joran420
07-01-04, 02:41
no one....I love enemies on my local it means i can fight

MayhemMike
07-01-04, 02:47
MayhemMike owns all tbh

Dribble Joy
07-01-04, 02:49
TIRMinator or any of that guys chars. Such a bong hole.

-=Bl@de=-
07-01-04, 02:49
unknowndevice...

Xian
07-01-04, 02:50
I love it when I see an enemy I know will fight when I see them in my local list. There's no playing in Neocron without risk so I go looking for them. :p

___T-X____
07-01-04, 02:52
yes but there certain ppl...i have another...

Uranus / ANgel Xenia / yea im a tank & I never want to see her anytime lol

which are just fucking bad ass to your setup

ezza
07-01-04, 02:54
not really got anyone whos a nightmare, maybe if i see a enemy APu and PPu combo in my local, i might get a bit wary.

but i like fighting win or lose(preferably win) and as long as its a PE or tank or spy i have fun fighting.

gone are the days where i would start cracking up if i saw certain names on my local cough*starkes, style, helmet73*cough

hmm maybe a while back when i was a merc and the uber hybrids were about, and i would see Soulcutter or Harveybirdman on local

Xian
07-01-04, 02:55
O_o

The only time I ever get wary is when I see st cuthbert and Sgt.Striker in my local list at the same time, it means I'm going to die in a few seconds because I'm a lowly tank. Fighting a PE with holy/level 3 buffs plus shelters with holy heal on him is impossible. :p

REMUS
not a nightmare but definately anoyying because as soon as i see megaman on local i know in less than 5 seconds ill see psycho killa.

cant wait till he rejoins so i can repeatedly kill him.

jernau
Myself, usually just after zoning.

Immediately followed by a visit to my desktop.

ezza
07-01-04, 02:57
Originally posted by jernau
Myself, usually just after zoning.

Immediately followed by a visit to my desktop.

lol, not seen myself in game for a while, apart from when i 180 the camera to look at my sexy tank:p

slaughteruall
07-01-04, 03:00
Basically the same as Ezza. Back in the day of the hybrids. Soulcutter and Harvey.

Slaughter

Clownst0pper
07-01-04, 03:01
Only one person.

Igor/Saturn/Apu - Rapes me every time, no contest.

Hes a good APU, he dont just point and click.

Apart from that, no one when im using my ROLH setup.

Thankfully going back to it after the disappointing results the liberator gave me :(

MayhemMike
07-01-04, 03:02
ROLH Pe = nibbish gimp, nuff said.

Spectra260
07-01-04, 03:10
even though he isnt as strong as he used to be, id have to say probably CryptoChronic on pluto

cdmlotyo too i guess...although i dont pheer him as much;)

joran420
07-01-04, 03:12
hehe ph34r DarK

ben77890
07-01-04, 03:13
you mean megaman is still around? O_o

Jest
07-01-04, 03:15
The only people that ever give me nightmares when they appear on local are known enemy PPUs cause I know Im gonna get shocked. And dats da truth. :p

Spectra260
07-01-04, 03:20
Originally posted by Jest
The only people that ever give me nightmares when they appear on local are known enemy PPUs cause I know Im gonna get shocked. And dats da truth. :p

i was actually going to say that first, but then i didnt wanna start some flame shit about PPU's:rolleyes:

Divide
07-01-04, 03:24
used to be Zaar/saturn
but he quit long long ago... since then no one really instills the fear of gring into me

iainy13
07-01-04, 03:27
monsoon/saturn i think thats his name. best hybrid ive ever fought.

Divide
07-01-04, 03:31
Originally posted by iainy13
monsoon/saturn i think thats his name. best hybrid ive ever fought.
heh, too bad you never saw my old hybrid harvey in action, he put monsoon to shame before the big hybrid nerf

lullysing
07-01-04, 03:40
shotgun ... especially when he would go on his OZ gankfests and he would TPC my black ass as i'm trying to fight 2 cyclops at once.

superfresh
07-01-04, 03:44
A clanmate named Dark Angel. Whenever I was repairing in the clan apt and his name appeared, it probably meant he was going to test his newest gun on me. :eek:

ServeX
07-01-04, 03:48
no one.

Divide
07-01-04, 03:50
Originally posted by ServeX
no one.

then why the hell did you bother posting?

joran420
07-01-04, 03:52
Serve is afraid of everyone :P (thats why he plays SWG now :P)

[jk man dont get mad]

jernau
07-01-04, 03:52
Originally posted by ben77890
you mean megaman is still around? O_o

I think he meant back in the day.

Before anyone mentions it - the MeGaMaN on Saturn isn't really him, it's one of the ND guys mucking about (I can't remember which one).

/edit - @superfresh - yeah, we got one of them too.:rolleyes:

BlackPrince
07-01-04, 04:08
Viruz, because he has 'uber barrel aim' and manages to wipe out our teams on a regular basis.:rolleyes:

naimex
07-01-04, 04:13
most feared on local :/

must be a " "

damn stealthers.. takes ages to track.

(i think Rabbi can box for this) think i chased you through 3 zones without getting you killed :(

but was a damn fun war :D cheers m8 :)

L0KI
07-01-04, 04:16
Originally posted by naimex
most feared on local :/

must be a " "

damn stealthers.. takes ages to track.

(i think Rabbi can box for this) think i chased you through 3 zones without getting you killed :(

but was a damn fun war :D cheers m8 :)

Thats cos im always the fuckin moron that tries to take on a full enemy clan by myself, then ends up getting chased across every zone, with damage boost on me, and 99% of the time, holy para to :(

naimex
07-01-04, 04:19
Originally posted by L0KI
Thats cos im always the fuckin moron that tries to take on a full enemy clan by myself, then ends up getting chased across every zone :(

ye.. looked damn cool.. black stealthing PE with some weird gun, running into a 8+ team trying to kill all.. u did that like 4 times, then i ran after you.. and 3 zones away i couldnt track you anymore :( you should really stop heal sanctum, it gives you away too easy =P

still a good war :) i think you won :/ u got all 3 ops back then i think..

L0KI
07-01-04, 04:33
when i was a noob playing my original low tech PE, LOKI, i feared these names on local:

kEiThZ

F4!k3r

XaNToR

I guess thats it really. I was proto after all. uTs were TG at the time, and cos i was ronins/ex-ronins, uTs hated my guts :(

As for now, i wont fight uTs alone if they got DJ (PPU) there. He is too damn good at sticking heals on his clannies for my liking. I try to block, get in the way of his heals, shoot him to make him heal himself, but still, he is a bitch and a half. :D

Other than that, well, hmmmmm, i wouldnt be much of a PE if i feared someone on my local list.

MayhemMike
07-01-04, 04:48
On pluto, my most feared was,

MayhemMike
MayhemM!ke
MayhemMike.

Those guys fucking kicked ass.

.Cyl0n
07-01-04, 04:50
Originally posted by ServeX
no one.

KramerTheWeird
07-01-04, 04:50
NoX, because I knew he would come annoy me with stupid questions and manage to make a racist comment at some point.

Serve at one point, because he used to talk to me. Now he doesn't so I don't care. What, you think I'd be intimidated by his combat skill?

Lisa Davitt, hell hath no fury than a woman's scorn 8| "oh you say that girl is cute but not me, I mean nothing to you and am worthless, aren't I?!" :(

naimex
07-01-04, 04:52
http://www.waaazup.com/users/boooo/notpostcount.gif

who am i then ?

