PDA

View Full Version : You've got to love Neocron

NeoChick
06-01-04, 00:36
I took a break from Neocron and tried out Horizons. Oh, the more I see of other MMORPG's the more I learn to love Neocron!

Problems experienced in HZ just in case you are tempted to try it, beware:

Problem with quick keys that you are wholly dependent on to survive, these keys fail to work until you relog, except you never know when your key is not going to work so you die because can't defend yourself. Apparently a problem since beta and they probably dont know how to fix it lol

Purchased second account for my son, used same credit card. Well, they have a system where you can't really sell outright (except to a pawnbroker who gives you like 1c per item) but the rule is that a char can only list five items for sale. So for some reason ALL of my chars are lumped as one when it comes to selling. So my son on his second account can't sell stuff because my char on first account already has five items listed for sale!
Apparently a problem since beta and they apparently dont know how to fix it.

You buy spells as a Mage that indicate in the specifications you are able to use them. But then when you want to use them it says you do not meet the specifications.

Lag most of the time makes it impossible to play the game.

Customer service is non existent. You write an email to customer service and they don't bother to reply nor do you even get a 'ticket'.

None of the devs bother to answer anything on official forum nor are patch notes issued most of the time

You cannot cancel your account! Unless you telephone them and go through a whole rigmarole

Oh, and the 'official' forum is their beta forum and the latest is that they are asking for donations. I bet it is only a matter of time till you have to pay to even attend their forum

Well, that's some of the things. Thought I'd advise ppl of these possibly unknown facts.

I am sooooooooooo looking forward to NCDOY!!!!!

lullysing
06-01-04, 00:40
The 5 items problem is most probably a code based "magic number" problem...

http://catb.org/~esr/jargon/html/M/magic-number.html

Marx
06-01-04, 00:41
Neocron spoiled most of us.

SW:G crashes more on me than Neocron ever did.

:(

-=z=-
06-01-04, 01:59
Originally posted by Marx
Neocron spoiled most of us.

SW:G crashes more on me than Neocron ever did.

:(

Heh. I moved to NC after trying the AO free trial. I was so happy to be playing a "stable" game after having AO kick me out after every zone change. Even with the occasional CTD I get from NC, it is far better than AO, for me anyway.

ezza
06-01-04, 02:55
i tried both AO and SWG, and both of them just made me want to log on to saturn and play wid meh tanky

Ascension
06-01-04, 02:57
Originally posted by ezza
i tried both AO and SWG, and both of them just made me want to log on to saturn and play wid meh tanky

Playing SW:G i cant say it crashed once on me and i played for 2 weeks:eek:

craio
06-01-04, 02:57
And this is so different from NC because?

Allmost all the stuff you mentioned was/is a similar bug in NC.
-Drone bugs are in the game since beta,so are plenty of other bugs ,of which some are more severe then those you mentioned.
-unable to use items: -% impair bug,drone that doesnt launch
-need to relog to fix bug : the 'log in again to be able to play' bug, relog to get cst tool back upon failure of cst...
-The IGNVault forum is the official forum,didnt see anything about donations there.
-Uranus has his waves of lag spikes ,and everyone experiences fps drops.
-There have been various issues with accounts to
-How long do we have to wait till we get an official answer?

The game went retail mid december of last year ,this is the first month of retail,no mmorpg has ever had a smooth start of retail(as far as i remember).

ezza
06-01-04, 02:59
Originally posted by Ascention
Playing SW:G i cant say it crashed once on me and i played for 2 weeks:eek: oh it wasnt crashing that put me off, i just though the games were shit:D

STUPID 60SECOND POSTING RULE!!!!!:mad: :mad: :mad:

Marx
06-01-04, 03:07
Originally posted by Ascention
Playing SW:G i cant say it crashed once on me and i played for 2 weeks:eek:

This just goes to show that one can't hold the company which manufactures the game responsible if their computer clashes with the program somehow...

