PDA

View Full Version : Can someone translate this post from MJS?

Psycho_Soldier
06-01-04, 07:40
I tried to use some free translator but it made it just wayyyy to confusing.

It came from this thread here http://neocron2.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&postid=1141613#post1141613

Sounds like its new info about DoY.

===========================================

Also wir meinen, dass es nicht schaden kann, mehr Verantwortung in die Haende der Spieler zu legen.

Support-Chars (Droner, PPUs), die sich durch die no-Safe-zones Situation bedroht fuehlen, sollten sich halt ein paar Bodyguards (z.B. CityMercs?) anheuern, die sie gegen all zu plumpe Ueberfaelle schuetzen. Dafuer kann ein Droner, wenn er z.B. ein sicheres Versteck in einer Zone erreicht hat, auch einen ziemlich hohen Schaden mit seinen Dronen anrichten.

Die ganze Massnahme entspricht voll und ganz der Philosophie des Spieles und haette eigentlich schon von Anfang an so eingefuehrt werden muessen... aber erst mit der Einfuehrung von DoY, welches einen Gegenpol zu Neocron darstellt, macht es Sinn die SafeZones aufzuheben.

Es wird sicherlich in beide Richtungen deutlich mehr passieren. Zum Einen wird es mehr PvP geben und zum anderen wird es auch das Organisationstalent der Runner fordern, sich sicher durch die Staedte zu bewegen.

Es wird in Neocron CopBots geben (aber nicht flaechendeckend), fuer die DoY'ler KOS sind, aber das gleiche wird es in DoY umgekehrt auch geben.

Man wird als DoY'ler trotzdem noch die Chance haben, sich in Neocron einzuschleichen (und ebenfalls umgekehrt), denn wer es noch nicht weiss, dem erzaehle ich hier gerne noch einmal, dass es auch noch andere Eingaenge zur City of Neocron gibt, als das Haupttor.

Der Canyon und TH werden nicht die Hauptsitze der Fraktionen TG und FA bleiben. Die Verwaltungszentralen dieser beiden Fraktionen werden in DoY liegen, waehrend der Canyon und Tech Haven in Zukunft so eine Art "Fraktions Outpost" werden. Ob diese von anderen Fraktionen uebernommen werden koennen ist noch nicht endgueltig geklaert.

Military Base wird nur im inneren Kern eine safe zone, da die Basis ja auch viel groesser ist, als ein normales HQ.

Prinzipiell finde ich, dass die Schliessung der Safe-Zones enorm zur Atmosphaere des Spieles beitragen wird. Combat ist ein Element des Spieles und wem das nicht passt, der sollte dafuer sorgen, dass er die GeneReps in den HQs aktiviert hat, denn dann kann er von SafeZone zu SafeZone reisen, ohne sich irgendwelcher Gefahr auszusetzen (oder er kann nach wie vor den LE drin lassen). Letzteres bietet sich dann z.B. auch fuer Diplomaten an.

Hey, wir bauen nur die Welt... was Ihr draus macht, koennen wir nicht beeinflussen. Aber Kommunikation und Organisation des Personenschutzes wird Pfeffer ins Spiel bringen.

Benjie
06-01-04, 07:40
Here is what it bascily says, minus a few details. (sorry kk if I got it wrong.)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

We want to give more responsibility to the players with the removal of safezones. You will have to be especially carefull walking around Neocron, because ultimately there will be much more PVP. BDoy will be able to access Neocron via one of the many entrances. Copbots will protect you by attacking hostiles but they won't blanket you from damage like they previously did in safezones. Of course the same thing applies Visa Versa.

The Twilight Guardian Canyon, and Teck Haven will no longer be the central headquarters for TG and FA, but instead will probabally serve as an faction outpost. Both factions will be relocated to the inner city of DOY.

I (martin) think that the closing of the safe-zones will contribute enormously to the atmosphere of the game.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
could anybody else expand on what it means?

Psycho_Soldier
06-01-04, 07:43
Babelfish = bad mmkay? :p

Tycho C
06-01-04, 07:46
I understand it. Hes talking about the removal of safe zones. His motives eh ?

I think he's right, bye bye safe zones.

arthego
06-01-04, 07:53
Sounds like safe zones are gonna be taken out and security uped, making LE's more tempting for some, and raiding NC is gonna take more thought, and FA and TG are moving to doy, leaving TH and the Canyon really big OP's.....and MB is the only safe zone o_O I think thats basically what it's saying......

Drake6k
06-01-04, 07:59
It kinda sounds like all HQs are going to get genreps and become safezones.

ZoneVortex
06-01-04, 08:00
oh hella dayyys no where to go afk oh nooo

Marx
06-01-04, 08:01
Originally posted by ZoneVortex
oh hella dayyys no where to go afk oh nooo

faction HQ's and clubs man.

Benjie
06-01-04, 08:06
Originally posted by Marx
Would be awesome of clubs where full of people.

