PDA

View Full Version : Lan and Neocron

jvasquez33
05-01-04, 09:39
I am currently lanned with a buddy, and we seem to lag out when he connects and im already in game, is there certain settings in the net.ini to accomadate for 2 players on the same connect. Im on cable connection too.

PenguinNick
05-01-04, 09:42
if i recall correctly change the port or sumtin like that in the INI or sumtin... o.0

arthego
05-01-04, 09:52
used to have that same issue back when I would lan it with 4 of my friends :rolleyes: only every happend on that network and all i know is his Dad was anal about the network, that he knew nothing about, and had set up very strangly o_O .

[SP]Ostrich
05-01-04, 10:07
go to neocron.ini

add this line

"LOCALPORT"="####"

replace hash with numbers you see fit.

worked for my lan...

s0liduS
05-01-04, 10:15
where would you get those numbers from?The ones replacing the hash?Think we got a fix but just curious...

[SP]Ostrich
05-01-04, 10:28
add that line into the neocron.ini in the main neocron folder

like... go to the last line, press enter and put it there.

s0liduS
05-01-04, 10:52
What would we replace "####" with?We tried LOCALPORT = "8050" ... not sure what else to try.

El Barto
05-01-04, 10:56
I got Neocron working on a LAN without having to change any port numbers. Not that this helps, just thought i'd say, also I think its in one of the .ini files you can change the port number.

Spex
05-01-04, 11:14
#### is a number between 1025 and 65535 and should be different for each computer running Neocron in your LAN.

Sorin
05-01-04, 11:32
From the main Neocron webpage:

Do you try to connect to the Internet by using a router, which in turn has to provide Internet access for other computers as well? In that case you might want to edit your Neocron.ini file (to be found in your Neocron directory) and add the line

LOCALPORT = "xxxxx"

Replace the x's with a number between 0 and 65000. Be sure to avoid entering the numbers of standard ports (like 80, which is the port for HTTP (web) traffic or 110, the standard POP3 (mail) port). See if this solves your problem.

On a side note, using this method I've actually gotten two seperate accounts to run simultaneously on one computer.

[SP]Ostrich
05-01-04, 11:42
sorin, me too... but it's not as easy to pvp with 2 memory hoggers on one machine... :(

Sorin
05-01-04, 13:57
Yeah, I just usually do it when I have to trade stuff or do research, construction, etc. Better than dropping stuff on the floor or leaving it in boxes to transfer. Though, a nice trick if you have win2k is to lower the priority of the client.exe you aren't using, which makes it just like there's only one account running. So you can set the second account to a "low" priority to idle a character or something, and it won't effect the performance of the main copy that's running. (at least on my computer anyways).

:)

[SP]Ostrich
05-01-04, 14:01
intruiging... but aren't they both named client.exe?

:|O_o :wtf:

Sorin
05-01-04, 14:05
yeah :lol:

In which case, before starting the second copy, I have to check what the PID number of the first copy is and um, just remember which is which after that :p

[SP]Ostrich
05-01-04, 14:20
couldn't you just keep it highlighted? so you know which one not to put on low priority?

kira wolf
05-01-04, 20:25
You have to get a router that will give you new IP addresses, not just splitting the same one. SYSCO has these routers, they are expensive, but they are the nuts.

What we did when we played was double-nic an old 386 and used a Linux router program, that was (and still is) our router at our gaming club. It worked fine for Neocron, but crappy for games like Warcraft III (because WCIII needs to change ports for some reason or another).

Ascension
05-01-04, 20:45
I have this same Problem.. I tried the command 'localport' etc..

and added this to all the neocron.ini on all computers..

And still when ever 1 connect the other 3 'Lag' out:wtf:

Guess this is just a hangup with neocron.. cause ive tried everything..

CoDi
06-01-04, 12:06
'LOCALPORT', not 'localport' ! Small difference, big effect. :angel:

/me adds "remove case sensitivity from neocron.ini" to ToDo list... :p