Neocron hardly ever crashes on me (Only really seems to if I'm running two clients at the same time). SW:G does... Alot.

Meanwhile for others it's vice versa.

Anyway each game has it's share of beta bugs throughout retail... So arguing that one is more bug free than another is asinine.

joran420
06-01-04, 03:12
Id rather play a buggy NC then a glitch free SWG...I played SWG for 2 months and was bored stupid

MrHolland
06-01-04, 03:17
acutally Endlessages is good.

Mr_Snow
06-01-04, 04:14
I betaed Horizons and am so glad that I did or I would of ended up paying for it.

gostly
06-01-04, 04:44
from what i read on customer reviews before horizons came out, it seemed that all the beta testers were saying that it wasnt anywhere near ready for release and that it would ruin the game if it was released in it's current state....so it got released anyways...

btw...nc has had the same bugs for over a year now and havent been fixed yet...so i wouldnt exactly say that ive gotta love neocron because it's more bug-free then another game...simply becuz it isnt

NeoChick
06-01-04, 06:34
Craio, I don't think you know what you are talking about, quite obviously you have not played much of NC nor much of HZ otherwise you would notice the glaring difference.

When you press the ingame 'customer support' you get a screen which advises you to 'ask other players'. Some pople have emailed support and after five days still did not have any kind of recognition that their email has even been received.

OK NC has/had bugs, but nothing that is so dramatic that it makes it basically impossible to play

NC has always been an enjoyment, for more than a year, even when I was at my lowest ebb and frustrated as heck with NC, it has never been as bad ever than it is after three weeks of HZ

And nothing can beat the gameplay/style of Neocron, there just isn't anything like it on the market

nor do you get better customer service/attendion from devs anywhere than at NC

Benjie
06-01-04, 06:46
Neochick I agree Neocron is almost bug free at the moment in comparison to other mmorpg's but has incompatability problems with things like ATI and Windows 2000, and a lot of people use these. For these people playing Neocron must be Hell. FRE every zone and stuff...

arthego
06-01-04, 07:31
My friend got me FFXI for Christmas so I could play with him and a few of his friends. I figured the game would be decent, I mean hell every server they have is apparently having population overloads. So anyways, I set up an account......an annoying process in which you actually need to make 3 accounts o,O . Then I spent about 3 hours patching, no probs there I was expecting it. After I get the game up and running (btw it's annoying as hell to log on and off aka get out of PlayOnline), I go about making a char and lvlin and such.....I got to about lvl 5 and I'm like wait something’s not right. So I start talking to my friend and yes every class gets skills and stats at pre determined lvls, the only way you can customize you char is with equipment except everyone’s got the same equipment :rolleyes: . Also combat is very well dull, once you in combat....you IN combat....yeah you can run but you’re just as fast as the mobs and thx to really bad lag and mobs that don't ever stop chasing you, your probebly going to die anyways. Mobs have 3 lvls basicallyy....1) to tough, don't even think about fighting em come lvl 8.....2) even match may or may not kill you.....3) weak as hell and you get nill exp. But, on the positive side you can play it (soon) on the PS2 or comp. Sad thing is my friend won't ever give NC a shot.....even offered to let him mess around and make a char on my account......owell :rolleyes:

jernau
06-01-04, 07:33
Originally posted by craio
no mmorpg has ever had a smooth start of retail(as far as i remember).

FFXI ?

At least I've not heard anything major, certainly nothing as ghastly as AO or SWG were.

arthego
06-01-04, 07:37
Originally posted by jernau
FFXI ?

At least I've not heard anything major, certainly nothing as ghastly as AO or SWG were.

Yep, as far as I know....and you can play it on PS2 and with ppl from other countries like Japan, can actually use conji (sp) or a translator you talk to you is need be. But yeah with how many ppl are playing it, and being multi platform I'd say there doing a good job so far.

jernau
06-01-04, 07:40
Originally posted by gostly
from what i read on customer reviews before horizons came out, it seemed that all the beta testers were saying that it wasnt anywhere near ready for release and that it would ruin the game if it was released in it's current state....so it got released anyways...