Spectra260
06-01-04, 08:16
this will hopefully put alot of people in the clubs...

but i still think that there should be ONE safezone in plaza where EVERYONE (pro and anti city) can meet and tradeskill...

that might go against the plans of neocron...but i dunno its hard enough to get a tradeskiller as it is

REMUS
06-01-04, 08:30
sounds good to me, just wish they would keep us updated on a release date for doy because im determined not to reactivate untill then.

Nash_Brigham
06-01-04, 08:31
Sounds like it will be fun. :D

Benjie
06-01-04, 08:34
Originally posted by Spectra260
this will hopefully put alot of people in the clubs...

but i still think that there should be ONE safezone in plaza where EVERYONE (pro and anti city) can meet and tradeskill...

that might go against the plans of neocron...but i dunno its hard enough to get a tradeskiller as it is
I think the safest tradeskill place for both city and anti city factions is actually going to be Pepper Park because it is the most neutral. What will likely happen is once you've made the deal you would meet up by the main sewer and just trade, you of course will probabally want to being a host of Body guards with you for protection.

@ Martin Jörg Schwiezer, are the new publishers asking you to improve the graphics more than you had orrigionally planned? The reason I ask is because on your info thread, it sounded as if the new publisher had asked you to update the graphics more. So considering the Main Sewer is probabally going to be put into more use as an entry point with anti city factions, are you going to up the graphics on it? Just a thought.

Psychoninja
06-01-04, 08:39
Originally posted by REMUS
sounds good to me, just wish they would keep us updated on a release date for doy because im determined not to reactivate untill then.

Tell me about it....
Right now I'm looking forward to fomk and I'm actually thinking of trying out Planetside again. I'm downloading the 7day free trial. I'm just running out of stuff to do between now and DoY mainly because I don't know when it's going to be released. Most I can say atm is, I'm happy I got my third acct back and made a hacking pistol PE with it :p
Catch a few afkers ;)

ZoneVortex
06-01-04, 09:09
Originally posted by Marx

sweet lets get WASTED:eek:

JiNxY
06-01-04, 09:14
hmm i see drone and dronen mentioned a few times, but have no idea what its about O.o

can anybody explain those bits plz?

The babblefish:
Feel support-Chars (Droner, PPUs), that through the no-safe-zones situation threatened, should itself simply a couple Bodyguards (z. B. CityMercs?) anheuern that protect it against all too clumsy attacks. For that a Droner can if it reached a certain ambush in a zone, also cause a rather high damage with its Dronen.

support chars like drone/ppu will feel threatened in no-safe zone, so will need to hire CM guys to protect them? (haha as if i will spend even more money on droning)

Nash_Brigham
06-01-04, 09:17
Sounds like they will be introin NPC vendors. Yes, No, Maybe? :wtf:

IceStorm
If all of TH, TG, and Mil Base are converted to safezones, I can see far more people spending time there than they do now. I suspect TH or CM will become the new "plaza" as it were. Sure hope the apartments get a nice upgrade in the HQs because outside NC, apartments (and thus storage of BPs, built items, etc) is awful.

I never planned to remove the LE on my main character, but now I doubt I'll be pulling it out of my secondary as well.

ZoneVortex
Originally posted by JiNxY
hmm i see drone and dronen mentioned a few times, but have no idea what its about O.o

can anybody explain those bits plz?

dronen is the negative of droning which basically means droners, droning, drones and all things dronerific will be inored infinitely

Crackitakk
06-01-04, 09:20
jeesh....that sucks.....im gonna lose so many belts.....everyone gonna lose so many belts! they better make all the city areas like hunting grounds to discourage pvp because of sl....then again everyone will be walking around with bad sl lololol

Benjie
06-01-04, 09:21
I really hope faction buildings do NOT become safezones! I can see it now........

"WTF why did you just attack me?"
"You have a perfectly good faction building to go to. If you don't want to gunfight, then go there."

ONOZ!

Originally posted by Crackitakk
They better make all the city areas like hunting grounds to discourage pvp because of sl....then again everyone will be walking around with bad sl lololol

No, I think there should be a new zone where if anybody attacks you they just loose a shit load of soulight, way more than in a hunting zone.

Benjie
06-01-04, 09:23
oops, sorry wrong buton. :eek: :o

Crackitakk
06-01-04, 09:23
u posted 1 minute after me thats cool lol

Crackitakk
06-01-04, 09:24
sorry bout this double post rofl...

msdong
06-01-04, 10:26
The idea of less Save zones is not bad.

cops shoot anti CA but the number of cobs get lower them now. Droner can do serious harm to PPL if they are hidden (thats what MJS say) and i remember the days of B3 when you can use Drones in Plaza (hehe) was kind of fun.

im a little sorry that the canyon and TH will be abandomed on the start of BDoY because it was a cool place to life.

Tratos
06-01-04, 10:34
MMmmmm....... No safe zone, i doubt there will be any safe zones exept the faction HQs when i say HQ's i mean the HQ's as in TT and BT and i think the canyon and the haven will not be safe zones, but there smaller HQ's in DOY will be, and with the new increase in security and gaurd power, its gonna be pretty sweet, im gonna love stealthing around in plaza uncloaking and blasting the shit outa somone with a RoG, lol and i think they should fuck up the subway slighty and use that as an enterence aswell, as there is already a bit of the subway where no cabs go but it just leads to a brick wall atm ;)

Ohh exciting stuff....

