PDA

View Full Version : Just an opinion

PenguinNick
04-01-04, 06:04
Should there be some kind of SL, FS, or some other type of penalty to people who destroy drones? I think so. It's a cheap way and a wuss way, becuase they don't get punished for it, but its just as good as killing you cause you cant do anything else but leave or melee them (lol thatd be funny to see)

So I think there shud be some kind of loss

Psycho Killa
04-01-04, 06:07
I was under the impression there was already soullight loss for this.

Not that ive tested it or even destroyed or had a drone destroyed in forever but I thought in the patch notes along long long time ago I read that drones affected soullight.

El_MUERkO
I dont see how this could be introduced, in PP someone sends a kami at u bu if u kill it u get -SL?

PenguinNick
not that i am aware of

Psycho Killa
04-01-04, 06:09
I dont think he wants soullight loss for enemies attacking a drone. Would only apply to neutral or allied runners who think its funny to blow up drones because they can get away with it.

Now if you still think its stupid to lose soullight for shooting an allied kami if its coming after you... well you lose soullight if a tank comes in your face with a cs and you kill him if his allied or neutral so whats the difference.

El_MUERkO
04-01-04, 06:13
i dunno, fly a kami near me and i shoot it no matter who owns it, i can alway apologies later, i get the idea but I dont see how it could be implimented without being abused.

El Barto
04-01-04, 06:18
There is or at least was aa SL lose from drones, I got minus 15 while messign about with a friend.

Psyco Groupie
04-01-04, 08:01
killing someones drone is just like killing them, always has been ?

Birkoff
04-01-04, 08:20
If they implemented that u would see a lot of ppl with shit drones jsut shooting random pl and waiting for them to kill the drone. If they did something about it, they would haeve to do it in a way that looked at the rank of the drone or something bu still then ppl would just do it with PB20s and not care.

Complicated issue that is,

Duder
04-01-04, 08:26
Its a drone, it has no soul.......

Birkoff
04-01-04, 08:28
Originally posted by Duder
Its a drone, it has no soul.......

common sence.....

Why didn't i think of that :D

Duder
04-01-04, 08:34
Lets have a penalty then, say, when someone shoots your drone or you attack someone and it gets destroyed, the one who shot and destroyed your drone gets teleported to a random place in the wastelands with a group of burly men and 5 stormbots that await the person who teleported and kills him instantly. This will make the bad man who shot the droner's drone go away and everything will be perfectly fine in this perfect fantasy world of Neocrone. Heare yee heare yee.

Sounds neat?

Shadow Dancer
04-01-04, 09:02
There already is SL penalty.

2ply
04-01-04, 09:28
Originally posted by Shadow Dancer
There already is SL penalty.

Actually, there isn't. I've killed countless drones, no sl lose. Even if they were allied.

Bob Monkhouse
04-01-04, 17:04
Just to be clear: there is no SL penalty for killing an allied/neutral drone. Nor should there be, as someone pointed out, a drone is just a lump of metal without a "soul" (although I believe people don't have them either). It's always annoying when someone shoots your drone for shit and giggles, but it does not deserve a SL hit for the tosser who does it. There is no SL loss for destroying an allied/neutral vehicle, and that is a far greater crime.

J. Folsom
04-01-04, 17:18
No SL penalty? That must have been changed then...

Ah, found it!

Originally posted by Thanatos in the Patch #157 (http://www.neocron.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=149) notes
Lilling drones affects soullight too. Like if you kill the runner who controls the drone.
I presume that lilling is supposed to be killing.

Edit: There's been no notes saying it's been removed, so I presume it's a bug.
More Edit: I'm going to look into this for a bit, confirming it before I send it through to bugreport@neocron.com , anyone who has confirmed this should probably send it there immediately though.
Even More Edit: Bug confirmed and sent in.