PDA

View Full Version : @ The Anti PPU ppl - Get off our backs ok ?

\\Fényx//
06-01-04, 00:30
OK, This is a rant, Im pretty damn pissed off at the moment with alot of people ingame and on the forums, there ALWAYS has to be one class to nerf, its never boost the other classes, its always nerf a class instead...

Its allways been about the PPU for like the past 6 months (tho now some ppl cry about PE's...) But theres still people that want the PPU fucking over even harder, well stop right there ok ? Thing for 1 second ffs, a PPU is played by a person, a person that has botherd to level a char thats whole purpose is to babysit you, we go through a HELL OF ALOT of stress and bullshit to do that for you, theres 15 people screaming for instant heals the second they want them, who cant live without shelters deflectors or primaries, and alot of people have become to damned dependant on us always being there that they just lost all politeness and expect us to be their at every whim and call they have, YET its normally the same people that fucking cry for us to get nerfed, make shelter deflector self cast, sanctums the only way to heal/shelt other people etc, its just down right stupid that people depend on a class so much yet want them nerfed to fuckery, PPU is THE MOST STRESSING CLASS IN THE GAME, we cancel out all effective way of causing damage to be there to heal you, shelter you, then 24 second rez you when you die through the false pretence that you have fucking god mode.

Will EVERYONE just step back for 5 minutes and look at what your all whining for, PPUs have had a big enough nerf as it is, and considering the lag etc recently, we CANT heal/shelt/def/prime you in 4 seconds, and we can no longer rez you in 6 seconds, rez now takes 24 seconds CAPPED longer if you aint .....

Either put up with what the PPU gives you for buffs/shelts or fucking learn to fight without one, cause one day were all just gonne fuck off and stop buffing people cause it pisses us off the way everyone is so damned dependant...

And dont give me the crap about needing a PPU, Its perfectly possible to kill people that have a PPU at their side, its perfectly possible to kill a PPU if you dont have a PPU on your side, you dont even need a APU.

So next time your screaming your heart out on teamspeak for a heal shelter and deflector why not bloody ask nicely, maybe stand still for half a second so we can target you and guarantee that heal, hell that would be down right awesome if people thought about standing still for half a second so we CAN target you, I get 40-60 FPS during OP wars, that doesent make it any easier to get a heal on someone with capped runspeed running in and out of everyone else thinkin we have homing spells thats gonna auto hit them .....

AARGH ranting pisses me off, im just gonna go stfu in the corner now .....

robdekoning
06-01-04, 00:37
Thank you,
thing you said about rezzing someone cause he think he has god mode made me think of yesterday where a 20/28 monk thought he could kill a chaser and a doomie with an energybolt o_O , he didnt think he would probably die, cuz hey, he fucking had a shelter and a heal. haha

Legoias
06-01-04, 01:43
Originally posted by \\Fényx//
So next time your screaming your heart out on teamspeak for a heal shelter and deflector why not bloody ask nicely, maybe stand still for half a second so we can target you and guarantee that heal, hell that would be down right awesome if people thought about standing still for half a second so we CAN target you, I get 40-60 FPS during OP wars, that doesent make it any easier to get a heal on someone with capped runspeed running in and out of everyone else thinkin we have homing spells thats gonna auto hit them .....

Amen.
I know a PPU's pain.

Kasumi
06-01-04, 01:50
When I played a PPU I never thought it was stressful. Everyone was always so polite to me and stuff when they asked for thing. :) Than again I never PvPed with my PPU so I guess I should shut up now. :) Oh well. :)

Shadow Dancer
06-01-04, 01:51
A good PPU won't die if you don't have an apu with you IMO.

PPUs are STILL too important. That's always been the case, and still is.

Sure you leveled all your hard work, but so did the hybrids of back in the day. They also spent a long ass time tweaking their con setups, did that justify their imbalance? I think not.

As for not needing a PPU like you say fenyx, would you really go to an op war with no ppu if the enemy had 4-5?

C'mon now.....

Kasumi, PPUing IS stressful. That's one reason I stopped being one. And PvP PPUing is open to abuse from impatient people and people who think "i have a ppu, I CAN'T DIE". But the point is, despite all the stress and hard work, that doesn't make ppus any less unbalanced.

EDIT: rofl@vampire

Vampire222
06-01-04, 01:52
Originally posted by Shadow Dancer

Sure you leveled all your hard work, but so did the hybrids of back in the day. They also spent a long ass time tweaking their con setups, did that justify their imbalance? I think not.

As for not needing a PPU like you say fenyx, would you really go to an op war with no ppu if the enemy had 4-5?

C'mon now.....

[edited for violation of the forum rules]

Birkoff
06-01-04, 01:55
To true.. Thanks....

\\Fényx//
06-01-04, 02:01

C'mon now.....

Kasumi, PPUing IS stressful. That's one reason I stopped being one. And PvP PPUing is open to abuse from impatient people and people who think "i have a ppu, I CAN'T DIE". But the point is, despite all the stress and hard work, that doesn't make ppus any less unbalanced.

PPU is THE hardest class, they carry more shit than any other class, risk the biggest loss if they die, put up with all the shit everyone chucks at them when they die to their own stupidity, have to babysit a team of people cause they cant be botherd to level solo anymore, have to babysit them at OP wars, PPUs ARE nessecary, we serve a purpose which is to heal/buff everyone so that a fight doesent last 30 seconds, we sacrafice all effective ways of causing any damage whatsoever and what do we get, OHNOEZ NURF THE PPU THEY TOO OVARPOWARD...

Shad, ffs, Yesterday me and cliffraiser went to CRP on our own, 1 Tank 1 PPU, We took out a team that had 2 PPUs and 2 APUs plus 1 tank, they had 2 APUs, according to you I shoulda been dead, They had 2 PPUs, and according to you we shouldnt have been able to kill them, I wont name names however the 2 PPUs we took down I can say know their shit, however, a PPU even with his own shelters on, hits the ground like a sack of shit to just ONE tank with a CS when their para'd and have TL 3 on them, Anythings possible, but for some people everythings impossible without a PPU, Then they slag us off because we didnt have a heal on them in a split second while they were running around like a headless chicken on speed with a firecracker up their asses .....