~T

msdong
06-01-04, 10:37
Originally posted by Tratos
MMmmmm....... No safe zone, i doubt there will be any safe zones exept the faction HQs ...
dont forget the Clubs like MJS say. PP is then the Carebear Place to be :D .....

Archeus
06-01-04, 10:47
'No safezones'. That means no area where you can't draw a weapon.

I don't mind places where the security will be upped right up but making safe zones is just going to have everyone sitting in thier safezone by choice singing kyumbyeya.

msdong
06-01-04, 10:56
Originally posted by Archeus
'No safezones'. That means no area where you can't draw a weapon.

imagine how long you survive in Plaza with a weapon in your hand and all the cops around ?

Archeus
06-01-04, 10:58
Originally posted by msdong
imagine how long you surwife in Plaza with a weapon in your hand and all the cops around ?

I think you underestimate the urge to kill in some people.

msdong
06-01-04, 11:10
Originally posted by Archeus
I think you underestimate the urge to kill in some people.

nah, its just based on my own expiriences of how often i was killed in TG wich is no save zone and with guards that suck.

Tratos
06-01-04, 11:14
to me it sounds like the cops will go from there die you have a weapon out ways and go CA gaurd-ish (ocviously more inteligent, lol) so pro city guys can have there weapons drawn incase of an anti city raid.

i think alot less people will be monks with DOY, and more will turn to PEs or Spys for the infiltration or Neocron and vise versa.

i cant wait for

/set booming_voice 1

THE LIST

/set booming_voice 0

8|

~T

Jesterthegreat
06-01-04, 12:32
Originally posted by Benjie
The Twilight Guardian Canyon, and Teck Haven will no longer be the central headquarters for TG and FA, but instead will probabally serve as an faction outpost. Both factions will be relocated to the inner city of DOY.

so much for FA being the neutral scientist guys...

Comie
06-01-04, 12:47
actually i read the first bit as (been a few years since i spoke german fully) that support characters such as Droners and PPU can HIRE bodyguards, (e.g. Citymerc's).

Sundiver
06-01-04, 12:56
Sorry for being an ignorant ass, but..

Question.

As a FA, can I then no longer play without having to purchase the expansion, because of the fact FA HQ will be in the DoY ? What would be the point of being a FA if I can't get to my own HQ.

Sounds good anyway. I will probably have to delete an account to be able to afford this if we are to pay on a monthly basis for this expansion (I'd prefer to pay one time for it, as I already pay every month to play the game after all, but that has been discussed in another thread).

Looks like BDoY will be worth it anyhow. Exciting changes are coming our way :)

Tratos
06-01-04, 13:01
Originally posted by Sundiver
Sorry for being an ignorant ass, but..

Question.

As a FA, can I then no longer play without having to purchase the expansion, because of the fact FA HQ will be in the DoY ? What would be the point of being a FA if I can't get to my own HQ.

Sounds good anyway. I will probably have to delete an account to be able to afford this if we are to pay on a monthly basis for this expansion (I'd prefer to pay one time for it, as I already pay every month to play the game after all, but that has been discussed in another thread).

Looks like BDoY will be worth it anyhow. Exciting changes are coming our way :)

I think you will have to buy NCBDOY to play the game at all but this will be a one off payment.

~T

arthego
06-01-04, 13:04
That's what it sounds like to me.

Original monk
06-01-04, 13:07
i all have my own toughts about these changes ... i still dunno if i have to be happy or if i have to cry ... time will tell :)

Jesterthegreat
06-01-04, 13:08
Originally posted by Tratos
I think you will have to buy NCBDOY to play the game at all but this will be a one off payment.

~T

we hassled MJS to tell us if it was now a required add on (which would be pathetic IMO, DAOC and PS you dont "need" the expansions... DAOC improved the graphics, added classes, added races, added weapons, added stats, added items... and you can still play that without the expansion...) however i dont think we got a reply.

we are left to wait for the announcement (late dec / early jan wasnt it?)

Dade Murphey
06-01-04, 13:47
It's just an xpansion...you pay once and you're done...

we hassled MJS to tell us if it was now a required add on (which would be pathetic IMO, DAOC and PS you dont "need" the expansions... DAOC improved the graphics, added classes, added races, added weapons, added stats, added items... and you can still play that without the expansion...) however i dont think we got a reply.

I can't really see why you wouldn't want it...epspecially after martin said that all current players will be getting it at a discount...after all this time of waiting for it and people wanting more...It'd be kinda dumb not to get it...it'll be adding a whole new area and (hopefully) more things to get/do...In AC you didn't *have* to get the xpansion...but if you didn't you couldn't interact with any of the items...you couldn't go to the new area...and you missed out on a lot of quests and new things in general...and he's pretty much stated it is a required thing because someone asked how long he would leave the normal NC servers up and running and MJS stated that that was something which was being heavily discussed...

