PDA

View Full Version : Outpost's... The idea...

Q`alooaith
06-01-04, 05:17
Ok, now I've been up for about 30 hour's so far so try to keep up as I'm caffeen buzzing..
Keeping that in mind..

I was playing U2 XMP, which if you've not played it before here's a quick run though, you have several power source's each map, and you have to hold onto them to power your turret's, vehical's and even your spawners..

Now this bring's me to my idea nicly..

Outpost's currently are just one hack room away from you, and once you've taken it it's instantly working for you..

My idea is to break outpost's into three part's,
Generator's, these power the outpost and defence's..
Control, this is what determine's who own's the op at the end of the day, control's turret's and GR..
Production, this is what give the op it's bonus..

Now first we split them off from each other, generator's go round the back of the op outside the wall in case they malfunction and blow up nothing inside is damaged (also mean's people can hack them without getting into the op first)..

Production is in the underground..

And control is where the current hack room's are..

Now to hold an outpost you must have possession of the control.. though to use an outpost you have to have all three, and it only generate's profit when you hold all three..

Now taking generator's stop's the profit flow from an op but doesn't stop it's defence's..

The idea is, then you take out the three hack level's needed to take over and outpost, be require that the generator's be offline first to shutdown primary defence's system so you can hack control..

In a nutshell, your still hacking three layer's, but they are spread out, and you need to do them in turn.... This would give op fighting a real feeling of fighting and a battle, as defender's would have to get to the generator's to hack em back so the attacker's would have to take them again, and so on, if the attacker's get the control the defender's need to take the generator's or control back to stop the hack on production, and thus the loss of the outpost...

I think it'd be good, spread battle's out, rather than clump them near the UG entrance and hackroom..

{MD}GeistDamnit
06-01-04, 05:19
it's a great idea, but they seem to want op's to stay lame like they are now, forever :(

Q`alooaith
06-01-04, 05:33
Hell but if the idea's out there and it's generaly liked maybe it'll get seen...

How can we hope for change if we don't see a way to improve, KK arnt mind reader's you know, we need to say, this is how X should work, Y would work better like this.. Better to shout out loud when you have a good idea in the hope that somone with a little creative control see's it and how popular it is and thinks it's good too...

Maybe we spin thing's in a diffrent way to the KK boy's and they say "oh, didn't think of that" and make a change...