L0KI
07-01-04, 05:02
@ cyl0n - love the sig :D

Rieper
07-01-04, 05:07
on Uranus the only person who im 99% sure i cant beat would be Fang, so seeing as we're kos.. i'd probably see if hes on form.. and then run :p

Pluto: Fucking everyone, im a rifle PE who isnt good with PEs, i play my tank too much

dunno about sat.. but i know Megaman is mayhemmike...only he could be that nibbish.. that and i was in ND ;p

\\Fényx//
07-01-04, 05:20
hmm...

When I was back in TG I remember whenever I saw polarity's name in local along with ANYONE else from NDA I used to just leg it for the hills and hope they didnt see me :lol:

When I went over to TT/CA etc, theres not alotta people around now, Always got on with mega etc, suppose Smokey used to cause me hassle everytime i bumped into him. Back when I was a nub I used to hate stavr0s :p bastard seemed to know wherever i was

Marx
07-01-04, 05:28
My nightmare is when my own name pops up on local... and Marx walks up to me, and he's all like: "Marx, your end is nigh." and I'm all like. "Dude, you're me"

Then he says "Yeah, and I'm going to take over your life and there's nothing you can do about it".

So I freak out and try to kill him but some copbot rounds the corner as I draw my weapon and he runs off to an alleyway (because it just so happens that this entire event takes place in front of the ONE alleyway in the city) and they don't beleive me that I'm trying to kill me, or maybe they did beleive me that I was trying to kill me but misinterpreted what I was trying to say. So I get locked up while the other Marx is like "OMG U tool" and I'm like "dude, not fair"

Then the cops let me out and say "PRANK'D!" and britney spears and the dude from that 70's show pop out and hug me and stuff.

Then I wake up and wonder why the hell I had a dream about nc.

Rieper
07-01-04, 05:37
*sigh* Marx, they went to a lot of trouble to code that, and you think it was a dream!? do you know how much time odin spent on Ashtun Kutcher's personality?

well.. about 3 minutes... but the model had to be 3d!

Marx
07-01-04, 05:40
Britney Spears had pixelated ha-ha's.

But they were cool.

Thank you GM's for the prank'd episode!

hinch
07-01-04, 05:44
nobody makes me shit it

but when i see kurai i realise im in for another 2 hours of chasing the fucker down.

Ryuben
07-01-04, 05:45
when i first started it would be.....pol......CC....Cylon..... elky baby.... smokey

when ever i ran into them always ended up with some fun

now ....no one really.

Shadow Dancer
07-01-04, 05:53
Originally posted by KramerTheWeird
NoX, because I knew he would come annoy me with stupid questions and manage to make a racist comment at some point.

Serve at one point, because he used to talk to me. Now he doesn't so I don't care. What, you think I'd be intimidated by his combat skill?

HAHA

:lol:

I have no idea why people are naming people from 5 years ago. lol.

Anyways there's no one on pluto that makes my heart jump. Maybe before when I had less SKEELZ. :p

nonamebrandeggs
07-01-04, 06:00
Any APU.

ZoneVortex
07-01-04, 06:01
BlastaMasta / pluto / beta4/ bout a year ago

MeGaMaN / Pluto / also about a year ago

either of those two guys on my local would scare the crap outa me for i'd know i was dead and that i was about to lose another item to one of them (before belt drops)

BombShell
07-01-04, 06:11
me its element[]. hes better then me.

even when i was a nub in retail hes been chasing me throu pp. the nightmare never ends. i see him every day the nightmare never ends.

his face is always around me were i hunt or lvl and hang around. hes always their.

when will the nightmare end. oo god plz help me.

element[]
07-01-04, 06:19
well, i dont know in retail... but in beta it was JANNERIK damn i got scared when he flew thru jeriko gr with his storm laser:(

ServeX
07-01-04, 06:49
Originally posted by Divide
then why the hell did you bother posting?

because I want to.

and to kramer, I never said I'm good at pvp, but that dosen't mean I need to be intimidated by some virtual mike tyson in a video game. Its a video game, not real life. Enough said. And also, considering the fact that I've never actually capped const which is pretty critical to my tanks resist setup, that has a bunch to do with my quote on quote 'lack of skill.'

Thanks Krames.

BlastaMasta / pluto / beta4/ bout a year ago

no, its BlastaMage. not masta lol

oh and kramer, I like how you accuse me of having a lack of combat skill, yet I can't remember dieing even once to you. You just always seem to run through the zone border whenever we have fights or stealth, so thanks for demonstrating exactly how intelligent your thought process is.

Mr_Snow
07-01-04, 07:01
I wouldnt say anyone would be my nightmare but when the likes of xantor or any decent apu/ppu combo appear on local it kind of like... ahhhhh shit.

Generally the worst sinking feeling I get in the game is when uTs, the syncs r2k and rdz all appear on local at the same time at an op war, thats just an oh man not again feeling.

KramerTheWeird
07-01-04, 07:29
I don't respect you enough to duel you, you are never without a ppu and use the same zone hopping tactics you accuse me of. However, if you ever wish to take me up just bring it on, dm/direct whatever.

I was commenting on the fact you make an idiot out of yourself, now that you don't talk to me I don't care anymore.

\\Fényx//
07-01-04, 07:34
I don't respect you enough to duel you, you are never without a ppu and use the same zone hopping tactics you accuse me of. However, if you ever wish to take me up just bring it on, dm/direct whatever.

I was commenting on the fact you make an idiot out of yourself, now that you don't talk to me I don't care anymore.

Will you 2 leave it out yea ?

Who cares who thinks who's better at the end of the day, threads like this are just ego boosts and end up in everyone arguing and vetterox sitting there thinkin he's the best ...

petek480
07-01-04, 07:38

Lisa Davitt, hell hath no fury than a woman's scorn "oh you say that girl is cute but not me, I mean nothing to you and am worthless, aren't I?!"
Like you do?

KramerTheWeird
07-01-04, 07:49
How is that idiotic? There are different reasons for not wanting someone on local, and I'm sorry if I have some sort of roleplay in this game, it's alien to you I know, but live with it as people try and enjoy the game outside of sexing pink tanks and pretending they never die to one apu.

Nah Serve has been on my ass for some time now and I'm sick of it. Any reply I get from him is in bitterness. So I'm sorry if I lash back.

petek480
07-01-04, 08:02
How is that idiotic? There are different reasons for not wanting someone on local, and I'm sorry if I have some sort of roleplay in this game, it's alien to you I know, but live with it as people try and enjoy the game outside of sexing pink tanks and pretending they never die to one apu.
Yes you are right, we all should be sexing guys and pretending that they are actually females.

KramerTheWeird
07-01-04, 08:04
Or, sexing actual females.

Rieper
07-01-04, 08:04
Yeah, petes right. This game is only about PvP, and if you enjoy anything but shooting each other with the same weaponry in the same places day in, day out.. then screw you, quit the game.
How dare you find an outlet in which you can enjoy yourself that doesnt include PvP? MJS NEVER INTENDED FOR PEOPLE TO RP IN THIS GAME! YOU BLASPHEMER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111111

petek480
07-01-04, 08:09
Originally posted by Rieper
Yeah, petes right. This game is only about PvP, and if you enjoy anything but shooting each other with the same weaponry in the same places day in, day out.. then screw you, quit the game.
How dare you find an outlet in which you can enjoy yourself that doesnt include PvP? MJS NEVER INTENDED FOR PEOPLE TO RP IN THIS GAME! YOU BLASPHEMER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111111
I don't have a problem with roleplaying, but I think pretending your'e a female and getting married to other guys or marring a guy thats pretending to be a female and sexing each other is a litte to much. But whatever, you're right and I was wrong. Whatever floats your boat.

