PDA

View Full Version : Uranus spawn event

Dribble Joy
06-01-04, 02:34
Shite load of theose crazy cobots attacked Jeriko and TH.

I deid 5 times, got rezzed 4.

I didn't have a problem with lag, but fps was awefull (full fog distance though)

Did take screenis but they were crap.

Cheers to Tenshu and Honeypot.

joran420
06-01-04, 02:38
the pluto one was fun too :)

Rieper
06-01-04, 02:42
i was only there for the one on pluto, naturally everyone at jeri died amd TH pwned allt he bots... FA4life yo.

joran420
06-01-04, 02:43
naw we cleared jerico and main gates on pluto ...well i left jerico when there were like 3 bots left but if they didnt get killed....well i dunno they shoulda gotten killed

Dribble Joy
06-01-04, 04:07
An artist's (?) impression of the event....

http://server5.uploadit.org/files2/060104-madcopbots.jpg

Oh shut up, it's late and I was bored.

Melkior
06-01-04, 04:31
lol DJ the 1337 artiste =-P

and wtf is my sig....

Kaden
06-01-04, 05:11
I'm pleased to say as well, that my monkeh was one of the one's that rezzed Dribble Joy :D

SorkZmok
06-01-04, 05:15
I really enjoyed the event. I had shit fps, i lagged out twice and died about a thousand times but it was hella fun.
And only if it was to fight WITH all my enemies without any pking. I expected it at some moments but nothing happened. A uts even rezzed me and made some jokes about me dumb spy. :) I loved it.

I owned a load of bots, got owned many more times, half of my armor got wrecked but hey what can i say it was FUN. ;)

Mwah DJ paint me a pic of a spy beating 4 ppl at once at some outpost, i still feel godlike cause i managed to do that today! :p :p

Psyco Groupie
06-01-04, 05:42
the bit at TH was much more fun for me, it was really funny when the th 'hull' breached and all the poison came in .. i had like 30 stacks on me ... nearly surived too heh

thx GMs

p.s. im fairly sure there was some pvp at the event tho .. need more gms / fc watching

SorkZmok
06-01-04, 05:45
Originally posted by Psyco Groupie
the bit at TH was much more fun for me, it was really funny when the th 'hull' breached and all the poison came in .. i had like 30 stacks on me ... nearly surived too heh

thx GMs

p.s. im fairly sure there was some pvp at the event tho .. need more gms / fc watching
I wouldve loved to go to TH and take a look at that part of the event but ima BD.

And yeah, there was pking involved. But only in the end, well actually more after the event. Wasnt me though. I just know there was some pking. ;)

Jesterthegreat
06-01-04, 12:30
hehehe... honeypot

Tratos
06-01-04, 12:35
lol Dribble that pic pwns, i was at the jericko bit on Colonel Barter for a bit, kept gettin pwnd, lol but im sure i wa rezzed and holy healed by an invisible GM, lol YAY ME cos there was No PPUs near me, heh

Nice Event keep em comming GMs.

~T

Jesterthegreat
06-01-04, 12:38
i should have stayed ingame for this event... THEN quit :(

Jeros82
06-01-04, 13:51
There I was sitting in the restaurant in Plaza 2 LoMing my PSI Power, some crazy GM starts to yell Jeriko GR is not safe. So I was in WTF is going this time?? Mass PKing or something ?? So I asked with local chat what was going on at Jeriko and some guy told me that there were mass CopBots going crazy.

At first I was kinda scared cause my Hybrid isn't that wonderfull, but I was like "What the hell, let's have some fun. If I die, i'll be rezzed by some PPU wandering (which didn't happen). The first time I died 2 PPU walked around my body for a while, but nobody seemed to be intrested in rezzing me :(

So I GR'ed wait for SI to go away and started going more PPU then APU to live longer. Even hacked a 70/70 CopBot but there was only junk in the stupid bots. I even saw a guys punching a CopBot and lived longer then me if I attacked a CopBot (still don't know why).

After that I tried to kill a CopBot myself but instead 5 or more started owning my ass so I ran and screamed like a girl. When almost at the GR I died and again nobody seemed to care that I died :(

So after that I decided to GR to my appartment and log and have some sleep. I wish I could have gone to TechHaven to check the scenery there, but to bad there was no time.

But still I enjoyed the Event and hope there will be many more. Thanx GM's.

Shakey -=Tank=-
06-01-04, 14:17
lol Dribble Joy I love the pic. I only remember seeing those crazy copbots doing the can can but I guess I missed em doing the timewarp :lol:

steweygrrr
06-01-04, 14:38
Anyone downloaded the 'joke' NC trailer with the ballet dancing Cop and STORMbots? its quite funny. Link is here (http://www.neocron.com/index.php?name=NeoContent&op=modload&file=index&pageID=55#trailer) at the bottom of the page (copbot academy vid)

L0KI
06-01-04, 14:41
BAAAAAH

Had band practice, i knew i'd miss that one :(

Shakey -=Tank=-
06-01-04, 14:42
Yeah I remember that vid, quite funny & it reminds me of when I was playing as a noob on pluto then :) aaah the memories of a melee spy

Jesterthegreat
06-01-04, 14:48
im at work, i still have ot on this pc from when it was origionally released :D

steweygrrr
06-01-04, 14:59
Is it sad to marvel over how well that storm bot is animated i.e the way its arms swing etc.?

athon
06-01-04, 18:23
An excellent event, and a funny pic to go with it :D :lol:

The only PKing I heard about happened well after the event and if you stick around your enemies / PKers that long then you deserve it imo. I stuck around for a short while to make sure there wasn't going otbe another spawn then GRd out before any PKing happened. Well done for resisting the urge people.

A very fun event.

* More! * More! *

Athon Solo

Spoon
06-01-04, 19:11
*cough*Lagfest*cough*

Flea
06-01-04, 20:12
Yeah, sure it was fun but, twilight guardian and cityadmin and black dragon all holding hands working together to protect neocron kind of makes NO SENSE. Seriously GM's I think you should change the rule from no pvp to no killing allies/neutrals at events.

Kal
06-01-04, 20:17
Awesome pic DJ,

missed that one, though it sounds quite similer to the ceres soldiers event (tho that one was very good)

athon
07-01-04, 00:03
Originally posted by Flea
Yeah, sure it was fun but, twilight guardian and cityadmin and black dragon all holding hands working together to protect neocron kind of makes NO SENSE. Seriously GM's I think you should change the rule from no pvp to no killing allies/neutrals at events.

Neocron is Black Dragons home too - whether they like who controls most of it or not. Their homes and livlihoods were under threat too.

As for Twilight Guardian, they want something to take over. If the copbots destroy neocron and its citizens there'll be nothing to take over.

And anyway, we've already seen what happens if PvP is allowed.

Perhaps, if demand is high enough, KK would consider two seperate types of events. Some where PKing is allowed and some where it is not. This system worked on the Ultima Online shard I played on. And whether the event is PKing allowed or not should be annoucned before / at the same time as the first event announcement. This way people get a clear indication and can choose if they'd like to attend or not.

Athon Solo

Dribble Joy
07-01-04, 00:05
Originally posted by Flea

As stated MANY times by the GMs it was a NON PVP EVENT.