Drake6k
06-01-04, 02:02
http://www.rcmaxx.com/ppumonks.jpg

MindMaze
06-01-04, 02:02
Holy shit...
This is just a GAME, ffs. Calm down.

Vampire222
06-01-04, 02:03
[edited for violation of the forum rules]

Archeus
06-01-04, 02:06
Amen.

Vampire222
06-01-04, 02:08
one word reply, can get you banned.... according to a rule forgotten long ago

Valkyrie
06-01-04, 02:08
PPUs are fine, especially with the devourer now. You get shocked? drop an anti shock. Not that hard really is it?

\\Fényx//
06-01-04, 02:10
Originally posted by Drake6k
http://www.rcmaxx.com/ppumonks.jpg

posts like that should be fucking banned

PPU's dont kill PVP, Its the people that come so fucking dependant on them that dont know how to fight without them...
A OP war would be shite without any PPUs, It would last 30 seconds and go down to who got the first attack in, The problem is that were now taken for granted too much, you can give it all you want towards saying "oh you like your godmode" or "stop whingeing bitch" etc etc, but I dont care, I bet £1000 that your the people that fucking cry a river like the damned nile every time you die at a OP war, or infact you dont even go to OP wars and just like to go on solo ganking sprees etc, well, you wanna know what I think ? Fuck you if thats your point of view, Try playing a PPU for a month, Daily baabysitting people that are leveling, Takin care of a team at a OP war etc etc

Psycho Killa
06-01-04, 02:12
Ok stepped back for a minute...

NAH ppus overpowered still buddy.

Any ppu who dies to a devourer is a dumbass. I had two capped devourers shooting me with just a medium poisin belt didnt heal and i wasnt impressed at all with the damage... upgraded to a heavy poisin belt and all i can do is laugh now.

Sure not all ppus are overpowered but guess what

A) Theyre NECCESSARY for an op war or any other fight. No class should be a neccesity

B) Almost unkillable in the hands of someone who knows what there doing.

PPus dont needs a HUGE nerf but they need some tweaking for sure. They enhance there team by ten fold and have the highest defense in the game yea thats fuckin balanced.

Other then them the fact that u dont think they need a nerf I 100 percent agree with you on the fact that they are the most stressful class. I swear to god it feels like I spent a day at work sometime when im done on my ppu.

TREAT YOUR FUCKIN PPU WITH RESPECT

ask for a buff once... guess what chat doesnt disapear in one second if im busy healing and sheltering people why the fuck would i stop doing that to add a little hp to u? Use your head and ask for whats important first.

Honestly I think a fight would last just as long if not longer without a ppu. People wouldnt charge in they would actualy OMG use tactics to win the battle. They would value there lives more so would be alot more careful and it would be a hell of a lot more strategic and fun then everyone just holding down the fire button and charging. Swear on my life most fun op fights I went to was before ppu specilization came into play.

Ok last thing to add I hope. People need to realize YOU DO NOT NEED A PPU TO LEVEL. I have a melee pe on saturn capped all but a few dex levels since melee isnt so great for dex. I havent used a ppu once. I can SOLO the chaos caves all u need to do is be smart get as much poisin resist as you can use heal sanctum and keep a heal running and you can do it no problem.

Anna
06-01-04, 02:16
Amen fenyx.

ps: to anyone wondering why im not ingame anymore atm, i got exams, will be back in a week or 2 :(

ezza
06-01-04, 02:21
PPU is THE hardest class, they carry more shit than any other class, risk the biggest loss if they die, put up with all the shit everyone chucks at them when they die to their own stupidity, have to babysit a team of people cause they cant be botherd to level solo anymore, have to babysit them at OP wars, PPUs ARE nessecary, we serve a purpose which is to heal/buff everyone so that a fight doesent last 30 seconds, we sacrafice all effective ways of causing any damage whatsoever and what do we get, OHNOEZ NURF THE PPU THEY TOO OVARPOWARD...

im not asking for a nerf of the PPU or anyclass atm cos id rather see bugs sorted, but..

you say you risk the most in dying, you are also the one class that has the least chance of dying, and if its in a op battle it dont matter cos you dont lose anything.

well the babysitting teams PPUs have just replaced hybrids, when i used to play my monk i would often sitback and do PPU thing buffing and resing people, so thats nothing diffrent, yeah i agree some people are very dependent on PPUs they just need to get out more in to the open wasteland to see they dont need one.

as for the fights, well used to have cool fun fights back before there was APus and PPus, so if it was viable not to have one i would go with out, but the fact is PPUs are still the most important factor in taking an op(unless its a ninja hack)

as for the treatment you recieve thats not on, and if i was PPU caving and some fucker comes at me with attitude he wouldnt get buffs.

if im with a PPU(normally only at ops fights thank you)i normally just say buffs plz or S & D plz or whatever, then wait see if i get em, quite often i do the ballsy(re stupid)thing of running in with fuck all buffs on

but its cos im so damn hard:D

Vampire222
06-01-04, 02:25
pk forgets hes like the best player eva....