ZoneVortex
07-01-04, 08:22
Originally posted by petek480
I don't have a problem with roleplaying, but I think pretending your'e a female and getting married to other guys or marring a guy thats pretending to be a female and sexing each other is a litte to much. But whatever, you're right and I was wrong. Whatever floats your boat.

Hey man it's a mindset. It's a trance. It's a drug. It's whatever you want. It's just a whole new thing you can get really into if you go deep. I'm not saying it's like experimenting with homosexuality at a party when you're drunk or something, it's not the same to the people who do it.

You can make yourself, absorb yourself, be your character. Then you see a female avatar, it's a female. Yes. A good RPer not only doesn't think "Hey I wonder if "Ditzy Blonde PE" over there is really a chick in real life!", he/she simply doesn't CARE what the answer to that question is. Nor does it matter.

See, I try to understand why people don't understand RP themselves, but then I can't understand anything and so if anyone understands everything please help me understand it. If you understood this good thanks and bye.

Morris
07-01-04, 08:29
I don't really have a single "nightmare", except for maybe a really good hybrids or APUs like Monsoon or DangerKlaus. APU/PPU teams though... there are certain monks that, when you see them on local, you KNOW their butt-buddy is no more than 5 seconds away.

On my PE (not capped and gimped imp setup for leveling) and my researcher: everyone. They have no resists, no armor, no offensive capability to speak of, and no stealth :p

When I was a noob and still leveling my first char, seeing True Apocalypse or Life Claimer in local always gave me an "awww SHIT" feeling."

MindMaze
07-01-04, 08:37
Ok, here's a list of people I've feared and respected from my first 3 or 4 months in nc (I stopped fearing people after that time because safe slot got implemented, among other things :P):
Shotgun and PCP - those two kept killing me at oz 4 hurler spot. Everytime I went to level there and saw their names on local, I'd run.
.cyl0n(hybrid) - Press tab, drag cs into inv, and die happily (knowing I won't lose my cs :P)
Elkdor and old woopin - freeze and circle with lib, need I say more?
Rev3nge (or something like that) - really good tank, always gave a good fight.
Well, those people are the ones I remember right now; I'll post again if I remember others :)

BombShell
07-01-04, 09:28
Originally posted by element[]
well, i dont know in retail... but in beta it was JANNERIK damn i got scared when he flew thru jeriko gr with his storm laser:(

see wut i mean hes everywhere ;(

gostly
07-01-04, 10:12
fear got taken out of this game a long time ago :rolleyes:

Jeros82
07-01-04, 10:27
My Brother Generic if he's in a Bitchy mood again :(

Telepath
07-01-04, 10:48
REVENGE - Pretty much everywhere...
and maybe
PARTICLE NEMESIS - Not on Pluto, I'm PPU there :lol:

phunqe
07-01-04, 11:00
Well, when my spy was an active rifle spy, leveling somewhere I stealthed/ran rather quickly when I saw "Titus" in local. This was on Pluto.
However, some times I just gave up and bended over. "For Crahn UGH", he exlaimed and then I died :p
He was quite cool about it however and it didn't bother me much. I kind of missed him when he left :(

SorkZmok
07-01-04, 11:10
Every enemy apu. They tend to rape me. o_O

Rade
07-01-04, 11:11
Any PPU. I just pack my bags and leave.

Thats cos im always the fuckin moron that tries to take on a full enemy clan by myself, then ends up getting chased across every zone, with damage boost on me, and 99% of the time, holy para to :(

Hehe, why do I recognize that scenario ;) Outnumbered and
outgunned is the only way to fight :D

@mike: Get over it mike, youre not good, youre not funny, youre
just annoying and you no one respects you. If you want to stop
dodging me and want a fight you know where to find me.

El Barto
07-01-04, 12:19
Mine is this peson called biatch on pluto, he always poisons me :(

Candaman
07-01-04, 12:33
Cryptochronic in the old old days (when he was gd j/k cc) when i was in TLS and "trying" to lvl in the chaos caves and in would storm CC wham bam ty mam entire cave team dead.

Wow this is almost tempting me to post my hey i'm rezzing CC again photo album but he wouldn't like that not after my hyb beat his at fite nite

darknessfairy
07-01-04, 12:58
Hmmm i remember before on Uranus when my tank was TT and it was my very first char... i think i got pk'd by Ostrich...Again...and again... and again...

So i used to avoid him.. Then i started talkin to him out of game and found out he's a pretty nice guy, and he hasnt attempted to kill me since :p

RuButt
07-01-04, 13:31
what about papes on saturn? :'(

he had over 100 "0/2" dogtags!

and trust me, finding 0/2's aint easy! =)

GT_Rince
07-01-04, 13:36
When I'm a noob, anybody :D

Hmm - back from Beta / early retail, had to be Sid / Ying. He always (and I mean always) used to PK me. Same with JoyStick.

Now... Hmm, no-one really. If I'm gonna die at the hands of PKer, so be it. If I know I am gonna fight, I will have half a chance - as long as it's not a PPU :D Found that out last night at MB Bunker. Bastard shocked me as I was right next to a WB :D

Mumblyfish
07-01-04, 13:43
Nightmare? Any enemy PPU. May as well bolt straight for the genrep...

s0apy
07-01-04, 13:58
back in the days of starkes et al, it was actually a blessing rather than a nightmare to see them in local - it meant you had time to stow your weapon in inventory ;). those guys must've had so many medkits and TL3 heals.

i remember when i first started tho there was a guy called "mic" who used to haunt the level one sewer in plaza3. he was a medium level PE with a plasma rifle and liked to clear out the whole sewer from time to time. he had enourmously high SL since he always killed new players with lower SL than him (in those days you gained SL by killing those with lower SL than you). ususally i'd not make it to the exit.

i genuinely feared DaFreak as he never pulled any punches and was one of the better hybrids. i met him quite often, but never once survived to tell the tale.

Original monk
07-01-04, 14:01
no-one ...

i love em all as much :)

when its not to have a good chitchat then its fo a nice fight :)

@ mayhemmike: i wish youre brains where as big as youre ego ...

monsoon: LOL

soulcutter: LOL

onlytime those guys ever got me was when i fataled when i got outside neofrag: i relog back to notice that my tank has been frozen, damageboosted and had about 24 poisonstacks: obviously those guys dont like loosin in neofrag :)

edit: like in my siggy: 10% skill and 90% hollywood

owyeah and when you see spanked by dank and jorz.tank in youre local list, and ya know there enemyfaction then ya better be carefull cause these guys aint bad at all :) au contraire, they can do freaky damage :) luckely its been long ago that them 2 where hostile :P

J. Folsom
07-01-04, 14:07
Any LE users.

Why? Because my RPOS scheme set's their names to nearly JOB* style green, which is annoying.

I should probably change that someday, but I'm lazy.