*wow...I rambled a lot...but I think I got atleast on point across...just buy the damn xpansion :D *

Dribble Joy
06-01-04, 13:52
No safe zones in NC = good.
TH/MB/CS = safezones = baaaad.

Jesterthegreat
06-01-04, 14:35
Originally posted by Dade Murphey
It's just an xpansion...you pay once and you're done...

I can't really see why you wouldn't want it...epspecially after martin said that all current players will be getting it at a discount...after all this time of waiting for it and people wanting more...It'd be kinda dumb not to get it...it'll be adding a whole new area and (hopefully) more things to get/do...In AC you didn't *have* to get the xpansion...but if you didn't you couldn't interact with any of the items...you couldn't go to the new area...and you missed out on a lot of quests and new things in general...and he's pretty much stated it is a required thing because someone asked how long he would leave the normal NC servers up and running and MJS stated that that was something which was being heavily discussed...

*wow...I rambled a lot...but I think I got atleast on point across...just buy the damn xpansion :D * i dont want it :p i no longer regularly play NC. if DoY brings in some major high end content i may be tempted back... but im not sure why im spending what i am on the game, paying more just to carry on playing as little as i do seems like a waste to me.

this is of course only my situation, i can see why at least 90% of the players will get DoY :D

and he's pretty much stated it is a required thing because someone asked how long he would leave the normal NC servers up and running could you point this out? i must have missed it :D quotage please

craio
06-01-04, 14:35
k,german aint my main language(nor is english) but here goes,someone else please fill in the gaps/correct my mistakes.Not everything is translated cause i had to mny doubts about them.

Also we believe,that it wont hurt,to put more responisbility
in the hands of te players.

Support-chars (droner,ppu), whome feel threatened while
venturing throug the non-safe zones,should hire some bodyguards(ex.CM?)
Who can protect them from harm.THats why a droner, who has found
a safe spot in such a zone cause great damage
(= droners can make plaza1 unsafe)

The whole way of playing and the whole filosofy of the game will change to the way we would have liked it to be upon the original release of neocron...

But first the release of Doy,who will be a counterpart to Neocron(the city)
,which will make it possible to remove the safezones.

It will surely go clearly in 2 directions.One is that there will be more PVP
and also improve the organisation talent of the runners

There will be copbots in neocron(but not coverig everything)
that will have doy on kos,but the same situation will be in doy.

CAnyon and TH wont stay the hq of TH and FA,the new Q will be inside Doy.THeir current hq will change into 'faction outposts'.We havent decided yet wether these outpost will be able to get captured by other factions.

The MB will have a ?safe zone? in te core area because the base it bigger then a normal faction HQ.

Prinzipiell i think that the removal of the safe zones will contribute a lot the the atmossphere of the game.COmbat is an element of the game and when it doesnt fit it will be taking care of.
You should make sure to activate the genreps in the faction hq so that you can travel in safety between certain zones(or you could just leave your sl in).This will make certain things possible for example diplomats.

Hey,we only build the world.. what you do in it is something we cant influence. But communication and organisation of 'Personenshutze' will be brought 'pfiffer' in game.

Im not sure about certain parts,but maybe others can correct/add.

Dade Murphey
06-01-04, 14:41
Originally posted by Jesterthegreat
could you point this out? i must have missed it :D quotage please

ah ffs man...I saw this just recently again, but I couldn't tell ya where...I'll see what I can do though...but you gotta look at it in a realistic, logical manner...why would they take the time to run enough servers to essentially run 2 games...they'd have to atleast add another 5 dollars onto our monthly fees to support such a thing and bring in xtra people to keep things on both games updated and up and running

I'll post again when/if I can find that link

Jesterthegreat
06-01-04, 14:46
ah ffs man...I saw this just recently again, but I couldn't tell ya where...I'll see what I can do though...but you gotta look at it in a realistic, logical manner...why would they take the time to run enough servers to essentially run 2 games...they'd have to atleast add another 5 dollars onto our monthly fees to support such a thing and bring in xtra people to keep things on both games updated and up and running

I'll post again when/if I can find that link

i believe he stated there wouldnt be a char whipe...

now... you seem to be saying there will be new servers... wouldnt that mean new chars? you also seem to say that the old servers wont be staying up... isnt that a char whipe?

in DAoC (again :D) they didnt bring out new servers with the expansion. in PS they didnt bring out new servers with the expansion. i didnt play AO long enough to get the expansion... so i dont know about that tbh.

i think the best way of doing it wouldnt be new servers... not after claims of no char whipe by MJS.

just food for thought

Junkie

Dade Murphey
06-01-04, 14:47
sorry for double post...

Originally posted by nugz420: also have one question how long will the nc servers be up after the new nc-bdoy comes out will they go offline and become servers for bdoy or will bdoy be on seperate servers? *end of nugz420's question*

*start of MJS's responce*
This is something we will still need to decide upon. There are various internal suggestions which need to be discussed.

I don't understand you second question though.

