
10-01-04, 18:37
@Craio: I deliberately didn't include "flight time" in the reload factor.
The test is only of static potential maximum damage in ideal conditions. No "real world" usage complications are added in for any of the weapons.
Let's face it - standing still and banging away solidly for 60 seconds without moving isn't really a typical situation for *any* weapon user.

@Ehyuko: Firstly ... yes - the Rustot numbers assume a perfect stat weapon (and ammo mod where applicable) and capped runner skill stats.
Secondly ... my numbers are for PvP only, not PvM. They have the "runner locational damage limit" worked into them.
If you remove that factor the SH goes up to around 31,000 for PvM (and the Holy Lightning to about 170,000)

jj dynomite
10-01-04, 21:37
So to pretty much sum up your guys' conversation.

PB drones and the PN have a quite low rate of fire (especially for their TL). Add on the drone reset rate, damage rate, self heal rate, distance to target, drone quality stats and a number of other factors and it is even a slower rate of fire. Add that to their damage, and they are very weak.

Ehyuko
11-01-04, 00:47
bp build capped PN stats at 80% : warbot 70*3
parts build capped PN at 103% : warbot 70*3

Apperently it doesnt or i misunderstood what you were saying

That's quite odd... because all other weapon types ARE effected in that way, it's easily testable by using a weapon built by a constructor that cannot cap a weapon and a weapon built by a constructor whom can cap the same weapon or simply comparing modded and unmodded weapons. Not having a droner currently, I must accept what you say... doing my own tests when I DID have a droner showed different results then what you have posted [admittedly not with a PN though - MR 1000].

Secondly ... my numbers are for PvP only, not PvM. They have the "runner locational damage limit" worked into them.

My bad, thanks for the clarification.

Darth Slayer
11-01-04, 13:35
The sticking to the ground bug is still there as IS THE EFFING STICKING TO THE OP FENCE BUG. FFS this has been in the game so long you would think they'd have fixed it by now. I lost 4 drones at one op fight because they kept being bumped into fences and what not.......:mad:

Rinaldo
11-01-04, 17:51
Maybe something we forget to mention: drones have a short firing range. Having both a droner spy and a pistol spy, I have to get both with a PN or with all the high end guns inside 100 meters to hit.

This is within any weapon's range except melee :o

Alan
12-01-04, 02:11
Drone's are potentially one off the most devastating weapons in the game, where it not for myriad problems they have. One thing I think that would improve droning would be the ability for a rigger to drone from another zone entirely say a 2 zone radius from his position, for the wasteland area's only! Not dungeons or city area's (MB, TG, TH, NC and DoY (when it comes)) for obvious reasons (NB. he would have to be affected by the setting of the zone his drones in for SL and FS issues, and the setting of the zone his meat sack is in for belt drop issues). This would improve the pvp possibilities of drones and add spice for rigger hunters. Because currently all they have do is have a couple off fast runner's scout the outlaying area's off a zone and the rigger's deader than a dormouse 90% of the time. Why? Because a riggerr has heavily specialize in RCL/WPL to use a drone effectively, therefore sacrificing any chance at decent run speed or stealth capabilities.

Mirco
12-01-04, 06:23
Originally posted by Alan
Drone's are potentially one off the most devastating weapons in the game, where it not for myriad problems they have. One thing I think that would improve droning would be the ability for a rigger to drone from another zone entirely say a 2 zone radius from his position, for the wasteland area's only! Not dungeons or city area's (MB, TG, TH, NC and DoY (when it comes)) for obvious reasons (NB. he would have to be affected by the setting of the zone his drones in for SL and FS issues, and the setting of the zone his meat sack is in for belt drop issues). This would improve the pvp possibilities of drones and add spice for rigger hunters. Because currently all they have do is have a couple off fast runner's scout the outlaying area's off a zone and the rigger's deader than a dormouse 90% of the time. Why? Because a riggerr has heavily specialize in RCL/WPL to use a drone effectively, therefore sacrificing any chance at decent run speed or stealth capabilities.

I dont think this is a good idea. If you count in all directions and the fact that you cant zone diagonaly that would be 13 sones to search for someone under good(for the droner)conditions. When attacked the target has in worst case (being 2 sones away) 1/4 of a chance to pick the right direction to sone closer to you. In the next sone (being one sone away)a 1/3 chance. All the time the target would have no clue if ran the right way the first or the second time. Chances for the droner to be found would be so small it wouldnt be worth bothering. For someone hunting a droner that doesnt sound much like spice to me. Also dropping a drone 2 sones away would mean that you almost certainly has lost it .If you then notice your meatsack is taking damage you drop your drone and have to wait for synch back to your body. The small chance you had to run away is gone.

Stealth is certainly possible for a droner. Combine this with a hover standing close by you have a small chance to get away fast, but not quite as clean as one would wish.

In your suggestion Alan you want to be able to buy yourself more time by soning. I`ve debated that this would be overpowered and would be so even if we where speaking of the ability to sone one sone. Another solution would be to increase the size of the sone, but thats one more thing that I dont think is going to happen. So we are stuck with one sone at its current size.

You can choose to look at it like this. It all boils down to time, not distance. Today you want as much time as possible between your meatsack and your target when you start the engagement. Hiding well can give you more time, attacking from another direction than your meatsack is located can also buy more time as to fool your target in running the wrong way and etc. These variables of course cant be predicted. The target can be lucky and run right to you, and when multiple targets are present your chances are reduced greatly. Being in your body is safe and droning is unsafe. You would then want to cut down the unsafe time. The primary solution would be a drone boost in frequency and/or damage(its the engagement that sucks up most of your valuable time) and/or speed. In other words you cut down airtime. Also you want to make the unsafe time a little safer. To be removed from local would make it a little safer. What I`m getting at is that if cut down airtime needed for the drone it would in a way be like making the sone bigger. (I`m not sure if I`m able to get my point accross right).

How to fit drones into todays op-fights with most targets sheltered without overpowering drones in one on one engagements I have one solution. Anti-drone missile-weapons. These could be easy to aim and take down a drone in a 6 or so hits. We have anti-buff to deal with ppus so why not an anti-drone weapon to go with a little drone buffage. Still doesnt solve the problem with monks though.

Oh and droners could also keep themselves safe in teams of 2 or 3 droners where one is keeping lookout while the others are hunting. As drones doesnt have much to offer compared to other classes, finding a player who use his/hers droner activly to team up with seems pretty small though.

zyx21
12-01-04, 08:58
Ok... didnt read all the posts.... but hear me out...

I love my droner. Its terribly buggy, but I still love it.

LE does eem to effect drones BTW.

Look, drones need MAJOR beefage. Please. I mean, this is prolly my favorite aspect of the game. Look at this thread. All these people want the beef. DO YOU?

craio
12-01-04, 10:55
Originally posted by Mirco

How to fit drones into todays op-fights with most targets sheltered without overpowering drones in one on one engagements I have one solution. Anti-drone missile-weapons. These could be easy to aim and take down a drone in a 6 or so hits. We have anti-buff to deal with ppus so why not an anti-drone weapon to go with a little drone buffage. Still doesnt solve the problem with monks though.

I seriously dont think there has to be another easy way to get rid of drones easily,unless the 'buffage' was that big that people would start crying for a nerf.There's always a apu around to point and zap the drone.Ever been in the presence of a stunner turret with your drone?Those things kill them faster then an apu can!
In fights the main target is rarely the drone it's always the droner (unless an apu around).

Oh and droners could also keep themselves safe in teams of 2 or 3 droners where one is keeping lookout while the others are hunting. As drones doesnt have much to offer compared to other classes, finding a player who use his/hers droner activly to team up with seems pretty small though.

One drone can't defend against a someone who stealths in ,they just dont kill fast enought for that.You cant see local,so you need to keep an eye on all directions at once ,so its easier for someone to come close enough for the kill.

Keyol45743241
12-01-04, 16:18
Stealth is certainly possible for a droner. Combine this with a hover standing close by you have a small chance to get away fast, but not quite as clean as one would wish. :wtf:

No. It ain't. Yes, yor hover might be a reasonable chance - if you see them coming. But then, simply running away does the trick, too :rolleyes: But usually, you'll drop dead or the first message that something hurt you is "your armor has been seriously damaged"

No, the "blood" on the screen doesn't work reliably, only if you're close to your body. And even if it does. Let's take an "intelligent" opponent who does not take pot shots at you but walks up right to your face, sticks his gun into your face and lets rip. If you face a monkeh, you're done for anyways, he'll simply chaincast a spell of his choice - no armor or belt in the world is gonna save you :rolleyes:. So, you eat one salvo, let's say - CS, right to the face. And since he is only centimeters away and sticking the gun up your nose, he's gonna hit most of the shots. At THAT point you realize you take damage and react. In the middle of the second salvo, you drop the drone. At that point you're down to 10% hitpoints, if not facing a monkeh which would make you a casualty right away. Now you have a chance. One chance. Pressing a button is not one of them. Your only chance would be to sync. Right away. And pray. Forget about stealth or hopping onto a hoverbike. Stealth is nice for the PP - but only when you know it's time to use it... or when you face low damage weaponry, such as a drone :rolleyes:

Mirco
12-01-04, 17:53
I seriously dont think there has to be another easy way to get rid of drones easily,unless the 'buffage' was that big that people would start crying for a nerf.There's always a apu around to point and zap the drone.Ever been in the presence of a stunner turret with your drone?Those things kill them faster then an apu can!
In fights the main target is rarely the drone it's always the droner (unless an apu around).