Vince Kyzar
06-01-04, 02:28
i wholeheartedly agree with shadow dancer.

of course everyone is totally dependant .... but that's not their fault, its the fault of the game design that makes ppus essential to any pvp.

without a ppu you dont even have to start a fight if the enemy has one.

killing a ppu without apus is ... nearly impossible if the ppu can play well cause he will be without shelter/deflec for like 1-2 seconds and he still has holy heal.

so what is a ppu able to do ?

he can boost his team's damage, his team's defense, decrease the enemy's defense AND slow them down + curing poison AND detect stealth. OF COURSE its is stressful to play a ppu, i did it myself ... either its totally boring or stress² but thats because he is too important for other people so to me it only seems logical to nerf the ppu (or rather nerf the necessity of having ppu around in order to fight)

\\Fényx//
06-01-04, 02:39
Originally posted by ezza
im not asking for a nerf of the PPU or anyclass atm cos id rather see bugs sorted, but..

you say you risk the most in dying, you are also the one class that has the least chance of dying, and if its in a op battle it dont matter cos you dont lose anything.

well the babysitting teams PPUs have just replaced hybrids, when i used to play my monk i would often sitback and do PPU thing buffing and resing people, so thats nothing diffrent, yeah i agree some people are very dependent on PPUs they just need to get out more in to the open wasteland to see they dont need one.

as for the fights, well used to have cool fun fights back before there was APus and PPus, so if it was viable not to have one i would go with out, but the fact is PPUs are still the most important factor in taking an op(unless its a ninja hack)

as for the treatment you recieve thats not on, and if i was PPU caving and some fucker comes at me with attitude he wouldnt get buffs.

if im with a PPU(normally only at ops fights thank you)i normally just say buffs plz or S & D plz or whatever, then wait see if i get em, quite often i do the ballsy(re stupid)thing of running in with fuck all buffs on

but its cos im so damn hard:D

Yea back before APUs and PPUs, but wait, thats cause there were hybrids, and a hybrid with 116? PPU had full strength buffs, and there was no foreign cast malus either, plus a capped rez was 6 seconds, not the 24 seconds now...

Syntax-Error
06-01-04, 02:44
Ok. my thought like em or lump it :P

Anyhow. PPU. ok the nerf on the ress was. harsh. id say bring it up by 35% again

Tbh sort para and they would be ok. BUT there are too many wankers who are happy to rub it in people's faces that you cant kill them. and THAT my friends is why people scream nerf so much. becuase of the arrogant "cant kill me naa na na na na naaa" attetude. the simple fact is. if those said PPUs stoped acting the asshole. then the nerf threads would drop.

Psycho Killa
06-01-04, 02:45
Res was not six seconds when hybrids where around.

They where full strength buffs but not nearly as strong as they are now.

Heal wasnt as strong etc.

And i honestly dont think res should be lowered any further then it is at now. You shouldnt be able to res under extreme fire without help. You shouldnt mind waiting a WOPPING 24 WHOLE SECONDS that saves u several minute deimparing, fixing your inventory, getting poked, losing an item, and losing implant quality loss.

MindMaze
06-01-04, 02:49
Originally posted by Psycho Killa

They where full strength buffs but not nearly as strong as they are now.

Heal wasnt as strong etc.

Not to mention there weren't 100's of them on every damn server :p
A typical op fight would have 1, maybe 2 hybrids at most. I remember piercing doing a SHITLOAD of dmg to hybrids (remember northstar, pk?? :p)

shardl0r
06-01-04, 02:51
Thus all the more reason to nerf the importance of the PPU. I think thats what people are aiming for. Don't nerf the PPU, nerf his/her importance.

It will lower stress levels for the ol' ppus as well. They can market it as MMO thats healthy for you....

Psycho Killa
06-01-04, 02:51
Haha omg that was so long ago....

Thats when i first bumped into you....

Haha those where the fun days.

P.S. You active on pluto now? Im takin a week or two break to lose my aggravation and im pretty sure im returnin to pluto.

MindMaze
06-01-04, 02:54
Hell yeah, those days were awesome. I remember the epic tr vs gang fights. Now THOSE were real op fights!

Edit: Nah man, I cancelled my accounts about a week ago, and I have about 8 days left or so...

ezza
06-01-04, 02:56
Originally posted by MindMaze
Hell yeah, those days were awesome. I remember the epic tr vs gang fights. Now THOSE were real op fights!

Edit: Nah man, I cancelled my accounts about a week ago, and I have about 8 days left or so... bet you didnt have PPUs stuffed up your ass

MindMaze
06-01-04, 02:57
There were no ppus back then, ezza - only hybrids :p.

ezza
06-01-04, 02:58
There were no ppus back then, ezza - only hybrids :p. yeah exactly, so people can play without em

MindMaze
06-01-04, 03:01
yeah exactly, so people can play without em

Indeed, but only if both sides don't have them :lol:

Psycho Killa
06-01-04, 03:06
Yea thats what pisses me off. If you had a hybrid on the other side it wasnt certain impending doom.

Now an even fight one with a ppu one without IMPOSSIBLE for the team without to win unlesss the other team is full of nubs.

MindMaze
06-01-04, 03:24
Yah, pk's right. Also, I don't recall hybrids resurrecting people in mid fight back then. Parafucking wasn't as common either. Don't forget that spells couldn't have slots also. Pluto had several truely UBER hybrids: PK (or did you just become uber as a ppu? I don't remember :)), .cyl0n, Jinxed (or something like that), ob$oleet, kazper, CryptoChronic, and mummi. I'm sure I forgot more people, but you get the point - Out of 500 people on pluto there were only about 10 UBER hybrids. Now, out of 120 people on pluto, there are about 100 ppus .:lol:

Psycho Killa
06-01-04, 03:30
Yea I was a hybrid but I was a noob uber hybrid. Just learning the tricks of the trade at the time. At first I was gimped and didnt know it but it was fun....

I poked, repaired, could do everything a ppu could do, could drive a hovertech, and could attack :D

Then when I joined SS international I started to learn all the tricks and started becoming uber but didnt last all too long cuz thats when the nerfs started.

So many people didnt know force resist worked back then its not even funny.

Shadow Dancer
06-01-04, 03:44

I understand that Fenyx. I agree that PPU is the hardest to play, the most stressful, and the least rewarding(at least IMO). Which is why I always try to acommodate my ppus as much as possible.

