PDA

View Full Version : Server Down

necrocon
06-01-04, 12:54
First GIVE US THE 5 MINUTE WARNING for like peeps that just logged in and dont talk in trade channel

second the 1 minute warning for the same peeps that logged in 4 minutes later

3rd theres 4 servers why close them all together why not for a 2 hour patch close them in 30 minute intervals? so we can play on other servers gives us time to meet new players on different servers

Tank!
06-01-04, 12:56
yeah they diddnt even warn, lol

just *poof* CONNECTION LOST

deac
06-01-04, 12:57
yeap real pros!

ElfinLord
06-01-04, 12:58
I just got home from work and saw the announcement on the forums.

This really sucks!!!! :mad:

I was going to start the CM epic. :D

Tratos
06-01-04, 12:59
COUGH deleted COUGH i mean yesterday we were told about an hours downtime, anychance you could tell us why that has now doubled?

and there wasnt even an hours warning, it would be nice for you to tell people, its common decency.....o_O

Not bitching just asking :)

~T

element[]
06-01-04, 13:02
i seen 4 announcements on saturn

Carbonite
06-01-04, 13:03
Originally posted by Tratos
Erm, so are you patching or what?

did the Announcement say anything about patching ??? :p

element[]
06-01-04, 13:04
no they said doy is coming:D

Tratos
06-01-04, 13:05
Originally posted by Carbonite

-looks about-

what my post didnt say anthing about patching, cough, lol

Sorry i just like assuming :angel: :D :angel:

~T

/me praises edit button.

Original monk
06-01-04, 13:10

its says maintenance, but yo sure there isnt a teenyweeny small patch comming ? :p

in 99% of the cases i love patches (the 1% was the hybridpatch ..)

necrocon
06-01-04, 13:10
Well from element we have that Saturn got a warning Pluto got 3 warnings from 30 minutes all together SPAMMED even jerks we want a 30 and a 5 and maybe a minute

Carbonite Why cant they do maint in 30 min down times I would rather spend an hour on a german server with peeps that dont speak my only language than sitting here on the forum

Carbonite
06-01-04, 13:12
dunno why dude.. i shall ask ...

necrocon
06-01-04, 13:12
since you answered I shall delete this and erm I have

element[]
06-01-04, 13:13
^ see what no neocron does to a person :\ , but yes i also agree, damn SLOW helpdesk

necrocon
06-01-04, 13:14
dammit you answered thats amazing now im a prick

notneo
06-01-04, 13:14
lets see how much equipment your character has lost when u relog,assuming the character exists anymore?

MjukisDjur
06-01-04, 13:15
you always get a 30 minute warning. Tough luck if you logged on after that :P

Carbonite
and yes he handed over the CPR .. and its also deleted now...

Tratos
Carbonite, since your asking about stuff i dont suppose you could go vist MJS and get him to post...

/set booming_voice 1

THE LIST

/set booming_voice 0

... to keep us occupied?

pwease...pwitty..pwease...

~T

I am P
06-01-04, 13:17
Stop bitching about downtime!

Hell, even servers need some love.
Its gr8 that you take down the servers, we dont want another db-failure.

Go KK and Carbonite, you are doing a super job!

// P

Carbonite
go visit :eek: :eek:

to get there it will take me 6-7 hours atleast.

element[]
hey carbo, check rich kid last time i fought him he had a copbot plasma rifle :P

necrocon
06-01-04, 13:20
ehh mine was a copot not a copbot dammit get it right sheesh Carbonite is the man we all know that or should :-p

Ehh uhmm what if we pay you to go to his house and erm make him post this list?

necrocon
06-01-04, 13:21
we could even send you a little baseball bat to do some intimidation just dont actualy use it dont want our creator actualy damaged in anyway

just want him to know we need our fix juiced up more

Carbonite
06-01-04, 13:23
ya you had a odd Copot rifle hrhr

send me some cash for the train and ill go visit MJS and the rest of the KK Crew... (if they want me there :eek: )

Tratos
06-01-04, 13:24
go visit :eek: :eek:

to get there it will take me 6-7 hours atleast.

Well phone him, txt, e-mail or even just shout REALLY loud :lol: :lol:

Im sure we all want to know whats on it :D

and i think they are actualy maintaining (omg how wrong did i spell that 8| ) is great.

~T

necrocon
06-01-04, 13:38
ehh in US currency how much is a 2 way ticket

but we would need at least some dirt if we pay heck well even throw in 2 meals

*no noto dog food or Taco bell either*

MjukisDjur
06-01-04, 13:40
to finnish this thread :

http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=86653

slaughteruall
06-01-04, 13:42
Well you visiting MJS is much easier then the flight i would have to take from the USA. What is it around 19 hours just to italy. Plus the train or the plane would be faster. and the 19 hours is with the time differance. I know japan is 19 hours ahead of the west coast of the USA.

