PDA

View Full Version : you're ip is....

Thane
03-01-04, 14:21
okai, simple deal, uman had to remove his coz some idiot was offended to his sig.....

simple deal, i still feel offended to all the others in here, u told uman he had to remove his, now WTF CAN ALL OTHER KEEP THEIRS!?

as said, i feel offended. remove em!

MayhemMike
03-01-04, 14:21
i feel violated from those sigs :mad: 8|

Oath
03-01-04, 14:33
Originally posted by Thane
okai, simple deal, uman had to remove his coz some fag was offended to his sig.....

simple deal, i still feel offended to all the others in here, u told uman he had to remove his, now WTF CAN ALL OTHER KEEP THEIRS!?

as said, i feel offended. remove em! yeah and while we're at it ban aol.......no really.......please?

heh, those ip address things are irritating as fuck :p

Sick
03-01-04, 14:49
i dont mind them, it only displays simple info that any webpage can get from you, and it only displays it to you, not everybody else.

but if one person has had to remove it from their sig, then yes everybody should.

ezza
03-01-04, 14:53
remove thanes danceing monkeys, they offend me

Lafiel
03-01-04, 14:56
? what is this world coming too

GT_Rince
03-01-04, 14:58
I get offended by ants having sex - remove them...

:D

And while we're at it, ban Demon as well, coz they suck large chunks of ass...

CarniFlex
03-01-04, 15:07
Dumbasses who feel offended just cause they dont know better. Cant we just send em a popup to a webpage about internet which informs em where to look for the popup killer that they can pay for but really hasnt to since its freeware but donations are appreciated so those guys who wrote the popup killer could do a new popup advertising bout how good the first popup is but then someone probably would find the word killer offensive so they have to make a popup remover that removes the killer in the first popupremover then we could have some sig's that has those popups remover advertisers so we everyone can bathe in the sunlight of a popupremover that removes everything!!!

Shadow Dancer
03-01-04, 15:07
I didn't even understand what you said Thane. But I think you should remove the homophobic flame from your post, since it usually results in a 3 day ban. I'm not trying to be a mod or anything, just warnin ya. :p

Thane
03-01-04, 15:08
okai, here again for the slowminded people (as there obviously are alot in here... here we go...)

THIS IS A RM REASON TO TELL POSTERS WHAT TO PUT IN THEIR SIGS.

i just don't get it why some rules aply to all, and other (as it seems) just to people RM doesn't really seem to like.

you can get it or not, doesn't change it.

or to rephrase it:

if RM once forbid something in a sig, can we get it back after some months coz they forgot about it?

then: good to know i'd say

PPS:

I'm not trying to be a mod or anything, just warnin ya.

thats like shooting someone and saying "im not trying to kill you or anything" ... if you don't try to be a mod, than just stop telling people what to do, check when i registered, and have a guess if i know the rules or not..... jesus....

Candaman
03-01-04, 15:14
Originally posted by Shadow Dancer
I'm not trying to be a mod or anything

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm k

Kr3Yc3K
03-01-04, 15:18
Farbanti
CopBot Captain (Lead Mod)

signature violation:
your signature contains personal data of annother runner. please remove this asap!

rgrds

Farbanti

Farbanti
CopBot Captain (Lead Mod)

Re: signature violation:
annother forum user send a post report, stating that he felt insulted by you showing his ip etc in the boards.

ok it might be a script (wich the other runner didnīt realise) but it is an annoying one. please get rid of it!

not very nice to show people how voulnerable their pcīs are no wonder they feel insulted.

I donīt think i have to quote the rule bout insults for ya do i?

rgrds

Farbanti

so just remove it.

P.S: incase you're a newbie, im Uman, the one Thane was talking about in the first post

Shadow Dancer
*ignores the stalker* :rolleyes:

Hey Thane, what's RM?

1.I think that issues with mods should be dealt with via pms and not on the forums.

2.IMPO, I think he's taking the "don't insult people" rule a bit too far. I thought that was only in relation to direct insults. If I don't like someone's sig, then their flaming me and can be warned? o_O

Thane
thank you, sir :)

*humps uman*

...... did someone in here just ask what RM is!??!!?
umm..... lets have a wild guess..... since Reakktor Media also starts with RM... might be that i meant the guys who made the game :D

Kr3Yc3K
03-01-04, 15:19
Originally posted by Shadow Dancer
*ignores the stalker* :rolleyes:

Hey Thane, what's RM?

ReaKKtor Media

n00b

Shadow Dancer
03-01-04, 15:20
Thanks
:rolleyes:

Thane
03-01-04, 15:22
okai guys, lets stop the flames and come back to topic :)

point beeing:

are some more equal than others? or does one rule fit all??

if so, if we are really all supposed to be equal, read above and try to understand.... i know it's hard for some of you.. anyway.... TRY! :)

Shadow Dancer
03-01-04, 15:23
Thane you're the only one flaming here with your insults about people's intelligence and how slow they are. And who's taking it off topic? You're not even making sense. :rolleyes:

And yes obviously everyone should follow the same rules.