Perhaps its not needed. I just fear that you cant boost drones without people starting to calling for a nerf in certain situations. Lets all hope for a drone boost so big that anti-drone weapons is needed :D.

One drone can't defend against a someone who stealths in ,they just dont kill fast enought for that.You cant see local,so you need to keep an eye on all directions at once ,so its easier for someone to come close enough for the kill.

In a team like that I wouldnt want the lookout to drone at the same time. He is there purely for early warning so the droners can get away to fight another day.

No. It ain't. Yes, yor hover might be a reasonable chance - if you see them coming. But then, simply running away does the trick, too But usually, you'll drop dead or the first message that something hurt you is "your armor has been seriously damaged"

No, the "blood" on the screen doesn't work reliably, only if you're close to your body. And even if it does. Let's take an "intelligent" opponent who does not take pot shots at you but walks up right to your face, sticks his gun into your face and lets rip. If you face a monkeh, you're done for anyways, he'll simply chaincast a spell of his choice - no armor or belt in the world is gonna save you . So, you eat one salvo, let's say - CS, right to the face. And since he is only centimeters away and sticking the gun up your nose, he's gonna hit most of the shots. At THAT point you realize you take damage and react. In the middle of the second salvo, you drop the drone. At that point you're down to 10% hitpoints, if not facing a monkeh which would make you a casualty right away. Now you have a chance. One chance. Pressing a button is not one of them. Your only chance would be to sync. Right away. And pray. Forget about stealth or hopping onto a hoverbike. Stealth is nice for the PP - but only when you know it's time to use it... or when you face low damage weaponry, such as a drone.

Erm I might have overdone the possibility for a droner to get away when his flesh is found. I still maintain that stealth for a droner has it uses.

craio
12-01-04, 18:37
If someone sees a droner standing and next to him is a hovertec...
Do you actually believe nobody would bother destroying the hovertec after killing?And thus making life even more expensive

Some more drone types,might have been mentioned allready:

Anti-turret/vehicle drone
Drone that deals considerable damage to turrets/vehicles
given the avaible options it would be a MR or RK type but considering its job it should be a drone that drops bombs.

Control drone
a drone that can take over control of a turret but needs to be within certain range of it,control is lost as soon as drone is destroyed.

EMP-drone
Upon detonation a charge is released which turns off all turrets within a certain radius for a given amount of time.
Or it could be a drone that disrupts the local window ,making so that everyone within for example sanctum range around the drone isnt displayed in local.

Other stuff:
A deployable platform: If a drone hovers above it its shield and ammo slowly recharges.
Drone battery: multiple drones can be attached to it,functioning as a turret controlled by the droner.

And still no reply from a stormbot....

Keyol45743241
12-01-04, 19:07
Oh.. money... well.. now you have something you can do with all the rares you loot. Apart from the special rigger interface, there are about... no rares for droners?

And don't talk about the particle nemesis or punisher or revenge.... you buy those by the dozen :rolleyes: And actually using the original for something else but making copies from them is stupid on the brink of completely insane :rolleyes:

As requested so long ago, why can you draw a copy from a copy? then there would be *some* use for those right now, but at the moment they only dillute the rarepool when you draw another blank :rolleyes:

Yes... a stealth device has its uses. Period. But the rifle and pistol spys get that "for free". But then, hey ... 150% damage or 178% isn't a big difference for drones, is it? :lol:

lockwoodx
12-01-04, 20:20
Well after my situation the other day I've started over as a droner. It's pretty fun to play right now except for the fact a 2/2 can brush aginst my drone and kill it in 2 hits. I like the fact my int and dex go up fast but I have to bust out the brass and punch some roaches just to boost my str a little, and my con never goes up too.

I'm looking forward to playing a droner and if they are as gimped as players say they are well I don't have much to expect from my character. I hope they get the boost they need wich so many agree upon so when I finally do become some what talented I won't be discouraged by inferior products.

Velvet
13-01-04, 11:24
Originally posted by lockwoodx
I'm looking forward to playing a droner and if they are as gimped as players say they are well I don't have much to expect from my character.
It is still fun.
I experienced droners as some of the most helpful people on Uranus:)
Underdogs stick together:D

solling
13-01-04, 11:54
they should get a defensive boost i mean a couple of shots on any drone and it goes bye bye up the armor on the sucker and tehy will be a lot better

\\Fényx//
13-01-04, 12:05
Originally posted by solling
they should get a defensive boost i mean a couple of shots on any drone and it goes bye bye up the armor on the sucker and tehy will be a lot better

was fighting THSC at emerson the other night, they had a PN drone up, that goes down in 2 para halos from my PPU ..... its a joke ..... They need the kinda defence near to a hovertec tho not quite that strong ...

Mirco
13-01-04, 13:05
was fighting THSC at emerson the other night, they had a PN drone up, that goes down in 2 para halos from my PPU ..... its a joke ..... They need the kinda defence near to a hovertec tho not quite that strong ...

Holy...I didnt know it was that bad. The PPU has taken on another role. AA-gun.

VetteroX
13-01-04, 13:23
I dont think droners need a boost. Think about it. your hiding some where, attacking someone from orbit with a drone that never misses (no droner has ever missed me) Do you have ANY idea how annoying it is to be attacked by a droner? try raiding mb as BD, some little coward CM hides with guards, and launches his drone constantly at you. Its hard as hell to hit, and when it does get blown, oh well, it launches another. This to me is the same kinda complaint of snipers in every fps ive ever played "oh the sniper rifles not powerful enough, oh, it doesnt fire fast enough, oh its not easy enough to kill people from 10 miles away while im hiding in some little crack like a coward"

Droning is fine now in my opinion, you shouldnt be able to kill a good capped player with a drone, because if your a GOOD droner, and chose your spots, or have a freind defending you, he cant do shit back to you... I think drones should be what they are... good pvm, increadable scouting abilites, and an extreme annoyance in op war and pvp but not lethal....

If you give a drone a hitbox thats 4X bigger and make them slower and easir to hit, then fine, boost their power because then I can actually fight back vs the drone, so it would be fiar.

Now, go ahead, flame away, tell me I suck cause I cant hit a pixel in the sky zipping around with my lib or CS, but unless you have killed as many people as I have, its meaningless.

deac
13-01-04, 13:47
Droms STILL need ALOT of lovin ...

Mirco
13-01-04, 14:10
Load flame!!!

Flame loaded sir!!!

Flame.....FIRE!!!

FLAME FIREING SIR!!!

Don`t think you are going to find pure droners that has killed so increadibly many people. As to drones being good pvm? Drones hunt and level the best in the graves and wbs are doeable. And thats about it. Fire mobs eat too much away from drone armor and mc5 or Y's? Drone lost in one hit.

For any other character than a monk the drone is hard to hit. If you have a drone near a monk it is no effort for the monk to kill the drone. Get a team like you suggested for the droner and you will enjoy a long healthy life also.

VetteroX, do you expect people to invest alot of time and effort to get a character that cant kill another player? Droners are defencless until they can hide at a good spot. It takes thought and skill and you can almost never attack targets of opportunity. Scouting abilities means next to nothing. "Yes, clan the enemy is at the op. Its alot of them." I can figure as much from scanning the city terminals. With targets having stealth once again drones got screwed more than any other class. Edit: With tanks being sheltered at op fights, whats left to shoot at? On top of this you are gimped in every other respect if you use drones, it takes a shitload of time to make the drones you depend on. Its expensive as well. If you want drones to be the way they are now, drones have no future and can just as well be removed. Its survival of the fittest and drones aren`t very fit.

If a larger hitbox is what is needed for a drone boost I welcome it, but I'm not sacrifising any speed. Come to think of it I dont think its a bad idea. Would perhaps prove to be more fun for both droner and target as well. Then again it would be even easier for monks to take down drones anyways so it wouldnt matter.

I'm not much of a flamer am I?