*It's not half as bad if it's just one word :P

Yinyin
07-01-04, 14:10
SIMON FROM AMERICAN IDOL/SATURN

SCAAAAAAAARY

El_MUERkO
07-01-04, 14:10
On pluto no one, I'd actually love to meet some of the PKers from back in the day like Stavros and Memo loves you but they all skipped town when the going got tough :)

On Saturn I hate it when Simon Cowell appears, when I'm on my tank cause my tank = dead, especially cause my monk is busy at MC5 so I cant go seeking revenge

Jeros82
07-01-04, 14:27
I think I fear COPBOT the most. Looks like this guy has a lot of accounts because he is almost everwhere inside NC :D

Tupac
07-01-04, 14:46
omg no one phears meh :P (j/k)
mine would have to be megaman psycho killa
Elkdor Madness (when he was PE) Polarity Cyl0n

Jesterthegreat
07-01-04, 14:47
ok then... Tupac + moofassa (only when together)

happy tupac? besides... its true :p

Tupac
07-01-04, 14:50
yay!! :D who are u btw jester

Jesterthegreat
07-01-04, 14:50
Chicken Legs! the pistol spy on uranus... you 2 shredded a whole team that went after you :D

Candaman
07-01-04, 14:51
u were scared of moofausa muahahahha i scared tupac with my /30 spy pwnd him with a tar but he won't admit it anymore and don't listed to his futile denials everyone knows its true

Jesterthegreat
07-01-04, 14:55
lol...

tupac + moofassa... PPU + APU team.

team SSC... pistol spy, APU, PPU, Tank, and possibly 1 more

team ssc decimated lol... i think it we were playing really badly that day, and tupac and moofassa were playing amazingly :p

however i (pistol spy) was the 2nd last ssc member alive (2nd to the PPU) :D

Rith
07-01-04, 15:07
When i see Rith in local I usually shit it... crash imminent, item lost guarenteed...

Elric
07-01-04, 15:08
me, no one.

Its only a death, no big deal.

If Im capable of fighting back, I will, if not, I wont. Doesnt matter to me anymore, i just note the names down for later use ;)

Tupac
07-01-04, 15:13
yes i remember now! at crp that was a great fight :D

Furion
07-01-04, 15:37
Originally posted by BlackPrince
Viruz, because he has 'uber barrel aim' and manages to wipe out our teams on a regular basis.:rolleyes:

lmao!

i would have to say Lysander on pluto, cuz hes a uber monk!

Jesterthegreat
07-01-04, 15:40
Originally posted by Tupac
yes i remember now! at crp that was a great fight :D

a great fight for you 2 :p

besides... i was a total stealth whore that fight O_o that made it so boring lol - i hate stealthing, but for some reason i did it repeatedly lol

Stigmata
07-01-04, 15:41
Back in the day when i was rank /40 i used to be very caustious when around DaFreak.

cant really think of many more.

cant seem to kill that pe fawkes but he dont scare me.

Best hybrid ever was HarveyBirdman by a long way, thank fully always been allied to divide.

Harveybirdman at malstrond against 14 mercs with backup from 2 tanks.

the tanks got no kills.

ezza
07-01-04, 16:01
Originally posted by stigmata

Harveybirdman at malstrond against 14 mercs with backup from 2 tanks.

the tanks got no kills.

proberbly the mercs got no kills full stop.

damn those hybrids:)

Candaman
07-01-04, 16:04
i remember Tupac attacked me once playing a monk he selected pest by accident bad consequences

U don't get on very well with Holy Pest do u tupac ;)

garyu69
07-01-04, 16:08
i don't get scared by no one. I might run but thats because i know i'll die.

Got stacked by Clitoris up at the BattleDrome last night with Poison.

Not good when i have no poison resists or antidotes.
I had about 6 or 7 stacks and it looked bad, but i got to the GR, got to my Apt and got to the Gogo where i had one antidote.

I quickly used it and survived with just 0 health left =)

Original monk
07-01-04, 16:13
harvey the birdie is the same kind of people as monsoon and pipehitter ... 10% skill 90% hollywood ...

MjukisDjur
07-01-04, 16:17
starkes :P

ezza
07-01-04, 16:38
Originally posted by Original monk
harvey the birdie is the same kind of people as monsoon

same person you see;)

have to disagree though there both good PvP monks

Stigmata
07-01-04, 16:41
dont know where you get these idea's from original but you are way off, maybe they could not take your ppu down but i never saw any of the ND hybrids loose in a duel unless it was against each other.

Oath
07-01-04, 16:48
I used to hate seeing slutsumi in local when i first got back...

Not so much now unless i see 'skuld skuId(sp) and slutsumi' then its fun......

nugz420
07-01-04, 16:48
owyeah and when you see spanked by dank and jorz.tank in youre local list, and ya know there enemyfaction then ya better be carefull cause these guys aint bad at all au contraire, they can do freaky damage luckely its been long ago that them 2 where hostile :P originally posted by original monk

Heh thats saturn :D

I agree with bomb,has to be element[]. (even though its saturn)

on pluto id have to say Dr. Phil early retail(also on TV although they differnet people still hate to see him on the tube)

Original monk
07-01-04, 16:51
yeah good in pvp when there with a team of 14 people raping everyone who happen to be leveling in the chaoscaves (yeah fun fun, getting antibuffed and holylightningspammed when youre healing/helping/rezzing 8 leveling semi-noobies ...)

the name smokeyj also pops in my mind ...

lemme guess ... cartel (youre clan) is former new dawn right ? and they where new dawn not ? so its yust a bunch of friends telling of eachother they own lol ... ok then .... there good .......................

no more response of me i know enough and i aint in the mood to discuss there ego's, i know enough: i fighted against and with them and traded/sold parts/weapons with them one by one ..

or do you think i dont have secret chars lol ?

enjoy discussing the names you get feared of when ya see em in local :)

edit: and indeed about dafreak: ya dont want troubles with em :P

he's a cool guy tough, and same with tommy (if he still plays, -eoe-)

Captain Kirk
07-01-04, 16:58
DIS + Mayhemmike when on a killing spree, everybody died :O

Shadow Dancer
07-01-04, 17:01
Originally posted by Rade

haha rofl

Honestly I get a "twinge" of fear when fighting any other apu. That's only because I know they can kill me in like 2 seconds if I don't kill em first.

ezza
07-01-04, 17:03
lol i know you know your stuff em all that original, just think were off the mark calling them 10%skill 90%hollywood.

but anyway lets forget about it:)

i cant really say people like element[] or bombshell or WSW ever gave me a nightmare, i enjoyed fighting those guys, though since i spent most of my early retail as crahn and they were TG i didnt fight them till i started a CA tank

Cliffraiser
07-01-04, 17:05
Back in the days...

Starkes
Style
Helmut78

and even before that i even feared them knox muppets

nowadays nobody

Captain Kirk
07-01-04, 17:06
Personally atm i just fear PPU's, melee tank + freeze = dead melee tank :( .... nerf teh freez0rz :D

Candaman
07-01-04, 17:06

Actually he is pretty good and if u ever speak to him on comms he is pretty fucking funny aswell but obviously u haven't so ur just assuming all this so get some facts or stfu and a pe who stealths telling someone to stop dodging is the pot calling the kettle black imho

ezza
07-01-04, 17:08
cant say what mikes apu is like on pluto, but he plays his tank well.

Eve Bahn = teh win

ive seen people kill self rather than face him;)

Captain Kirk
07-01-04, 17:09
Id hav to say mikes prolly ones of the better APU's on pluto, when hes on form that is and not scammz0ring :D

wolfwood
07-01-04, 17:11
well, whenever I am sniping people

ANYBODY THATS NOT IN MY CLAN !!!!!!

when im hunting

ANYBODY THATS NOT IN MY CLAN !!!!!!

when im in pepper park

ANYBODY THATS GOING TO KILL ME!!!!!!