But that is IRRELEVANT. You can't say a class is not unbalanced based on how much work they put into it. You have to look at the effect they have in pvp.

:(

Shad, ffs, Yesterday me and cliffraiser went to CRP on our own, 1 Tank 1 PPU, We took out a team that had 2 PPUs and 2 APUs plus 1 tank, they had 2 APUs, according to you I shoulda been dead,

Nah, I really don't care much for your "special" scenarios. Stop bringing up unique situations to prove your point. I'm talking about average fights with average people, or exceptional fights with exceptional people. not skilled people vs average people. And sometimes people don't paint the whole picture. Sometimes good ppus screw up. etc.... Please stop using special circumstances to prove your point. Me and Kramer(on his ppu) one took on a 8-9 clan member team and they had 2 ppus and a mid level ppu along with 2 apus and others. Oh yea, did I forget to mention that we took down 2 of them as soon as they came because they ran towards us too early, then took down 1 ppu, quickly trounced the mid-level ppu, ran around the gr to protect myself, etc.... Please, it sounds nice whne you say "i did this this and that", but we weren't there and there's usually more to it. Furthermore, your example involved an apu. Why are apus so important? What's the one thing they can do that other classes can't? HRMM LET ME THINK! Oh yea they can debuff. What's so speical about debuff? IT's biggest advantage is that it's a tremendous help in killing ppus. That's why it's so great. Further proving how important ppus are. And about the fight I had with kramer. SO WHAT? It's an exception to the rule. Sometimes skill + luck can do amazing things.

It reminds me of those people who said "i saw XXX take on 2 hybrids at once" back in the days when hybrids were overpowered. As if somehow that's supposed to mean something. Give me a break. Kramer took on 2 tanks at fight night once. Errr nvm, maybe I shouldn't mention that. :D :D :D

a PPU even with his own shelters on, hits the ground like a sack of shit to just ONE tank with a CS when their para'd and have TL 3 on them,

Yea ok.

Did you know Me and Kramer(on his ppu) killed pete the psi once at pp2? I guess that means 2 people can kill a ppu. LOLOO. No. That was a rare occurence. We both know damn well that people like Pete can easily survive an entire team if their aware. I'm pretty sure Pete just screwed up.

Then they slag us off because we didnt have a heal on them in a split second while they were running around like a headless chicken on speed with a firecracker up their asses .....

Then don't buff those people. :p

Originally posted by shardl0r
Thus all the more reason to nerf the importance of the PPU. I think thats what people are aiming for. Don't nerf the PPU, nerf his/her importance.

It will lower stress levels for the ol' ppus as well. They can market it as MMO thats healthy for you....

Exactly!

The only "direct" ppu nerf I want is to destroy PARALYZE!!! :p

Or make it pvp, heh.

Yah, pk's right. Also, I don't recall hybrids resurrecting people in mid fight back then. Parafucking wasn't as common either. Don't forget that spells couldn't have slots also. Pluto had several truely UBER hybrids: PK (or did you just become uber as a ppu? I don't remember :)), .cyl0n, Jinxed (or something like that), ob$oleet, kazper, CryptoChronic, and mummi. I'm sure I forgot more people, but you get the point - Out of 500 people on pluto there were only about 10 UBER hybrids. Now, out of 120 people on pluto, there are about 100 ppus .:lol:

I remember jinxed. Back when I was a noob apu, me and Uho almost got him. But alas he paralyzed us and ran off to heal. Then some guy came up and said "OMFG YOU GUYS HANDLED JINXED". I was like "?" kuz I didn't know who he was.

Damn, if I went back in time to that fight with the skillz I have now........ :D

petek480
06-01-04, 03:55
I'm pretty sure Pete just screwed up.

I never screw up;)

Shadow Dancer
06-01-04, 03:56
Originally posted by petek480
I never screw up;)

oh plz, u know damn well u never die to 2 people.

petek480
06-01-04, 04:03
oh plz, u know damn well u never die to 2 people.
Nope, I die to only 2 people all the time, even just one person sometimes.

MindMaze
06-01-04, 04:06

It's all because of that damn flashlight :p

petek480
06-01-04, 04:07
It's all because of that damn flashlight :p
If anything the flashlight makes me uber.

Ghanima
06-01-04, 04:14
Just remeber PPUs don't kill people other people do all the killing. They may help with boosts, shelter, deflectors and the like but they don't do the killing. If anything I think its is the general over powering of rare weapons vs. player soft and tender bodies that make it almost impossible to respond to an attack launched against you when your not watching for it. By backing off on weapons strength in pvp one could last longer and may not need the constant protection of a ppu and all the while a ppu would still be usefull in pvm. I think a balance between rare weapon strength and ppu powers is what is required and not a single sided nerfing.

Shadow Dancer
06-01-04, 04:19

o_O

You told Ghandi in the other thread that you don't die to 2 people.

petek480
06-01-04, 04:21
o_O

You told Ghandi in the other thread that you don't die to 2 people.
Yeah and that dick woudln't talk to me after i made that bet with him that two people couldn't kill me. I WANT MY 10 MIL!!!!!1

ServeX
06-01-04, 04:21

harbodus = god

MindMaze
06-01-04, 05:12
Originally posted by ServeX
harbodus = god

OH YEAHHHHHHH! Harb owned :)

Archeus
06-01-04, 10:31
Originally posted by Psycho Killa

Res was six seconds (fastest I saw was 3 seconds) providing you were a pure PPU with a constructed spell. You could also res from a good distance from the corpse (almost sniper range).

I hate Res now, but for fights it is perfect. Every group fight I have been in now, everyone ignores the PPU and just pumps everything into his friends. The PPU may be hard to die, but thier friends drop and don't get up, after they are gone the PPU is easy to kill or force away.

WOPPING 24 WHOLE SECONDS

You must have a nice spell/stats. I can't get it down to that quick.

