PDA

View Full Version : In my opinion the ultimate tradeskill setup

Sir ramic hobbs
06-01-04, 18:33
Ok Too many times i see RESEARCHING TL 200 REPAIRING TL 300 thats great and all for everyone except the person whos character slot is taken up. So On my tradeskiller who was to start rifle and research and higtech i lommed him to Pistol but kept the repair, and got myself a tangent epic pistol. When i levelled his dex a bit i lommed his repair and gave him about 67 base wep lore. He is now dex 91 int 91 173 pistol 89 high tech with pistol 1 his imp setup is Hawkings Special forces Cst 3 and special science. his backbone is dex booster 3. i now have a fun char that is useful to everyone with his uber cst skill. Some people opt for a setup like this but they have a combat setup. i ask people who have a combat setup Why bother on my cst'er i was innocently training with some enemies when one of their spies also a cster turned on me with his disruptor well i pulled out my beam of hell and he lost a sexed his corpse then ran away. so if you want a fun char that can sort of PvP but still has a decent tradeskill setup use what i have posted and when you look into the eyes of Spoon Lover. remember he has a loveleh slasher in his slot 1 :) if anyone has variations of my setup plz post and compare

Strych9
06-01-04, 18:49
Here ya go. Assuming you want to retain some sort of combat ability.

Hawking
Synaptic Accelerator
Special Science
Special Forces
Pistol Comat Eye 3

Assuming you switch out tradeskill gloves... you end up with the following stats (just not all at the same time)

Pistol Combat: 143 (enough for decent lib use)
Construction: 140 (plenty to build every item in game as good as possible)
Hacking: 125
Implant: 115
Vehicle: 62 (enough to drive everything in the game)
Repair: 115 (enough for TL 230 repairs)
Recycle: 50

I would say that is a decent tradeskiller. Has 121 Int and 126 Dex (Dex is 131 with the dex based gloves being used).

Edit: all numbers not counting self-casted level 1 buffs or foreign-casted level 3 buffs or ops.

Archeus
06-01-04, 20:17
Recycle only needs to be 45 if you are only planning on cloning. Salvage, a lot more.

Some of that is over kill as well.

VHC and repair are good together but with all the rest VHC isn't really needed. Trust me. If you actually had to go anywhere the customer would make sure you got there.

CST / RES assuming you have very good IMP/REP you can swap out chips to change stats as you need.

FirestarXL
06-01-04, 20:28
Hacking is also overkill at 125, spec for 105 taking you to 110 with spy1 - enough for OP hacking and most belts (some are very hard, but not found one I couldn't do at 110)

Archeus
06-01-04, 20:30
Originally posted by FirestarXL
Hacking is also overkill at 125, spec for 105 taking you to 110 with spy1 - enough for OP hacking and most belts (some are very hard, but not found one I couldn't do at 110)

Depends a lot on if you are a droner or not.

125 hack as a droner = No belt was safe. Ops very easy.
125 hack with no droning skills = Hight SL belts tricky to hack. Ops took a few goes.

FirestarXL
06-01-04, 20:33
Nah, I'm rifle spy. Still each to his own and all that, I still find that I can usually do ops on the first go @ 110 - belts can be harder as you mention but the ironic thing is the harder belts usually have the worst items in, so it kinda balances out. But you can still get a SL100 belt, it just takes a lot of tries unless you get lucky. Might help that I have 100SL myself, not sure about that.

Elric
06-01-04, 20:42
Archeus is totally correct, one of the few that really paid attention to the Formula's for stuff.

RCL (or was it WPW...) also has an affect on increasing Hacking ability.

Rinaldo
06-01-04, 20:53
This is RCL.

Strych9
06-01-04, 21:05
Some of mine was overspec, sure. If you include spells, you can free up a lot more points. The recycle was set to 35 but I forgot to lower it to 20 since I included the glove... 35 is needed for recycling chems, is it not? I was going for chems, not for ammo. The libby only needs TL 11, so if ammo recycling was all you needed, you could have 0 in that if you include the glove.

VHC was handy just to have for yourself.

If we are talking pure tradeskill char WITHOUT combat usefulness... then

Hawkings
Special Science
Hacking 3
Hacking 2
Smart Cyber Eye 4
Adv Nerves 3

With switching gloves and self-casted boosters:

Construction: 121
Research: 150
Implant: 115
Hacking: 120
Tech Combat (for stealth): 105
Vehicle: 62
Repair: 103
Recycle (for chems): 35
Agility: 100
Athletics: 107
Transport: 95

Now that has a bunch of overkill as well, but for a pure tradeskill char... thats pretty handy.

Cruzbroker
06-01-04, 22:50
And people still have those pure cst/res chars :lol:

My spy going slasher, fast run/good resist (~pure combat) and constructor... I won't post the setup even it is in the net..

FirestarXL
07-01-04, 00:03
Originally posted by Elric
Archeus is totally correct, one of the few that really paid attention to the Formula's for stuff.

RCL (or was it WPW...) also has an affect on increasing Hacking ability.

Yeah, we all know that (http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=69477)... well I assumed that in my post. I'm just saying, that 110 is a good base figure even if you do not have that bonus. More is fine, but if you're really watching your points you don't actually need it. Hell, an uber droner could probably just spec 100 hack and do ok.

El_MUERkO
07-01-04, 01:04
You could strip 10 points from hacking and still hack everything.