PDA

View Full Version : turrets in TH

joran420
05-01-04, 21:57
KK should lower their spawn time quite a bit to 15-20 mins imho this would actually make raiding TH somewhat possible cause atm it is fully impossible to raid TH

Zanathos
05-01-04, 21:58
Betcha FA runners finally feel safe to be inside their Haven though :lol:

sanityislost
05-01-04, 22:02
lol we still get ppl raiding mb so it isnt impossible

Hayato
05-01-04, 22:03
*raises fist to Joran

STAY OUT DAMN SECT FOOLS!!!

:D

Archeus
05-01-04, 22:07
Its not impossible, even if your hostile. What it does do is cuts down on your chances of escaping (getting in is easy, getting out well... :D )

joran420
05-01-04, 22:10
where do you go to...i went in all the way to the GR ...but there is too many turrets and they spawn too fast

[edit] the only safe spot i saw is the hallway right where u come in and the tunnel to runner housing...all you can do is blow up turrets and hope some FA come to try and kill you

Tupac
05-01-04, 22:38
hey i got a fan! "looks at Hayato"

2ply
06-01-04, 01:33
Yeah, either lower the spawn time or just lower the turrets period. Raiding places was the thing that kept me interested (don't like op fights, always get shit fps/synch constantly, so raids are the only thing I can do really..)

Agreed 100%.

Archeus
06-01-04, 02:03
The secret is... well not to fight

ezza
06-01-04, 02:06
well the thing is they stuck all the turrets and raised the guards to 120/120 cos those factions are for pussies who want to hold hands and have flowers in there hair.

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

with no one in PP and only 2 enemies at the MB bunker i had no one to PK

Psychoninja
06-01-04, 02:11
there are 30+ turrets in TH sec 2 I think.
A bit much no? and they're 120/120....

All KK is doing by having over powered guards by the masses in certain areas is narrowing all fighting to OP. Not that it's a bad thing, but there has to be some street rivalry too. I can't even go into PP1 anymore to fight. Lower the number of guards and rank who are at street level.

Birkoff
06-01-04, 02:11
I totally agree... bring fun abck to raiding.... atm its impossible. Slowing spawn would be kick ass :)

Mr_Snow
06-01-04, 04:16
TH turrets should only spawn every 2 or 3 hours to make it possible for people to raid. This goes for all faction guards so raiding can be brought back into the game.

VetteroX
06-01-04, 05:58
they should lessen the turrets, lower the rank, and make em respawn every few hours... same with mb and tg, and all faction guards.

tuxy
06-01-04, 06:02
i know ffs raiding is so much fun (and not just for the attacker)
please bring back raiding
nc is ment to be a game where you have to watch your back all the time now there are so many areas that are totaly safe :(

Q`alooaith
06-01-04, 06:02
from what MJ said all faction HQ's are going to become safezone's, and all other safezone's are out with DoY...

though I'm just guessing from what he said..

anyway, how much would you complain if the TT guard's spawn rate was cut to 15-20 min's and FA people started to raid your HQ 24/7 to get faction point's...?

tuxy
06-01-04, 06:06
Originally posted by Q`alooaith

anyway, how much would you complain if the TT guard's spawn rate was cut to 15-20 min's and FA people started to raid your HQ 24/7 to get faction point's...?

well im not tt but i am enemy to fa so hmm sounds good id probably come to defend it :)

Q`alooaith
06-01-04, 06:09
Ok, whatever faction you are, if your faction HQ was to suddenly have it's guard's spawn's cut to 15-20 min's per spawn, and all your faction enemy came in and started blasting you as you came in...

Though it's not a very good example, since TT and other city faction's don't have to worry about getting mugged coming out of their apt's..

tuxy
06-01-04, 06:15
i cant see it as being a big problem , all id have to do is round up as many allies as i can and after a fierce but fun battle the problem should be sorted , if it wasnt id be left thinking wtf am i doing in this faction they cant pvp :P

Q`alooaith
06-01-04, 06:23
Ok tuxy, now think of every day, another clan attack's, and this happen's each day as your leaving your apt to level..

each day the number of allie's you can call dwindle's as people get tired of fighting for nothing..

the FA people, TH is not only their HQ but their home like MB is home to CM and the cannyon is home to TG, no other faction's have the same problem, as the other faction's housing is far enough away from their HQ that they don't have to worry about getting out of the line of fire while the dayly attack is going on..

Imagine trying to get a poke in plasa and a clan wander in, blast you and the poker both.. this is what you are doing in TH when you attack, you are going into their plasa and killing their Trader skiller's, their newb's and uncapped runner's..

how'd you feel to have it happen to you, and then get some defence aganst it a little peace or at least a warning enough to flee, and then everyone complain's that it's too hard to gank you now cause everyone leg's it when the gun's start blasting.

tuxy
06-01-04, 06:27
law enforcer :) i remember tg had no problem defending the canyons from when i used to raid it, it was normaly 20 on 1 same goes for mb.
what is it about fa's are they special in some way and cant defend themselves with out over powered guards/turrets?