Your also basing all PPUs on your stats, which taking a guess your more combat role based and capped something which a heck of a lot of PPUs simply do not have.

Sanch0s
06-01-04, 10:42
1) PPUS should be invincable, aslong as they cant affect your game.

2)Making ress so long has negative and positive effects, cant go into this.

Remove para, just remove it then PPUS can be invincable, its not like they can hurt me. Possiblly nerf dmg boost or tweak it somehow.

The worst thing about ppus was the fact that you couldent kill them, but they could ress team-mates to atatck you, with u being parad and dmg boosted.

Para removes pvp and is the single most annoying thing. Remove it.

It is true ppus are perople let them be invincable, if they try to ress they will get killed now, its not possible to ress a team without dying.

deac
06-01-04, 10:43

not true right now flamer tanks RAPE ppus if you can keep em slowed...

yesterday i died to a cs..... i was dmg boosted and my shelter ran out.... i tried to reshelter but noooooo........ then my heal ran out and wham one dead ppu....

Shadow Dancer
06-01-04, 11:08
Right, as I said a good ppu won't die to a team without an APU imo.

Oh yea, and give ppus some time to adapt to the devourer. Devourer only rapes people with no poison resist.

I'm also talking about GOOD ppus on the avg or typical fight. Please stop with these "exceptions" that are supposed to mean something. I killed cryptochronic in pp1 when he was a hybrid back before the nerf.

OMG, i guess that means hybrids were perfectly fine. :rolleyes:

Archeus
06-01-04, 11:10
Oh yea, and give ppus some time to adapt to the devourer. Devourer only rapes people with no poison resist.

Until people change weapons. PPUs cant be immune to everything.

Shadow Dancer
06-01-04, 11:11
*sigh*, where's psycho killa when you need him.

Sovellis
06-01-04, 11:18
Think about it FFS ppus arnt supposed to flippin die. They are there to help everyone else. They are the ones that get in the thick of it and cant shoot anything. Thats the whole point.

As a MONK you have TWO choices for the stupid lot of u

APU: POWERFUL ATTACKER = FAIRLY WEAK DEFENDER

PPU: STRONG DEFENDED = UNABLE TO ATTACK

At the end of the day ppus are worse of than apus in my opinion. This is coming from me and im not even a ppu.

So i leave it on one last statement.

PPUS MAKE THE GAME CHALLENGING. The way in which a PPU might storm into a fortress alone to rez a dead member and then all of a sudden the entire defending force storms him while he does a 1 minute rez. Thats a lot of shit to put up with. But then while everyone changes direction the rest of the enemies storm the op. PPUs bring strategy into the game... dont know bout u

Have fun!

Original monk
06-01-04, 12:50
is this ppu shizly wizzly izzles still busy ?

daamn, well all you playerhaters then restart posting in youre siggy's that they gotta be nerfed again :P

i say its cool as it is now :)

-PE's can kill PPU's with PE/libby when they tl3 heal and give em noobshelters (ya gotta love the noobiegroupshelter/deflector)

-apu's can still debuff and HL-spam ppu's

-even a hybrid can kill a PPU .... killed a ppu yesterday by antibuffin and holy energyhalo-ing :P he yust didnt recast fast enough hehe ;P

-and ffcourse a tank with the nice nice poisonflamer :P the one with the swirly ffcourse :P

-a spy can euh, well he can euh, he can log to another char :P

THEY ASKED: HOW ABOUT A SOLUTION THAT DIDNT INVOLVE MONKEY's

THEY GOT A SOLUTION THAT DIDNT ENVOLVE MONKEY'S

now whats the problem ??

shelters on other persons been nerfed, paraspam doesnt happen no more: yust takes too long to cast and when a ppu rezzes someone; ya can kill em when he's buffs run out, or still use lowlevel buffs and tl3 heal ...

so leave PPu's alone, or wont ya guys stop until a PE gets a ppupistol (like the vehiculeguns) that only work and do major damage on PPU's ? ........

yust remove PPu's and unnerf the hybrids ? is that what ya want ?? i dunno lol, but its fine by me :P

talking about nerfs and stuff ?? make stealth SPY-only or make blessed spells PSI-only :) now thats a nerf

enjoy discussing ppu's :)

deac
06-01-04, 12:56
ppus are fine right now.... the rezz nerf made it all good.... soo what if you have a hard time killing the ppu? its not like he can do anything once all the attackers are gone...

balance achived, stop crying.

Original monk
06-01-04, 13:12
Originally posted by deac
ppus are fine right now.... the rezz nerf made it all good.... soo what if you have a hard time killing the ppu? its not like he can do anything once all the attackers are gone...

well, the things ya said here about them PPU's: i must agree a 100%:

Aaaaaaa freakin MEN

Amen

Rai Wong
06-01-04, 13:32
Yeah apart from the droners sob everything else is balanced, not to mention that spies were never meant to be pvp fighters, they need to allow us to tweak the clipping range.

sure if I was me PE and I encounter an APU with a PPU I lose, but I think if I was with a tank we can just quickly take out the APU with my damage boost, and chase the PPU after because he can only paralyze, and we have antishock fluids

whats the inbalance I ask?

Rai Wong
06-01-04, 13:34
Originally posted by Original monk
well, the things ya said here about them PPU's: i must agree a 100%:

Aaaaaaa freakin MEN

Amen

Yes when people can't kill somebody they scream nerf, but mind you the PPU is meant to be the master of defensive psi, as the APU is the master of offensive psi, maybe the thing is the PPU should not be able to bring defensive advantages to other players :P

TheEnemy
06-01-04, 13:58
Don't tell me PPUs can't attack. Freeze is worse than death, and damage boost is almost as bad.