Alan
13-01-04, 14:28
Originally posted by VetteroX. I dont think droners need a boost. Think about it. your hiding some where, attacking someone from orbit with a drone that never misses (no droner has ever missed me) Do you have ANY idea how annoying it is to be attacked by a droner? try raiding mb as BD, some little coward CM hides with guards, and launches his drone constantly at you. Its hard as hell to hit, and when it does get blown, oh well, it launches another. This to me is the same kinda complaint of snipers in every fps ive ever played "oh the sniper rifles not powerful enough, oh, it doesnt fire fast enough, oh its not easy enough to kill people from 10 miles away while im hiding in some little crack like a coward"

I am sorry that you seem to fail to understand the myriad problems faced by droner's. But what we are asking for is not to have 'uber' flying machines of death, but a fighting chance in the battlefield. Droner's are currently no more then an annoyance to most character’s, tanks included. We have access to the highest TL weaponry in game, but conversely it deals out the lowest dmg for any combat type excepting a PPU. Drones are ridiculously weak defensively, blow up at the sight off water (yes dramatic license is being taken here), are next to useless against any shielded runner, we have limited choices off dmg-type, energy or frc/prc. Droner's have some major issue's with looting mob's, because of the it takes to recall the drone and time it takes to run to mob usually result's the 30-sec protected loot right's being lost, meaning that someone has probably looted the mob sauntered off by the time you get to it. If you drop your drone in a populated area you can almost guarantee someone will steal for 'shits and giggles', even though their resale value is negligible. Droner's have the choice of ONE dungeon for exping. A droner will stand to lose about half his weaponry in a hunting expedition to bugs, lag issues and other annoyances. We lose between 3% & 7% weapon condition, each time we launch our drone's ( for a comparison imagine losing 3% -7% condition, every time you reload your gun). We cannot partake in most dungeon hunts, or Farm Mc5 part's as most other can. For the most part we accept these restrictions, what we are asking for, on the hole, is a ton of bug fixes and some minor tweaks in the droning set-up. The current set-up off dmg dealing is fine atm, in which drones below most everything but the PPU. I don’t think anyone is saying a drone should deal as much damage as APU monk or take as much damage as a Tank or PE. What we are asking for is, once again, a fighting chance!

And as to assertion the a droner is a coward, for sticking his meatsack somewhere where you cannot easily gank it, I have to say that is one of the most asinine comment's you have ever made. Do you seriousley expect a droner to be stood in front of MB waiting for you to walk up to him, draw your CS, make some childish remark and then be sent on the Gen-Rep express?

\\Fényx//
13-01-04, 15:30
Vet you ever played a high level droner for PVP or PVM ? If you have, how long did you put up with it, also did you get upto a PN or a punnisher ? Their abysmal ... Each drone costs more than a GR trip home when they 'die' and Droning is just one huge, bugged, and underpowerd moneysink ...

craio
13-01-04, 16:06
Originally posted by VetteroX
I dont think droners need a boost. Think about it. your hiding some where, attacking someone from orbit with a drone that never misses (no droner has ever missed me)
Most of the time a droner misses its because the range of the weapon wasnt sufficient.When you are running out in the open and you're being targetted from the air,do you actually believe someone would miss?And the rof of the drone is that low that we get plenty of time to aim.

Do you have ANY idea how annoying it is to be attacked by a droner?
Do you have any idea how annoying it is to try and kill a stealther as a droner?We dont have a local window to track him,we are 'high in orbit' so we don't see the blue haze.
How annoying it is to find a good spot launch the drone,get to the op and then have it blown up by a monk before you even released a shot?Or to find a spot, but being found just as the fight begins?+all the stuff the other droners will mention

try raiding mb as BD, some little coward CM hides with guards, and launches his drone constantly at you. Its hard as hell to hit, and when it does get blown, oh well, it launches another.

And that same BD running away stealthed isnt a coward?Try getting on the ridge ,there are very few places near guards that a gun with decent range cant hit.
About hiding near guard,what do you expect ?If you had to choose your position during a fight ,what would you prefer ,close to a ppu and/or fellow tanks or in front of the door alone waiting for them to kill ya?
You expect us to hide(3rd sentence you said),but when we do it we're suddenly cowards?

edit :Oh,and incase you're referring to saturn.I'm probably the cowardly droner standing near the guards and keeping an eye on the bunker. Trying to 'annoy' pk'ers BD/TG etc to leave the zone and stop 'annoying' the lowlvl-people who are trying to level.Because killing a low-lvl is a sure sign that he/she isnt a coward but the droner trying to defend/help those at the bunker is.

This to me is the same kinda complaint of snipers in every fps ive ever played "oh the sniper rifles not powerful enough, oh, it doesnt fire fast enough, oh its not easy enough to kill people from 10 miles away while im hiding in some little crack like a coward"
That aint the same,the snipers is with his gun,he knows the surroundings of his body.Where in this thread do you see anyone asking for drone that kills in 1 hit and still lives to kill another?

Droning is fine now in my opinion, you shouldnt be able to kill a good capped player with a drone, because if your a GOOD droner, and chose your spots, or have a freind defending you, he cant do shit back to you...
So you are asking for drones not to be effective and usefull?
Try asking in clan chat before an op-fight starts : Who wants to go and fight and who wants to go and stand next to the droner waiting for a lower lvl runner to go and kill him? I sincerely doubt someone will chose the second option. Why? cause he would just be standing there chatting while the droner tris to do something during the fight.What would be better the droner fighting and someone looking over his body or guy looking over the body fighting and the droner staying home?

I think drones should be what they are... good pvm, increadable scouting abilites, and an extreme annoyance in op war and pvp but not lethal....
Good PvM??
The only spots we can hunt without a lot of losses are the snake caves and the cave in i_03(This is at higher lvls).
The time it takes me to take down a WB as about the same anyone else of similar lvl would need to take down 3.

The only usefull thing i ever did during a clan hunt was to help the rest of the team get to safety because i was able to keep 2 grims busy .I lost 2 PN's while doing that but atleast i made myself usefull.
Now dont think now that drone defence can take on a grim ,it just managed to survive that long cause there were a lot of things to hide behind,and the damage i did to them isnt worth mentioning.

If you give a drone a hitbox thats 4X bigger and make them slower and easir to hit, then fine, boost their power because then I can actually fight back vs the drone, so it would be fair.
I dont know the size of the hitbox of the drone.But a 4x increase is like giving the hitbox of a houndbot to a roach or a warbot to a mutant.And if hitbox makes a difference in PvM then we're even more screwed.

Now, go ahead, flame away, tell me I suck cause I cant hit a pixel in the sky zipping around with my lib or CS, but unless you have killed as many people as I have, its meaningless.
I've seen various people hitting drones on many occasions.I dont expect someone to be able to hit a drone with a cannon and thats why droners like tanks ,easier targets.

I might have overdone it a bit but the things that were said are the reason drones still are like this.

SeXy Happy
13-01-04, 17:49
Vet I am assuming that you have never played a droner. You might have. I don't know. But if you haven't go try it. Lets see how much you think the droners are balanced. They have way too many cons and crap for pros. We aren't asking to be uber. But we are asing to be recognized, our bugs fixed, and to be somewhat useful in NC.

Right now we are nothing more than a money pit. Our drones are costly, die too easily, and have nothing to show for it. There are no droners that farm anything. The only thing I have been able to "farm" is the viper king armor. That is it and even then I have to make sure that there is nothing around when his corpse is out there so I can get it.

Droners need to be a viable class instead of a leveling tool. Most droners I know are just doing it to level and then they lom down to rifles or pistols.

Where is the love? I long for the day I can kill somone in a OP battle without having to get a lucky shot with a revenge on a unbuffed, half lifed, unhealing character.

Go try it and you tell me that droners are good the way they are. Because basically you are telling all the droners that have posted on this thread to fuck off and deal with it. You are sounding like a moron because it is coming out like "Well you are screwed, you picked the class, deal with it." :mad: :mad:

Where the hell is the love KK??

Alan
13-01-04, 18:01
One thing that would improve thing's for droner's is a shift in the quality cap for the 'bp'd' rare drone's only, I am not for a second suggesting that we get artifact quality, but Outstanding quality would be a major improvement. Another thing that would improve life for droner's is making it slightley easier for a constructor to reach the quailty cap on drone's, this is time and time again reported to be a bane for constructor's infact quite a few, refuse to build drones for this reason being as it can cause allot off hassle.

ghandisfury
13-01-04, 18:06
Originally posted by Alan
One thing that would improve thing's for droner's is a shift in the quality cap for the 'bp'd' rare drone's only, I am not for a second suggesting that we get artifact quality, but Outstanding quality would be a major improvement. Another thing that would improve life for droner's is making it slightley easier for a constructor to reach the quailty cap on drone's, this is time and time again reported to be a bane for constructor's infact quite a few, refuse to build drones for this reason being as it can cause allot off hassle.

Increasing the quality cap does little difference. @150 damage I do 62 damage X 3 to a WB. @ 178 damage I do 66 damage X 3....very little difference. Much more needs to be done with drones than a simple quality cap issue.

Keyol45743241
13-01-04, 18:32
oX, bring the right tool for the right job. Yes. Tanks with a CS are a sorry sight when trying to outslug it with a drone 1 on 1. :rolleyes:. And the Libby isn't what I call long ranged and accurate anyways. So... :wtf: you think we are "cowards"? And the big tankeh running up to our 200 hp - no resistances bodies and shoots us, isn't? :lol:

Besides, even if you choose to ignore it, a tank can simply leave the zone before dying, spys can stealth, pes can stealth and outheal, a ppu can outheal by far and an apu can nuke it - which is about a 50/50 chance out in the open when you're alone and the APU has some skills. But then, which APU hasn't a mobile shield generator taped to his back?
Add to that the inability to fight indoors or in close quarters, add to it the fact that you loose every fight forced on you... thus you are good only in a very specialized setting: Outside on extreme range while attacking. But as you have learned - we even ain't good at that. :(

Well.... at least you made one correct statement which i'd like to return to you for thorough consideration:
Think about it.:angel:

Alan
13-01-04, 20:01
Originally posted by ghandisfury
Increasing the quality cap does little difference. @150 damage I do 62 damage X 3 to a WB. @ 178 damage I do 66 damage X 3....very little difference. Much more needs to be done with drones than a simple quality cap issue.

