PDA

View Full Version : Tiger Woods Golf

superfresh
07-01-04, 00:13
Anyone ever play golf on the latest XBox/PS2? My roommate got it and I was blown away, particularly by the level/depth of character customization.

I mean you can customize EVERYTHING, from like 30-40 hairdos to the shape & size of every body part (almost every) and on and on. We played this thing for an hour and never made it to the tee, and I think my gut was sore from laughing so hard.

Anyway, I think NC's customization is quite impressive given the type of game that it is and the platform, so I'm not comparing the two. But as a long-term goal it would be sweet to have this sort of depth. All the characters in NC are so slender, for example. Why not let a player create, say, a character that weighs in at 500 lbs and has dredlocks?

Anyway. You can file this thread under "stupid."

Psyco Groupie
07-01-04, 00:16
its always funny to see how entertaining some sim games are .. like that fishing game with the proper controller .. lmao

t0tt3
07-01-04, 00:18
played it on the PC hahaha tall babe with DD breast... :p
Naa or a big fatty you can almost mod anything sooo cool not like KK mod please chose race ---- > plz pick a head 1 of 10 hmm hope I dont have so many twins O_o

Get real this is how it should work....

Btw 2 hole in ones :p :D

BombShell
07-01-04, 00:19
i hate tiger woods hes a ass to peeps. wut u see him on tv is a lie hes not nice hes a born asshole

gostly
07-01-04, 00:23
i hate tiger woods hes a ass to peeps. wut u see him on tv is a lie hes not nice hes a born asshole

shitloads of people that have money are assholes...it's somethin they have developed becuz the ink from money drives them crazy when it sokes into their skin...:lol:

if anyone watches mad tv...you mightve understood that :lol:

BombShell
07-01-04, 00:26
Originally posted by gostly
shitloads of people that have money are assholes...it's somethin they have developed becuz the ink from money drives them crazy when it sokes into their skin...:lol:

if anyone watches mad tv...you mightve understood that :lol:

guess ur right :(

t0tt3
07-01-04, 00:38
He stole a swedish blonde to grrrrrrr :lol:

Vampire222
07-01-04, 00:44
tiger woods is my best friend!

Sanch0s
07-01-04, 01:04
Sega Bass Fishing.....its the own.

bounty
07-01-04, 01:15
Tiger woods is an awesome game, play it religiously when we are drinking before we go out to the bars at night. Good competitive game.

shodanjr_gr
07-01-04, 02:16
Originally posted by superfresh

Anyway, I think NC's customization is quite impressive given the type of game that it is and the platform

NCs customization impressive??

Whats so impressive about choosing 1 out of 10 character models for each class each with 1 to 10 heads? Oh yeah we get to pick the color of our clothes too.

Check out SWG then come and talk to me about customization :)

superfresh
07-01-04, 03:24
Originally posted by shodanjr_gr
NCs customization impressive??

Whats so impressive about choosing 1 out of 10 character models for each class each with 1 to 10 heads? Oh yeah we get to pick the color of our clothes too.

Check out SWG then come and talk to me about customization :)

I'm no expert, but in TW Golf there's no "real" space that the character can be moved around through, so there's not as much emphasis on rendering. You don't make your character walk around the golf course, for example, and the animations are pre-set. I imagine that in NC, when you have like 20 players moving around at will in a zone, the more textures that are possible the more of a strain it is on the whole rendering thing. Having, say, 400 different skin options would probably burden performance. I'm sure there are game engine gurus out there who can correct me if I'm wrong. This is just a noob explaination.

From what I've been told, if SWG has nice customization options, it's a trade-off for lack of gameplay quality. :)