PDA

View Full Version : Save My Sanity - LoM Pills

Genty
04-01-04, 22:05
Ok, we all know that LoM pills can be a pain in the arse, the impairment is large, I get the feeling that KK ain't gonna remove it...however, how do people feel about this compromise?

PhotoPharm release some new LoM's that reduce the impairment from the current 42% (ish) that you get to 5 or 10%. However, due to the fact that they are new and much improved the prices is 10 fold. So instead of the 1.3k, it costs 13k per pill. (Possible Event involved?)

However, for the people that don't wish to spend that much more money BD still hold the copies of the BP's and still sell the old LoM's at around about the same price. Available to all that....dare....to go to BD HQ and get hold of them.

Not only will this be a slight higher money sink but it might make people generally less pissed off at LoM'ing. I know I have taken well over 200 pills so far and at times it is very tiresum.

So, what do ya think?

Lethys
04-01-04, 22:07
I love it. I for one would definitely not mind paying more for quicker lomming.

5 stars.

naimex
04-01-04, 22:07
could be worth a try..

but as an alternative... just nerf lom pills :/ remove SI from them, and make them only release 1 points value each time..

\\Fényx//
04-01-04, 22:12
Great Idea, also with the RP backstory aswell =)

Shadow Dancer
04-01-04, 22:13
I think lom pills should give 99% SI.

naimex
04-01-04, 22:15
Originally posted by Shadow Dancer

ur brave...need heat resist 3 ??

Cruzbroker
04-01-04, 22:17
SD, yeah if you could take 4-5 at once.

I don't support 5 or 10%, but 15 or 20% would be good.

msdong
04-01-04, 22:17
oh come on, how about an idea that dont involve money ?????
how about trade these pills for unressed TL120 Rare Parts ;)

\\Fényx//
04-01-04, 22:18

Yea but you also think:
A) APU's are ok
B) PPUs need nerfing more
C) Tanks are ok
D) your sexy
E) your always right

:D :p

Shadow Dancer
04-01-04, 22:20
Originally posted by \\Fényx//
Yea but you also think:
A) APU's are ok
B) PPUs need nerfing more
C) Tanks are ok
D) your sexy
E) your always right

A)More or less
B)Um, not so sure about that.
C)No I don't.
D)No
E)No

Genty
04-01-04, 22:21

Trying to push me over the end I see.

Originally posted by msdong
oh come on, how about an idea that dont involve money ?????

More money sinks = less rich bastards = less screwed ecconomy...well thats my theory

Archeus
04-01-04, 22:22
The problem with LOMS before was that people were switching and changing when they needed the stats.

Needed a barter? Lom, needed a CST/RES? Lom, needed to go hunting? Lom.

They are meant to setup your stats properly not change when you need it. Upping the price to 13k is a joke. Most long term players poop 13k.

A better system would be a super lom that resets all your stats but can only be used once every 3 months or more, and normal loms after that.

msdong
04-01-04, 22:23
Originally posted by Genty
..More money sinks = less rich bastards = less screwed ecconomy...well thats my theory

yeh, but in the end its rich players lomming for poison cave, and make much money to lom for energy, to get much money to lom for .........

MrBane
04-01-04, 22:24
LoMs, how they should work:

LoM Protopharma - The Official LoM.

Cost: 20,000nc per pill
S.I: 5%
Points Release: 5

LoM Black Dragon - The Illegal LoM

Cost: 1,000nc per pill
S.I: 50%
Points Release: 10

So you can have the very slow but very cheap method, with good points release, or the very fast but very expensive method, with normal points release.

One is a money sink for those that just want to make quick fixes or muck around, or are filthy rich, the other is for those that need to fix one mistake or can't afford to buy the original.

Thoughts?

Genty
04-01-04, 22:26
Originally posted by msdong
yeh, but in the end its rich players lomming for poison cave, and make much money to lom for energy, to get much money to lom for .........

The Exp loss would still be there and it woulf still take a good amount of time if you were planning to lom to go hunting in certain areas, it's not like 10% is instantanious

naimex
04-01-04, 22:27
Originally posted by MrBane
LoMs, how they should work:

LoM Protopharma - The Official LoM.