Original monk
07-01-04, 17:18
i tought eve was mayhemmike ... not sure tough, people say so many stuff that i wont believe it anymore until i see it with my own eyes :)

starkes, helmut and style ... now that was a fun time, with real duels ... starkes was funny, he got ganked quiet fast with a xray CS :) (but we got friends rather fast cause he was a good customer of full artifact uranium silenced laserd libs)

and style: IF YA READ THIS: do ya remember yourself fighting my libbytank early retail ? both used freezercannons, you using TPC ... took about 5 minutes but seemed like eternity :) daamn when i think about it i still start shaking and all lol

ezza
07-01-04, 17:32
i tought eve was mayhemmike ... not sure tough, people say so many stuff that i wont believe it anymore until i see it with my own eyes :)

starkes, helmut and style ... now that was a fun time, with real duels ... starkes was funny, he got ganked quiet fast with a xray CS :) (but we got friends rather fast cause he was a good customer of full artifact uranium silenced laserd libs)

and style: IF YA READ THIS: do ya remember yourself fighting my libbytank early retail ? both used freezercannons, you using TPC ... took about 5 minutes but seemed like eternity :) daamn when i think about it i still start shaking and all lol

yup one and the same

i remember first time i fought starkes, hit him for 75 per shot of my energy beam, guess he got his resists down a bit better for the next occasion.

remember i tence fight at the bunker, i was on ym hybrid just buffing noobs when i saw his name on local, so buffed up and got ready.

in he came froze me and started pupping round after round if libby fire into me, i just pulled my damage boost, didnt bother with para couldnt be botherd then just zapped his ass, he died i survived with about 10-20 health then i started hurling abuse at the locals for not helping:lol: , then about 15mins later he comes back with the zebras on crack clan, this time instead of using the door he jumped though the window, got me while unbuffed and made short work of me, but at least he killed all the useless no help people about the area:lol:

Babes
07-01-04, 18:04
Starkes.

Always Killed Babes when i was a Noob I died many times. in OZ and CRP.

That was until i Froze and Killed him, twice in one day. The Hunter became the hunted and visa versa.

Never realy had many dealings with Styles and Helmut but i have to include them guys too.

El_MUERkO
07-01-04, 18:15
mikes good at getting the best out of a char stats and setup wise but I've seen people do more with less...

tbh most of the best/most feared people used speed to attack and kill then ran away before others could respond giving them a sense of invunerability. If however someone got the jump on them they wouldnt turn and kick ass they'd get the f**k out of dodge and live to fight another day.

When tank-o-cron was in full swing many of the biggest PKers had PPUs attached to their rears as they swathed thru MB and I'd look on in mild amusement (from a safe distance) at these oh so l33t players.

Duder
07-01-04, 18:15
Insidious Wolf, or one of the wolves and Shotgun, or one of The Regulators clan members....man i really miss those days. make Uranus a 5 Char server and send the pluto people there.

07-01-04, 18:19
These days nobody but about a year ago (when I started playing) I used to shit my pants if I saw any H.A.T.E. members.

dr.fish
07-01-04, 18:24
Promethius used to scare the shit outta me

Rade
07-01-04, 18:41
Originally posted by Candaman
Actually he is pretty good and if u ever speak to him on comms he is pretty fucking funny aswell but obviously u haven't so ur just assuming all this so get some facts or stfu and a pe who stealths telling someone to stop dodging is the pot calling the kettle black imho

Always cute with fanbois sticking up for friends without
discrimination. Mike always refuses to fight me and talks all big
until I challenge him to a fight, duel or otherwise, at which point
he crawls up into some hole and stops replying. He always makes
shitty spammy remarks on ingame channels and on the forums
and its never funny, its just bragging which there is no basis for
whatsoever. And what does my stealth has to do with anything?
You are a PPU that heal, boo on you. Everyone knows that Im
always up for a duel if they want to prove anything, theres no
stealthing involved there.

Devils Grace
07-01-04, 20:44
back in the days when i started on pluto with my lauzy lauzy PE
it was Megaman, tha prick
"megaman at TH " " SHIIII" gen rep "" iittt"

on saturn, i used to hate kimmig, rasp, w33man, miss dream.
i used to hate them and at the same time run like hell from aggys
today we are friends..... hehe go figure
soulcutter was bitch to, damn hybrid
now i dont fear anyone

btw no one mentioned my name, that means i need to gank even more:lol:

Gungnir
07-01-04, 20:48
--

Killabunny

--
Gungnir

Candaman
07-01-04, 20:55
Originally posted by Gungnir
--

Killabunny

He ph34rs meh

g0rt
07-01-04, 21:13
im gonna second blade and say...

UnknownDevice

Revslad
07-01-04, 21:14
got one mention of simon:p not too bad:)

back in the old skool days it was most members of H.A.T.E

also when tuxy and torn used to hunt meh ...wasnt fun lmfao

:lol:

Divide
07-01-04, 21:19
harvey the birdie is the same kind of people as monsoon and pipehitter ... 10% skill 90% hollywood ...

I have no idea what 10% skill and 90% hollywood means, but Ill take it as a compliment- especially because if memory serves me correctly, you have NEVER killed any of my characters, harvey/monsoon alike.

Id have to say the same thing goes for SoulCutter-- he and I had a little falling out a while back, but he is quite good, with hybrid or without

Style
07-01-04, 22:03
some of xh back in early retail to around march, dafreak, thorsten riskcapo etc, and soem the old blood brothers element[], WSW, skittletts ...

Carinth
07-01-04, 22:13
Back when Hybrids were unstopable, Magesty on Pluto was definitly the scariest name to appear on local. As soon as I see that, it's time to get out of pepper park. There were other hybrids just as good or better, but they didn't regularly hunt outside my apartment like Magesty ; )

Going farther back to when Tanks dominated the game, there were a small group of Tanks that I simply could not beat (I was a hybrid). One was Kobra from The Gang, he would chase me all around MB, a victory for me was managing to get to the GR : ) Another was PCP from the crackheads, he was pretty nasty with his liberator (yea a lib tank). His worst tactic was kneeling in the pp1 doorway to p3. Tanks have enough mass that they can block the exit, or at least they could back then. Running through pp1, I'm almost freee, then pcp is in there blockin the exit. There were others, but those two were prominant in my mind.

PsiCorps
07-01-04, 22:36
if i see my own name in local, means im gonna crash >_<

Nightbrother
07-01-04, 22:50
Revslad, I was very very scared of you once, think it was back in January. A clanmember of mine shot at you, knowing we had an non-aggression pact with your clan. Your clan was much bigger than ours. Shortly after I heard on clanchat that he had fired on you, I entered a new zone. After running and being in the middle of the zone roughly, I saw you speak on zonechat. I immediately shat my pants, and you sounded bloody angry (don't blaim ya), so I ran as fast as my ath-agl-end would carry me. I think I said something on zonechat to try to calm the waters, but left zone before you could respond. :lol:

So I hope you sleep well tonight, knowing that you once made me shit my pants.

On another topic, the first one who ever pk'ed me was Starkes in OZ4, just after the Butchee Bridge. I was talking to a monk. We were both newbs. Along came mr. Psycho and I was like 'what happened there??'.

Drake6k
07-01-04, 23:02
Long time ago it was demon_surge, torque, and megaman.

Latest persons I hated to see where alex and pete... but now I'm BD so I uh... dont care who I see :)

MayhemMike
08-01-04, 00:06
Eve Bahn & fred1

Sorin
08-01-04, 00:45
Oops, forgot a few people from back when I first started last January/February. Simon From American Idol and Anti-PK. Lame noobs. I was just a low/mid level PE at the time, knew shit about shit and had absolutely no rhyme or reason to my setup or style. So one of them appearing was a guaranteed death unless I could run fast enough. I remember one time myself and two friends were hunting at our brand new shiny leveling spot we just found, a little mutant camp outside Jerico Fortress. Simon From American Idol comes along while the three of us were out of each others local ranges, and picked my two friends off one by one. I get the team chat from the two of them after they died, so I run like hell. Simon got a few shots off but I managed to escape. It was dark however, and I didn't know the zone for shit, so I ended up lost and where did I turn up? Right back at the mutant camp with Simon. :lol:

Anyways. Either of those two lamers showing up on local made me run like hell. But all my characters have LE now (those that don't, never leave the safe zones) so no one really scares me, since they can't hurt me (save from exploiting anyways).

