PDA

View Full Version : Some of you may know this....

Mingerroo
05-01-04, 01:21
But I've been "toying" with combat vehicles a lot recently. They are cool. They are definiitely really cool. But they need a few things:

Changeable colours... Like the rokkwear is all, must be kinda easy *grin*
MODS! I must have mods... like a "Multi-fusion Influx Relay" to boost speed and acceleration for example, just so I can actually be proud of my vehicle like others are proud of their weapons.
Make constructed vehicles better damage, range and speed than store-bought please
They should have a "view" that you can shoot. Shooting through my vehicle out the back with clearly front mounted weapons is a bit silly.

I think thats it... But they have so much potential to be a class of their own instead of pistol or rifler or melee etc.

Mingoo

Psycho Killa
05-01-04, 01:24
Combat vehicles are great fun.

Though before they do all this I would prefer just being able to zone without the fear of taking 3 minutes to come out the other side (Weither it be a nasty crash or an insane synch)

darknessfairy
05-01-04, 01:47
Actually my boyfriend was just sayin the other day that they should make another class purely for vehicle use.. It would be alot better.. Because people are always begging for lifts over trade..

Changing the colors would be good...So i can have my pink car!

robinitnow
05-01-04, 17:27
I have bean thinking about this for ages.

Being bale to mod the verchals would be cool.

bigger engines / power devices
visible mods like being able to change the color and being able to customize the color seam with vector graphics.
different weapons
different weapon positions
different weapon mounts

so on and so on

Mingerroo
05-01-04, 18:07
Yeah. Vehicle combat could definitely be a worthwhile subskill all on it's own.

I definitely would love to see this as my bikes mean a lot to me... and being more individual would be a definite bonus.

Mingoo

-=z=-
05-01-04, 18:16
I spend a good part of this weekend playing my melee\HC\vehicle combat PE. It's great fun to drive a rhino up to a bunch of warbots and switch to the gunner seat to tear them down.

Having slotted vehicles would be very cool. I don't know if many people buy vehicles from the shop now, so I don't think the player built vehicles need to be better than shop bought ones. If mods were added, the possiblility of slots would make the player built vehicles much more valuable.

05-01-04, 18:35
Wouldn't that idea make people specialize even more?

El Barto
05-01-04, 18:57
I must admit I do love the VHCs in this game, combat or not, even though they do need some ajustments, its still kool. I created a new char mainly to drive em =)

Heavyporker
05-01-04, 21:34
No special vhc class.

Vecs were meant to be accessible to all that bothered to spec up for it.

Same for making vec combat ANOTHER subskill - NO . It's bad enough that one needs loads upon loads of STR/T-C/H-C just to gun the damn things even though many of them would obviously be technologically assisted.

Color changable chassises, yes. Mods for the vhcs... Ehhh.. I wouldn't know about that, but that would seem to make it even more difficult to bring vecs into the mainstream of Neocron.

FuzzyDuck
05-01-04, 21:53
I keep saying - but to little effect, The game is screaming out for some kind of method of variation for the individual player, simple weapon mods lose their appeal after all of 20 minutes.

Archeus
05-01-04, 22:04
Suggested mods (may or may not be rare).

- Speed increase.

- Turbo boost (brief speed booster at the cost of damage)

- Improved Turning

- Increased reverse speed.

- Side jets (for hovers). Allows the hovers to sidestep

- increased armor

- Suicide Bomb (allows the car to become a moving bomb, damage is based on armor of craft. so APC/Rhino does more).

- Decreased Garage timer (returns to garage faster)

- Insurance (allows a craft to be destroyed once and returns to garage)

- Ejector seat. Allows you to throw people out of the craft.

- Stealth. Allows the craft to stealth for 5-10 seconds at the cost of damage.

- Improved Storage. Gives 1 cab on the craft (APC only) which can carry items for when you are out in the field. Destroys items when put back in the ASG.

- Shields (various kinds) which light up when hit by that ammo type so the attacker knows to use a different ammo.

- ECM. Allows you to jam anti-craft missiles (needs ammo)

Sealdude
05-01-04, 22:35
I keep saying - but to little effect, The game is screaming out for some kind of method of variation for the individual player, simple weapon mods lose their appeal after all of 20 minutes. Then bump my customizable weapon idea :) I think VHC mods would kick ass and would make them a lot more useful. IT would only really matter to high lvl people with lots of money though, which is good because noobs still need cheap vehicles.

How about mods that switch the type of weapon on the craft or switch ammo type.