Cost: 20,000nc per pill
S.I: 5%
Points Release: 5

LoM Black Dragon - The Illegal LoM

Cost: 1,000nc per pill
S.I: 50%
Points Release: 10

So you can have the very slow but very cheap method, with good points release, or the very fast but very expensive method, with normal points release.

One is a money sink for those that just want to make quick fixes or muck around, or are filthy rich, the other is for those that need to fix one mistake or can't afford to buy the original.

Thoughts?

that might work too... but might i suggest that you also put in the one mentioned above.. some Experimental LOM.. removes all stats you have, give 100 % SI, and cost 1 mil or summet extreme.

MrBane
04-01-04, 22:30
hat might work too... but might i suggest that you also put in the one mentioned above.. some Experimental LOM.. removes all stats you have, give 100 % SI, and cost 1 mil or summet extreme.

Was thinking that, but no, because people do have that kind of money to waste, and it will cause serious abuse. Because really, for what it would give, one million and 100% SI is nothing.

So I think ' SuperLoM's ' should be avoided.

jernau
04-01-04, 22:36

Oh crap, I agree with SD.

/set kill_self 1

Well, kinda - I think he's being too generous. :p

Genty
04-01-04, 22:37
As I said before I have had about 200 LoM's, at the current price that in total would of cost me about 2.6 Mil, now, if you think I would of fucked around as much if that was 26 Mil then you got to be joking! :p

Not saying this is the end to all the money problems or anything, but we need more things like this to reduce all the money floating around in the ecconomy.

JackScratch
04-01-04, 23:05
I think I remember the days of the all traders, I also think there are plenty of runners out there with more money than sence. So, in conclusion, I think this idea is a poor one.

Cruzbroker
04-01-04, 23:37
46% is on the border of "go windows do something else for minutes, come back pop a pill and continue your doings in windows". 25% is good god damn it. Go macros, go exploit, hey! ...

Original monk
05-01-04, 13:46
they should never have put lompills in in the firstplace: but they have no other choise if they wonna continue nerfing classes :)

J. Folsom
05-01-04, 15:04
Originally posted by jernau
Well, kinda - I think he's being too generous. :p I can only agree with that.

Clownst0pper
05-01-04, 15:31
We need something like DAoC, They have crystals, two types.

From hard mobs they have single crystals which allow you to respec a single line (could be dex in neocron)

and a full crystal from say the dragon, which allows you to reset everything back to zero.

We need something like that, including the fucking huge mobs :)

dbarnes
05-01-04, 22:18
hey now - heres a pretty dumb one... but i kinda like it ..... why not have the mc5 commander drop super loms (whole, like the Shaman) - reset a skill like dex or int or str... they would give you 0 si but would not allow you to have any skills for 45 minutes or 1 hour.... then it would completely reset the skill, and because its with mc5 they would be pricey but still somewhat attainable.

Strych9
05-01-04, 22:27
The BD idea is a bit harsh. So you are a TG noob and you accidentally allocate points to the wrong stat. To fix it, you need to either save up 20K just to buy the pill OR go to BD HQ inside of Neocron?

20K would take a while as a true noob, and that alone would be okay... but 20K AND BD HQ I think is a bit steep.

StrongSad
05-01-04, 22:33
I like MrBanes Idea a lot. But the BD ones would have to be hard or dangerous the get. Therefore.....if you want to lom, you will need to either fork out some cash for the Legal ones, or hassle with getting the Illegal drugs from BD.

Also some periodic events should occur where "super" pills are released allowing a player to lom out all of their points in a certain area such as Dex or Int. Not tons of these events, but enough to where more than 2 select clans are able to buy or take all of the pills.

DO IT KK!!! :lol:

PS- whats the story behind BD and proto pharma? Why would BD hold the pills?

EDIT: @ Strych9....in the faction selection thingy it says that the TG faction is not for beginners. If they dont heed that warning it is their own fault.