Military Ten
08-01-04, 01:17
Uranus / Slutsumi / Now

FFS HIS DEVOURER HURRTS X_X
and

Uranus / ICe` / Whenever he is with someone

A ppu who never travels alone. he either has a capped spy/tank OR HIS WHOLE FRICKING CLAN. they all gank me and im allied with them. fed up eh?

S a W
08-01-04, 01:25
Has to be shadow dancer when i played pluto, he wasnt that great he was just a pain in the ass! ;)

Keiron
08-01-04, 01:34
If I'm at war with Rabbi Fang, seeing him is always bad for my health. However, since we are less likely to shoot each other atm, I suppose the skulds (since one never fights without the other, it always means I'm going to be blueglue'd and poisoned).

Style
08-01-04, 02:20
who are most these people u lot are menchining? and how could u fear anyone apearing on ya local when you loose jack shi when u die?

Trillian
08-01-04, 05:26
* Cylon, because he says he loves me then kills me whenever I turn my back :(

*clothing_optional1 because I know as soon I see him im gonna hear "hey baby, u know i lub you" and multiple other come on lines

*Back when I was a new noob in TeCH I used to shit my pants whenever I saw Aahz in local, I swear he used to hunt me. lol

jernau
08-01-04, 06:05
Originally posted by Style
who are most these people u lot are menchining?

Mostly they are people who could kill without 100% reliance on exploits because they had some skill and who didn't quit when those exploits got fixed. ;)

Originally posted by Style
how could u fear anyone apearing on ya local when you loose jack shi when u die?

Maybe because some people it's not all about ganking for loot for some (the majority of) people? Maybe because Neocron is an RPG and people are supposed to feel rather more affinity to adn pride in their characters here than in quake? Maybe becuase losing isn't fun?

gostly
08-01-04, 07:04
Maybe because some people it's not all about ganking for loot for some (the majority of) people? Maybe because Neocron is an RPG and people are supposed to feel rather more affinity to adn pride in their characters here than in quake? Maybe becuase losing isn't fun?

dude, i wanna flame you so bad it isnt even funny, but i know it'll just get edited if i do...

what style said is completely true...how can you FEAR anyone if you have no chance of dropping anything worth value...it's more then just killing people and getting their loot...cuz when you do...they usually come back to kill you to try and get something of yours...which made this game fun...

but now it's just a loop of boredom...

"hey i killed him, but oh i cant hack" now the belt sits there...you run off and the guy comes back and claims his shit...it's fucking bullshit, safeslot and quickbelts need to go...quit being pussies about dropping your shit...:rolleyes:

edit: oh yea...also wanna say...THIS IS A FUCKING GAME...why the fuck is everyone so worried about losing items in this game...they arent even hard to attain...FFS i hate you carebears...ruined this game completely...i could give a shit less about losing any of my items...cuz for one...money is easy to get...so with money, comes parts...and comes another rare weapon...and if you say 'not everyone has lots of money'...then figure out how to do it by asking people...my brother played a week and gained almost a mill from leveling in caves and firemobs...:rolleyes:

BombShell
08-01-04, 08:13
Originally posted by ezza
lol i know you know your stuff em all that original, just think were off the mark calling them 10%skill 90%hollywood.

but anyway lets forget about it:)

i cant really say people like element[] or bombshell or WSW ever gave me a nightmare, i enjoyed fighting those guys, though since i spent most of my early retail as crahn and they were TG i didnt fight them till i started a CA tank

am still trying to figure out who u r in cartel :)

but yah i remember bak when peeps used to run from me like hell.

i used to go to mb and see 10 peeps run fromf irst site. was funny shit. and thay were smurf tanks.

those were the days. :)

but atleast some mb peeps still run :)

iainy13
08-01-04, 08:30
@ original monk

when i fought monsoon in pepper he got my hp down faster then any pure apu ive ever fought before and he is a hybrid so he dousent take much damage. Also its more like 10% skill 90% fps. Having 8 fps in a op fight with longest fog is kinda a crippler.

Oryx
08-01-04, 08:47
hmm way back at about beggening of retail when I was still in the Khans, it had to be Joystick, torque too...but Mega for sure.

jj dynomite
08-01-04, 08:47
Pluto/Mercuri(or any other GM)/any time.

cause when i see them i generally did something bad

:(

Carinth
08-01-04, 09:00
gostly its not even worth trying, you won't understand. For you, this is a fps, more complex then most and involving some extra steps before you can partake in the fps, but thats all it is for you.

I put more into the game, treating my character as a real person. Thus the idea of a known killer appearing on local would alarm me. That doesn't mean im afraid of fighting, I've lost so many belts in pepper park, I'm now a shame to ppu's everywhere. Despite that I still don't like dying, just as most people would prefer to stay alive then be a corpse. It makes the game more interesting to actualy care about death, as you said. For me I already care about my character staying alive. Yes I have broken out in a sweat because someone appears on local that is a serious threat to me. I'm sorry that you don't involve yourself in the game enough to get more out of it.

REMUS
08-01-04, 09:21
carinth, gostly, take into consideration that people play the game in different ways and in different styles neither of you are right and neither of you are wrong, i would of thought this would be obvious!

gostly
08-01-04, 11:25
i just dont understand...no one ever complained about dropping items before

then the devs decided to bring in a safeslot...and quickbelts...and now everyone is more in fear of having those 2 things taken away from them

sorry...and people dont care about dieing as it is...only thing they get worried about now is after they die they might have to try to find a 115 poke...

:rolleyes:

Military Ten
08-01-04, 11:38
being CA most of the time on Saturn and seeing anyone from New Dawns name pop up gives me a seizure..

[edit] When New Dawn was actually alive and they were ninja hacking OPs constantly and you being at Jeriko and you see hoards of them run up..

jernau
08-01-04, 13:13
Gostly - it's a shame you don't enjoy the game as it is now but it seems from this thread that plenty of others do feel more for their characters than you do.

As for QBs and Slot 1 - KK put them in because the majority of people wanted them. I think you'll find the majority still want them so you'll have to live with it or change game.

FYI - I have more than enough money and items. It's got nothing to do with them, it's about the characters.

Obscene
08-01-04, 13:22
I would have to say "redwolf" on uranus....from wantan (blackdragon) he was a hybrid monk who could kill tons of pplz back when hybrids were ub3r!! That was a long time ago though

ezza
08-01-04, 13:30
Originally posted by BombShell
am still trying to figure out who u r in cartel :)

but yah i remember bak when peeps used to run from me like hell.

i used to go to mb and see 10 peeps run fromf irst site. was funny shit. and thay were smurf tanks.

those were the days. :)

but atleast some mb peeps still run :)

my chars in cartel are my tank Diabolus Decor and my PE Ezza.

used to play a monk called Ezza, though ive had a few tank i played down the year or so.

id like to see the days again where people run from the good tanks rather than a tank and his ppu

actually not sure i know who you are in cartel beyond your tank, but im still playing guess whos who in the clan anyway:lol:

Rade
08-01-04, 13:52
No Carinth. Why does he suddenly play this as a FPS game
because he wants looting back? I love the RP aspect of this game
and dive into it as soon as I get a chance, always have. I also
love the fighting, the tactics, doing things in groups as well as
solo. Now, just because I happen to want the looting back Im
playing this as a FPS? I desperately want parts of the old looting
back, because it gives me adrenaline when I get into a
fight. Suddenly you cant just laugh at your enemies and let them
kill you, which is what really destroys both PvP and RP, you have
a reason to not want to die. Second, it would make this stale and
heavily inflated economy spin again, currently nothing ever
breaks and no one ever loses anything important. I havent
needed to hunt mobs since februari on my PE, with the exception
of one week when MC5 came in, thats just spiffy.

