PDA

View Full Version : Gen Reps suck sometimes especially in the WL so lets boost vehicle speed X infinity!!

Benjie
05-01-04, 14:27
*you are not voting on these ideas specifically, just the concept of making vehicles a more usefull means of crossing terrain*

*edit* please don't take the thread title litterally, I don't mean vehicles should travel a zone in a few seconds. (this thread is getting so many edits it's starting to look a little bit like cheres face)*

In accordance with how hard it is to travel the wastes now most Gen Reps are locked down, I think it's about time vehicles became really decent.

*edit* I got rid of the stuff that I would prefere coz some people thought that was what the thread was about. IT'S NOT!*

I've only ever used them to look cool. Hell most of the time I opt for walking! Much less hassle.... I want to use them practically. What would it take to make YOU use vehicles to cross the wastes practically?

Stigmata
05-01-04, 14:34
1: Add several more VHC Garages around the wastelands at key spots like near Canyon Reloading point, Crystal Caves, etc.

there is already one 2 zones away at desert racetrack...no need

2: While in a vehicle give the driver and all passangers about a 75% chance that 75% of the damage not including area effect will be deducted due to the protection the vehicles give.

maybe for chaincraft 4x4 and reveler but not any of the otehrs

3: Double, no Triple, no Quadrouple the speed on all vehicles as a slow build up.

so in a hover it would take 3 seconds to cross a zone ?

4: increase the vehicles endurance to terrain damage.

could you explain this one a bit ? not sure what you mean

Benjie
05-01-04, 14:40
Stigmata thats not really the point. Thats just what I would prefere. I am really pointing out that Vehicles are a dire means of crossing the wastelands.

Vehicles give good game asphetics, but thats about it. Then need to serve a function as a really good way of crossing the wastelands.

Who the hell in your clan in right of mind would suggest driving to an OP war when the Gen Rep is locked out? LOL! nobody, lets find another OP to attack instead huh?......

JediMasta
05-01-04, 14:46
LOL, no way man. Can you imagine it, a group of tanks and chaincrafts zooming across the map at like 500mph, attacking u, and then by the time uve managed to damage them they run away at 500mph, repair up and repeat. With speeds like that there would be no way to catch them, except giving like each zone a vehicle station so u can get a car of ur own.

Plus, theres already enough lag issues with cars as it is. Imagine the lag and sync issues at 4 times the speed. They'd be syncing and warping all over the place.

Benjie
05-01-04, 14:49
your taking this to the extreme, I just mean make them a BETTER way of crossing terrain to the point where people would much rather use them that walk. At the moment they don't give that much of an advantage.

At the very least lets draw a distinct line between Combat vehicles and Terrain crossing vehicles, making the terrain ones a LOT faster.

evs
05-01-04, 14:57
nah no thanks

Syntax-Error
05-01-04, 15:55
Well ill tell you now one of the reasons im begining to look for other games is because i log on. try to gr somewere to find there all locked down. think of the prospect of trying to get my newbie APU to where i wana go on foot and logoff for another day. VHC are crap. the GR rule is crap (allowing the most powerful clans to control who can level were. and therefore making it even harder to level. which is already a pain in the ass)

GT_Rince
05-01-04, 15:59
I can walk (run) from one corner of the map to the other in under an hour. Takes me 10-15 mins tops to use a Hovertec to go to MB from NC. And that's not fast enough?

Everything is plenty fast enough - just spec for a Hovertec.

Nasher
05-01-04, 16:01
Its not that vehicles are to slow, its that player characters can run to fast :P

Gestra
05-01-04, 16:03
There speed is quite good all ready. What is needed is more ASG's.

One at say every uplink would rock though, would also give uplinks a nice side bonus to them since the bonus they have is only really useful at one or two of them.

Syntax-Error
05-01-04, 16:04
no it aint fast enough for me. Due to the facti got 16-17 FPS in wastelands it can take me an 30 mins to get from TH to CRP. and by that time im so stressed with the multiple crash's at zone that i just GR home and logoff. Also alot of the time ill get there. get 5 mins leveling/hunting and then have to log off anyway.

Nasher
05-01-04, 16:19
no it aint fast enough for me. Due to the facti got 16-17 FPS in wastelands it can take me an 30 mins to get from TH to CRP

lol, its not KKs fault your comp sucks. Even if they did speed them up you would still be limited by your fps. I'm pretty sure the fps thing was fixed though.

Syntax-Error
05-01-04, 16:24
It may not be a top of the range PC but its hardly a shite computer :

1-AMD Athlon™ processor, 1399MHz
512MB RAM
Radeon 9600 Pro
Windows XP Home Edition, Service Pack 1

Yet i still get less FPS than other people.. :mad:

Duder
05-01-04, 16:26
Characters can run faster anyway, dont need vehicles, just pop beast and redflash, and youll be faster then a cheetah who has the speed of 2 cheetahs.

Also who needs vehicles when you can GR close to the zone you want to go to anyways?

Dissenter
05-01-04, 17:38
Hovertecs that an actually HOVER over water would be nice...

Original monk
05-01-04, 17:53
still ... the speed of the rhinotank can be increased not ? a hovertec yust races of the mountains and a rhinotank cant even cross a decent mountain ...

i dont use vehicules anyway so :P

(altough i yust specced 12 vehicule into my new monk he's dex, but thats about as far as a gimp i would go :P)