PDA

View Full Version : DJ's Apres-Cristmas and New Year Un-Fantastical Adventure.

Dribble Joy
06-01-04, 18:29
So as per the last thread I am back in my house in the pit that is Hillingdon in west London.

Today I realise I am out of the essentials for living, milk (required for tea) cheese, and noodles.

Off I trot to the bus stop with change in hand for the short trip to Uxbridge and Tescos.
I board the bus and I am informed that the cost of the ride is now a pound.

A pound.

For those of you who don't know, the London transport system is quite simple in it's pricing schemes.
A route goes from one location to another along a route, as per normal. However, the price remains the same from whereever to whereever you go on that route.
So, on the U4 bus route it would cost you normally 70p to go 100 yards or all the way to Hayes, which is about 4 miles.

Now it is a POUND.

One unit of Sterling. I was prepared to pay 70p to take me to the Uni, (Half way between my house and Uxbridge) but not a POUND.

Anyway. I grumble and hand over another 30p and I sit on the top deck at ther front where I normally do, (double-deckers pwn) and soon I arrive in the town centre (That's another thing, note my spelling there, centRE dammit, I have been doing loads of html stuff recently (utter n00b that I am with it) and the damn yank-lander spellings are driving my insane! COLOR?!!! NO!!!! COLOUR!!!!!!!)
Of to Tescos I bimble.
I am greeted, when I enter with the sight of a very nice looking young lady, I turn to pick up a basket, and I am faced with two most awefully vile looking townie 'women' ever. So vile that I can't think about the image of nice girl a few moments ago for the life of me.
Shaking, I go about the task of getting sustinance.
Milk, Clover (A type of spread, excellent on toast) two loaves of bread, noodles (lots of them) and the a paper.....

I browse the front page.
Stuff about Syria and Israel.
About a reform bill (Damn Tony and his meddling ways)
And a short bit about the Royal Navy.

I quote:

'Royal Navy Now has a smaller fleet than France as four destroyers, including Glasgow (pictured above), are axed. See Page 6'

ARRRGGGG!!!!!!

Damn you!! damn you all
Bloody Forgs, Nothing to do with them but DAMN THEM TOO!!!
Sodding Tony.
ARGGG!!!!

Incenced, I bought the items and went to WHSmiths to read comics.
Which I did.
Then I realised I had forgotten to get cheese.
I needed some cash for the trip home (Danm pound bus rides...), so I went to the bank, and decided to check my balance for the first time in.... months.

£1,494.....

OVER DRAWN

Buggar....

Took out £10, it said minimum of £20, so I did.

Purchaced cheese and some Cornish pasties.
Paid the man on the bus a POUND and got home.

Naruto 64 still hasn't finished downloading.

Oh, dear fellow NC lovers... bring some light into this heart of sorrow.....

djskum
06-01-04, 18:35
Don't worry mate it gets worse the older you get....

I won't even begin to tell you my woes, I might cry... ;-)

DjSKum

Dribble Joy
06-01-04, 18:37
To cap it all, Naruto 64 has just finished DLing, and it was corrupted WOOOHOOO!!!!

steweygrrr
06-01-04, 18:58
sounds fun DJ...try living of pasta and sauce for a whole year at uni. That is also fun...I say fun but what I really mean is IF I EVER SEE ANOTHER PASTA SHELL AGAIN I SHALL GO INSANE!!!

:wtf:

Elric
06-01-04, 19:44
It only gets worse....

*fuckin mortgage, bloody permanently skint... *grumbe grumble...