I fully release that this would do little to improve the damage a drone put's out. But it would reduce the amount off overspecing a droner hass to do to get to a semi-reasonable lvl on the high-end drone's. Freeing up some skill point's for a secondary skill like runspeed, driving, repairing without overpowering or risking too many calls for droner nerfs. Also it's a relatively easy change to induce, i would hope.

SeXy Happy
13-01-04, 20:58
Alot of the changes that have been brought up you would think would be easy. At least as far as the droners gimpage....not the bugs, those would probably be harder I am sure. But seeing as we still have heard of no plans for droner love who the hell knows.

Still waiting to hear from Callash.......

Darth Slayer
13-01-04, 23:26

Still waiting to hear from Callash.......

Keep waiting I think he's given up on us.....:(
I'm starting to consider Lomming to rifles as I am getting a wee bit too much fed up with drones and the bugs......:mad:

Mr_Snow
13-01-04, 23:33
Originally posted by Darth Slayer
Keep waiting I think he's given up on us.....:(
I'm starting to consider Lomming to rifles as I am getting a wee bit too much fed up with drones and the bugs......:mad:

Rifles pffft pistols are the uber.

VetteroX
14-01-04, 00:16
I think they should fix any bugs you have, but what do you want now? They already made MC5 more of a pain in the ass for 95% of players cause of that stupid riggers dream, and now you have a riggers, and a droner eye, and mindcontrol cpu, which USED to be useful for everyone, no negatives, +5 dex + 15 rc, very nice in my opinion, but droners screamed and they made is so it now sucks for non doning chars. You have tons of implants and stuff now. I wouldnt mind if droners got a pa and a improvment in drone quality, but I dont want a big damage upgrade... its not up for discussion, Ive been hit by a particle nemesis, and I say if hurts a lot. You saying you hit ppus and it doesnt hurt em... whats new? I can take over 2 clips of CS, 14 point blank rog hits, and I say, droners hurt me. If I cant kill you cause your hidden or defended by guards, why should you be able to kill me?

Ive seen droners fight wbs and they go down pretty quit in my opinion.... and what if you only have the graves to level in? its extremely effective place... If nc gets more people they gotta give u more spots but for now its not much of a problem.

Mr_Snow
14-01-04, 00:40
there are loads of drone bugs that need fixing and thats not bringing damage imps etc into it so vet since you dont play and havent play a droner stay out of it

Darth Slayer
14-01-04, 01:02
Originally posted by Mr_Snow
there are loads of drone bugs that need fixing and thats not bringing damage imps etc into it so vet since you dont play and havent play a droner stay out of it

My thoughts exactly Snow. So Vet please stay out of this thread as you are obviously never attempted to play a droner.....:p
@ Snow Heh buddy I have another Spy cha, Set my Research Biatch who I'll take down the pistol spy road. I still have that 4 slot RoLH gathering dust in one of Scorps cupboards......:D

JiNxY
14-01-04, 01:06
i've kept out of this thread so far, as ive repeated myself over and over on the whole drone issue. and nothing has been sorted so i see no point.

Vetterox, your post has just plain irritated me, everything you have said has been unconstructive and uneducated.
alot of people have put forward balanced ideas, you are the first to say droners are fine how they are. like the two posters above me, just stay away plz.

SeXy Happy
14-01-04, 01:07
Vet, even Callash has said that the boni dont mean didly squat, neither does PA armor. We arent asking for bumps in our imps or anything like that. We want to be viable in combat. And I am sorry if you got hurt by a PN, but I don't believe it hurts because I have seen the damage a PN does to a unbuffed tank and its jack crap. Maybe you have your resists all wrong or maybe you were a newb when it happened, but droners have problems.

I mean you have to be kidding me right? A drone hurt you? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Come on man. Everyone knows that droners need a bump, and we need bug fixes. Are you telling me that as a tank you would be happy if you lost quality on your CS everytime you reloaded it? That it got destroyed everytime you took damage? That you did jack crap in an OP battle? That no one would want to construct any weapons for you because it would take too long and that it was a high TL item, even though it did crap damage.

You would like all of these things? Cause it happens ever day for a droner.

Mirco
14-01-04, 01:55
I think they should fix any bugs you have, but what do you want now? They already made MC5 more of a pain in the ass for 95% of players cause of that stupid riggers dream, and now you have a riggers, and a droner eye, and mindcontrol cpu, which USED to be useful for everyone, no negatives, +5 dex + 15 rc, very nice in my opinion, but droners screamed and they made is so it now sucks for non doning chars. You have tons of implants and stuff now. I wouldnt mind if droners got a pa and a improvment in drone quality, but I dont want a big damage upgrade... its not up for discussion, Ive been hit by a particle nemesis, and I say if hurts a lot. You saying you hit ppus and it doesnt hurt em... whats new? I can take over 2 clips of CS, 14 point blank rog hits, and I say, droners hurt me. If I cant kill you cause your hidden or defended by guards, why should you be able to kill me?

Ive seen droners fight wbs and they go down pretty quit in my opinion.... and what if you only have the graves to level in? its extremely effective place... If nc gets more people they gotta give u more spots but for now its not much of a problem.

I have followed most droner threads since september retail and I have not seen one. Not one, thread where droners complain that someone is "abusing" their imps as a big problem. Why would I care about that? This is a lousy point to make.

So in a favourable situation for the droner, he was actually able to hurt you? Wow. If a drone attacks you, you can either try to locate the droner, run away or hide in a building. Droner meets tank 2 burst cs rape. Hmm I have the choice of dying and...ah yes dying. As for droners not being able to kill ppus thats fine. I guess its pretty much the same thing for a tank, but does your tank die after being hit by 2 paras? How much does the drone hurt you when you are sheltered? What does it matter, with a monk there the drone is destroyed before you can feel any damage from it.

In the situation where the droner used guards as cover. This is a city merc stronghold. If you are red to cm shouldnt this mean that pking in a cm area should have some drawbacks for you? He uses the situation to his advantage and I see nothing wrong with that.

And one more thing for the droning imps, they are actually filling the gap for the 40% short we get from our drones because of the quality cap. You just go ahead and find out how many points of rcl and wlp that amounts to.

The riggers dream is causing problems for 95% of the players. That would mean there arent very many droners about. How come? Because they are not as uber as you want them to sound. Almost noone is playing them. That should tell you something.

As for wbs going down pretty fast. Not compared to any of the other weaponclasses. Also hunting wbs with drones is not that smart cause you stand there watching the sky in a zone where often other people frequent. Its like shooting fish in a barrell.

Furthermore, have you any idea how much I hate the graves? Being there on my own all day for hours at a time? Then finally a team of monks shows up and if they happen to be friendly all you can do is run after them if they are so kind as to let you leech from them.

I dont think anyone is asking for a big boost in damage. Overpowering would be pointless. Droners and other character might have differences to what makes a boost big, but all we really want is chance to be of any use. If you have other ideas of what drones can do except dealing damage I welcome it. Don`t mention scouting because it is not worth much. A stealther spy does it better.

jj dynomite
14-01-04, 02:07

So you don't think droners should have a MC5 chip, Rare chip, Regular Brain Imp, or an eye??? That's kind of a strange remark. Every other type of supclass has one, why not droners?

And we don't have "a ton of implants" now either. We have a total of 11 (Which the 3 distance ones are pointless) brain imps and 3 eyes. That's not "a ton of implants"

As for your taking damage from drones....that's funny. A PN does a base 3x274 energy/x-ray to a 1/1 MOB. Runners take 1/3 of normal damage. Now an unbuffed tank with the generic tank resists will only take about 6% of that total damage. There is a drone bug that dismisses 1 (and sometimes 2) of the PNs shots when they hit. Shelter/Deflector reduces the damage by another 30 - 70% off of that. So lets say you're a tank with the generic tank resists with shelter deflector and the PN bug is going on like normal. You just took 7 points of damage. If you weren't sheltered, deflectored, and the bug wasn't happening - You just took 33 points of damage. So when you say "Ive been hit by a particle nemesis, and I say if hurts a lot" I'm seeing some sort of problem.

Droners need tweeked. The bugs need fixed. We need to be able to do something other than "annoy" other runners. Plain and simple. So VetteroX....could you go to another thread. We (as in those of us that ARE droners) are very serious about this, and we don't need somebody like you talking down to us just because you find it hard to get past the CM guard and pk us, or to use a tangent speed gun instead of a CS when attacking a drone.