If PPUs are so "stressful" to play then why do you bother? Obviously because they provide such an unfair advantage.

steweygrrr
06-01-04, 14:00
I think people need to spend more time hunting solo in places like BattleDome or I_10. The only time I die there is when I do something stupid like charge in or get caught without cover. I try to do the same at OP fights (even though I get like 8fps) and it generally works. And before anyone says anything about me hunting WBs, titans, brutes and horries solo:

No im not a PE of any kind
Im not a 'CS' (read: HC) tank
Im not a Melee tank
Im not an APU (I do have one but hes not as good as my main char)

Im a Pistol Spy i.e someone with crap defence, buff and heal potential.

Anna
06-01-04, 14:02
Originally posted by TheEnemy
Don't tell me PPUs can't attack. Freeze is worse than death, and damage boost is almost as bad.

If PPUs are so "stressful" to play then why do you bother? Obviously because they provide such an unfair advantage.
ppus cant attack, how the hell are we supposed to damage someone or do an epic kill? damageboost and junkknive? thats bull
and the reason i rerolled my tank into a ppu (way before monkocron) is because we started losing fights to tr just because they had more monks then we did (hybrids at the time)

06-01-04, 14:07
PPUs suck. I find the "PPU-type" class stupid in every MMORPG.

Velvet
06-01-04, 14:24
Originally posted by Kasumi
When I played a PPU I never thought it was stressful. Everyone was always so polite to me and stuff when they asked for thing. :) Than again I never PvPed with my PPU so I guess I should shut up now. :) Oh well. :)

*sigh*
I`m not that good and it`s stress for me being a PPU. All that people running around AND thinking i can do three things at the same time...:(

But you`re right: Everyone is polite:D

In my opinion everyone should take a time out and reconsider their point of view........
No,no,no! Reconsider again..........
O.K.
Is it possible to live with the current situation?
Thought about the lousy PPU`s like me? (No, i don`t want to be "uber" but there`s a lot of us out there of all classes:p )
And?

Thanks for the attentiveness:)

steweygrrr
06-01-04, 14:29

Damage boost isn't an attack its a supporting spell. Freeze imho was intended to let PPUs escape from a dangerous situation.

Scikar
06-01-04, 14:41
I would get off PPU's backs if:

1) They stopped posting reams and reams of bullshit.

2) They stopped whining about the bugs, thinking that for some reason fixing a PPU's bugs is more important than fixing drone bugs.

3) Parashock removed.

4) Tank/PPU vs Tank/PE is a balanced fight.

Saying learn to fight without a PPU is not a valid argument. Hold a tournament Fenix, you and Cliff vs any team of 2 tanks/PEs/APUs and there is no way you'll lose. The only way you could lose a 2v2 with no PPU on the other team is if there was a hybrid on the other team.

Devourer is not a good argument either, a half good PPU won't die to a Devourer. The ones who will are the ones who are using copied setups rather than ones they have created for themselves and can adapt.

When a PPU is working by himself with a team of 10 people, fighting a losing battle, and somebody runs up to him while he's ressurecting, and being antibuffed, and the noob asks him for haz and pistol buff, then yes I'm sympathetic. But that's very much cancelled out by the callous parashock, DB, gank of newbies which is the norm these days. In the days of Starkes you used to be able to run away, especially after the freezer nerf. As soon as everyone started bringing their PPU bitches the poor newbs getting ganked stand no chance, because the first thing they know about PKers is when they get stuck to the floor with holy para. And there's only the PPUs to blame for that.

Scikar
06-01-04, 14:44
Originally posted by steweygrrr
Damage boost isn't an attack its a supporting spell. Freeze imho was intended to let PPUs escape from a dangerous situation.

DB works very well with Soul Clusters. And regardless of what parashock was intended for, it's the single reason why PPUs ruin PvP, and is almost never used purely defensively.

Archeus
06-01-04, 14:47
yea para is a bit borked at the moment. I am sure they are going to fix the glue on the lower level ones.

As for holy para.. Most of my mana gone in one shot and the shot takes 12 seconds. By the time I have hit them they can pop a pill and be back to running at full speed in 1 second. does sod all damage.

Damage boost. Can't be stacked and in most cases just forces the person to retreat if they are just attacking me. Again drugs can be used to counter the effects of it.

The only thing that does damage is a soul cluster and as someone who uses it a lot I can tell you now they can be disabled (or turned to a mild annoyance at best) very easy in a number of ways.

Vampire222
06-01-04, 15:12
@ shadow dancer

http://sites.theplunge.com/pages/tplDetails.asp?key=KZ33N-1CX25v

TheEnemy
06-01-04, 15:15
PPUs are the only class I always run from. I'd rather have another 2 spies or PEs or tanks or apus to deal with than 1 PPU. Although the things they cast on me cannot kill me alone, in a fight they effectively harm me more than one person of another class can. So don't tell me they can't attack me. Idiots.

Archeus
06-01-04, 15:29
So don't tell me they can't attack me. Idiots.

We mean, they can't kill you. In a one on one the non-ppu would have to absolutly suck at PvP now to be killed by a PPU, or be totally outclassed (in rank).

•Super|\|ova•
06-01-04, 16:32
Well, PPUs are fine atm (in my opinion) but as many ppl say - PEs need a nerf! That's inevitable. It must be done. Long have ppl been shouting and demanding for nerfs for (usually) other classes than they play themself but when it comes to their own class they become blind and deny all the simple facts. Just face it.

ezza
06-01-04, 16:36
Originally posted by •Super|\|ova•
PEs need a nerf!

i hope your joking.

PEs dont need a nerf, they dont rule the game in the way that monks have/do

\\Fényx//
06-01-04, 16:39
not true right now flamer tanks RAPE ppus if you can keep em slowed...

yesterday i died to a cs..... i was dmg boosted and my shelter ran out.... i tried to reshelter but noooooo........ then my heal ran out and wham one dead ppu....

