PDA

View Full Version : Question about HC tank

Strieder
05-01-04, 05:25
I want to make a HC tank for rare hunting... will it be ok to spend 50 points in Hacking, or will it gimp my weaponlore too much?

Keiron
05-01-04, 05:26
You'd gimp Weaponlore WAY to much. You could hunt firemobs thou, they don't require hack. Or go melle, that dosn't take ANY weaponlore.
I suppose thou, if you used a targeting computer 2 and 3 you "might" be able to get away with it.

Strieder
05-01-04, 05:32
I was thinking about driving through battledome area in the HH4x4, and gunning in it...fast, and makes me pretty invincible. What other char would make a nice rare hunter?

Keiron
05-01-04, 05:33
I have a Pistol PE sped'd to mostly fire. He can solo any firemob in the game, no questions asked.

Birkoff
05-01-04, 05:34
Make a heavy PE if u want to rare hunt in a vehicle. Tanks own WBs big time.

Or apu.... or rifle spy.... lots of claasses are good for rare hunting its depends on ur style of play :)

Strieder
05-01-04, 05:36
What kind of setup would i need to gun the tank for a PE? Has like an 80 some str req, right?

Birkoff
05-01-04, 05:41
moveon... str 3 back bone.. zerk3/2? I'm not sure but I've seen a lot of tank gunning PEs hunting WBs recently. They kill them faster than APUs with HL it seems :)

str booster 3 - +5
Moveon - +3
zerk3 - 5
zerk 2 - 3

maybe a marine CPU if u relog everytime u GR giving u 81 str...

Strieder
05-01-04, 06:12
Thats a lot of equipment.. =/ hm. Maybe ill get my str up enough for the HH 4x4, that should work ok on my PE...

Det0x
05-01-04, 06:18
hunt Warbots with a Speed Gat PE, your low rank will get you good loot

KimmyG
05-01-04, 06:19
Originally posted by Det0x
hunt Warbots with a Speed Gat PE, your low rank will get you good loot

Yea if you used a gat and this guy was just for part hunting and not PvP I dont see a real problem.

Strieder
05-01-04, 06:31
Well, i want to make a char that would be viable for hunting/pvp, which is why i thought a tank would be nice. My curret pe (50/55) takes some time to kill them, and cant really take too many hits (thought i dont have anti gamma bone-enfs yet..)

Strieder
05-01-04, 06:53
Actually, where can i hunt firemobs?

El Barto
05-01-04, 12:22
If you have a H-C Gen-Tank jsut for hunting having 50 hacking wouldn't really matter, so long as he isn't going to be PvPing much, if at all. If he is gona be PvPing then it would gimp your aim way to much. If you are gonig to PvP then you could do what I do, just LoM some points out of weapon lore into hacking (I have 55 hacking) for one day, hunt as many WBs and hack them as you possably can (or what ever you are hunting that needs hacking), then just LoM it all back to weapon lore at the end of the day. I do it about once a month, I lose 2 INT levels LoMing to hacking, then get them back hunting, the lose them again LoMing back, go out fire mob hunting to get them back or do missions.

G.SUNZI
05-01-04, 12:25
or make a hybried this is very good to rare hunting. :D

Q`alooaith
05-01-04, 12:58
I'd say Tank, and join NExT, get enough VHC to drive the revler and point's enough HC to gun it... then stack your resist's toward's Fire, and go firemob hunting, the revler's great cause it's free, and bouns it can never be trashed permanatly, repair cost's are low too... You won't have to hunt out rare's to get the rare's, and you don't need to level more than halfway to gun it..

Now you could if your willing to gimp a bit drive a rhino as a tank, there's jsut enough int imp's and drug's so you can do it, then you can also gun it, which is what my tank did... Jump out shoot shoot shoot, grab loot, jump in and move on..

Strieder
05-01-04, 14:50
Where can i find firemobs? I think ill try the NEXT epic + tank..

Gestra
05-01-04, 15:06
The next epic is great for owning warbots, its rof makes it as good if not better than a rhino I think, Plus it is easier for a tank to drive.

Q`alooaith
05-01-04, 15:35
Originally posted by Gestra
The next epic is great for owning warbots, its rof makes it as good if not better than a rhino I think, Plus it is easier for a tank to drive.

That's why I suggested it..

Firemob's are near TG, though if you choose pro city faction don't go near the guard's as they'll kick your ass.. And trash any vehincal in less than three seconds.

Necrosadistic
05-01-04, 15:43
Decayed Horrors and Brutes also drop rares sometimes. You can find them around Gabanium Mine, and the best thing is that its a warzone, so you lose nothing if you die. Go to the south east corner of g 08 where Gab is, theres usually a herd of them there...

greploco
05-01-04, 17:03
pistol pe is best bet

low combat rank, ability to heal, can hack, and has good resists so can hunt pretty much anywhere

low combat rank is very key

HC tanks also have low combat rank, but can only really hunt firemobs unless they are melee, and I've heard that hunting WBs with a melee tank sucks

you can run around in a 4x4 and then switch to the gun to kill stuff but it pops your combat rank too high and the drops become nerfed

rifle spys are good also, but combat rank might get too high

and psi monks are worthless, their combat rank gets so high they get the worst drops of all

NexusPlexus
05-01-04, 20:22
Streider, these guys have been way spoilt with mega wep lore and are too scared to hunt bots with less wep lore IMO.

I had a tank with 50 on hack. I hunted bots all over the show, hundreds of 'em. I got hundreds of rares too.
The great thing about hunting bots with a tank is that you can naturally carry tons of equipment on you without having to pile points on transport ability.

Wearing a PA suit gives ample protection from bots, unless you're an idot who doesn't know how to use the terrain for cover. Even wearing duranium 3 or 4 gives decent protection.

You don't need to go get yourself a bleedin' reveller vehicle and take the lamer way out by using the cars' weaponry.

The only way you should die is if a bot spawns next to you while you're busy hacking another downed bot.

One more tip; anti-shock drugs/damage blocker, they'll help if you're in a fix.

You can hunt bots with ANY class, I've tried it, and a Tank hunting solo is pretty much a straight forward process