Bl1nd
14-01-04, 03:04
bleh i have a droner and is true they really sux

particle beamers are slooooooooow to shoot

drones dont get slots so we gotta use crappy drones with 80% in stats thats the reason why drones sux

drones dont need a boost we just need slots or take the cap for csting out of it so we can get at least drones with damage 100%

AND FOR GOD SAKE GIVE US OUR PA IS TOO HARD TO ADD 1 ITEM TO THE GAME A COPY OF THE OTHER PA JUST ADDING REMOTE CONTRON

sorry but i h8 incompetence

Callash
14-01-04, 04:59
*sigh* :(

I said it once, and I will say it again: I cannot report something until I have something to report. I go on CoDis nerves frequently, but he is teh ubar busy, so it's hard to accomplish anything. Maybe I will regret this, but the feature I have planned is a helmet or something that takes a droner off the local list while he drones. It has been suggested a few times and we liked the idea. I can also tell you that I compiled a pages-long list of droning bugs and handed them over to CoDi, but... well, see above. Don't blame the guy, he just has waayyy too much work. We are also tinkering around on drones a little with coming Testserver Patch. Upping damage here, reducing weight there, boosting Speed, and so on. We are also working on a new special Drone, I will only reveal what it is when I am positive that it works though ;)

It's not much I can tell you, I know... I still try my best though. :(

Shadow Dancer
14-01-04, 05:00
Wow callash that helmet idea is so cool. :angel:

Keiron
14-01-04, 05:02
Props to Callash for saying you guys are trying to balance drones.

Drexel
14-01-04, 05:03
Just bought a second account.

I will now have a droner for the first time since Beta, thanks for the words Callash.

Im excited. :D

bounty
14-01-04, 05:07
I gotta hand it to kk, their upped communication to the community is all i asked for and i have certainly gotten it. Thanks a lot, this paying customer is very happy.

ps looking forward to next couple of test patches coming to retail :)

MegaCorp
14-01-04, 05:17
I dont have a problem with Droners getting some improvements; some of the ideas expressed so far should be strongly considered by KK.

However, I would like to point out that I still have a helluva time targeting drones. Sometimes they cant be targeted at all, other times you need to be so precise that if the drones are moving at all I cant really hit them; I am talking Particle Nemisis here. So what it boils down to is that drones, for me, are essentially impossible to kill, and so I would like that issue to be investigated.

I accept the fact that having them hard to hit may be a form of virtual armor, and so if they were easier to hit they would die too fast ... in which case I would vote for making them easier to hit but also increasing their hit points to compensate.

Do other rifle people have this problem? If not, what rifle are you using? I admit that the problem could just be *me* and I need more practice. I usually use a Silent Hunter and a Disruptor. Yes, it is a little easier if I am zoomed in, but not all that much easier.

No flak, please, just let me know your own experiences, thank you.

Spook

VetteroX
14-01-04, 05:25
You can do any math you want. fact is drones hurt and are extremely annoying. Yeah, my resists suck. must be why I got mentioned multiple times in the best pe thread, only people that didnt mention me have grudges with me or havnt seen me. But no, you got it my resits suck. Lets duel with me and your best combat char and you can see how badly my resits suck. They never miss no matter how fast I move or zig zag. Its extremely annoying when im beating the crap out of some capped CM tank, apu, or pe and a drone comes along that never misses and starts pounding or me, when if it was another tank or pe id just manuver so that they get in each others way instead of shooting me. Ive never made a droner but ive tried my freinds droner.

So what, its hard for you to level con. Well, its hard for monks to level dex, and spies to level psi. You can cap con quick if you got people to help you, and easily take way more then 2 cs blasts. Its a tradeoff.. you get to attack with a freaking satalite in earths orbit thats impossible to target, so of course you bodys gotta be easy to kill if they can find you.

Like I said, I think any bugs should be fixed, but I and the vast majority dont want more rares added to the pool, and you dont have to do more damage pvp.

You say Ive never played as a droner, why dont YOU try the other end, and try fighting outnumbered like I do every day, while some little coward pounds on you with a drone while your trying to fight a bunch of other people?

bounty
14-01-04, 05:46
Pvp damage is a joke with drones. ANd yeah, drones are kinda hard to aim at but a few hits and they die. 2 holy paras(yes the ppu spell) and they explode. that is sad. Vet: i respect what everyone has to say on these boards but you are smoking something if you don't agree with drones needing some loving in the pvp area(range and damage specifically need love badly).

Keyol45743241
14-01-04, 06:18
Consider this... you still can zip around in PP, you can sync anything you like and you stealth at will. And at the moment you outheal a Drone as a PE with the correct belt of choice. Besides if you do *some* tactical playing, like sticking to roofed buildings or, walls or in case of an emergency, a tree, the droner doesn't have a chance. And why the heck do you try to slug it out with a drone anyways? Go stealth and find the Droner himself! Which is, what undoublty would happen if drones would become dangerous all of a sudden. So how about it you learn it right now and stop whining that a drone hurts you in the open when you're afk :lol:

Besides, what makes you think you should win when fighting droners? In their terrain? Out in the open, when they have the initiative? They can't fight anywhere else and at no other kind of situation, they at the initiative and hidden. So, that single possibility is given for droners, why the fucking fuck shouldn't they be teh übar pwn there? Because you DESERVE to pwn anything left and right in every situation? Go meet a droner in the PP.... Yes, he's impolite that little bastard, grabbing your heels while you stumble over his dead body :rolleyes: Do you use rifles or pistols? Why don't you complain that your rifles don't have the aimspeed of a pistol and vice versa, that the pistol doesn't have the damage or range of a rifle? Same goes for Droners and PEs (in general, discounting the odd Droner PE :lol: ), they're a completely different breed with some advantages and some disadvantages. And as you might have realized by simply the fact that next to no one plays one, the disadvantages are stronger by far :(

@Callash

Don't forget a 10 second delay. As far as I understood it, you'll return to the local list when your drone drops or explodes, correct? Give us a chance to launch another one, maybe having to accept the impairment if we don't want to show up in the local list. And make us Droners sit or kneel while droning, you know, just like the bumps in the Pepper Park. Better for hiding... :D... Anyway, how can we maintain balance if our brain rides a drone? :rolleyes: For the helmet idea - yes, helmet is good, but.. can't we get something usefull for the safeslot? But then.. i don't care if the only thing that will be worth something to a droner (apart from a RD) dropps from time to time....

And.. how about making the speed of a drone skill dependant? Yes, it would hurt all those tradeskiller/droner hybrids but allow a decent drone for the pure combat animals amongst us - and set us apart from them. Consider the PvP results for a PN at 100%, 120% 140%, 160% and at the 178% cap, what REAL difference it makes.

Err... may I say PLEASE to the little one hitpoint scorpion drone which delivers a devastating three or four shot poison attack with a secondary 'drug fallout effect' (or, for the completely insane, going off the scale of resonable - check out the "Call of Duty" singleplayer shockeffeckt when hit by a grenade :D it is teh pwn! We need more Drug effects! Colors! Stars! Droms instead of people! Missing name info on all chars! inability to cast spells! increase in fizzle chance! Uncontrollable giggling!) Nice and hard to use assassin tool, just make the drug effect dependant on the damage percentage - again better effect for the combat animals, lesser effect for the hybrids.

Another thing. Is there a reason why we have to run around like half monkehs, the spells eating up half of our QB? Can't we get a glove that gives ... say.. 8 RCL, 5WPW, pulls 20 PSI and needs to be poked in place, so fastswitching is no longer an option? And disables the combat booster slot permanently? No Droner is reliably getting dronerbuffs at the moment anyway, since they're usually far away from the action. I am a tech wizard, not a spellwuss :rolleyes::D

Besides, I don't know for sure, but I really think if drones would get a decent increase in combat value, nobody here would complain if you increase the impairment to 20%.... heck, even 100% (or anything you deem worthy) if it is a drone that really has a value for an opwar....

jj dynomite
14-01-04, 07:26
Ok...i've got a bit to reply to, so bare with me.

Originally posted by Callash
*sigh* :(

I said it once, and I will say it again: I cannot report something until I have something to report. I go on CoDis nerves frequently, but he is teh ubar busy, so it's hard to accomplish anything. Maybe I will regret this, but the feature I have planned is a helmet or something that takes a droner off the local list while he drones. It has been suggested a few times and we liked the idea. I can also tell you that I compiled a pages-long list of droning bugs and handed them over to CoDi, but... well, see above. Don't blame the guy, he just has waayyy too much work. We are also tinkering around on drones a little with coming Testserver Patch. Upping damage here, reducing weight there, boosting Speed, and so on. We are also working on a new special Drone, I will only reveal what it is when I am positive that it works though ;)

It's not much I can tell you, I know... I still try my best though. :(

Thanks for the info Callash. I really didn't want to know what the special thing was until it came out, but thanks for the update. All i really needed was "Thanks for the input guys. We are considering a lot of these ideas. That something special isn't worked out yet, but i'll let you know as soon as i know. As for wanting to know about what bugs i'm fixing.....There's too many i've sent in to be posted on the forums." Or something like that. But none the less thank you.

Originally posted by MegaCorp
However, I would like to point out that I still have a helluva time targeting drones. Sometimes they cant be targeted at all, other times you need to be so precise that if the drones are moving at all I cant really hit them; I am talking Particle Nemisis here. So what it boils down to is that drones, for me, are essentially impossible to kill, and so I would like that issue to be investigated.

I accept the fact that having them hard to hit may be a form of virtual armor, and so if they were easier to hit they would die too fast ... in which case I would vote for making them easier to hit but also increasing their hit points to compensate.

