PDA

View Full Version : Guess what's coming in the next patch and WIN!

Nvidia
03-01-04, 03:37
It's been kinda quiet the past couple weeks... both on the test server and these forums...

Usually, in the past, from what I've seen, it's times like these when they'll suddenly drop a HUGE change/nerf/addition on the test server, and everyone begins to go mad.

Anyways, what do you all think is coming, when they, "Drop teh bomb?"

I'm smelling either a GUI update (General User Interface) Ex: The RPOS system, a patch to make BDoY compatible with the regular version of Neocron, or some new toys. What do you guys think?

Anyone who wants to contribute for other servers is more than welcome to do so. Right now, I can only accommodate the Pluto servers. I'd like to help out on the other ones, but I only have a noob PPU on Saturn, and she's poor. :lol: Anyone who thinks their answer is right, can email me at SharperThanImage@aol.com, when the patch comes out on the TS, and if your guess checks out, you'll get your choice of either a Marine/SF/PSI-Core and 2 Million credits... I know, I know, not much, but it's honestly all I can afford to give out atm. :p

Rules of the competition are as follows:

All guesses MUST be made in this thread. The day the patch notes are out, the contest becomes closed. Any posts with "Edited" are disqualified, as to filter out the cheaters. The person who guesses the most things right will get the reward, so try to guess on more than one thing!

Would appreciate it if a Mod could sticky this, but I've heard in the past that they will not sticky things made by players, so I won't hold my breath. ;)

Good luck with the guessing, and may the best psychic win!

Tratos
03-01-04, 03:42
ello Nvid

anywho i predict were gonna have a gaurd nerf, and perhaps less gaurd presence with more patroling gaurds.

also, a citycom fix,

thats it from me

~T

Cruzbroker
03-01-04, 03:43
Changing the TLs of weapons, some GM made a post on TS forum, about pistols, rifles and meelees at least, one change I remember was rapidfire 63 => 73...

Add poison, xray, fire mods on meelees.

Can't think of more now, will post more :p

Comie
03-01-04, 05:20
Monk Pa returning to its form of -Neg agil

Para lines of spells returning to their old effects (not the RoF/mana consumpt)

Vehicles returning to their old regs

a PE nerf (i hope to hell not they die easy enough as it is)

FLYING VEHICLES!!!

(well yu can dream cant yu)

erm maybe like yu said DoY teasers

outside of that i cant think of anything else

\\Fényx//
03-01-04, 05:22
Capped holy rez should go upto about 4/min ROF at 15 seconds cast time capped, Citycom needs to be defucked, Guards need analy raping with the nerfbat, Stealthers should have turrets blacked out while stealthed just like every other weapon is, and there will be pig's flying thru the plaza 1 skies .....

Comie
03-01-04, 05:26
damn it i want feynx's post stapled to the end of mine too... (actually its probably to sencible for that to ACTUALLY happen)

Tazo
03-01-04, 06:19
Originally posted by Nvidia
It's been kinda quiet the past couple weeks... both on the test server and these forums...

Usually, in the past, from what I've seen, it's times like these when they'll suddenly drop a HUGE change/nerf/addition on the test server, and everyone begins to go mad.

Anyways, what do you all think is coming, when they, "Drop teh bomb?"
its called "christmas break", as all "working people" have around this time of the year. last patch was a week before christmas, afair

RayBob
03-01-04, 06:20
Originally posted by Nvidia
...I'm smelling either a GUI update (General User Interface) Ex: The RPOS system...
GUI = Graphical User Interface, not General :D

Omnituens
03-01-04, 06:35
para will be fixed

Sealdude
03-01-04, 08:07
Anti City Factions wont be allowed in the city cept for PP.

Spoon
03-01-04, 08:19
Originally posted by Sealdude
Anti City Factions wont be allowed in the city cept for PP.

What he said^^

I have a feeling anti-city is going to get the boot out of at least Plaza 2 and 3, and probably Plaza 4 and all of Via Rossa.......

Clive tombstone
03-01-04, 08:24
Who knows, maybe good, maybe bad, we wont know till it happens wont we? Well, I hope its good, for goodness sake, It WOULD be nice if they released some info on DoY in the next Patch notes or something, besides price and how to purchase the expansion.

buuuttt thats just my guess ;)

BombShell
03-01-04, 08:30
am staying with para shock fixed :)

MindMaze
03-01-04, 08:36
Originally posted by BombShell
am staying with para shock fixed :)

Depends on what you call para being fixed :p

BombShell
03-01-04, 08:42
Originally posted by MindMaze
Depends on what you call para being fixed :p

when i win u will see :)

Clive tombstone
03-01-04, 08:51
OK, i got 6 bucks on MindMaze. Any takers? :D

MindMaze
03-01-04, 09:01
Originally posted by Clive tombstone
OK, i got 6 bucks on MindMaze. Any takers? :D

Pfft, only 6??