Q`alooaith
06-01-04, 06:32
Originally posted by tuxy
law enforcer :)

So you'd wear your LE, an miss out on clan's, and some fun PvP... getting ganked in your HQ, not fun, going to an outpost and battling for it, fun..

currently you can still attack TH, though you have to choose your spot's and route, and be biffed by PPU's constantly..

this is good, mean's it's not somthing you do lightly, it's somthing you plan and plan hard, where you get large number's of people to swamp the defence's so even as they blast half your number you still have enough to kick ass..

tuxy
06-01-04, 06:38
where are you going to get those kind of numbers the servers are severly underpopulated

and i dont think all hq's should have got the boost just because fa are incapable of pvp
i realise my coments may not be ture on all servers but thats what used to happen on saturn , go to the canyons or mb and u knew you were up aginst it go to th and fa just gave up

Q`alooaith
06-01-04, 06:41
Go raid MB or TG, and see how long you last..

TH used to be easy because the bot's where shyt, now it's got propper defences...

It's not about weather FA player's can PvP or not, it's about fairness, they started with the weakest HQ guard's now they have decent one's. everyone that used to PK at TH are now yelling out loud because they can't PK so easy..

Guy, if you knew your guard's could not help you and the force was stronger, would you stay and lose gear?

OK, time to stop this little dissagreement.. Before the mod's get upset.

tuxy
06-01-04, 06:43
my point is why raise the defence in all hq's? curently even mb and the cayons who are perfectly capable of defending themselves have very very powerful guards

Q`alooaith
06-01-04, 06:44
Originally posted by tuxy
my point is why raise the defence in all hq's?

Because safe zone's are getting removed.

Originally posted by Martin J. Schwiezer
Well, thanks for all the positive feedback. Neocron will definitely not become a carebear's paradise.

With the release of DoY, we will remove the current safe zones and make the bars, clubs and faction HQs the only safe zones in the whole game. This will bring more attention and importance to the HQs and clubs, while it will become more dangerous to travel between them.

Reading between the line's look's like HQ's might even become safe zone's...

tuxy
06-01-04, 06:46
well shouldnt they implement them both in the same patch atm they have realy limited pvp opportunities
could i have a link to the post where they said safe zones are being removed if you have a link handy i misssed that one

Psyco Groupie
06-01-04, 07:16
*yawn* :rolleyes:

Archeus
06-01-04, 10:19
What the whiners fail to realise is that raids still happen. However the turrets protect the people who don't want to fight and the fights localised and contained.

DARK attacked TH last weekend. Everyone that could fight went and fought them. Fight was localised to TH SEC3 and then to outside of TH in much larger numbers (and I got to drive a Rhino :D ). If they weren't fought against they would of made it to TH SEC2 and caused hassle.

Trades people and pokers were all safe within the Tech Haven walls.

Q`alooaith is right. The majority of TH population during raids were in no position to defend themselves and for the Angels who could it became a full time job.

Pluto for example, Angels never really held an op for 7-8 months. They were too busy defending the city, when they did take an op the idiot portion of the owners would come to TH and cap anyone who was there. The result? TH turned into a ghost town and everyone went to Plaza 1.

Since the trurrets have been in the city, fights still go on but people feel a hell of a lot safer and actual trades goes on. Also the FA are actually taking Ops.

You think its not fun with them there? Wait until safezones vanish from the city and see how much fun you will have. :p

Magnazan
06-01-04, 11:32
I actually like the turrets but then again i'm now FA so i would. One thing it does allow tho is trade skillers and people to LOM somewhere else than the city.

Hell-demon
06-01-04, 11:35
Also TH has lots of trade skillers so now they can work in piece:)

joran420
06-01-04, 20:37
DARK attacked TH last weekend. Everyone that could fight went and fought them. Fight was localised to TH SEC3 and then to outside of TH in much larger numbers (and I got to drive a Rhino ). If they weren't fought against they would of made it to TH SEC2 and caused hassle.

what u dont realize is i am dark ...and there was no way we were goin any further cause of the damn turrets so we just stayed killin the turrets hopin some FA would show up

we tried goin to sec 2 and it is not a possibility to get there and cause problems first of all if we got there we wouldnt be able to cause any trouble at all cause the turrets own you even with a PPU

Archeus
06-01-04, 21:38
Talk to Skuld. He made it all the way into TH SEC2 with reasonable ease and if he had known the actual full layout of the turrets he might of made it out alive too.

joran420
07-01-04, 02:36
does anyone have a map of TH showing all turrets?

El Barto
07-01-04, 12:58
Its not impossable, well not as a neutral faction anyway, I ahve raided TH with the turrets there b4, not that hard (turret wise that is), but if your an enemy faction I can see what you mean.