Do other rifle people have this problem? If not, what rifle are you using? I admit that the problem could just be *me* and I need more practice. I usually use a Silent Hunter and a Disruptor. Yes, it is a little easier if I am zoomed in, but not all that much easier.
Spook

Hey spook...your concerns are good ones. I've personally never fought against a drone. I've heard they are extremely hard to hit with a reticle focus weapon. But that does make sense doesn't it? Like skeet shooting. It's a small moving object at a long distance. The one thing that you may not know is...once we get hit...our screen goes fuzzy and our drone moves quite slow for a couple of seconds making it a bit easier for you to hit us. I do personally know with capped aming on all rifles it is easier to hit a drone. Like only the experts being able to shoot that skeet every time. Just my thoughts.

You can do any math you want. fact is drones hurt and are extremely annoying. Yeah, my resists suck. must be why I got mentioned multiple times in the best pe thread, only people that didnt mention me have grudges with me or havnt seen me. But no, you got it my resits suck. Lets duel with me and your best combat char and you can see how badly my resits suck. They never miss no matter how fast I move or zig zag. Its extremely annoying when im beating the crap out of some capped CM tank, apu, or pe and a drone comes along that never misses and starts pounding or me, when if it was another tank or pe id just manuver so that they get in each others way instead of shooting me. Ive never made a droner but ive tried my freinds droner.

So what, its hard for you to level con. Well, its hard for monks to level dex, and spies to level psi. You can cap con quick if you got people to help you, and easily take way more then 2 cs blasts. Its a tradeoff.. you get to attack with a freaking satalite in earths orbit thats impossible to target, so of course you bodys gotta be easy to kill if they can find you.

Like I said, I think any bugs should be fixed, but I and the vast majority dont want more rares added to the pool, and you dont have to do more damage pvp.

You say Ive never played as a droner, why dont YOU try the other end, and try fighting outnumbered like I do every day, while some little coward pounds on you with a drone while your trying to fight a bunch of other people?

Ok VetteroX....I was a bit too extreme in my last post about you. I'll be more civil this time. I was under the impression you were a tank. It seems to me now that you are a PE. Your damage taken as a capped pe would be more of that than a capped tank. (BTW bragging about ones self like that doesn't bring many allies). Drones hit all of the time just like apu/ppu's hit all of the time. For the most part as long as you have the person in your sights when you fire it will hit them. But the damage per shot with a drone is nothing like that of any other weapon in the same category (including apu). Now granted i'm not saying a drone should be of equal or greater damage than an apu, but the current difference is devestating. About hitting the drones....well you can see what i posted above....it is possibe, but you have to work for it (as it should be).
You also say it is hard for us to level con. and you do the comparison of spies to con. Well...most droners are spies. For us the only 2 things that level are INT and DEX. We have to work really hard to get STR, CON, and PSI. Not a whole lot of revelance, but we do have our sacrifices like all other classes. As for us being easy to kill....well that's how it should be. So what does a person who can be killed easily do?? They go hide behind the big bulky guard who will shoot an enemy on site. You call it cheap, we call it surviving. It's using what you got to stay alive...all classes do their thing to stay alive...this is the droners thing.
As for rares being added to the pool. Why?? So YOU can get more of the rares YOU need? A bit lopsided thinking. And sorry, but a slight increase in pvp stats is needed. I'm just saying slight. This whole thread has been saying don't overbuff the drones. If we do get an increase you should adjust your tactics a bit to compensate. I can think of a few ideas already to adjust to a slight droner boost for all classes.
And finally....I HAVE played EVERY class in the game. I've fought outnumbered and been pretty good at it. Like i said...i haven't fought against a drone before, but if when fighting outnumbered that is the thing you are thinking abou...maybe you should rethink your stragety, or do what you yourself suggested.....Get a group to back you up...i good apu/ppu can kill a drone in .5 seconds without even thinking about it.

Your concerns are very lopsided. Think rationally about things. That's what this whole thread has been about.

All i'm saying is drones do need a SLIGHT boost in abilities. Hell....even more options with drones would be good...ground drones, hacking drones, transport drones, that little poision scorpion drone, etc...but whatever is done shouldn't be a switch to Dronocron.

MegaCorp
14-01-04, 07:48
Thanks for the info jj. I did not realize that hitting a drone made things tougher for the droner. Maybe that results in reasonable balance and my concern should be dropped. For me, I think it would be more satisfying to actually hit the damned things, and have to do so often, than to miss a lot and then finally kill it with just a few direct hits; i.e. easier to hit but more hit points ... but with the existing fuzzy/slow effects maybe that isnt such a good idea ... okay, I can accept that. Also, fyi, I cap aiming on all rifles. Lastly, your skeet analogy makes the misses understandable and a bit easier to accept.

Spook

jj dynomite
14-01-04, 08:03
Hehe...

even though i'm passionate about a few things (ahem...drones and hacking) i'm still reasonable and open minded. I like a good balance in the game...the power houses should be power houses...the tradeskillers should be trade skillers....etc.

welp...i'm going to bed now

craio
14-01-04, 11:03
-about rares : i don't care about drone rares as they are now,they are only used for bp'ing anyway,take them out of the rare pool and put them in the shops (but keep the swirly its just funny to see the reaction of people when you're holding a revenge).
-A team of 2 snipers and 2 droners will hurt
-A PN can hurt ,atleast to the guys coming to mb to pk it does as i noticed(full hit was about 144 damage),but those guys are rarely capped or with the a ppu strapped to their but.
-One of the major reasons drones cant function in certain situations is that fuzzy screen that comes up.We could be able to function indoors if that wasnt there.
-Why is it that stunner turrets blow up drones faster then a gat seems to?
-As stated in MJS his post ,drones arent meant to be frontline fighters,they are support ,but what kind of support?
The one that stays behind to protect?The one that follows someone around and deals some additional damage?Or something that actually poses a threat on its own,besides to people that just lost their buffed and are trieing to run away because they took a lot of damage.Or the dumb tank getting stuck in the water?

I'm just wondering ,all the droners that have been posting here...
What's your droner(way to lvl tradeskill,rarely used alt,main char,...)?How long have you been using PN(if you can) ,whats your damage stat on it and how much RCL/WPW/INT/DEX do you have ?
Do you actually go to op-fights or fight people at your own ground?

For me that would be:
My droner is my main char.
I've been using PN for 2 months now,and finally got it capped deu to the latest imp changes ,my stats are (with drone boost 1)
int:96(+0) WPW:223(+52)
dex:123(+27) RCL:205(+60) (got 76 in vhc so i can atleast do something else).

I always try to join op-fights with my clan ,but are always the first one to die or the last one (sometimes they don't bother to track the droner).Often i just leave cause i'm out of drones ,i dont feel lik spending more then 3 PN on a fight.I've noticed that most of the time they dont realy care about a drone,because the nearby ppu can allmost make you outheal the damage or zap the drone.

\\Fényx//
14-01-04, 13:41
vet ffs stop feeding your own ego on my damn thread please, yea your a good PE, but you aint a droner, so stay outta this unless you have something constructive to say, and that doesent include ''drones are fine, they hurt me and they are annoying''.....

Thanks callash for that, Im not too sure on the helmet idea personally, yet to be honest, I dont think there should be a local list atall, for anyone, this means youll be able to sneak attack up onto someone, aswell as actually hide from someone ...

Shadow Dancer
14-01-04, 14:13
I dont think there should be a local list atall, for anyone, this means youll be able to sneak attack up onto someone, aswell as actually hide from someone ...

I agree.

I think it's silly the only way to truely sneak up on someone is to use the stealth device.

Mirco
14-01-04, 15:23
vet ffs stop feeding your own ego on my damn thread please, yea your a good PE, but you aint a droner, so stay outta this unless you have something constructive to say, and that doesent include ''drones are fine, they hurt me and they are annoying''.....

Thanks callash for that, Im not too sure on the helmet idea personally, yet to be honest, I dont think there should be a local list atall, for anyone, this means youll be able to sneak attack up onto someone, aswell as actually hide from someone ...

I made this: http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=87105&highlight=local poll a few days ago, but it never seemed to catch much wind. Maybe it was my options that weren`t good.

SeXy Happy
14-01-04, 16:53
Woot! Thanks Callash....I am kinda with jj I didn't want to know about the helmet, but unlike jj I did want to hear what you submitted. Thank you so much Callash, for helping the droner class out. I hope that one day we might actually be able to do something in an OP battle.

Vet please say something constructive or nothing at all. You say a vast majority agree with, yet I know no one droner or otherwise except for you who have said that droners are fine the way they are. Everyone knows they need a boost.

That is who I can keep my drone during an OP, because no one cares to try and shoot it out of the sky, because it does nothing to any of them. Not even an annoyance. It's like I am not even there.

You tell me how much fun does that sound?

Thanatos
14-01-04, 18:59
A considerable amount of chocolate has been used to bribe CoDi to squash drone bugs. My poor chocolate *sniff* :(

Fixed so far:
- No more SL loss when you "accidentally" hit a team member.
- Drones are part of the team now, so there will be xp and money rewards if the drone is within the required range .
- Faction chat works when in drone mode.
- Droning players can't be pushed around anymore.

J. Folsom
14-01-04, 19:01
Originally posted by Thanatos
A considerable amount of chocolate has been used to bribe CoDi to squash drone bugs. My poor chocolate *sniff* :(Chocolate is less important then helping droners! Well, actually... Poor choco... Wait, no... Help droners! :p

Sounds cool though, thanks for the bribe.