The same is true of NC, PS, DAoC, AO, SW:G and probably every other game out there online or otherwise. IIRC some senior SOE people got slapped wrists for agreeing in public about SW:G needing a lot more work.

@arthego - Kanji. That's actually one thing I've heard people complain about but tbh has anyone ever seen a good automated translator even between 2 similar languages let alone 2 as different as Japanese and English?

ZoneVortex
06-01-04, 08:04
FFXI is THE smoothest game I have EVER played, MMO, online, offline, mac, PC, whatever. The absolute smoothest easiest to deal with game ever in my oppinion, good stuff just thought i'd throw that in here for no reason since someone brought it up o-O

Nash_Brigham
06-01-04, 08:30
Originally posted by ZoneVortex
FFXI is THE smoothest game I have EVER played, MMO, online, offline, mac, PC, whatever. The absolute smoothest easiest to deal with game ever in my oppinion, good stuff just thought i'd throw that in here for no reason since someone brought it up o-O Yeah, if you play the game straight from the PS2. On the computer, it sucks.

jernau
06-01-04, 08:34
Originally posted by Nash_Brigham
Yeah, if you play the game straight from the PS2. On the computer, it sucks.

Everyone I know plays it on the PC and they all rave about it.

Why would the PS2 be better? It's a horribly inferior platform in every way.

SorkZmok
06-01-04, 08:54
I played swg for about 3 weeks. it looks quite pretty and theres a shitload to do if youre a dumb tradeskill whore. i got pked 4 times while i was a noob without the slitest chance to even fight back.

hell i was gonna quit nc before that. now i am SO glad i didnt. i love NC. and i hope nc:bdoy will make it even better.

true nc fan: the kid!

ZoneVortex
06-01-04, 09:06
Yeah, if you play the game straight from the PS2. On the computer, it sucks.

I play it on PC not PS2, it's not out for ps2 in america yet i believe, but on PC it's seamless for me...mmm smooth as an old person's bottom with lotsa cream and powder

Nash_Brigham
06-01-04, 09:12
Originally posted by ZoneVortex
I play it on PC not PS2, it's not out for ps2 in america yet i believe, but on PC it's seamless for me...mmm smooth as an old person's bottom with lotsa cream and powder :wtf: 8| :wtf: I really did not need that fucked up image in my head. Final Fantasy died back about part 7 for me, and the latest versions of it haven't held my interst at all.

deac
06-01-04, 11:07
played swg for 1-2 months DIDNT CRASH ONCE.. thats gotta mean something...

did have to relog a few times due to team bugs...

ichinin
06-01-04, 12:52
Thank you for saving my time - thought about trying out Horizons earlier, Only think now that's intresting is FOMK.

arthego
06-01-04, 12:57
:wtf: 8| :wtf: I really did not need that fucked up image in my head. Final Fantasy died back about part 7 for me, and the latest versions of it haven't held my interst at all.

Same here they need to remember what made FF's good....but they got a damn big fan base and nothing they do anymore can be bad. :rolleyes:

Jesterthegreat
06-01-04, 13:05
Originally posted by NeoChick
I took a break from Neocron and tried out Horizons. Oh, the more I see of other MMORPG's the more I learn to love Neocron!
now i know peeps hate people breaking up their posts... but its just easier this way :D i havent played HZ, however i feel you are judging it a bit harshly... NC has bugs from beta and its over a year into retail...

