PDA

View Full Version : OP - waste of time as is.

Syntax-Error
05-01-04, 16:19
They really are a pointless waste of time right now.

The fact is they are WAY to hard to defend. and MUCH to easy to take. We had a long talk in faction the other day about this and we decided on a rough idea :

Each op would have three states :

1 : Active
The OP is available to be hacked. Gives bonus's and underground is powered.

2 : Inactive
The OP is unhackable. no bonus are given. no power to underground

3 : Free
Available to hack. Owned by no one. no bonus. no power to underground

The thing that dictates these states is :

Each OP would take a Upkeep cost ( cash wise ) per OP
Each OP would require an ammount of people to be online for it too be active. ( say 2-3 people. or maybe a % of the clan )
If an OP becomes inactive for a week it becomes free and the previous owner cannot re-take the OP untill it becomes free a second time. ( this would stop some abuse )

Also an OP would require atleast 10 people per OP in the clan. without those people an OP would not be hackable. ( so a clan of 30 could take upto 3 OPs only)

Tratos
05-01-04, 16:24
seems good, but i dont like that last line, as the server pops are pretty low and stuff.

~T

El Barto
05-01-04, 19:11
Sounds good, but I don't think it would work. Whats to stop one clan taking all the OPs then locking the GRs and making it unhackable. I know you said only one OP per 10 people in the clan, but the servers are just not populated enough for that to work well (as some one said above), maybe if BDoY brought a load more people into the game then this idea would work then, but atm I don't think it would work all that well.

Having said that OPs should have to have an upkeep cost, this should be items and not cash. The OP gives you cash so if you charge for the up keep you might as well just decrease the money coming in from the OP. Say for factories you will have to take some chems or parts there, labs will need data cubes etc etc. Also Uplink OPs need to be made usefull, currntly not all of them even have hackable mobs in the sector and are totaly useless, the ones that do have hackable mobs in them, are still useless really.

With BDoY a total OP make over would be nice, changing the looks, likew make a factory actully look like a factory etc.

Candaman
05-01-04, 19:37
Also what if u need a op and its bonus's to do some constructing/ressing and there isn't enough online to do it

Syntax-Error
05-01-04, 19:51
A good reason to have it. So people wouldnt take an OP if there not active. they would get a bonus from an allies OP

Comie
05-01-04, 19:56
hey i recognise those ideas.. tho there a little harsher

they should be the upkeep is based on the amounty of runners required to 'run' and op

to take one op and hold it yu need a % of yur clan on line for it to be Active
e.g. 3%

therefore a 10 man clan would need 3 ppl on to keep the op active

then it accumilates with every other op yu take and hold

eg
3% for 1 op
4% for 2 ops
5% for 3 ops

and so on and so forth the active and inactive as syntax stated, but the op goes neutral/unclaimed if said clan dont have the upkeep members for a period of time the op goes unclaimed and the gr goes all and anyone is free to hack

however if the original clan does want to hack it back then rather than getting the full amount of time to for the inactive period before it goes free they get a less amount of time (like SI when yu double GR... etc)

Leebzie
05-01-04, 20:12
Put some proper gates around ops, HUGE hackable doors, and allow more turrets around them/combined into walls etc. Yea, you'd have one HELL of a fight to take it, but you'd have your reward kept secure by the same system.

Make a 3 hack door system with 2 min spaces. Make these things really like fortresses.

Put more facilities in an OP, make it so the clan can really live and work out there. Though each clan would probably hold a max of 2-3 ops (as I really think it should be) they would find them a lot more useful.

I cannot think of an easier solution to ninja atm really, though tougher defence requires much more force, so no 3 man teams goin around ninja'in

Cruzbroker
05-01-04, 20:35
When clan goes inactive (less than % players online). The gates of the OP close but the gates are still hackable (by some uber 150+). If the op is inactive long enough (say 18h real time), and there's not % players for few hours (3-6?) online during that time: the op goes free to all.