Thane
03-01-04, 15:27
i am not making a point!?!?

damnit, then how about you read my first post again... the point is quite clear.

and with uman's post you can see the org modmessage that told him to remove the sig.

but hekk, now lookie what we have here..... all people use the same sig again, the one that had to be removed ages ago..... you start to get the point??!?!??

BOING, and you wonder why i speak about slow people :D

@shadowdancer: read your PMs, and stop spamming my posts with directed messages at me (just did so too, so check your inbox i'd say)
and yes, i read your first post where you "obviously understood what i said" .... SD:I didn't even understand what you said Thane. 8|

PS: every time someone puts you on ignore coz you tried to solve the prob without flaming (aka direct message), you know you owned him *G*

Shadow Dancer
03-01-04, 15:29

BOING, and you wonder why i speak about slow people :D

Because of people like yourself.

I said you're not making any sense, in reference to the above post where you talked about flaming and off topic. I wasn't talking about the main "thread" point, which I already responded to and stated my opinion on (if you actually read my posts).

Good lord. :rolleyes:

[SP]Ostrich
03-01-04, 15:41
i understood him.

easily....

damn shadow...

hehehehehehehehhehehehehe, anyway thane, i totally agree

TAKE TEHM DOWAN! (typos intended)

SEX.

Nidhogg
03-01-04, 15:41
A few months ago I PM'd around 15 people and asked them to remove that particular sig, not because it was in violation of any particular rule but because it was confusing to many members of our community. I'm happy to say that everyone complied. I've asked one or two other people since then as and when I've noticed them and they have complied also.

There's no criticism of anyone who has used that sig (because it's harmless and actually quite clever) but I'm asking everyone again, publicly, not to use it because some people are worried that their details have somehow been "captured". If you use that sig, please change it for something else.

Anyway, sigs are supposed to show a bit of originality aren't they? ;)

Thanks.

N

Shadow Dancer
03-01-04, 15:46
Originally posted by [SP]Ostrich
i understood him.

easily....

damn shadow...

:rolleyes:

Originally posted by Nidhogg

Anyway, sigs are supposed to show a bit of originality aren't they? ;)

Thanks.

N

Erm look who's talking. :lol:

:p

spongeb0b
03-01-04, 15:46
Rawr kill them all.... mwahahaha
erm yeah if Uman has to remove his sig then everyone should remove that annoying ip sig....
@oath don't ban aol.... cos thats me :(
ps: i know it sucks but i cant do any better atm :p

MayhemMike
03-01-04, 15:50
my sig rawks j00 nid :p

spongeb0b
03-01-04, 15:54
ahhh sorry nidhog we musta posted almost simultaneously (sp... nm) if thats the case then fair nuff.... Thane stop jumping to rash conclusions RM can only do so much to keep us in order and some lil things are bound to go un noticed for a lil while.... but as nidhog said he's getting them all off the forum....

[EDIT: ps: what is the size range a sig must fall into for this forum? as i want to make a decent one]

Thane
03-01-04, 15:56
shadow, he did not mean he likes this sig coz it's so org.....

he actually said its UNORIGINAL.... but it doesn't surprise me you understood what you want to understand again :)
also, he asked in a nice form to remove it..... just as i did.... but nicer :D

Shadow Dancer
03-01-04, 16:00
shadow, he did not mean he likes this sig coz it's so org.....

Where the hell did I say that?

he actually said its UNORIGINAL

Yes i know. Hence my jab at Nid because of his unoriginal sig. It was a light joke.

What is wrong with you??????? Let me calm down before Nid bans into eternity for typing what I think about your intellect.

I'm not even going to waste my time with you anymore. And nice PM, I swear you must have been reading another thread. :rolleyes:

Nidhogg
03-01-04, 16:03
OK cool it guys.

N

naimex
03-01-04, 16:17
how much tho i can see the point form both sides ::

Against sigs ::
Sure.. it shows ur IP and stuff.. showing you the vulnerability that is in ALL things made.

Pro sigs ::
It only shows UR own IP and stuff to YOU.. not to all..

ANYONE looking at those sigs only see THEIR OWN, not everyone elses.

Thane
03-01-04, 16:33
and again for those too lazy to read the whole shit:

ok it might be a script (wich the other runner didnīt realise) but it is an annoying one. please get rid of it!

not very nice to show people how voulnerable their pcīs are no wonder they feel insulted.

from nidhog :)

that was my original intention to start this thread, i know how this dumb sig works ;) believe me.. hehe

Omnituens
03-01-04, 19:42
i didnt like that sig

it confused me

where the fuck do rainbow elephants live? :D

ps Thane, you sig IS breaking the forum rules btw :lol:

FirestarXL
03-01-04, 22:52
Seems to me it's a bit of sticking ones head in the sand, "if I can't see it, it can't see me" attitude. As most people know, that information is there and available all the time, not just when quoted on someones sig.