Its not mainly about gaining something from killing someone, its
also about losing something when you die and have a economy
where everyone is constantly hoarding more parts and items and
killing mobs etc. All these things are destroyed by the new looting.

jernau
08-01-04, 13:59
Actually the "new" system was brought in to improve loot.

Under the old system people would move anything valuable out their QB as soon as they thought they might die. This not only hurt looting it also meant most people didn't even bother to fight back. Also remember that under the old system items often decayed before either party could pick them up.

I've got some amazing loot from belts personally so I don't know why people say they never get anything.

ezza
08-01-04, 14:00

I've got some amazing loot from belts personally so I don't know why people say they never get anything.

perhaps they play a tank:(

jernau
08-01-04, 14:01
Originally posted by ezza
perhaps they play a tank:(

Well surely the PPU could share ;).

Rade
08-01-04, 14:08
Actually the "new" system was brought in to improve loot.

Under the old system people would move anything valuable out their QB as soon as they thought they might die. This not only hurt looting it also meant most people didn't even bother to fight back. Also remember that under the old system items often decayed before either party could pick them up.

As I said, there are parts of the new system that I would like to
keep, for example:

If new hacking features are brought into the game then there
doesnt have to be a hacking requirement to open the belts. It
could be like normal monster loot, only the killer and the killed
persons team can open it for a while, then everyone. The item is
chosen from the 10 (this number could be tweaked higher if
looting becomes a problem, to reduce risk of something important
dropping) highest level items the person carries. No safe slot.
That would be ideal to me, then you would see people using non-
rares (which arent half as bad as people say, skill still matters
more than the fact that you are using a blacksun, TPC or energy
beam), people using "secondary" rares such as judge compared
to rolh etc. Reducing cookie-cutter effects, improving trade, giving
high level players more to do and adding more excitement to PvP.

alig
08-01-04, 14:11
No one, they come onto my local at there own risk :p

Normally run off when the usual comes onto my local - the entire synchs clan cuz they got no skillzzzz

dmon99
08-01-04, 15:00
used to be KeIthz on uranus but then it was hivemind also of uranus

now atm i am only one i worry about is xantor, he always gets me at the worst times usually when im down to half health but i still think i can make him cry once if hed just gave me the chance to duel

ezza
08-01-04, 15:15
Well surely the PPU could share ;). bahh get away with you evil ideas, took me weeks to get the taint of PPu from my tank last time i had one:p

Devils Grace
08-01-04, 15:16
HAHAHA alig

didnt know u were Ricki yesterday at the aggys;)

welcome to saturn man

i heard u were cool guy, lucky u:lol:

Carinth
08-01-04, 19:19
No Carinth. Why does he suddenly play this as a FPS game
because he wants looting back? I love the RP aspect of this game
and dive into it as soon as I get a chance, always have. I also
love the fighting, the tactics, doing things in groups as well as
solo. Now, just because I happen to want the looting back Im
playing this as a FPS? I desperately want parts of the old looting
back, because it gives me adrenaline when I get into a
fight. Suddenly you cant just laugh at your enemies and let them
kill you, which is what really destroys both PvP and RP, you have
a reason to not want to die. Second, it would make this stale and
heavily inflated economy spin again, currently nothing ever
breaks and no one ever loses anything important. I havent
needed to hunt mobs since februari on my PE, with the exception
of one week when MC5 came in, thats just spiffy.

Its not mainly about gaining something from killing someone, its
also about losing something when you die and have a economy
where everyone is constantly hoarding more parts and items and
killing mobs etc. All these things are destroyed by the new looting.

Maybe I didn't make it clear, but that wasn't at all what I was talking about. Gostly sees the game right now as boring because death is meaningless for him. I see the game as fun because death has meaning to me. I'm playing russian roulette everytime I go into pepper park. I could drop any number of 4 or 5 slotted spells in my belt, or hard to get multislotted booster 3 spells. Additionaly I have 3 rare sanctums which have multiple slots. Then there's my power armor, which is the hardest armor to get back. Guess what's in my slot 1? A psi booster. Protecting one item is a joke for me. Oh good thing that one item is safe, I can still lose any number of others that are just as valuable. Unless I'm lucky, I can rarely get a belt back. If the group that killed me doesn't have a spy/monk/pe to hack, then there is prolly a random hacker around somewhere to go for it. The absolute worst thing about death for me though, is having to reorganize my damn inventory. My 20 some spells each hafta go back in teh right spot. Sometimes dying is depressing enough that I get my stuff from gr and then log off.

For me, death has more then enough of a penalty. If it got any worse, I would be ready to quit the game. So by all means, make death significant *for you*. Don't make general changes that will effect me too. The entire game is friggin stacked against a ppu, we don't need more. For a comparison to risk as much as I do in a fight, your pe would only be good if you used slotted spells, of these you would have about 6 in your belt which are mostly 4 or 5 slotted. These are holy, not your cheap blessed : ) Then for god knows what reason you will carry around 10 of your best weapons in inventory. Lastly you'll walk around with about 4 rares. I'm not really exagerating at all, if you consider my basic set of ppu spells to be my weapons, then I have roughly 7 high slotted weapons in my quick belt. I have about 20 secondary weapons in my inventory, many of which are also slotted. Then I have 4 rare weapons also slotted. Could I leave some of that behind? Sure if I was psychic and knew exactly what my team will need.

When a ppu drops a belt, everyone rushes to hack it. Our belts are like the grand prize for hackers. When other's drop belts, eh it's prolly a psi booster or a pair of pants or a crahn heal. It's annoying that I have more to risk then anyone else in the game, but the offset is usualy it's harder to kill me then anyone else. Yet now we're on the road to making ppu's weak. Already ppu's are much more killable then before. Pretty soon my ppu ass is gonna be planted in a safezone and not be going anywhere. The gains in combat are vastly inferior to the risks for me.

Vampire222
08-01-04, 19:55
Originally posted by Trillian
* Cylon, because he says he loves me then kills me whenever I turn my back :(

*clothing_optional1 because I know as soon I see him im gonna hear "hey baby, u know i lub you" and multiple other come on lines

*Back when I was a new noob in TeCH I used to shit my pants whenever I saw Aahz in local, I swear he used to hunt me. lol

Better run when you see me too... im used to my flamezor

L0KI
08-01-04, 19:58
This thread is entitled:

WHO IS YOUR NIGHTMARE TO APPEAR ON YOUR LOCAL?

Instead, people seem to be using it to say, " No-one, people fear me when they see MY name on local".

Why must we let our egos do the talking?

Rade
08-01-04, 20:03
Carinth now Im not sure that you are listening anymore. What I
want is to make the game like that for everyone, and the
changes that I listed doesnt make the situation worse for PPUs, it
makes everyone else have it closer to as painful as PPUs have
when it comes to dropping loot.

Jest
08-01-04, 20:03
This thread is entitled:

WHO IS YOUR NIGHTMARE TO APPEAR ON YOUR LOCAL?