Was originally posted on page 2 of this thread (http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=83797&perpage=15&pagenumber=1)

Jesterthegreat
06-01-04, 14:50
he's pretty much stated it is a required thing because someone asked how long he would leave the normal NC servers up and running

*start of MJS's responce*
This is something we will still need to decide upon. There are various internal suggestions which need to be discussed.

I don't understand you second question though.

sorry i dont see how this "pretty much" says the old servers will go and new ones will come...

looks more like hes dodging the question :p :lol:

Dade Murphey
06-01-04, 14:55
i believe he stated there wouldnt be a char whipe...

now... you seem to be saying there will be new servers... wouldnt that mean new chars? you also seem to say that the old servers wont be staying up... isnt that a char whipe?

sorry i dont see how this "pretty much" says the old servers will go and new ones will come...

looks more like hes dodging the question :p :lol:

Oi vey man...you're a test on the nerves...simply if you don't wanna keep playing don't buy the xpansion...haha

just because they go to having to have the xpansion doesn't not mean a character wipe...it will be a transistion...I never said anything about new servers...again...it will be a transistion...if you read what he says he's pretty much saying that they will be going over to required BDoY but they're not sure how long they'll be giving people to upgrade...I'd be willing to say a couple weeks to a month before it requires BDoY considering that when you buy the xpansion it's been said that it will also include basic NC...believe it or no and want to or no...I'm fairly certain you will be having to convert if you want to keep playing...though it kinda sounds like you don't want to

Jesterthegreat
06-01-04, 15:00
you gotta look at it in a realistic, logical manner...why would they take the time to run enough servers to essentially run 2 games...

new servers...

and im sorry, im not tryin to annoy you, i just see MJS as being undecided / dodging the question. i have personally not heard and defenate word from a member of KK about requiring B:DoY

also... i cannot think of a single game (MMORPG or otherwise) that has insisted you get the expansion or not play. if you know of one then say and i will wtand corrected. im just trying to get a definate answer... and get you to quote one if you have seen one - but all i have seen is speculation.

dont take any of my posts the wrong way, i am just after the info. i dont want to get it. i am 99% sure i wont get it. this is not about me, if other want to get it more power to them. if i played the game as much as i used to im sure i wouldnt even need to think about it, i would get the expansion, so i know where you are coming from.

Necrosadistic
06-01-04, 15:04
To be honset I really HATE the idea of FA and TG main HQs moving to DoY.

Canyons and TH are both great places which add atmosphere to the game, and work well with the back story for these factions. It would be great if the server pop increases to still have them both as HQs as they will also become populated urban centres...

Having faction offices in DoY like they have in NC atm for anti-city/neutral factions would be great though... But moving FA and TG headquarters there would not.

TGs are supposed to be rebels/terrorists, so it makes sence for them to have their own separate base... They are not supposed to be DoY stooges. Neither are FA - they are supposed to sit in TH and work for the improvement of the world through science, while being quite neutral to the general politics of NC.

Dade Murphey
06-01-04, 15:07
I know what you're saying...most games don't *force* you to upgrade...but you pretty much get dicked if you don't...thru missing out on a lot of good things making each xpansion more and more interesting etc...the quote from MJS is rather ambiguous but I have a feeling that since it's pretty much near impossible to find NC these days and they're marketing it (NC/xpansion) as one thing that they will just make it BDoY servers...and you're not annoying me...it was just a joke :p with all the changes that BDoY is supposed to bring...short of a complete overhaul it kinda sounds...I think you should consider getting it...hell...if it only cost 10-20$ you really aren't out that much...and hey...you might have a lot of fun...hehe

J. Folsom
06-01-04, 15:07
Necrosadistic, as far as I'm aware, there's been no official announcements saying that all "anti-city" factions will move to inside of the DOY. It's more likely that the DOY starter appartments will actually be for the DOY faction(s).

Feel free to prove me wrong though, preferably with a link.

Jesterthegreat
06-01-04, 15:10
Originally posted by Necrosadistic
To be honset I really HATE the idea of FA and TG main HQs moving to DoY.

Canyons and TH are both great places which add atmosphere to the game, and work well with the back story for these factions. It would be great if the server pop increases to still have them both as HQs as they will also become populated urban centres...

Having faction offices in DoY like they have in NC atm for anti-city/neutral factions would be great though... But moving FA and TG headquarters there would not.

TGs are supposed to be rebels/terrorists, so it makes sence for them to have their own separate base... They are not supposed to be DoY stooges. Neither are FA - they are supposed to sit in TH and work for the improvement of the world through science, while being quite neutral to the general politics of NC.

agreed. what about apt's etc... will kk be whiping them to change it to a "faction outpost"? what about clans? will they need to get a new clan key to get a new clan apt? there are lots of little problems with this... personally i say leave it. FA are supposed to be neutral... bettering science. TG are terrorists (or freedom fighters of course) and although they will ave a shakey alliance with DoY, the war could put DY in control of NC, and TG want the people in control of NC, not some big power.

what about crahn? i heard somewhere that they would move to DoY. well that makes senc. they live in a city where they are enemies and (acording to neocronicle) are hunted down and persecuted... however the same thing with clan apts will be an issue. normal apts will be ok, as it is just a zone in the city and can keep apts.