Mirco
14-01-04, 19:01
A considerable amount of chocolate has been used to bribe CoDi to squash drone bugs. My poor chocolate *sniff* :(

Fixed so far:
- Drones are part of the team now, so there will be xp and money rewards if the drone is within the required range .

O----M-----G that is so sweet.

Of the 4 fixes the drone are a part of team now is the absolute winner. Yesyesyes.

\\Fényx//
14-01-04, 19:03

Fixed so far:

w00t, ETA for the patch is december probably ..... :p

Thats some of the bug fixes sorted, main one ofcourse is the SL issues :)

Would it be possible to change the drone controlls ?

So for example you had:

W: Forward
S: Backward
A: Left
D: Right
Q: Up
E: Down

or something like that :confused:

Ryuben
14-01-04, 19:22
rofl i been droneing for a bit so the new the up + down controls would be sweet :o

sweet pacthe

now fix the rest of the bugs and u will be looking @ manny happy droner bunnehs

Keyol45743241
14-01-04, 19:24
- Droning players can't be pushed around anymore.NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :(

Endless hours of fun, pushing myself around in the subway are now over! We even had races :(

Better make the Hacker/Droner not sync while hacking or droning - since you will most definitely crash then :rolleyes:

Does KK consider the gamebalance as not fair towards droners?

Alan
14-01-04, 21:22
Great news, thanks for work CoDi and the grave scarifice u made Thantos.

(Rushes out to buy Thanatos loads more chocies. **Sod that, breaks into a Cadbury's distribution depot and steals an arctic full of Chocolate:D )

P4mp3rk3
14-01-04, 21:30
If needed, I will donate some of the finest Belgian chocolate as well...
Let me know and we can makesome kind of deal somewhere in Pepper Park ok?

and, oh yeah, thanks for the coming fixes, all us droners love you again

<3 :D

SeXy Happy
14-01-04, 21:42
Thank you thank you thank you thank you and thank you. Its a great start to getting the droning class fixed. Thank you so much for looking in to it for us and getting some of the bugs that have been persistantly bugging ;) everyone fixed. Hope this is good news that the other bugs are getting looked into as well and maybe some bumpage to boot.

jj dynomite
15-01-04, 01:41
Woot! Thanks Callash....I am kinda with jj I didn't want to know about the helmet, but unlike jj I did want to hear what you submitted. Thank you so much Callash, for helping the droner class out. I hope that one day we might actually be able to do something in an OP battle.

I did want to hear about the bugs...i posted that earlier.

Thanks for the info Thanatos....If you want me to send you chocolates please send me your address (They will be "special" chocolates)

LTA
15-01-04, 12:59
lol

4 bugs down 400 to go :p

Glad to see kk finally acknowledging and sorting a problem...

hajoan
15-01-04, 16:07
Hm...

Reakktor Media Ltd.
z. H. Michel "Thanatos" Feidt
Community Support Manager
Walderseestr. 30

30177 Hannover

Germany

Würde eine Sendung an diese Adresse bei Dir ankommen?
Welche Schokolade magst Du am liebsten?
Welche CoDi?

Nur so rein interessehalber...

[edit]
uuups... english forum.
OK I asked if the addres would be right if someone want to send him something.
Er... and whats his and CoDis farovite chocolate.
I just wanna know...

SeXy Happy
15-01-04, 16:14
Originally posted by LTA
lol

4 bugs down 400 to go :p

Glad to see kk finally acknowledging and sorting a problem...

isnt that the truth.

Sorry jj must have misunderstood you. :)

Thanatos
15-01-04, 19:24
Yep that address will work ^^

I don't have any special preferences, just can't stand tons of nuts in the chocolate. CoDi is a Kinderriegel junkie ;)

John.nl
15-01-04, 19:46
Ofcourse no sane person would actually eat any food mailed by NC players :p

So, what would be the preferred way to get the chocolat of choice on this mythical CoDi's desk?

Darth Slayer
15-01-04, 20:46
YAY Callash and Thanatos posting I feel ever so loved now......:D
Thanks for the Update it is appreciated......:)

Mr_Snow
15-01-04, 21:19
Onoz with that helmet its gonna be harder to hunt darth down at op wars.

Its good to see that their is some progress planned with drones.

Darth Slayer
15-01-04, 21:52
Onoz with that helmet its gonna be harder to hunt darth down at op wars.

I must remember never ever stand on top of a hill and drone expecting my sniper buddy to warn me if anybody appears on the local list......:lol:
Oh and u Git........:p

Mr_Snow
15-01-04, 22:05
you should learn to stealth before your dead.

sniper buddy ash or capt iglo?

Darth Slayer
16-01-04, 00:48
I did Stealth but too late.......:lol:
It was SoulSeeker I think Ash ain't been on for a while.
Nasty Nasty man.........:p

Mr_Snow
16-01-04, 00:55
Nah Ash was there I killed him didnt see soulseeker but saw iglo camping the roof and nearly sniped him before he stealthed off.

jj dynomite
16-01-04, 02:39
Thanatos....

If we do send you chocolates will you actually open them? I'll mark my handle on it of course. But i don't want to send something over the ocean just for it not to be opened.

Also...

Callash....do you want a present also?

Darth Slayer
16-01-04, 18:56
Nah Ash was there I killed him didnt see soulseeker but saw iglo camping the roof and nearly sniped him before he stealthed off.
:lol: Maybe it was Ash I'm old and my memory is fading.....:D
Heh Igloo use's the Obliterator nice going on almost getting him.

Kikyo
17-01-04, 11:47
LOL my tank cant even hit a particle nemises with a fucking proto laser and if i get lucky it does shit about 1/20 of the particle nemises health for tanks and pistols PEs you cant hit them but the drone can hit u very gay.

nerf the drones imo

Kikyo
17-01-04, 11:47
LOL my tank cant even hit a particle nemises with a fucking proto laser and if i get lucky it does shit about 1/20 of the particle nemises health for tanks and pistols PEs you cant hit them but the drone can hit u very gay.

nerf the drones imo

Callash
17-01-04, 14:17
Thanatos....

If we do send you chocolates will you actually open them? I'll mark my handle on it of course. But i don't want to send something over the ocean just for it not to be opened.

Also...

Callash....do you want a present also?
:lol:
Well, if you insist, you can send presents to my persona to:

Jan Doerrenhaus
Am Hegede 30
58313 Herdecke
Germany
The address differs from ReaKKtors address since I am a freelancer working from home :)

But really, you don't have to send anything to make me keep going ;)

Darth Slayer
17-01-04, 15:14
Originally posted by Kikyo

nerf the drones imo
Try using a Gatling. Seems I must have the gayest drones going as everyone seems able to hit them.....:lol:
Oh and go away now and don't post again unless u have something really constructive to say.......:p

Keyol45743241
17-01-04, 17:50
Kikyo.... maybe you're not supposed to win against a Drone on long range? MMh? And a tank with some skillz can definitely fend of a drone - he'll die from the second, tho :p

But then, the drone can't sync, the drone is about as fast as a running tankeh (with PA) and if you fend off a drone once, it's not tooo easy to find you again when running around in the zone, looking for the body. If you stay, lick your wounds and wait for the next one, you're quite dead.

P4mp3rk3
18-01-04, 23:27
Another aircraft sighted
We received another report of an aircraft sighting from the northeast sectors of the Wastelands. While speculations ran high on the origin of these crafts, after it was sighted for the first time, it now appears to be another devilish weapon of the enemy. Again it headed towards Dome of York after noticing it had been spotted. Our sources were equipped with the latest surveillance gear and managed to record high quality imagery of the aircraft. Unfortunately, we can not print any images yet, as they have been seized by the NCPD for analysis. One of our sources describes the aircraft as "a remotely controlled device. We did not find any indications for a cockpit or any sort of pilot compartment. We have no idea of the aircrafts payload, it could be a scout or a small attack craft. When it fled north we couldn't keep up with it, I have no idea how these things can be intercepted, they are just too damned fast." We will publish the images as soon as the NCPD is done with their analysis.
Bob Steele, Neocronicle News

Right, this is from neocronicle from 2 months ago...
any news on these analysed pictures? Or is the NCPD in Neocron as slow as they are in Belgium =p

Darth Slayer
19-01-04, 00:28
Originally posted by P4mp3rk3
Right, this is from neocronicle from 2 months ago...
any news on these analysed pictures? Or is the NCPD in Neocron as slow as they are in Belgium =p

Ahem is this the right thread for this?........:eek:

P4mp3rk3
19-01-04, 00:37
well, I'm thinking these reports are about drones?? figuered they were hinting about new toys back then already....

don't know, I don't think it's OT :confused:

Darth Slayer
19-01-04, 00:38
Now that I think on it u could be right, sorry.

Ehyuko
19-01-04, 03:11
That was made around the same time gliders were being tested on the test server... but it seems now the reqs on gliders are under review or else they are being held back for BDoY or additional content releases. It has nothing to do with this thread.

Rai Wong
19-01-04, 09:15
Posting to keep the thread up because I think its important :P

Unfortunately i'm a pure droner and I still suck agaisnt all other enemies.