Instead, people seem to be using it to say, " No-one, people fear me when they see MY name on local".

Why must we let our egos do the talking? Hehe yah seriously. I dont think any one fears me but its funny to see people run away from me since Im BD even if they are in an allied faction. Onoz a pkar!o_O

Candaman
08-01-04, 20:50
Originally posted by Carinth
Maybe I didn't make it clear, but that wasn't at all what I was talking about. Gostly sees the game right now as boring because death is meaningless for him. I see the game as fun because death has meaning to me. I'm playing russian roulette everytime I go into pepper park. I could drop any number of 4 or 5 slotted spells in my belt, or hard to get multislotted booster 3 spells. Additionaly I have 3 rare sanctums which have multiple slots. Then there's my power armor, which is the hardest armor to get back. Guess what's in my slot 1? A psi booster. Protecting one item is a joke for me. Oh good thing that one item is safe, I can still lose any number of others that are just as valuable. Unless I'm lucky, I can rarely get a belt back. If the group that killed me doesn't have a spy/monk/pe to hack, then there is prolly a random hacker around somewhere to go for it. The absolute worst thing about death for me though, is having to reorganize my damn inventory. My 20 some spells each hafta go back in teh right spot. Sometimes dying is depressing enough that I get my stuff from gr and then log off.

For me, death has more then enough of a penalty. If it got any worse, I would be ready to quit the game. So by all means, make death significant *for you*. Don't make general changes that will effect me too. The entire game is friggin stacked against a ppu, we don't need more. For a comparison to risk as much as I do in a fight, your pe would only be good if you used slotted spells, of these you would have about 6 in your belt which are mostly 4 or 5 slotted. These are holy, not your cheap blessed : ) Then for god knows what reason you will carry around 10 of your best weapons in inventory. Lastly you'll walk around with about 4 rares. I'm not really exagerating at all, if you consider my basic set of ppu spells to be my weapons, then I have roughly 7 high slotted weapons in my quick belt. I have about 20 secondary weapons in my inventory, many of which are also slotted. Then I have 4 rare weapons also slotted. Could I leave some of that behind? Sure if I was psychic and knew exactly what my team will need.

When a ppu drops a belt, everyone rushes to hack it. Our belts are like the grand prize for hackers. When other's drop belts, eh it's prolly a psi booster or a pair of pants or a crahn heal. It's annoying that I have more to risk then anyone else in the game, but the offset is usualy it's harder to kill me then anyone else. Yet now we're on the road to making ppu's weak. Already ppu's are much more killable then before. Pretty soon my ppu ass is gonna be planted in a safezone and not be going anywhere. The gains in combat are vastly inferior to the risks for me.

Seconded and Thirded by all ppu's on any server

___T-X____
09-01-04, 01:04
i Never liked seeing DJ /Uranus / 5 months ago on local, cos I knew uTs were close .... :(

but im uTs now, so DJ isnt a Nightmare, he's da Dream PPU :)

@Carinth - i understand the point your trying to get across...well some of it :)

Lafiel
09-01-04, 01:40
Cryptochronic in the old old days (when he was gd j/k cc) when i was in TLS and "trying" to lvl in the chaos caves and in would storm CC wham bam ty mam entire cave team dead.

Wow this is almost tempting me to post my hey i'm rezzing CC again photo album but he wouldn't like that not after my hyb beat his at fite nite

THAT WAS NOT CRYPTOCHRONIC PLAYING ON CC WHEN U BEAT HIM IT WAS THE SKILLLESSS TUPAC WHO MAKES CRYPTOCHRONIC LOOK BAD

k.
thx.
bye.

;)

SigmaDraconis
09-01-04, 02:06
Seconded and Thirded by all ppu's on any server

and by people who dont even play the game anymore ;)

Tratos
09-01-04, 02:08
I fear everyone who appears in my local.

:D oh and i fear the sound of plasma

~T

Rade
09-01-04, 02:17
Originally posted by SigmaDraconis
and by people who dont even play the game anymore ;)

I also agree with what Carinth said, but it doesnt have anything
to do with what I said about looting o_O

Doc Holliday
09-01-04, 19:01
my worst has absolutely most definitly gotta be.................

T-X

cos he always used to come asking for money o_O :eek: :p :lol:

or matt delta for the uranus players cos he would spam the fuck out of dm to me about somethin :angel:

greendonkeyuk
09-01-04, 19:24
Originally posted by ___T-X____
@Carinth - i understand the point your trying to get across...well some of it :)

Youve gotta play the class to understand what he means. im not picking at you in particular m8 but half the people who want ppus nerfed DONT have one and i think carinth summed simply the WORST aspect of being a ppu quite amicably. Well put, well thought and well posted.

Carinth
09-01-04, 20:56
I also agree with what Carinth said, but it doesnt have anything
to do with what I said about looting o_O

The intent was to increase looting gains from a fight. A return to dropping the item rather then a belt with the item. This would mean that at no time do I have a chance at getting the item back when I die. The belt at least gives me or a clanmate a chance to run in and grab it before the hacker finishes. I've managed to run in naked and grab my belt sometimes, and see my 4slot ultimated holy ressurect or 5slot ultimated holy heal sittin in there makes me shudder. So rather then losing an item most of the time, I would then lose an item every time I Die. Increasing the risk for me by alot. This would be balanced by the fact that we have a chance at looting the enemy ppu. Raising the risk and Raisig the gain is fine with me. Unfortuanetly the risk is not uniform. Everytime a Tank/PE/Spy drops a Crahn Heal/Pants/Boots/psi booster3, I sigh. They will be right back in the fight, because they didn't lose anything important. Me, I'm off to find a resser and constructor to tie a leash to for several hours. I need roughly 12 spells for me to be able to fight. The 7 in my belt, 3 combat boosters, and anti cath sanctum. Other spells can be useful in specific situations, but not needed most of the time. Then of course I'm not able to support a team aswell as I should.

I would not support loot droping unless it considered what was in your apartments aswell :p As silly as that seems, it woudl take somethign like that to balance how much I risk. When I kill a Tank I want at least a 50% chance of something valuable. By valuable I mean your 3-5 slot rares, your PA. Not only what you carry with you, but what you have in storage. Killing me will net you a 70-80% chance of getting something valuable. I carry a few spells that seem to drop often, even though I rarely use them. It's a basic flaw in the classes. The spy/tank/pe carries a couple weapons, the best of which is protected. I carry a lot of weapons each of which I need, which one to protect doesn't really matter cause they're all valuable.

I was vehemently against turnin op zones into belt drop zones for this very reason. If they did that, I would have no incentive to go fight at an op. If I am at an op fight, I will run away 95% of the time and gr out. Sorry team, I can't risk dying. You won't lose much anyway.

___T-X____
09-01-04, 21:33
Tweedle Dee & tweedle dum give me a bell if ur doing fuck all this weekend
(u know who u are ...)

Kopaka
29-03-04, 00:34
Originally posted by Military Ten
Uranus / ICe` / Whenever he is with someone

lol ?
who are u? dont fear me.. im nerfed :(

ezza
29-03-04, 00:38
lol a 2 month old thread bump

Kopaka
29-03-04, 00:40
i know.. just read it
made me laugh :D

Doc Holliday
29-03-04, 00:41
should close it.

Kenjuten
29-03-04, 00:43
Or merge with the new thread. =x

Kopaka
29-03-04, 00:45
they should :D after i know who Military Ten is..
then im off making his life a living hell :D
j/k

Nidhogg
29-03-04, 00:54
Don't bump old threads.

N