Jesterthegreat
06-01-04, 15:20
Originally posted by J. Folsom
Necrosadistic, as far as I'm aware, there's been no official announcements saying that all "anti-city" factions will move to inside of the DOY. It's more likely that the DOY starter appartments will actually be for the DOY faction(s).

Feel free to prove me wrong though, preferably with a link.

check the attempt at translating... in this very thread. it was a post by MJS in the Ger forums... thats what the whole thread was about...

attampted translation
CAnyon and TH wont stay the hq of TH and FA,the new Q will be inside Doy.THeir current hq will change into 'faction outposts'.We havent decided yet wether these outpost will be able to get captured by other factions.

I know what you're saying...most games don't *force* you to upgrade...but you pretty much get dicked if you don't...thru missing out on a lot of good things making each xpansion more and more interesting etc...the quote from MJS is rather ambiguous but I have a feeling that since it's pretty much near impossible to find NC these days and they're marketing it (NC/xpansion) as one thing that they will just make it BDoY servers...and you're not annoying me...it was just a joke with all the changes that BDoY is supposed to bring...short of a complete overhaul it kinda sounds...I think you should consider getting it...hell...if it only cost 10-20$ you really aren't out that much...and hey...you might have a lot of fun...hehe

i curently pay for:
DAoC
NC
AO
UO
EQ
SWG

i pay my own broardband subscription
i pay rent (half my wages gone on that alone)

i am only 18, i am not loaded here...

i also pay to go to an internet / LAN gaming centre (which is hosting SUKING) and i like to have some money to go out and drink etc...

i realise this would only be a one off payment, but its just another payment for a game that has no high level content... i no longer want to wander through caves. i no longer want to fight for OP's that give me no bonus (+50 hack? thats usefull... +50 hack when im in a zone that i already own the op for) i no longer want to stand the abuse "OMG! you hacked! you took no damage! you ran too fast! i wasnt ready! im reporting you! you only won becose of your PPU! your clan is carebear!".

there are manyu reasons i am not willing to pay out even more to play a game that at the moment i frankly dont want to play.

However this is not a dig at Neocron OR Reakktor. i love the game. i really do. i hope DoY does bring in loads of people, fix all the bugs and add loads of content / storyline... but im not expecting it.

as i said, if decent content is added, ill be coming back.

i await this DoY list as eagerly as the rest of you... but i dont have high hopes. i wouldnt pay for a game just because of an expansion. if i am bored now, there is little chance the expansion will bring me back. i have been here since beta 3, i have loved my time here. i may return if the announcement is great.

anyway... lets not get this closed as a leaving thread :p back on topic...

as i said a few posts ago... i have seen no 100% definate answer on this subject, and was curious if you had, or if you were just interpriting what you read

:edit sorry for double post ladies:

J. Folsom
06-01-04, 15:30
check the attempt at translating... in this very thread. it was a post by MJS in the Ger forums... thats what the whole thread was about...

[snip] Just read through the German thingamabob (Not the translation, the thingamabob MJS posted in German) myself, sounds like it's the case.

I should probably have read it before posting, but I wouldn't be myself without occasional bits of stupidity.

Ah well, we'll (or at least I'll :p ) see where it goes.

Jesterthegreat
06-01-04, 15:37
if you've got good english and german skills... would you mind posting your translation of it please? :D

cos i can barely manage proper english... im an essex boy, we only kn ow bad english... german? thats like a whole other language! we can talk slowly and loudly at germans... its the British way! :lol:

shodanjr_gr
06-01-04, 15:52
I dont get one thing about BDoY.

We are supposed to info about its release this month right?

It would be safe to asume that BDoY will be out by Easter right?

Wouldnt it be necessary to BETA test a massive update like that?

There has been no info about requesting beta testers on the new expansion.

Now ive got two fears on this matter.
1st: DoY is released, but having only been beta tested internally by KK, it is loaded with bugs and glitches, a bad name is given to the game, and noone is gona buy it.

or

2nd:KK decides to beta test DoY. Betatesting such an expansion will require a quite large ammount of time. Thus DoY will be delayed even more.

Any thoughts?

Jesterthegreat
06-01-04, 16:01
Originally posted by shodanjr_gr
I dont get one thing about BDoY.

We are supposed to info about its release this month right?
Dec - early jan yeah

It would be safe to asume that BDoY will be out by Easter right?
according to KK we are merely awaiting a publisher (and possibly a few tweaks) so could be sooner

Wouldnt it be necessary to BETA test a massive update like that?
it would certainly be advisable

There has been no info about requesting beta testers on the new expansion.
i should imagine it wouldnt be a pubic beta... prolly an invite only beta

Now ive got two fears on this matter.
1st: DoY is released, but having only been beta tested internally by KK, it is loaded with bugs and glitches, a bad name is given to the game, and noone is gona buy it.

or

2nd:KK decides to beta test DoY. Betatesting such an expansion will require a quite large ammount of time. Thus DoY will be delayed even more.