Upkeep cost: the less you get money, the bigger the bonus is. ie. it's 10k every hour now? and gives +50 to owner... how about, 3k = +50, 5k = +40 and so on.

g0rt
05-01-04, 20:50
this gets discussed once a week at least

every week me and kimmyg say the same thing:

copy shadowbane's bane system

im not gonna spend another 10 minutes trying to explain to you how it works, but take my word for it...it ensures everyones there and theres always a BIG fight, and theres no way to "ninja".

SovKhan
05-01-04, 20:59
those changes promote a huge clan size, and in general less pvp. i hate them.

Archeus
05-01-04, 21:49
Originally posted by Syntax-Error
The fact is they are WAY to hard to defend. and MUCH to easy to take.

Hard to defend and easy to take? Is that not the opposite?

The problem isn't that they are hard to defend. I have seen some really nice defended ops (in how the turrets are laid out and how the owners react). The problem is that some people really suck at setting up and maintaining ops. (To be honest FA clans are really only starting to get into the whole taking ops so a bit to learn in things like actual planning what to do and sticking to it).

Easy to take? If you don't have the resources to defend an op (be it turrets/people) then you don't deserve to keep it. Quite simple, none of this 'Ooh you shouldn't take the op because we have less/more/same number of people on as you' or 'We can't fight now let us keep the op'. I am a bit sick of it TBH, and after someone posted on channel the other day how much a certain clan made in cash from holding ops and not having to fight I think a hell of a lot more clans/factions should be fighting for ops at every chance they get.

Zanathos
05-01-04, 21:57
I still say you should just limit the amount of ops each clan can hold to one of each type of outpost.

As it is on Saturn, one CM clan owns many of the ops, one TT clan owns many of the ops, then many ops controlled by one TG clan.

3 clans holding 25 some odd outposts.

WTF :/

Cliffraiser
05-01-04, 22:19
tbh its the other way around, its very easy to defend an op and pretty hard to take one. considering the fact that the defending clan is in the op and the attacking clan outside. ninjaing can be done, but whats the point? if u cant take em when they are online, ull loose the op within the next day again anyway. with 5 people you can defend an op vs a force of 15 if you know what ur doing.

Sealdude
05-01-04, 22:29
Nice ideas which could be combined with the OP bonus ideas I had a while ago. Can someone please explain the UO system?

Clownst0pper
05-01-04, 22:45
TBH, if clans need to ninja hack then they arent capable of a good fight.

And if so, there only going to keep it for afew hours until the clans members are online.

They will loose it then *shrugs* its annoying more than anything :wtf:

Syntax-Error
06-01-04, 02:49
The matter of the fact is. FA have the power to hold some OPs easy. If we could defend them. Unforntunatly whenever we take an OP. i log off next day there gone back to another clan while very few people were arround. its always the same and it makes OPs impossible to keep unless you have lots of members whenever the other clan dont.

Starving Poet
06-01-04, 04:21
I'm going to echo the bane system. It's a really good system.

40$Poser
06-01-04, 04:37
I like the idea, because it's a solution for the infamous witty ninja hacker and people who have to zerg to put up a fight.

Archeus
06-01-04, 10:41
Originally posted by Syntax-Error
The matter of the fact is. FA have the power to hold some OPs easy. If we could defend them. Unforntunatly whenever we take an OP. i log off next day there gone back to another clan while very few people were arround. its always the same and it makes OPs impossible to keep unless you have lots of members whenever the other clan dont.

If the FA clan had the power to hold the ops they would be there when you logged back in. Point is, they don't.

You don't need lots of members on, you outsource to other FA clans. Something that some of the more professional clans do.

necrocon
06-01-04, 13:37
ok my 60 member clan has 30 on we have been planning a strike for mid day saturday we assemble and go out and your 90 member clan with 30 on sends 5 to defend it your loss right?

now my 20 member clan has 5 on and they strike and no one defends for what ever reason is that ninja hacking or if you have peeps on that are just afk

I mean people call ninja hacking lots of things

Just becuase like many of you said your clan has no members on and my clan attacks then cause we have members on its not a ninja hack

many clans are only on at a certain time right now what about other clans I know some clans 40+ that are all US based or vice versa German based more of them actualy

so they often trade OPs they fight when there on together otherwise they just hack durring THERE play times ninja hacking happens less often than peeps realize I think and prob more often then I realize :-p