PDA

View Full Version : Need ppu's opinions.

bounty
05-01-04, 05:30
It might just be me or my setup or whatnot, but after the last patch some strange things have been happening. I am miscasting more, and after anti-buff, sometimes i'll reshelter and i'm still taking hits from the enemy as though there is no shelter, even though there is an icon down in the bottom. So i keep casting shelter and nothing happens. Also i've noticed that i've needed to relog or zone a lot more frequently after casting 3rd level buffs. Has anyone else noticed this or is it just me?

Birkoff
05-01-04, 05:36
I've noticed primary buffs go down a lot faster recently. Not just as a ppu though.

t0tt3
05-01-04, 06:21
Dont piss on the community becasue you are stuck ingame :p

But yea... I agree my HL gfx doesnt show as much as it did before and the range is nerfed so I dont get it... Shouldnt it show more lightning when its casted.. and I FIZZEL sooo fucking much now when I run and I have 6xx% dmg and 100 RoF unbuffed..

Ok it fizzel anyway when I get psi 3 to but thats an other story.
And my RoF are kinda silly somtime it just shots 6 - 7 hls in a row

then after regain my psi it only does about 3 - 4 HLs and get stucked and I can be targeting on a singel backpack or something that doesnt moves.....

Ok nerf the range I dont care but dont fuck my spell up :mad:
Or give me a reticle..

Candaman
05-01-04, 12:13
i've noticed the same Shelt and def dropping almost as soon as u cast them a recast of shelt and ur still taking insane ammounts of dmg even though the shelt is apparently back on. Maybe lag or summat dunno

deac
05-01-04, 12:44
rawr yea i agree... or maybe the shelter just didnt take?

died atleast 2 times the last few days because of shelters that dont take.... GOD i hate that...

see debuff
cast heal
get debuffed
cast shelter
take insane amounts of dmg
cast again..
think WTF!?!?

die

JOY!

Original monk
05-01-04, 12:49
weird: i didnt notice that yet .. and i got debuffed a few times lately and i also debuffed others lately :)

my ppumonk is pretty much the same it seems: yust for the casting of para and the rez .. wich is obvious :)

yust the holy parahalo is way overpowerd but i think they where going to fix that, but for the rest i dont have more miscasts or weird things like a shelter up but still takin damage ...

no problems at all here :)

YoDa-UK
05-01-04, 13:05
Yes ive seen this too, its like you cant run cast HL anymore, but even standing still im holding the button on a target and nothing is happening for a bit, then it might kick in.

Also noticed yesterday was on a PPU helping some people lvl and holy anti poison sanc wasn't working and we all died to poison, even with the icon in the bottom corner of the screen. All this seems to have come in the past patch when beam spells was nerfed and para was screwed up.

Also i've noticed sometimes when i try and debuff someone, i start to cast and then my spell is put away and i fizzle a lot too which is crazy when standing next to someone :mad:

L0KI
05-01-04, 13:35
Aye same here.

I play a kami DS hybrid...

My holy shelter and deflector last anywhere between 30 seconds and 2 mins. - I try to recast, it takes 9 attempts, lowers mana, and then fails to work when its up. :(

SHIT, SHIT bug.

Original monk
05-01-04, 13:52
Originally posted by L0KI
My holy shelter and deflector last anywhere between 30 seconds and 2 mins. - I try to recast, it takes 9 attempts, lowers mana, and then fails to work when its up. :(

SHIT, SHIT bug.

i had that also before the patch lol :) certainly at laggy area's like mc5 etc ...

tuxy
05-01-04, 15:02
well alt+tab can make the clients timing for buffs lose sync with the server so if u normaly alt+tab while your playing stop

Cyphor
05-01-04, 17:37
Its a secret monk nerf :p

On the hl not runcasting etc though i've not noticed this, there was one occurance last night where my rof seemed as if i had no mana even though i had a full pool. I just put it down to lag as it cleared up after logging for abit, hopefully it is just bad performance and not a bug though :( it would be a killer of a bug for most players.

t0tt3
05-01-04, 17:51
Strange that I didnt notice it before... not that much as it is now :(

Carinth
05-01-04, 19:33
Yea I've had an increase in failures lately. No hew bugs or anything, just happening more often.

For a little while there was a bug which hit you after you zoned. You arrive in a zone and can equip your spells, but can't cast anything. A monk that can't cast any spells is a dead monk : ) I was constantly zoning, and then zoning again, and always checking to make sure I could cast. Another fun one is how landscape effects casting failure. If you try to cast a spell while standin on a slope, it will fizzle. Many times I've been focusing on a drone over my head moving to keep with it, and fizzle half the time because I happen to be on a slope.

My biggest beef right now is how much I slow down during combat. I think it's parashock's fault. My mouse moves like 200% slower, I have trouble clicking things, my hand/switching spells moves a lot slower. The animations are all twice as slow, which throws off my timing. I feel like I'm in slow motion. I know, from testing with a Tank, that parashock used to not only slow down movement, but it also slow down aiming. At some point they removed the aiming slowdown, made people very happy. Maybe it's back now?

petek480
05-01-04, 19:40
I haven't noticed any problems with my shelter or anything, but I have noticed problems fizzling when casting holy para. I'll target someone cast it and then it fizzles so I target them again and it's fizzles again, it usually takes me 3 or 4 tries before it actually casts holy para.

Candaman
05-01-04, 20:10
Originally posted by deac
rawr yea i agree... or maybe the shelter just didnt take?

died atleast 2 times the last few days because of shelters that dont take.... GOD i hate that...

see debuff
cast heal
get debuffed
cast shelter
take insane amounts of dmg
cast again..
think WTF!?!?

die

JOY!

Y do u cast heal b4 antibuff u know that antibuff removes heal right

mularn
05-01-04, 22:12
Originally posted by Candaman
Y do u cast heal b4 antibuff u know that antibuff removes heal right

Anti sheild is a debuff, it doesn't take heal off....

Carinth
05-01-04, 23:14
Originally posted by mularn
Anti sheild is a debuff, it doesn't take heal off....

Antibuff and Holy Antibuff remove Heal/Shelter/Deflector. If you had a heal going it will be removed by the antibuff. Heal's are so quick to cast and don't last very long anway so most don't notice it. There is infact an AntiHeal spell, just like antishelter and antideflector. If you want to you can run around stoppin ppl from healing : ) It doesn't effect sanctums though, which makes it really worthless.

Shadow Dancer
06-01-04, 01:54
Not all apus use HAB. Alot just use anti-shelter.

Keiron
06-01-04, 02:55
Originally posted by Shadow Dancer
Not all apus use HAB. Alot just use anti-shelter.
I use anti buff. Not HAB, plain ole anti-buff. Ph33r the massive mana and cast time! Rawr~
I have noticed PPU's are dieing a _little_ more often. If this is something KK snuck in, props to em - keep up the good work.

Shadow Dancer
06-01-04, 03:46
Originally posted by Keiron
I use anti buff. Not HAB, plain ole anti-buff. Ph33r the massive mana and cast time! Rawr~

ugh

Why?

HAB>all

Keiron
06-01-04, 03:52
Originally posted by Shadow Dancer
ugh

Why?

HAB>all
Becouse I'm poor and don't have any HAB parts :P