But heh ho, this is a gaming forum, not an Internet security forum I guess. If there's people here who think you can catch a cold from a computer virus, who am I to correct them? :D

Lenard
04-01-04, 01:56
I wonder if they realize that they are the only ones that can see that particular IP.

Retards. Even Fabanti didnt even know how it worked. A++ imo

Edit: oh yeah 1 more thing

not very nice to show people how voulnerable their pcīs are no wonder they feel insulted

Its not nice to show people how vulnerable their security is ?? Are you sure about this? So if like say I found out how to hack Neocron I shouldn't report I shouldn't show you guys cuz thats not very nice now is it. ROOOFLES OMG. Oh Fabanti you and your ways. I'll be sure to keep your quote in mind for the future.

Vampire222
04-01-04, 02:00
Originally posted by MayhemMike
i feel violated from those sigs :mad: 8|
im ghey and offended by any sig with females in it... remove all of them please :o

Q`alooaith
04-01-04, 02:07
hmmm... is this how them sig's work..

Link to website, which get's info on where to send back request's (your IP address, whichit need's anyway so data can be sent to you, how all the internet work's)(ip, given by your ISP, which is assigned a certain range [btw guessing now])

Webby with the image, dissplay's your IP, and calculate's what ISP you might have... (often time' it was getting it mixxed up with the international NTL, since the BB share's IP range with them)...

Now since the script is just gathering data (which any site you vist can do) and dissplaying it, anyone else looking will only see their own IP and ISP... The site owner can't tell who's who, the most they could get is a list of IP's that saw the sig, tieing the IP to the forum account would be harder to do in the same way, and there are much easyer way's to get that info..

Sharak
04-01-04, 02:17
why would anyone be worried about someone knowing your IP address... Unless your completly stupid and don't have even a basic firewall installed ( XP even comes with one inbuilt ) then there's nothing *really* to worry about.

*This is based on a normal script kiddie scanner and not someone determined to get into your system*

Birkoff
04-01-04, 02:20
If some users don't under stand it and are annoyed by it KK are going to ask you to get rid of it.... thats obvious... why argue about it?

Didn't know what RM was either... not many ppl say it.. why insult some1 else by being the most sarcastic person ever in telling them the answer to a simpe question?

get over it... heh..

Q`alooaith
04-01-04, 02:22
Hell anyone can do this, with little looking around you can learn how to do this in a day if your slightly computer savvy..

If somone want's into your system the last thing they are going to do is say "I'm going to break into your system", since if your sytem get's broken into after they say that, it's evidence enough for a search, if not more...

If you tell somone that your going to break into their system, or somone say's this to you, simply unplug from the net and power down for a while, their attempt's to get to your computer will fail as you can't hack a cold machine.

Vampire222
04-01-04, 03:59
haha hacking also means
To drive a taxicab for a living.
To work for hire as a writer.
To ride on horseback at an ordinary pace.

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=hack

damn...

athon
04-01-04, 04:25
Originally posted by naimex
how much tho i can see the point form both sides ::

Against sigs ::
Sure.. it shows ur IP and stuff.. showing you the vulnerability that is in ALL things made.

Pro sigs ::
It only shows UR own IP and stuff to YOU.. not to all..

ANYONE looking at those sigs only see THEIR OWN, not everyone elses.

Actually, the particular one I saw used showed the IP of my ntl: proxy server.

And to those who are worried about other ppl having your IP, you shouldn't be really. For any computer to communicate with any other computer over the Internet, one computer has to know the other's IP address. IP addresses are basically the same as domain names.

Any website you visit (or even any computer on the internet that your comupter communicates with) can log your IP (and many do purely for the purpose of identifying individual visitors - tho this isn't very reliable these days - but it still gives a rough idea).

Athon Solo

TheDuckMan
04-01-04, 04:25
1.) use a firewall and it wont happen

2.) Everyone take theres off and change it to mayhem mikes sig. Those chicks are hot.

EDIT... one more thing: dont you need more then just an IP to hack into someones system?? lol

KramerTheWeird
04-01-04, 04:30
I never was offended. In fact the information on it was wrong, the browser said IE, I use Opera, and the IP was my network's not my PC's :)

Beanie McChimp
05-01-04, 00:14
I found it useful incase I needed my IP address. And it only shows YOUR address. I want my RTM sig but its to big apparantly :(

alig
05-01-04, 00:22
Wot a stupid fucking post thane:mad:

Say ur sat in an internet cafe and some nerd with big gogs was sat next to u.........

t0rqu3
05-01-04, 03:39
[ edited for violation of the forum rules - flaming ]

Clive
05-01-04, 07:14
I support Thane and Uman 100%, any one who doesn't, give me your email and I'll send you a message telling you where to shove it.

kurai
05-01-04, 08:40
[ edited for violation of the forum rules - what made you think you can post that offensive crap on these forums? ]