\\Fényx//
21-01-04, 05:07
http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=88076

w00t droners getting some love, fixed some bugs, reduced weight and uppod ROF :D :) :) :) :) :)

jj dynomite
21-01-04, 07:10
Woot!!!!!!!!!!

Damn....that was fast...Well I guess KK does listen after all.

thanks again callash, thanatos, MJS, and all the others that are working on fixing droning

craio
21-01-04, 09:39
Dont notice any speed difference to the PN.
RoF is upped to 222/min(used to be 111/min) damage is reduced to 2/3 apparently(warbot took 68/shot before now its 42/shot).

The speed of the MR type and Punisher changed noticable,you can now gain double the altitude (which is about 4m).

On a sidenote: While i tested this,had the following bugs: drone disapears upon launch , the drone got stuck to something and stuck in a wall upon launch.

SeXy Happy
21-01-04, 17:18
so craio you are saying that they actually reduced the damage given by particle drones?

damn the man, if that isn't a one stepforward and one stepback. We are right back to where it was. :rolleyes:

Mirco
21-01-04, 18:08
With the new edit:rof the PN would do about 25% more damage a minute wouldnt it?

craio
21-01-04, 18:23
First all damage is comparing to a wb before and wb after patch!

The damage per minute is increased, 222*42(=9324) is more than 111*68(=7548) but as you see the damage per shot and thus burst has been decreased.

So purely RoF change would seem an increase in RoF from 111 to 137 (thats the rof you would get if ya take the new total damage output/minute and divide it by the old damage/shot).

But this is not taking the PN's clip in account!

The PN can shoot 60 bursts/launch according to rustots site.
before : 60*(68*3) = 12240
now : 60*(42*3) = 7560
So with these changes ya do about 35-40% less damage/launch but that damage will be done a lot faster,from needing 97 secs to empty the clip to 49 secs.
If it wasnt a drone it would be an improvement,reloading normally doesnt take that much time, relaunching on the other hand does...

So summarized it certainly doesnt seem an improvement,
-Less damage/burst
=>Less damage/launch
=>More launches needed for same damage output
-Launches follow up much faster
And all this because you shoot faster but with a decreased damage/burst

@Micro: it would IF ya didnt take the fact into account that the PN has only got 180 shots/launch so that a decrease in damage/burst has a huge effect overall (relaunching takes a lot of time)

Mirco
21-01-04, 18:55
K craio. Tnx for explaining it to me.

Keyol45743241
21-01-04, 18:57
Craio, check the facts please.

The Particle Nemesis has been greatly improved by these changes. Rustots site is obsolete concerning the testserver (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=88076), as far as I know (haven't counted the shots, tho)
- Increased energy and speed of most drones.And even if you are right and they haven't increased the energy, I'd cheer for it! Why? Because I'll rather be effective for a short time than just a nuisance for a long time in PvP :rolleyes: Besides, you miss the fact, that higher damage output in a shorter time leaves the victim dead earlier, making him shoot the drone less times and thus reducing the need to heal it up again :rolleyes: :p

And besides, for PvM, you'll stand in combat range of your target anyway, so relaunch is quick!

So take the word of an experienced droner (who actually was on the test server and tried it out instead of juggling math with false facts), the change is good!

I just wanna know what the Mosquito and Raptor do.... they start on the test server but don't shoot. From the extremely high frequency (and the name) my guess is, that the Mosquito is either a Pulselaser or Gatling drone, tho it has the skin of a PN, not the usual Gatling skin.
For the Raptor, I'm clueless - I think it's a MR type, but I could be dead wrong here.
Just a side note, they could both PvP relevant as they are capable of true flight.

The Kami bug is still included, you can't damage your victim more than 1/3 of his max hitpoints.
The Teambug is still included, if you invite someone while flying a drone with +t name (or someone else in the team invites him), you can hear him, but he can't hear you. The SL Team Bug seems solved, so does the Faction Channel Bug where you could only talk but couldn't hear in return. I can't wait for this patch to go get on retail!

P.S.: Unfortunately no ground based type of scorpion drone as proposed :( Well... I'm still happy... :D

Shadow Dancer
21-01-04, 19:27
Mosquito and raptor, wtf is that?

P4mp3rk3
21-01-04, 19:35
they're 2 new drones, rawr!! =)

My guess als is musquito is some kind of gatlin drone, I mean
musquito<->sting you
hehehe

Keyol45743241
21-01-04, 19:47
Mosq = Freq Cap is 423, Range Cap 17,4k => Sounds like a gat or pulselaser to me

Raptor = Freq Cap is 148, Range Cap is 12,1k => Maybe a DoY Xray gun like the Number5 Units?

Both fly like the PN

craio
21-01-04, 20:36
So take the word of an experienced droner (who actually was on the test server and tried it out instead of juggling math with false facts), the change is good!

Which of the facts i stated are false?
The damage it does was checked at test server,i did test that clipsize before the last patch and it was 180 shots , when i tried the adjusted PN it was still 180 shits.

Like i said, i was stating what the differences are in numbers,not real combat.

About those new drones,the mosquite will probably be like you said,but i serouisly doubt the raptor will be an MR type,If you compare it with other drones you'll notice that the rof is about that of a burst shooting drone,and the range way higher than the other AoE/support drones.If there was a doy technology drone i dont think it would be on thee testserver.

Mirco
21-01-04, 20:56
Originally posted by Keyol45743241
Mosq = Freq Cap is 423, Range Cap 17,4k => Sounds like a gat or pulselaser to me

Raptor = Freq Cap is 148, Range Cap is 12,1k => Maybe a DoY Xray gun like the Number5 Units?

Both fly like the PN

O-M-G what is this. I must have not read the test server notes well enough. Any word on the requirements on these things?

craio
21-01-04, 21:02
Both TL 120 so 120 dex

They got a much shorter range then PN so not sure how that will turn out.

@Keyol45743241:
Hm,might have jumped to conclusions to fast,maybe because i just considered the damage the PN does per burst little and they decreased it even more.

You're right ,it is an improvement PvP wise.Eventhough the total damage you can do is less.

SeXy Happy
21-01-04, 21:48
I don't see these two drones even on the test notes. How did you guys find them? Were they in the shop?

Wonder when we will find out what they are.

craio
21-01-04, 21:54
Well,i heard from someone that someone mentioned their existence in 'german community talk' .
If ya go on the testserver the npc which holds the rares also has them for about 1.5k nc.
I wonder how long it will take for people to start complainig because more drones might 'polute' the rarepool

SeXy Happy
21-01-04, 22:19
Pollute Shmalute, if they have a problem with it then let us get our rares from the stores, like most seem to want. But let them of the same quality of which we would be able to build them from teh parts. :lol:

P4mp3rk3
23-01-04, 11:31
Originally posted by craio
Well,i heard from someone that someone mentioned their existence in 'german community talk' .

I'm that first someone, lol :angel:

anyway: test patch notes 224

- Slightly increased Particle Nemesis damage.

dammit why won't the test server let me on :(

craio
23-01-04, 11:34
Originally posted by P4mp3rk3
I'm that first someone, lol :angel:

anyway: test patch notes 224

- Slightly increased Particle Nemesis damage.

dammit why won't the test server let me on :(

:p
The change is about 10 damage/shot to a wb.Which is about 1/4 more,i dont consider that 'slightly' :)

Dont Mess
23-01-04, 17:02
I don't see these two drones even on the test notes. How did you guys find them? Were they in the shop?

Wonder when we will find out what they are.

u could get em in patch 223 now they taken em out they wernt in notes tho. i have some spare mosquitos but my raptors vanished. the mosquito OWNS i think it may just be better then PN coz it hurts ppus and has a crazy shot freq but i think it needs 2 look different as the drone skin is the same as the PN not like normal gat drones.

Alan
23-01-04, 17:51
Both are currently gattling drones although I guess that the Raptor will be a MR- type drone when it's actually launched for testing.

On a side note when are kk gonna nerf parasock's, nuclear effect on drone's???! A PPU shouldn't be able to frag a drone in 2 bats of an eyelid!!!!!

Edit: - if they do reduce the damage a PN does per shot, they must increase the ammo proportionally

Darth Slayer
23-01-04, 20:16
Well was hoping the Raptor would be a DOY wpn style Drone but I can wait and see.....:)

Keyol45743241
23-01-04, 22:11
I know what the Raptor is supposed to do... and it sucks at it right now.... :(

Actually I personally think the whole Idea behind sucks, but then.. people may disagree....

Cyphor
23-01-04, 22:12
I know what the Raptor is supposed to do... and it sucks at it right now.... :(

Actually I personally think the whole Idea behind sucks, but then.. people may disagree....

I disagree i think the idea is great, might actually make droners usefull in a battle. And its not that it sucks right now afail its that its not working, so il reserve judgement till its been implimented :)

Keyol45743241
23-01-04, 22:20
It's ... sissy... :(

Cyphor
23-01-04, 22:31
It's ... sissy... :(

Cant really argue why i think its a good thing to give to droners without giving too much away :p but what it does show is that kk are listening.

SeXy Happy
23-01-04, 23:09
Yes will actually make droners wanted and valuable in an OP battle. Thanks KK!