Any thoughts?

i think kk are hoping DoY will bring in players, remove bugs and add content. i get the feeling (from all the delays so far) that they are taking their time and trying to get it right here.

to cut it short... NC loses far more people than it gains. DoY is the last ditch attempt to save NC. im sure they will deny it, i have heard kk claim the player base is increasing :rolleyes:...

i think its fairly obvious so many players have their hopes pinne on DoY that not only will they get less new players (if they rushed it) but current players would quit.

please for the love of god KK... stop promising it next month. give a realistic release date. give your self time... the loyal playerbase is pissed off with the lies and the deadline changes. honesty will get a better reaction then saying "almost done... next month" "almost done... next month" etc

Dade Murphey
06-01-04, 17:00
from what they've always said is that DoY has been ready since about the time of retail's start...since it was supposed to be out shortly after the beginning of 2k3...but due to publishing problems, I think, that didn't happen...it's been set to go...just needing a new publisher...I'm sure they've changed a few things...but I think a lot of it has been internal beta testing...and thank god

J. Folsom
06-01-04, 17:31
if you've got good english and german skills... would you mind posting your translation of it please? :D Benjie's translation already covers the main points of what MJS posted, lemme check if he missed something though.

*Imagine a little while o' translating and comparing here*

Well, to add to what Benjie said...
It seems that the plans are also to make the only safezones in the game the faction HQs, each of which will also have it's own GenRep. This also counts for the Military Base at it's very center. It doesn't mention TG, TH or DOY in that part though.

Another change mentioned is the possibility to hire NPC bodyguards from the CityMercs, specifically meant for the support characters.

Benjie's got the rest translated.

Sundiver
06-01-04, 17:47
Tratos, thanks a lot for answering my question :) I am trying not to listen to all the rumours.

Jesterthegreat
06-01-04, 17:48
It seems that the plans are also to make the only safezones in the game the faction HQs, each of which will also have it's own GenRep. This also counts for the Military Base at it's very center. It doesn't mention TG, TH or DOY in that part though.

well if TG and TH will be faction outposts then duh :p

DoY is a city, i imagine the HQ's in said city would be a safezone in that case...

hmm... NCPD not mentioned? bwahahaha (after its reworked and is not considered exploiting of course... with patrolling copbots i assume that its now possible to make guards walk around there, thus reducing the problem [especially after the remodel or whatever they are doing])

J. Folsom
06-01-04, 17:51
NCPD not mentioned? bwahahaha (after its reworked and is not considered exploiting of course... with patrolling copbots i assume that its now possible to make guards walk around there, thus reducing the problem [especially after the remodel or whatever they are doing]) Nope, no mention of NCPD. Just the faction HQ's.

Might mean that places like the concenter (Which is currently a safezone) would become a anarchy zone as well. But that's just speculation.

Dribble Joy
06-01-04, 18:00
Bah, safezones in the 'normal' faction HQs might be ok, but in the big areas like TG, TH and MB, it would be major suckage.

The CM npc body guards sounds cool. Of course me and my team are allways there to take contracts. :D

athon
06-01-04, 18:14
How about rephrase: Can MJS please post this info in english?
That would be better - more official - no chance of dodgy translations.

I also think that FA siding with DoY is probably bad. They are suppsoed to be neutral and working for a general peace gregardless of who is actually ruling. But we will see.

As for Beta testing, atleast some of the fatures have been on the test server (still are?) - things like the flying vehicles.

What's to say that there hasn't been closed beta testing of a select group under an NDA?

Athon Solo

Clothing_Option
06-01-04, 18:32
I think IMO that there should be some safe zones like p1 or some areas of TH same for TG canyon. I ve noticed many more pple hanging around TH with the new turrets in place

tomparadox
06-01-04, 18:34

WOOT. SEX TO J00!

shodanjr_gr
06-01-04, 18:36
i should imagine it wouldnt be a pubic beta... prolly an invite only beta

Well yeah but when are they expecting to start beta invitations. I mean it WILL take a long time for the beta test to be carried out properly.If they dont commence beta testing soon, there will be quite a long delay on DoY.

Dribble Joy
06-01-04, 18:36
How can TH NOT be the HQ of FA? It's TH ffs? Same with the Canyon.
Extreme muppetry If you ask me.

Benjie
06-01-04, 19:12
Benjie's translation already covers the main points of what MJS posted, lemme check if he missed something though.

*Imagine a little while o' translating and comparing here*

Well, to add to what Benjie said...

Another change mentioned is the possibility to hire NPC bodyguards from the CityMercs, specifically meant for the support characters.

Benjie's got the rest translated.
Pretty damn impressive considering the only german words I know are Danke and Mutter!