Yep that was cliffraiser aswell :p at the tezla border :) then I got aggro of 3 TG guards and they raped me in about half a second when my shelters dropped :(

I do Believe that Parashock should be removed, Half the para range of spells all do the same efect, Para barrel and holy para barrel also do the same effect, Para's fucked and instead of wasting time fixing and tweaking it, just remove the whole range of spells.

PPU wont die to devourer, tbh its basically the direct fire damage that hurts more than the poison, but then again, ive specced poison so i must be a exception eh shad :rolleyes:

Its the fact that the PPU class is there to help everyone, remove the para and then leave the damn PPUs alone, I very rarely have parashock in my belt, OP wars all I normally bring is a barrel, I play 'defensive' as in I have anti stun/poison in my belt, group shelts etc, heal and heal group, At the last 2-3 events, All ive done is go around rezzing people, the CRP event I followed BA Baracus around rezing the ppl He PK'd ffs, Not cause i found it fun, but to atleast make it a better event for the rest cause their not dead the whole time.

Simon, my rez was at 24 seconds to cast, I believe capped is 24 seconds aswell as ive seen others with that time but nobody faster, now im at 27 seconds cause ive lommed a bit :\

L0KI
06-01-04, 16:42
I dont play a PPU, and never rely on one to keep me alive. I keep myself alive.

There are players however that cannot do that, and require constant attention from PPUs - hence, i think they need to stay in game - and NOT be nerfed

The only thing that PPU's need changing is freezer. GET RID OF IT.

PPU's are killable if you do it right. if for example you stack them off the screen with poison, they cant see when the s/d has worn off, and have to keep recasting whilst also rehealing/anti poisoning themselves.

PPU's are a hard class to kill, but THATS THE FUCKIN POINT. I dont think PPU's Ruin PvP, i think freezers ruin PvP. If you dont have a PPU to holy heal/s/d yourself, and the enemy does, GET ONE!

It really is that simple.

•Super|\|ova•
06-01-04, 16:47
i hope your joking.

Not in that way but they are overpowered mostly by being able to use stealth devices. Take stealth devices from them and it's quite ok in my opinion. Oh, btw... just for your information; even a minor problem is still a problem.

L0KI
06-01-04, 16:54
Originally posted by •Super|\|ova•
Not in that way but they are overpowered mostly by being able to use stealth devices. Take stealth devices from them and it's quite ok in my opinion. Oh, btw... just for your information; even a minor problem is still a problem.

dont get rid of stealth for PE's. I play a PE and havent used stealth for almost 2 months. Simply put drug flash on it, basically so that it deterrs those morons that run around PP stealthing all the live long fucking day.

Sometimes stealth can save your life. I used to use it in op wars when on 20 HP and certainly going to die. I used it to scout UG's etc.

Its useful, but in most cases, overused.

Archeus
06-01-04, 17:11
Simon, my rez was at 24 seconds to cast, I believe capped is 24 seconds aswell as ive seen others with that time but nobody faster, now im at 27 seconds cause ive lommed a bit :\

Yea 3 seconds was pre-nerfage that I had seen from some of the capped PPU's. I could never get it below 20 seconds'ish.

The new rez is annoying. I got a 5 slot normal rez made and capped but it stills a minute. :/

As for para. Holy Para is nerfed enough to make it useless to anyone who carries drugs. I say remove all but the rare para from the game. The reason I say leave it, is because there are some people (even beyond good PPUs) that can't die unless they are slowed down and TBH I don't want to here another round of nerfages to these people the second para is removed (plus they would have drugs to counter).

•Super|\|ova•
06-01-04, 17:11
There. You said it yourself. See?

Candaman
06-01-04, 17:12
The ppu nerf was harsh but fair imho there is nothing else that can be done to them unless u want to kill the remove the fucking para shock or at least nerf it to fuck at op fites everyone is more cautious cus they know they die and there is little chance of them getting back up i even actually see people gr'ing out mid fight which never used to happen well apart from a long time ago getting repoked and heading back to the op (the way it should be) everything is good except the god damn fucking super sticky can't think let alone move PARA

Cannings

Shadow Dancer
06-01-04, 19:03

So says a ppu. :lol:

When the ppu isn't the end all be all of combat and doesn't have about 50x the importance of other classes, only THEN will their be balance.

If PPUs are so "stressful" to play then why do you bother?

I know. I'm so damn tired of this "poor me" martry mentality.

Originally posted by Scikar
I would get off PPU's backs if:

1) They stopped posting reams and reams of bullshit.

2) They stopped whining about the bugs, thinking that for some reason fixing a PPU's bugs is more important than fixing drone bugs.

3) Parashock removed.

4) Tank/PPU vs Tank/PE is a balanced fight.

Saying learn to fight without a PPU is not a valid argument. Hold a tournament Fenix, you and Cliff vs any team of 2 tanks/PEs/APUs and there is no way you'll lose. The only way you could lose a 2v2 with no PPU on the other team is if there was a hybrid on the other team.

Devourer is not a good argument either, a half good PPU won't die to a Devourer. The ones who will are the ones who are using copied setups rather than ones they have created for themselves and can adapt.

When a PPU is working by himself with a team of 10 people, fighting a losing battle, and somebody runs up to him while he's ressurecting, and being antibuffed, and the noob asks him for haz and pistol buff, then yes I'm sympathetic. But that's very much cancelled out by the callous parashock, DB, gank of newbies which is the norm these days. In the days of Starkes you used to be able to run away, especially after the freezer nerf. As soon as everyone started bringing their PPU bitches the poor newbs getting ganked stand no chance, because the first thing they know about PKers is when they get stuck to the floor with holy para. And there's only the PPUs to blame for that.

Scikar>u
And I especially agree with #1.

Originally posted by Vampire222
@ shadow dancer

http://sites.theplunge.com/pages/tplDetails.asp?key=KZ33N-1CX25v

o_O

i hope your joking.

