PDA

View Full Version : Idea - Faction Provided Items

PenguinNick
05-01-04, 09:20
Basically here's my idea. Instead of having NPCs provide items, how about runners of factions can do small little missions to get random stated and slotted items.

IE

BioTech Runners can do an easy mission to get a Psi Controller or a very hard mission to get a Psi Controller 3

Here is a list of what I think the factions should provide

City Admin - Armor
Diamond Real Estate - Apartments
NEXT - Vehicles
BioTech - Implants
ProtoPharm - Drugs
Tangent Technologies - Weapons
Crahn - Psi Weapons
Black Dragon - Drugs
Tsunami Syndicate - Drugs
Fallen Angels - Tools
City Mercs - Weapons and Armor
Twilight Guardian - Weapons and Armor

Feel free to add other suggestions and comment on the idea.

slaughteruall
05-01-04, 09:30
i think this is a bad idea you would need sympathy to do the missons. Which would lead to less PvP. Unless you could still buy them. But the game would also have less money sinks if you only had to do a misson.

Maybe if it was only for very low TL items like maybe TL 20 would be nice for new runners starting the game. But you can make good money at low lvls just killing rats and plants and what not. I've been drinking so having a hard time putting things into words.

Slaughter

PenguinNick
05-01-04, 09:31
IT wouldn't be typical missions, it be a mission taken from an NPC in ur HQ that you have to pay a fee to initiate in

Psycho Killa
05-01-04, 09:34
I think I read somewhere that they are planning something similar for doy.

I dunno about missions but I remember reading "faction specific items" will be introduced or something along those lines.

El Barto
05-01-04, 11:07
I think it is a good idea except only some factions can buy faction things, not do missions. Thats why I voted I don't like the idea, this would be alot better I think, also I think this might be coming with BDoY