Lucid Dream
03-01-04, 09:07
Im gonna guess... and you said we could guess as many as we wanted... (i dont want these to happen, just guessing)

Stealth nerf
Devourer Nerf
Weapon TL change
New or Modified Map
Change to Terminator
New rifle
New pistol
New cannon
New melee weapon
New melee weapon mods (poison, fire, etc)
New APU spells
New PPU spells

MindMaze
03-01-04, 09:11
You know I'd actually post some stuff, but KK is just so damn random that it's a waste of time. They always manage to make changes that are COMPLETELY unexpected; like that lom change (loss of level loms), which made about half of pluto leave the game :eek:

BombShell
03-01-04, 09:15
Dev nerf i dont know because am sure thay probly went. if we put this it might be nerf (hoping thay actually thought of this). so it might stay the same. as making up their mind. and if thay nerf dev it was really pointless adding it then. making them look like thay didnt give any thought of it once agin. and letting it pass the test server.

MindMaze
03-01-04, 09:17
Originally posted by BombShell
Dev nerf i dont know because am sure thay probly went. if we put this it might be nerf (hoping thay actually thought of this). so it might stay the same. as making up their mind. and if thay nerf dev it was really pointless adding it then. making them look like thay didnt give any thought of it once agin. and letting it pass the test server.

That's what happened with apu poison - they boosted it and then nerfed it.

BombShell
03-01-04, 09:20
i know happened alot since i started playing retail. but to be honest u hav to remeebr posion beam stacks was really messed up. it actually only worked with 1 stack doin damage no matter how many u get. then when thay fixed it all posion damage was insane in caves and apu's spell. the bad thing thay did was boosting it at the same time.

ZoneVortex
03-01-04, 09:23
maybe they'll ... hell i dunno i just felt like posting, haven't posted in like a month.

how's it goin? heh...

TheDuckMan
03-01-04, 09:29
Originally posted by Spoon
What he said^^

I have a feeling anti-city is going to get the boot out of at least Plaza 2 and 3, and probably Plaza 4 and all of Via Rossa.......

that would mean alot of ppl (including me) quitting.

jernau
03-01-04, 09:33
Originally posted by \\Fényx//
and there will be pig's flying thru the plaza 1 skies .....

The hovercar thingies are returning? :p That would be nice.

Seriously - I think the next one will be a bunch of small bug fixes nothing exciting. The calm spot is just seasonal, nothing to get excited about.

Nerfing Para would be nice but it's unlikely :(.

@Comie - which vehicle reqs have changed?

BombShell
03-01-04, 09:35
i believe it will be fix because kk said para wasnt ment to be that strong. so after reading that i have confidents that kk will stay true to their words :) so bring on the next patch :)

Nvidia
03-01-04, 09:40
*Looks at RayBob* Argh, I knew someone was going to make a remark about that. :rolleyes:

I helped work on a game awhile back. For fun, we decided to call it a General user interface instead of a graphical user interface because it was remodel of the "usual" screen, where you spent most of your time, as in general?

Dunno if you get what I'm saying, I guess what I'm trying to say is, I know that's what it stood for. But for some reason, there are always people that insist on correcting on these boards....:confused:

Anyways... back on-topic, some good predictions there, I'm hoping SOMEONE will be right. :lol:

Comie
03-01-04, 22:34
the HH4x4 Chaincraft regs now to gun the turret are now something like
str 77 HC 105
instead of being
Str=55, H-C=87

and i also beluive the atc's regs have been upped too

ben77890
03-01-04, 22:37
all the shit they promised us waaaay back in beta. i.e hacknet and WORKING STOCK MARKETS

Bl1nd
03-01-04, 23:42
this is easy to say just check the test server patch notes lol

they are gonna add melee weapons and boost melee damage +15%

if they TRY to boost melee combat im happy at least they tried lol

i think they should boost tanks PAs

CRAIG DIGGERS
03-01-04, 23:51
Patch notes
- fix some memory leakes to lower the fatal errors
- adding a "turbo resume" button in main screen

j/k;)

KramerTheWeird
04-01-04, 04:46
NPC Guards adjusted, reduced in power.
More changes in AI of guards, including more that shoot on sight, and removal of punch exploit.
More CA Guards that KOS in Plaza 1.
Minor Netcode Optimization, probably won't even notice.
All vehicles will have their weapon requirements brought back to previous.
Ressurection rate of fire reworked again.
Terminator Strange Book either removed so techs drop, or the drop bug for Strange Book fixed.
Holy Paralysis and a few other Parashock spells will be reduced to previous shock levels.

Ascension
04-01-04, 04:53
Originally posted by KramerTheWeird
NPC Guards adjusted, reduced in power.
More changes in AI of guards, including more that shoot on sight, and removal of punch exploit.
More CA Guards that KOS in Plaza 1.
Minor Netcode Optimization, probably won't even notice.
All vehicles will have their weapon requirements brought back to previous.
Ressurection rate of fire reworked again.
Terminator Strange Book either removed so techs drop, or the drop bug for Strange Book fixed.
Holy Paralysis and a few other Parashock spells will be reduced to previous shock levels.

what he says :( unfortuantly he posted tht before me so i guess if hes right he wins :(

ServeX
04-01-04, 07:47
new sex emote.

ps.

Dark Mind is where the sex is at.

om
omg
om
omg
<_<
>_>
O_O

Birkoff
04-01-04, 08:17
Looks a good patch, i think that balance is finally here... now work on bugs :P

/edit

oh... and turret laying/n0000b buffing

:rolleyes: :D

KramerTheWeird
04-01-04, 08:46
Originally posted by Ascention
what he says :( unfortuantly he posted tht before me so i guess if hes right he wins :(

well a few things I have said have been posted before I think as well so don't feel like you can't use some of my thoughts.