I agree. I think their stealth shoudl get a nerf and I no way do they deserve get out of jail free card, but I wouldn't mind if it wasn't. Now I WOULD mind if ppus weren't "balanced". Pes are NO WHERE near as bad as ppus IMO.

Originally posted by L0KI

There are players however that cannot do that, and require constant attention from PPUs - hence, i think they need to stay in game - and NOT be nerfed

Oh god, please tell me you're joking.

IF any player NEEDS constant attention from a ppu, then that's his own damn fault and his LEARNED dependence.

Candaman
06-01-04, 19:15
When the ppu isn't the end all be all of combat and doesn't have about 50x the importance of other classes, only THEN will their be balance.

Y the fuck should the ppu not be the last one alive. Thats the last char that people target ie making him last alive by default also the fact wtf is he gonna do rape u with para at 35/min onoz run away. Or maybe he might rez someone within 24 without someone noticing who's fault is that u can cast antibuff in about 6 seconds that gives u 18 seconds to find and start casting shouldn't be so hard for someone as 1337 as u shad as u seem to know all and be all

Shadow Dancer
06-01-04, 19:21
Originally posted by Candaman
Y the fuck should the ppu not be the last one alive. Thats the last char that people target ie making him last alive by default also the fact wtf is he gonna do rape u with para at 35/min onoz run away. Or maybe he might rez someone within 24 without someone noticing who's fault is that u can cast antibuff in about 6 seconds that gives u 18 seconds to find and start casting shouldn't be so hard for someone as 1337 as u shad as u seem to know all and be all

I'm not talking about being the last one alive when I say end all be all. I mean this "oh, we have no ppus on? We can't take an op" or "oh we only have 1 and they have 6? Damn" and shit like that.

As for antibuff, only apus have that. That's not good enough when you compare it to the iMPORTANCE of a ppu. You can't combine ultra high defense/near unkillability WITH ultra high importance. That just reeks of imbalance.

Candaman
06-01-04, 19:36
and the fact that anyone a ppu rez's can be put back down in 3 seconds flat b4 any buffs are even cast on him makes the ppu able to do what exactly heal and buff (their role in the game) so how is this unbalancing just because other people have come to rely on a ppu does not make a class unbalanced it makes the other classes to afraid to fite alone

Spex
06-01-04, 19:39
It's already known that the paraspells are "overpowered". You cannot remove them, though, as parts of the game have to be changed, respective new things have to be added then (I talk about the epics and missions in general ... how are PPUs supposed to kill a NPC / runner without spells like holy parashock bolt? And I doubt KK wants to add special epic texts just for one character-subclass ... and you cannot force PPUs to skill things like P-C, melee or whatever just for this).

I know that Parashock can be evil (it got used on me, too), and it's known to KK that the whole spell-line has been "fixed" in a wrong way. Crying for nerfs of the para-spells is nothing more like spamming now, they will be changed with the next patch. But its the only damage-dealing thing of a pure PPU. If the para-spells get removed, fine, but if I'm not able to solve epics or other missions anymore it will be my turn to start whining posts regulary ... and I doubt you will like it.

All the other stuff of a PPU is fine in my opinion (except for the brainless soulclusters, if they actually would work, you can remove this para-line; but they are sooo bugged ...).

deac
06-01-04, 19:46
So says a ppu. :lol:

Im also a pe tank and spy...

no one can solo kill a ppu but 3-4 ppl can.. alteast if you got a ppu around to freeze... seems fair....

You really need to go to more op fights shadow its seems you lost touch with reality :)

Archeus
06-01-04, 19:47
Originally posted by Spex
All the other stuff of a PPU is fine in my opinion (except for the brainless soulclusters, if they actually would work, you can remove this para-line; but they are sooo bugged ...).

1. Cast soul cluster.
2. Select lowest level soul cluster spell from belt.
3. Look at target you want attacked (even if friendly)
4. Fire spell.

Bingo you now have a fully working soul cluster. Buff it with shields to make sure it doesn't get thrown halfway across the map.

Picked a wrong target or want to call off the attack use Holy distract mind.

The only real problem with a soul cluster is that epic kills don't register with it.

In op wars the Soul Cluster is useless except as an annoyance, or if you target a stealther it will follow them and give you a general idea where the stealther is running to.

Shadow Dancer
06-01-04, 20:05

no one can solo kill a ppu but 3-4 ppl can.. alteast if you got a ppu around to freeze... seems fair....

3-4 ppl with a ppu? :lol: Ok thanks for missing my point sun. You have yet to counter my point about ppus being too important.

You really need to go to more op fights shadow its seems you lost touch with reality :)

I'm very much in touch with reality, thank you. You're the one who's so "ppu" ingrained that you can't even see what i'm talking about. 3-4 ppl WITH a ppu to kill a ppu, and you think that's "fair"? Lol, and somehow ppus don't have super high defense or near invincibility? Ok :lol:

g0rt
06-01-04, 20:07
PPUs are the bitches of neocron lets face it, I don't like 'em cuz no one ever WANTS to play them, so I find myself on MY ppu 9/10 times at op fights, when I would rather be playing my tank, apu or even spy.

Bah...ppuage.

LTA
06-01-04, 20:58
Im also a pe tank and spy...

as long as the ppu dosent have cath sanct running or the holy antistun which takes what heal time to cast a little more or less but i know it's fast as i used to use it all the time when ppl tried ye old Glue and Mass Gank the ppu... anti shock heal run.... anti shock anti shock till somewhere safe ....

heh my ppu dosent even res anymore, just tell everyone to gr to the place we started poke everyone wait a few mins and then off we go

and if you killed enough enemy you could probably come catch their ppu ressin :p

Candaman
06-01-04, 21:17
Originally posted by g0rt
PPUs are the bitches of neocron lets face it, I don't like 'em cuz no one ever WANTS to play them, so I find myself on MY ppu 9/10 times at op fights, when I would rather be playing my tank, apu or even spy.

Bah...ppuage.

I hear that