Originally posted by Dribble Joy
How can TH NOT be the HQ of FA? It's TH ffs? Same with the Canyon.
Extreme muppetry If you ask me.
They still will in a sence. I trust kk a lot with roleplay, I love the story behind world they have created. I am sure that there will be an amazing reason for everything that changes. (both in roleplay and in gameplay terms)

Originally posted by Clothing_Option
I think IMO that there should be some safe zones like p1 or some areas of TH same for TG canyon. I ve noticed many more pple hanging around TH with the new turrets in place
I disagree, if plaza 1 was a safezone absolutely every pro-city would flock there, killing every other street and allyway in Neocron.

J. Folsom
06-01-04, 19:16
Originally posted by Benjie
Pretty damn impressive considering the only german words I know are Danke and Mutter! Well you obviously speak Babelfish then :p

Benjie
06-01-04, 19:19
Well you obviously speak Babelfish then :p

Heh, actually I am one of the few gifted individuals that can actually make any sence of that stuff. Damn, first 1337 speak and now babblefish! How many other 'languages' is the internet going to claim responsibility for? :p

Tickles
06-01-04, 20:04
Soz to whine, but how come the German population always get all the info, and we only get it when someone who speaks German and English translates it.
I know MJS made that other post, but why cant we get a post like the one translated above As Further DoY info or something, so the English community has just as much a chance of discussing it.

Soz again, there will always be the nice ppl going between the two forums :)

Tratos
06-01-04, 20:08
yeah what did happen to the any important stuff will be translated by the mods/devs rule that came about a few weeks ago?

and yes this information IS important and should have been translated for us by a mod/dev/GM or even MJS himself.

Thank You to the people who took the time :)

~T

Dade Murphey
07-01-04, 01:15
Well yeah but when are they expecting to start beta invitations. I mean it WILL take a long time for the beta test to be carried out properly.If they dont commence beta testing soon, there will be quite a long delay on DoY.

shodanjr...like I said in my last post...they said a long time ago that DoY was ready...has been ready for a long time (had apparently been ready since retail had been ready to go, or there abouts)...I'm kinda doubting there will be an xternal beta test, because it had been mentioned, again a long time ago, that they had done internal beta testing on it...I'm sure some things will need updating...but if I recall right, everything for it has been done internally

Clothing_Option
07-01-04, 01:20
shodanjr...like I said in my last post...they said a long time ago that DoY was ready...has been ready for a long time (had apparently been ready since retail had been ready to go, or there abouts)...I'm kinda doubting there will be an xternal beta test, because it had been mentioned, again a long time ago, that they had done internal beta testing on it...I'm sure some things will need updating...but if I recall right, everything for it has been done internally

who gives a fuck as long as it gets some ppl to play this fucking game---i mean that in a nice way:lol:

Crackitakk
07-01-04, 01:27
someone should hax it like the hl2 source code, :p jk jk jk jk

Jest
07-01-04, 01:30
No safe zones in the entire game would be the most absolute uber thing ever to happen to the game. Thinking about all the possibilities for roleplay makes me close to creaming myself.

Stigmata
07-01-04, 01:31
sounds good to me
http://www.getsomeskills.com/system/smilies/Duhard.gif

Dade Murphey
07-01-04, 04:42
Originally posted by stigmata
sounds good to me
http://www.getsomeskills.com/system/smilies/Duhard.gif

whatever the hell that picture is...it's fuckin scarey o.O

[TgR]KILLER
07-01-04, 04:44
ffs.. TH = FA :( with FA out of TH whats fa ? cirst your screwing your own story over here :/

sorry if anybody else said it just dit read the first post but its madness

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Marx
07-01-04, 04:51
FA will still be in TH, however the figureheads will be in DoY working with DoY officials for the betterment of its society.

Mr_Snow
07-01-04, 07:32
TH is th FA home when they broke off from crahn to be left in peace not so they could become puppets of DOY so much so that they relocate their HQ there, FA wouldnt do this and I doubt many long term will like the idea of being a DOY faction rather then their own faction, the same goes for TG they are trying to overthrow Reza and install themselves as the leaders of Neocron not to overthrow Reza and hand Neocron to DOY.

And why the hell is all this stuff only posted in the German forum and not in the English(or French?) forums at the same time and being left to players to not only find these threads in the other forums but to translate them too? Not a good policy to inform only a part of your customer base of upcoming developements, it shows disrespect and apathy towards the non-german members of the community.

Crackitakk
07-01-04, 14:31
i think tg would go to doy, the canyons are a dump....but fa i agree, they are all about peace and being by themselvs if u read the description

Jesterthegreat
07-01-04, 14:43

how do you know there isnt an invite only beta with an NDA happening now...

just a thought...

J. Folsom
07-01-04, 14:44
how do you know there isnt an invite only beta with an NDA happening now...

just a thought... *puts on the X-Files theme music*

The truth is out there...

:p

Candaman
07-01-04, 14:45
FA won't be able to stay at TH when all those CA guards outside TH run in and gank all FA that are there :D

Jesterthegreat
07-01-04, 14:46
*puts on the X-Files theme music*

The truth is out there...

:p

lol

i have an NDA which i was supposed to send off sitting beside me right now (and no... not a B : DoY one :p)