Problems experienced in HZ just in case you are tempted to try it, beware:

Problem with quick keys that you are wholly dependent on to survive, these keys fail to work until you relog, except you never know when your key is not going to work so you die because can't defend yourself. Apparently a problem since beta and they probably dont know how to fix it lol
Use key in NC stops working, hasnt happened to me recently i will admit, but how often did i get that bug in the past (and im not talking just after beta here)

Purchased second account for my son, used same credit card. Well, they have a system where you can't really sell outright (except to a pawnbroker who gives you like 1c per item) but the rule is that a char can only list five items for sale. So for some reason ALL of my chars are lumped as one when it comes to selling. So my son on his second account can't sell stuff because my char on first account already has five items listed for sale!
Apparently a problem since beta and they apparently dont know how to fix it.
yeah that sucks... but i could name 5-10 people i know IRL who have had massive issues with payment for NC (maybe worldpays fault, maybe KK's fault... i dont know. all i know is it took many expensive phone calls [including one to germany] to fix)

You buy spells as a Mage that indicate in the specifications you are able to use them. But then when you want to use them it says you do not meet the specifications.

Lag most of the time makes it impossible to play the game.
NC - shit fps on alot of computers (tbh my personal one runs fine) and constant FRE's make it impossible to play game... however we are used to it and acomplish the impossible :lol:

Customer service is non existent. You write an email to customer service and they don't bother to reply nor do you even get a 'ticket'.
do i even need to comment on KK's customer support? its more a matter of to few than anything else tbh... im sure they (most of them) try hard to help

None of the devs bother to answer anything on official forum nor are patch notes issued most of the time
... NC's stealth nerfs are notorius (as is my spelling), and how often are dev's on here? MJS comes on to give an amusing reply to the odd post, and occasionally makes promises... thats it though

You cannot cancel your account! Unless you telephone them and go through a whole rigmarole
haha... ok that does suck :D

Oh, and the 'official' forum is their beta forum and the latest is that they are asking for donations. I bet it is only a matter of time till you have to pay to even attend their forum
official forums are entirely voluntery on the companies behalf. no MMORPG has a clause in the EULA that state an official forum must be provided... we got it good here with NC in that respect

Well, that's some of the things. Thought I'd advise ppl of these possibly unknown facts.

I am sooooooooooo looking forward to NCDOY!!!!! :D

as i said, i have never even seen a screenie of the game before i am labled a "fanboi", i have also recently stopped playing NC. however i dont feel bitter about this, NC is still by far one of the best games i have played, and is definatly the best MMORPG i have ever played.

Junkie

Richard Adregen
06-01-04, 15:19
I have quit NC for Horizons (Still have active account here though), and am enjoying it thoroughly... Some bugs are currently only able to be worked around, such as the quick keys which sometimes don't recycle well (Easy to work around though)... You can get through the buggiest game in the world, as long as you do it with friends and enjoy it... I've enjoyed my time at Horizons thoroughly, just as much as my time in NC, Because I'm back where I belong. Back with the people of Blue Technologies enjoying myself, laughing about stuff that happens and enjoying the tradeskill system hugely. Don't judge this game on its bugs yet, it's first month of retail and when NC was first month of retail I can say that it wasn't that much worse.

RA.

J. Folsom
06-01-04, 15:25
Originally posted by jernau
FFXI ?

At least I've not heard anything major, certainly nothing as ghastly as AO or SWG were. Might be that there was some major problems around the original Japanese PS2 release, which was roughly 4 months before the US PC release. However, can't check, as I don't speak Japanese, and it's highly likely that if I tried babelfishing I'd only figure out that it apparently had "Odd fried leprechaun"* problems.

*That's not a real quote, noticable because it's way too coherent for Babelfish.

jernau
06-01-04, 17:25
Well, I followed the English beta on and off for nearly a year (never got in :( ) including when it went live in Japan and can't say it looked too bad. Maybe they did an SoE on the forums and fansites but I didn't get that impression.

Clownst0pper
06-01-04, 17:27
I left neocron for two months, came back, OH how I missed her!

Neocrack? Damn right, the games the best of its type, and is the best PVP out there!

Im sorry for leaving you *strokes his case*