Slaughter

necrocon
06-01-04, 13:44
[QUOTE]Originally posted by MjukisDjur
[B]to finnish this thread :

Ehh its my thread dammit and its not finished

just move along and stop looking if you dont like it bub

MjukisDjur
06-01-04, 13:53
im just trying to make you see that you are bitching over something that isnt needed bitching about :)

necrocon
06-01-04, 13:56
well dammit I got off work 5 hours ago and have nothing to do till I go to work again they took away my neocron always when we play dammit why always steal our time let me play on another server why you monky with mine

MjukisDjur
06-01-04, 13:58
Hmm, good point. We need separate server maintenance!
2 hours can be a very long time sometimes :)

Tratos
06-01-04, 14:01
hmm... little Cranky i see, well i doubt there gonna do it while your at work or your asleep when its gonna be like what 3am in europe, lets not bitch, lets just hope this fixes the recent fubardness of Saturn, and it might get Uranus going smooth again

Ahahahaha i just sed smooth anus.....:lol:.......:( im sad i know.

~T

I am P
06-01-04, 14:04
Originally posted by MjukisDjur
Hmm, good point. We need separate server maintenance!
2 hours can be a very long time sometimes :)

Yea, it can be very long time, but sometimes you need to take all the servers down at the same time.

Maybe its their provider doing maintanance?
Like changing UPS, changing cooling systems and so on.

Or there is a critical patch to the OS thats compromising the security.

// P

slaughteruall
06-01-04, 14:06
it all depends if they have the funds to pay someone to come in in the middle of the night to do it. When i have to do server maintance i do it at midnight local time. 5am GMT or zulu depends on what format you are used to. It sucks for me to have to come in in the middle of the night. But it disrupts buninesss as usual when i do it to the least ammount. But when you are ealing with every time zone it's hard to find a good time. You do it in the middle of the night german time that is prime time for some USA palyers that is the draw back you have to deal with.

Slaughter

necrocon
06-01-04, 14:15
Why should I have to deal though slaughter I am asking a question mostly to KK and the you just have to deal is a shit answer and you know it I mean im not in preschool here man I actualy pay for this that is a bad answer

I just want those of us who play durring this time period to actualy get what we pay for you know the ability to play even if I only play on jupiter once a week its still something to do in neocron

and dont say I need to unplugg from neocron I have a GF she works a different schedule and sleeps a different one but we do a lot together *ehh our 6 months is comming up besides NOT playing for that day give me ideas of what to get her :-p )

I mean this is when you play dont you want to play? not sit here and tell me im wrong about it and to just deal

My buddy is a PC tech for a Reg buisness IE not a game they have offices throughout the world he does his main on the weekend now the weekend is prob our real active time for the game here but why not stagger the servers if he is salary and CHOSE his job why not spend 3 hours there instead of 2?

And yes they are takin care of us by maintaining the servers and we love them for it

I would love them that much more if I had 24 hour access to something though not 22 hour access

NOW PATCHES ARE DIFFERENT THOUGH they should all be done simult makes total sense for that

Original monk
06-01-04, 14:31
and yes he handed over the CPR .. and its also deleted now...

i wish i had a CPR :(

why dont they yust bring it back ingame like in beta ? i liked killing copbots fo loot :)

2 bad we gotta hand em over if we have em ... its the only rifle i still needed for my collection, i think i better stop looking for it then :/ not that there where any on saturn that i know of, but still, on pluto there where people that had one i heard :)

owyeah and i also wanted to have those proximity mines i saw a screenie of a while ago ... 2 bad they arent ingame also :/

we need more of these ultrare weird weapons :) 2 bad there all illegal to use :/ :/ :/ (chicks digg em i think :P)

anyways enjoy playing, posting and not to forget helping players :)

MjukisDjur
06-01-04, 14:41
yey, they are up again :P

Jesterthegreat
06-01-04, 15:49
Originally posted by Original monk
owyeah and i also wanted to have those proximity mines i saw a screenie of a while ago ... 2 bad they arent ingame also :/

i had a set of 10, set them up in my apt and the clan ran through for a laugh... 50 damage from all 10... what a fuckin waste :D :lol: :D

Original monk
06-01-04, 17:21
but it aint nothing to do with the damage they do, its all about having fun :)

i would use em as roleplayitems lol, its not that ya can kill someone with them anyway, the same as i still have a rocketlauncher with my tank :) ya cant kill anyone with it but there so fun to play with hehe